FOUL FLAMES -HOTD

By darlinggsnight

๐‘ฑ๐’‰๐’‚๐’†๐’“๐’š๐’” ๐’๐’๐’„๐’† ๐’”๐’‚๐’˜ ๐’Š๐’ ๐’‰๐’Š๐’” ๐’…๐’“๐’†๐’‚๐’Ž๐’”, ๐’‚๐’‰๐’†๐’‚๐’… ๐’๐’‡ ๐’‰๐’Š๐’” ๐’‚๐’ˆ๐’†. ๐‘จ ๐’•๐’“๐’–๐’†๐’ƒ๐’๐’“๐’ ๏ฟฝ... More

โ€ขยฐCHARACTERSยฐโ€ข
โ€ขยฐแด˜ส€แดสŸแดษขแดœแด‡~1ยฐโ€ข
โ€ขยฐ001ยฐโ€ข
โ€ขยฐ002ยฐโ€ข
โ€ขยฐ003ยฐโ€ข
โ€ขยฐ004ยฐโ€ข
โ€ขยฐ005ยฐโ€ข

โ€ขยฐแด˜ส€แดสŸแดษขแดœแด‡~2ยฐโ€ข

3.4K 136 8
By darlinggsnight

THE Queen paced the length of her chambers. It was fairly close to those of her daughter by law. The pillows and blankets were finely lined with red and gold decoration, neat trimmings as they were. No matter how pretty the room was, she missed her room back at Kings Landing. Back there she was in control.

The silver haired boy was sat in the corner of her chambers. Lounging on a seat, clearly irritated by his summoning. Aegon moved a stray strand of hair away from his eyes. Obscuring his vision.
The boys and Halaena were dragged to Dragon Stone against their will. Supposedly perks of having an overprotective mother.

"And why am I here Mother? I get that the stupid Babe was born. Probably another bastard like the boys anyway." Aegon complained.

Alicent stopped her pacing and swung
her head of brown coils around to face her eldest child. Her face fuming, and her eyes wide as though someone had just rudely offended her.

"Aegon. Tell me, how can you be so stupid?" She asked, all stern like.

Aegon furrowed his brows in response and portrayed an offended look of his own.

"What?"

Alicent marched over to him. Her dark and crimson gown trailing behind her as she moved.
"Harwin Strong is Dead. Rhaenyra married Daemon, Aegon. How on earth is Ravaena a bastard?"

"Alright, and. She's a babe, she can't do anything. Mother are you sure you're alright?" He questioned.

Alicent fumed, her temper running thin.

"SHE IS A CHILD OF A PROPHECY AEGON!" She shouted, getting up close to his smug face. Aegon lurched backwards. "SHE IS JAEHAERYS' DREAM IN LIVING PROOF. AEGON!" Alicent sighed.

"That girl it the first trueborn heir of Rhaenyra's, Jace, Luke and Joff are still ahead of her in the line for the Throne." Alicent said.

"Then why is it a big deal?" Aegon questioned.

Alicent cupped her face in her hands. And screamed into them. The sound all muffled and terrible to hear.

"You are no son of mine. How can you be so blind? If Ravaena is Fireborn, she will be the dragon rider the Targaryens haven't had in centuries. She is the heir that will survive no matter what happens. It is her destiny Aegon!"

"But she is fifth in line Mother."

"Yes, second in line by blood. By trueborn law, The other boys are illegitimate, even if they take the Throne, the girl will be by their side. and you and Aemond will be shoved to the bottom like unwanted cattle." Alicent explained.

"If I can prove that they are bastards, it will no good anyway. Ravaena will be next in line. I'm stuck here Aegon! Stuck, either way we lose." Her voice faltered. "We lose." It was then Alicent's voice trailed off into a whisper. "You must grow up now."

For the first time in a very long time, she felt ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀʟᴇss.

<>

Rhaenyra got up the next morn, and summoned her previously thought ally. Or was that a lie as well? Alamaris claimed she was on their side, but people can change as often as the tides change. At random and when you least expect it to happen.

Rhaenyra garbled herself with a deep red dress that was just about comfortable, not to thick that she suffocated, not too light that she froze to death from the unforgiving winds of the ocean. Her hair was braided into a circlet around the crown of her head. Weaved into a crown of her own. Ravaena in her temporary crib on the other side of the room. Sleeping for the moment.

A hard knock at her door signaled that Alamaris was outside. Rhaenyra called her in. She stepped into the room. Her posture perfect, and hands held in front of her stomach clamped together. Alamaris' black hair was draped down past the small of her back in loose coils exactly like those of Alicent's. Her lips, as always had a natural red tint to them, the rosiest feature on her face. As the her skin was pale, some would even compare it to being a sheet of snow.

Alamaris bowed, getting her formalities over with, before going to a seat across from Rhaenyra and sitting herself down. She sat with both legs diagonal and rest both hands atop her thys. A perfect posture for a perfect Lady it seemed.

"My princess. How are you?" Alamaris began.

Rhaenyra half smirked and replied.
"Quite well, on the mend. Although I have asked for your presence with other reasons in mind my dear."
Alamaris shook her head slightly, giving off the impression she was completely oblivious. Rhaenyra was not one for small talk when stakes were high and important subjects were at hand.

"What is it Rhaenyra? Is it the babe? How is she?" Alamaris flooded the room with questions. Rhaenyra answering only but one.

"My daughter is fine Alamaris."

"Then what is the matter dear friend?" Alamaris inquired.

"I should have been more wary. Befriending a Hightower, did me no good before. I can't see why I thought it would have done any this time." Rhaenyra said, her tone, harsh and bitter.

"My Lady, what has happened." Alamaris was clearly hurt, her eyes had started to grow glossy. And her voice broke slightly at the end.

"How long have you been in contact with the Queen?"

"Only three days ago, she sent a Raven on the Kings behalf. Asking how you were, if this is about that. You need to know it was by command of the king." Alamaris tried to convince the Dragon sat before her.

"I cannot have you telling your sister everything that happens Alamaris. She names my children illegitimate, and now with Ravaena, she feels threatened by a pure targaryen." Rhaenyra explained, Alamaris nodded.

"I didn't plan on it, I had no choice. Alicent would have taken Dyanna back to Kings Landing if I didn't tell her."
Alamaris placed a gentle hand to her eyelids and wiped her eyes before any tears came out. Rhaenyra understood partly, she'd do it for any of her children as well.

Rhaenyra leaned forwards and placed her hand atop of Alamaris' own.
"No one will touch your daughter Alamaris. She is protected." Alamaris pulled her hand away and stood up. She hastily dried her hand on the material of her gown and straightened up.

"I'm sorry dear, I have come across a cold. I wouldn't want to pass it on to you. Or the babe."

"I'll let you have leave for rest, but please tell me you will not tell Alicent anymore information, that is my job. As Lady of Dragon Stone." Alamaris nodded, accompanied by her sweet smile that always seemed to light up a room. However today, it did not.

"I only did it for Dyanna. I'm sure you can understand Rhaenyra, you are my friend. I found I have very little of those."Alamaris bowed her head again. "May I see her when I am well?" She reffered to Ravaena, Rhaenyra nodded in response. The Hightower beamed and finally lit up the room.

"Now go. Get some rest, I will see to Dyanna. For now you need sleep." Rhaenyra ordered.

"Thank you Rhaenyra." Alamaris left the room. Leaving the dragon with a head bursting with thoughts. Did Alicent really feel threatened? And if so, were they safe?

<>

Rhaenyra had rested herself that day. Perhaps she slept a good hour after Alamaris left. However, her mindset was flooded with vicious dreams that ate away at her sleep. More like she was awake instead, and as tiring as the dreams were, left her as drousy as when she finally nodded off.

She shook the dreams away when she woke up. Rubbing the sleep from her eyes, letting them focus into reality. The room was draped in shadows, all dark except from the dull, flickering flames bursting little light into the space. She focused on a figure first, or at least the back of one. Hair tied up in half. The remainders draped atop his shoulders.

She straightened up and saw that it was Daemon sat at the end of their four-post.

"You're awake?" He asked, no tone, no pitch added to his voice.

"It would seem I am." Rhaenyra began. "What are you doing?"

"It's hatched." He replied without skipping a beat.

"The egg? Now?" She questioned and he turned and nodded. His arms were held together, balancing inside them was the small being, only just come into this world. It's wings were petite and a deep shade of yellow. They perfectly contrasted from dark yellow into the pitch blackness of the scales. The features matching Syrax's so much, it was easy to see that it was from her Egg. Co sidering dragons do not usually match the characteristics of their parents.

"Spitting image of Syrax." Rhaenyra laughed and stroked the hard scaled head of the dragon. It nudged its head against her palm. Enjoying the fuss. "What will we name her?" She asked.

"Let Ravaena decide, when she can. I want her to have that privilege." He stated. Rhaenyra agreed.

"You know, you were right." Rhaenyra said.

Daemon connected their lines of sight, and stared into her lilac eyes that resembled so much of his own.
"About what?" He asked.

"It is rare for dragons to hatch even a year in. But a day? And with the coincidence of the dragon fire..."

"See, ғɪʀᴇʙᴏʀɴ." Daemon interrupted her sentence. For the first time she realized that perhaps it was not such a good thing their daughter was a child of a prophecy. She would be wanted by Alicent, by the enemies of the realm. But she was protected. Protected by fire, protected by the ever lasting allies that may have been close or far away. In that Rhaenyra was confident.

ᴀɴᴅ sᴏ sʜᴇ ᴡᴀs, ᴀ ғɪʀᴇʙᴏʀɴ ᴛᴀʀɢᴀʀʏᴇɴ. ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇɴᴠɪᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴀʟʟ.
ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴀs ʀᴀᴠᴀᴇɴᴀ ᴛᴀʀɢᴀʀʏᴇɴ.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 350 9
.เณƒเฟ ๐——๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€ ๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜€๐˜ ๐—ฑ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€. ๐—•๐—น๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ฑ ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฏ๐—น๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ฑ. ๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—บ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ถ๐—ฐ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ป ๐—ฎ ๐˜„๐—ฎ...
8.2K 308 15
๐Œ๐˜ ๐…๐‘๐”๐ˆ๐“๐’ | ๐˜ข๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ฅ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด, ๐˜“๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜บ ๐˜”๐˜บ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข ๐˜š๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฌ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜จ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด...
1.1M 46.3K 88
"Brother. I have some conditions before I agree to this union. They are non negotiable." ๐Ÿ‰ King Viserys Targaryen lost his wife in child birth and...
274K 12.7K 65
"๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ท ๐“ฒ?" "๐“ท๐“ธ....๐“ท๐“ธ ๐“ท๐“ธ๐“ฝ ๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ท ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ.."