Pokémon; Journey Through Kanto

By pokepal14

Yuki, a new Trainer from Pallet Town, aims to become a word famous Pokémon Master and Coordinator who travels... More

Profile
The Journey Begins
Route 1
Viridian City
Viridian Forest
Pewter City
Mt Moon
Cerulean Cape
Cerulean City
AJ
Pokémon Tech School
Bulbasaur
Growlithe
Squirtle
4th of July
Happy Independence Bahamas!!
The Lighthouse
Vermillion City
S.S Anne
Beauty and the Beach
Tentacool and Tenatcruel
Maiden's Peak
Lavender Town
Happy Halloween!!
Question
Celadon City
Drowzee and Hypno
Breeder's Lane
P1 Grand Prix
Gringy City
Diglett
Merry Christmas!!!
Happy New Year!!! 2024
Fuchsia City
Pokémon Ranch
Valentine's Day!!
Pokémon Preserve
The Safari Zone
The Bridge Bike Gang
Easter!!
Stone Town; The Eevee Brothers
Dark City
Question 2
Exeggutor
Paras
Jigglypuff
Kanto Pokémon Fossils
Author's Note
Farfetch'd
The Mystery Egg Hatches

Saffron City

673 13 3
By pokepal14

Before they arrived in Saffron City, they arrived at a cliff where they saw a group of Butterfree. Brock explained that the Butterfree are celebrating their season of love so they can find a mate. Yuki & Willow sent out their Butterfree to socialize.

After wandering for a bit, Hesper saw a Pink Butterfree being attacked by a Fearow. Hesper swooped in to defend the Pink Butterfree as he used Aerial Ace & Gust which caused Fearow to fly away.

The Pink Butterfree thanked Hesper as the two started to talk & fly together. Meanwhile, Willow's Butterfree was talking to a male Shiny Butterfree. Seeing this made Yuki & Willow smile.

Suddenly, a net came out of nowhere & captured all the Butterfee. Another net came & tried to capture Hesper, the Pink Butterfree & Willow's Butterfree, but Hesper & Willow's Butterfree used Swift to destroy the net.

A man appeared & revealed himself as a Butterfree Catcher which made the girls furious. The man sent out a Raticate & a Fearow who were quickly defeated by the girls' Butterfree's. The other Butterfree was free from the net & they all used String Shot to hold the Poacher down. 

Hesper didn't want to leave his trainer, so the Pink Butterfree told Yuki she could capture her. That way she & Hesper can be together & Hesper wouldn't have to leave his trainer. Yuki smiled as she hugged Hesper & his mate, whom she named Sakura.

As for Willow, she captured the Shiny Butterfree who liked hers. Willow hugged both Butterfree tight.

***

***

The gang was walking through a forest. 

"Hey Brock, do you much about the Gym Leader?" Yuki asked.

"Not much, but I've heard rumors," Brock answered.

"Rumors?" Willow said.

"The rumors say that Sabrina is a Psychic and a dangerous one," Brock said.

"Psychic, huh?" Yuki's eyes narrowed.

"Yeah, & some trainers avoid going to Saffron City because they don't want to face Sabrina. And if they face Sabrina, they come out terrorized," Brock explained.

"You mean like they act like they saw a ghost?" Yuki said with a spooky voice as she shined a flashlight on her face.

"Cut that out," Willow said as she playfully hit her shoulder.

"Sabrina uses Psychic Type Pokémon," Brock informs.

"That's a hard choice. I have two Butterfree, Nuiluna, Beedrill, Espeon, and Umbreon & they're all good against Psychic Pokémon," Yuki said. 

Suddenly, they heard a giggle in the bushes. A little girl about six years old with green hair, wearing a white dress with a white hat and carrying a white ball came out of the bushes.

"Excuse me little girl, do you know if we're near Saffron City?" Brock asked.

"Follow me," the little girl said as she ran away.

They followed the path where the little girl ran until they were at the edge of a cliff and saw Saffron City with many lights.

"Wow, it's so beautiful," Willow said, admiring the lights.

"I guess seeing that little girl was a sign of luck," Brock chuckled.

'Something is not right about that little girl,' Yuki thought before she turned to Raiden. "It's kind of strange that the little girl appeared out of nowhere & then disappeared."

"Pi Pikachu. (Tell me about it.)" Raiden agreed.

***

After spending the night in the Pokémon Center, the gang walked over to the Saffron Gym, which was an unusual dome-shaped building.

"Time for my fourth badge," Yuki said.

"Pika. (Yeah.)" Raiden nodded.

Yuki was about to open the door when a dark grey-bearded man, in a dark green jogging suit with a dark green cap, interrupted her.

"Are you going to battle Sabrina?" The man asked as he appeared to be studying her.

Raiden noticed this and growled at the man.

The man flinched a bit as Raiden sparked his cheeks.

"Yes, I'm battling Sabrina. Is that a problem?" Yuki asked.

"If I were you kid, I'd go to another gym. Sabrina will not go easy on a newbie trainer like you," the man said. "So leave now and find another gym."

"You shouldn't have said that," Brock said as he & Willow backed away.

"Listen here old man, I'm battling Sabrina. I haven't come all this way for a smug old man telling me what I can't do," Yuki said in a low, dangerous voice that made the man back away.

Yuki walked into the gym in a huff & Willow and Brock quickly followed her.

'He's Psychic,' Yuki thought.

***

When they entered the gym, they saw plenty of people. Some were trying to bend spoons by staring at them & the rest were trying to guess what shape or number was on the card without looking.

"Are all these people Psychic?" Willow asked.

"Yes," Yuki nodded.

"Hey, what are you kids doing here?" A man in a white coat asked, walking up to the gang.

"I'm here to challenge Sabrina," Yuki stated.

"You're here to challenge the great Sabrina? Then you're in big trouble," the man chuckled.

"Yeah, I heard that before," Yuki said, a bit annoyed.

"Excuse me sir, but are all these people practicing their powers?" Willow asked.

"Yes, we are," the man answered as he pulled out a spoon and stared at it hard. His face turns red, but the spoon bends a little.

"Allow me," Yuki said as her eyes glowed blue, telekinetically snapped the spoon in half and she was levitating a little.

This came as a shock to the man.

"How can a kid like you do that? You might be as strong as Sabrina. I will take you to her," the man said.

The man took the gang to the battlefield which was like an underground temple.

"Scary," Willow shivered.

"Perfect for a Psychic Gym," Brock said.

"The Psychic energy feels different," Yuki whispered.

"Oh great Sabrina," the man said & he pointed to Yuki. "This girl wishes to challenge you."

The curtains opened & revealed a woman with long green hair and wearing a red dress with yellow buttons and a little girl holding a Pokéball.

"Isn't that the little girl from the forest?" Willow asked.

"Yes, that's her," Brock confirmed.

'She's not real,' Yuki concluded.

The woman's eyes glowed red unlike Yuki's eyes which were blue, telekinetically lifted the man into the air and dropped him on the floor.

The gang & Raiden winced.

"Sabrina, I'm Yuki Ketchum of Pallet Town & I'm here to challenge you to a Gym Battle," Yuki said.

"I accept your challenge, but if you lose you will have to play with me," the little girl said.

Yuki felt she didn't mean that in a normal way, but agreed anyway.

Sabrina floats over to the ground and she and Yuki get into battle position.

"The Gym Battle between Sabrina the Saffron City Gym Leader & Yuki the challenger will now begin. This will be a two-on-two battle & it will be over when either side is unable to continue. Only the challenger can substitute Pokémon," a referee announced.

"Come on out Drowzee," Sabrina said as sent out a yellow and brown tapir-like Pokémon.

"Drowzee," the Pokémon said as Yuki pulled out a Pokédex.

Drowzee, the Hypnosis Pokémon. Drowzee feed on dreams and has a particular taste for the ones that show the dreamer having a lot of fun. It sometimes shows off its favorite dreams to friends.

"Eclipse, I choose you!" Yuki said as she sent out Escplise.

"Umbreon," Eclipse appeared.

"Battle begin!" The referee said.

"Use Shadow Ball," Yuki ordered.

"Umbreon!" Eclipse said as he fired a black and purple ball from his mouth and it hit Drowzee directly.

"Use Ice Punch," Sabrina said.

Drowzee's fist became surrounded by an icy blue aura and charged at Eclipse.

"Iron Tail," Yuki countered.

Eclipse's tail glows a metallic color and clashes with Drowzee.

"Use Focus Punch," Sabrina said.

Drowzee's fist glowed orange & punched Eclipse.

"Are you okay?" Yuki asked.

"Reon," Eclipse nodded.

"Wake-Up Slap," Sabrina said.

Drowzee's hands glowed & slapped Eclipse a few times.

"Now Zap Cannon." Drowzee fired a yellow orb with a red center from its hands.

"Detect," Yuki said.

"Eon," Eclipse's eyes glowed light blue for a moment & dodged the attack.

"Use Metronome." Drowzee's fingers glowed white & started to wave them, then the Metronome turned into Hyper Beam.

"Dark Pulse," Yuki ordered.

"Umbreon!" Eclipse fires a beam of black & purple energy rings from his mouth that overpowers Hyper Beam & hits Drowzee directly and causes it to faint.

"What?" Sabrina said in shock.

"Drowzee is unable to battle. Umbreon wins," the referee declared.

"Alright, way to go, Eclipse," Yuki praised.

"Bre," Eclipse smiled as he nuzzled his trainer's leg.

"Not bad," Sabrina commented as she returned Drowzee. "Come out Abra."

"Abra," A yellow fox-like Pokémon appeared as Yuki scanned the Pokémon.

Abra, the Psi Pokémon. Spends 18 hours of the day sleeping. Even while asleep, Abra can control its psychic powers—should danger approach, the Pokémon will teleport away.

"Return," Yuki returned Eclipse and sent out her 2nd Pokémon. "Celeste, I choose you!"

"Espeon," Celeste smiled as she appeared.

Suddenly, Abra glowed bluish white, it grew bigger and a spoon formed in its hand.

"Kadabra," the Pokémon announced.

"It evolved," Brock said.

"That was quick," Willow commented.

"Interesting," Yuki said as she scanned the Pokémon.

Kadabra, the Psi Pokémon and the evolved form of Abra. When Kadabra is around, its strong psychic powers can sometimes interfere with electronics like computer monitors or televisions. Strange, creepy shadows can be seen on the screen when this happens.

"Not going to stop me. Celeste Shadow Ball," Yuki commanded.

"Espeon!" Celeste fired a black and purple ball from her mouth

"Use Psybeam," Sabrina said.

Kadabra fired a multicolored beam from its spoon which collided with Signal Beam.

"Quick Attack," Yuki said.

Celeste glowed light blue & ran towards Kadabra at quick speed.

"Use Confusion," Sabrina said.

Kadabra's eyes glowed red, telekinetically stopped Celeste & held her in the air.

"Use Hyper Voice," Yuki said.

"ESPEON!" Celeste screamed as she released blue waves of energy from its mouth which caused Kadabra to let go of her.

"Recover," Sabrina said.

Kadabra glowed light yellow and some of its injuries were healed.

"Oh, that's just great. Celeste Psyche Up," Yuki said.

Celeste stood still for a moment.

"Now Iron Tail." Celeste's tail glowed a metallic color & slammed her tail into Kababra.

"Kadabra!" Kadabra cried out.

Sabrina's eyes widen at that. Her eyes were beginning to show some emotion.

'Her eyes,' Yuki thought.

***

The gang noticed this as well.

"Hey, is it me or did Sabrina look different?" Willow asked.

"Yeah. At the beginning of the battle, Sabrina looked like a lifeless person & now she looks worried," Brock said.

Unknown to Willow & Brock, the man from earlier was watching the battle. Yuki, however, sensed he was there.

***

Kadabra was panting heavily, but Celeste was still fine.

"I have to say you are the first to give me an interesting battle," Sabrina said.

"Yeah this battle is fun," the little girl giggled.

"Thanks, but time to end this. Celeste Hyper Beam!" Yuki said.

Celeste fired an orange beam of energy from her jewel at Kadabra.

"Psybeam," Sabrina said.

Kadabra fired Psybeam which collided with Hyper Beam.

Kadabra was panting hard while Celeste wasn't panting as hard then Kadabra collapsed in defeat.

"Kadabra is unable to battle, Espeon wins. So the victory goes to Yuki the challenger," the referee declared.

"You were wonderful, Celeste. We won!" Yuki praised as she hugged Celeste.

"Esp Espeon," Celeste smiled as she licked her trainer's face.

Meanwhile, Sabrina walked over to Kadabra.

"You made us lose! You're a meanie!" The little girl shouted.

"Are you okay, Kadabra?" Sabrina asked worried as she picked up her Pokémon. Her eyes looked like color was coming back into them.

"Dabra," Kadabra nodded.

The little girl looked at Sabrina and disappeared. 

"Where did that little girl go?" Willow asked.

"Weird," Brock said.

"More look spooky," Yuki said.

Sabrina smiled softly and returned Kadabra.

"Sabrina?" The man said as he appeared out of the shadows.

"Daddy?" Sabrina said, tears started to build in her eyes as she hugged him. "Daddy!"

"My little girl is back!" Her dad cried out as he hugged her back.

"DADDY?!" Willow and Brock exclaimed.

"That was unexpected," Yuki said, amused.

"Sabrina! Honey!" A woman exclaimed, running towards them.

"Mom!" Sabrina said.

"Dear!" Her father said.

All of them hugged and cried tears of happiness.

***

Everyone got out of the gym and Sabrina's parents explained everything.

"Sabrina was born with Psychic powers. But each year as Sabrina grew older her Psychic powers grew stronger, so strong that her own powers started to take control of her," Sabrina's father said. "And when it did, Sabrina showed no emotions for anything and used her powers to hurt people."

"But thanks to you Yuki, our baby girl is free," Sabrina's mother smiled.

"I didn't do anything except battle her," Yuki said.

"Ah, but your battle set her free. Defeating Kadabra helped Sabrina get her emotions back," Sabrina's father said.

"Thank you for a great match and I now present you the Marsh Badge," Sabrina smiled as she held out a golden badge in the shape of two circles.

"We just got the Marsh Badge!" Yuki cheered as she posed.

"Pi Pikachu!/Eon!" Raiden, Eclipse & Celeste cheered.

Sabrina hugged Yuki which made Yuki hug back.

"Bye!" the gang waved.

"Goodbye!" Sabrina & her parents waved back.

***

Yuki's Pokémon:

Pikachu (Raiden) (M)

Shiny Charmeleon (Adeen) (F)

Pidgeotto (Skye) (F)

Shiny Gyarados (Triton) (M)

Meowth (Meowzie) (F)

Happiny (Galen) (F)

Butterfree (Hesper) (M)

Shiny Beedrill (Vespa) (F)

Nuiluna (Aruna) (F)

Sandshrew (Tarrin) (M)

Clefairy (Stella) (F)

Nidoran (Lin) (M)

Nidoran (Reina) (F)

Skitty (Tsuki) (F)

Bulbasaur (Jarylo) (M)

Shiny Oddish (Flora) (F)

Shiny Growlithe (Aiden) (M)

Shiny Vulpix (Wisp) (F)

 Seel (Mesi) (F)

Hibitrix (Posy) (F)

Jerblitz (Corin) (F)

Squirtle (Blast) (M)

Krabby (Leo) (M)

Shiny Eevee (Nova) (F)

Jolteon (Thor) (M)

Flareon (Enya) (F)

Vaporeon (Mizu) (F)

Espeon (Celeste) (F)

Shiny Umbreon (Eclipse) (M)

Leafeon (Ivy) (F)

Glaceon (Glacia) (F)

Shiny Sylveon (Titania) (F)

Horsea (Spirit) (F)

Pink Butterfree (Sakura) (F)

Brock's Pokémon:

Onix (M)

Geodude (M)

Zubat (M)

Weepinbell (M)

Rhyhorn (M)

Magnemite

Machoke (M)

Growlithe (M)

Sandslash (M)

Willow's Pokémon:

Marill (F)

Butterfree (F)

Staryu

Eevee (F)

Ditto

Apiom (M)

Vulpix (F)

Ledyba (F)

Buneary (F)

Pokémon Egg

Shiny Butterfree (M)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

777 11 6
Aura Yin Mew Stone is a hearing-impaired girl whose world has been shrouded with silence since birth. Her voice soon followed as she hesitantly becam...
35.3K 886 16
After beating the Unova and Kalos league, (Y/n) goes on a much needed vacation to the Alola region where he has to go through another trial. One that...
6.3K 107 10
A young boy from Pallet Town, named Y/n, the younger brother of Leaf, Kanto's contest Top Coordinator, and his trusty partner, Pikachu have moved wit...
1.3K 41 9
Follow Alexia's journey to enter the Sinnoh League, as her childhood friend Dawn joins her to become Top Coordinator! They are soon joined by Ash and...