Off Day (Book 1)

By JamesWoodro

He rushes behind a car as I'm shooting at him as he's shooting while running away. "Imma Kill You Manny!" I g... More

In Denial (Prologue)
I'm Toxic? but you love me though.
Friends Turned Enemies, Frenemies.
Play the fool, the fools get played.
Self Destruct, A Walking Timebomb.
Sample Me, How I taste?
To Live & Die In Indy
Who You Rockin With? Chose.
James & Shayla, How It All Started.
Moments, Nina & James.
Standoff/Showdown
Dangerous Love, Postponed.
On my Off day (Epilogue)

Rip the Bandaid Off

130 20 5
By JamesWoodro

James POV

Two weeks later, The present day

I parked my car in Nina's driveway and got out. All black was the fit I had on. Black Denim ripped jeans, black designer shirt, black and silver bb belt, with the black timberland boots. Polo watch on my left arm with some bracelets and wristbands on my right. Cuban link chain dangling and swinging every time I walk.

I'm Fly until I die like 911.

Its been two weeks since I texted or communicated with Nina. We haven't seen each other or called each other. Well she's called me but I been ignoring her. I was still mad that she went behind my back and fucked Manny. Even though I fucked Shayla. That shit hurt. I figured it's time to break up with her since she ain't carrying my child. I know she gone start tripping though. I mean it's Nina... a cry baby.

But I mean why be with someone who cheats?

Especially with my Ops of all people.

Knowing me and Manny been having animosity towards each other since middle school.

As I get closer to the door I realize I haven't seen Nina since I put my hands on her in front of her friends. Then I've been avoiding her, but I needed time to think and to get away from her. I don't know how I'm going to face her.

I also needed to return her keys and get my keys back. Just in case she tries to kill me in my sleep after this. The news gone read ex girlfriend kills her ex boyfriend while he sleeping or some shit. That girls a emotional roller coaster, don't make it better she been smoking up all my weed and stealing my pills. She think I don't know. But I do.

Done turned into damn junkie using up the shit I'm supposed to be selling.

I opened the door to find her no where in sight. The smell of incense burning all over the house though. Her Jhene Aiko songs was playing so she was around. I walked upstairs and I went into the bathroom. As I grow nervous to do this I had to urge to pee now.

I needed to piss badly, pulling my pants down and pulling out my wank as I release a cup full of fluid. As I finished I walk towards the bathroom sink. I accidentally dropped my phone near the trash can. Irritated as I picked it up. I glanced down into the garbage and saw a pregnancy stick.

My heart sank.

I felt drunk and I haven't even took any shots today as I feel dizzy as I picked it up.

Are. You. Fucking. Kidding. Me!

Damn I know I haven't been talking to her but she could've told me. What the fuck.

I was angry as I walked downstairs. Pacing back and forth trying to calm myself down. Hyperventilating. That's my girl if I find out Manny got her pregnant I'm going to kill him. I was in the kitchen now until I heard movement from upstairs. I rush up there not thinking straight as I opened her bedroom door. Nina.

She look like she was sick and tired. She forced a smile at me. Well this is some bullshit. She really is pregnant and my dumb ass didn't even know.

The last time we had sex I did nut in her. I usually pulled out. I got so used to busting in Shayla that I didn't even know the difference.

3 weeks ago

I moved my hands across her stomach as they trace around her waist. I positioned myself at her entrance as I slid her panties to the side. I begin by pushing the tip of myself inside her but it wouldn't bulge. Her face wincing in pain as she stops me. "I'm not wet." She tells me as I stop and spit on her pussy rubbing it in with my Dick as I slide in so effortlessly now.

I admire her body as I stroke all inside of her as i bite my lip staring into her eyes. Hearing her moan while I thrust into her was enough to make me bust right there. But I don't let myself get to excited as I focus on pleasuring her. She had on some sexy red panties... my favorite color. I pull on her panties as I'm thrusting into her as I snatch her panties off. "I liked... those." she sighs while moaning as I started to bang her harder. "Shut up!" I spit aggressively as she started to moan louder as I was picking up the pace.

I love hearing her moan I swear she moans better than Shayla. "mmm James!" She moaned my name loudly as i went deeper inside of her. I went slow and fast all at the same time until she was cumming hard and could barely keep her legs open. "Open those legs!" I demanded. "Im try...ing." She says halfway moaning. I hold her legs up as i continued to penetrate until I feel myself nutting all inside of her.

I pull out once I'm done as I watch it drip out of her as she pulls me on top of her. We lay on each other as I feel myself weary as I'm exhausted.

"I love you, Nini." I whispered into her ear.
"I love you.. Too." she whispered with satisfaction in her voice. I move to place her in my arms as we fall asleep on each other.

The present day

"Hi." she said to me still giving me that weak ass smile. She know when something ain't right. Like the fact that we were both lying to each other. I shake my head at her with a dead ass look meaning I was serious as I could be right now.

"Nah." I replied. Shaking my head no. Now she could tell I was mad about something. I'm mad as hell. How she gone be pregnant too. Dealing with Shayla is already complicated enough. Now here she is looking like she haven't been eating. All pregnant and shit.

Nose red from blowing her nose, eyes red and puffy from crying, and she had some throw up stained on her shirt.

"James, what's..." she begin to speak as her eyes move to my hand. She noticed her pregnancy test I was holding. She looks back up at my face as she's starting to look nervous. She starts to stutter before I cut her off. I ain't trying to hear excuses right now.

"Are you preg..." I asked her before she interrupted me nodding. "Im sorry, I was going to tell you. You haven't been texting me back or answering my calls." she said quietly. "Is it mine." I asked her as she looks at me with confusion. "Why wouldn't it be. Your the only guy I let fuck me raw James." She told me as I believed her now. Damn. I know she can be petty but she isn't stupid. She wouldn't get pregnant by Manny out of spite, nah that's Shayla's thing.

Nina POV

Three weeks ago

I treasured our moments. I miss the moments. Just hanging around, going to the movies, or the late night texting, and going to sleep over the phone together. Sometimes we just watched tv when he came over, or I would watch him play the game. His presence alone was all I wanted.

Just being with James made me happy. Then him and Shayla went behind my back. So I went behind his. The hypocrisy of him. James and Manny being the only boys I let enter me. And I made sure Manny wore a condom. I remember taking a pregnancy test after throwing up all day.

Knowing James was the last person to nut inside of me as I held the stick in my hand.

"I... I... I'm..." I struggled to bring out the words as it looked at the life changing results. "Pregnant." I almost fainted at the sight of even seeing such a thing.

I don't know how to tell him.

He hasn't even been texting me back.

Or answering my calls.

I can't just tell him I'm pregnant... he'll think I'm lying just to see him.

Present Day

"James... I was going to tell you but..." I said. He interrupted me punching a hole in my wall as my mouth dropped. I knew he would be upset about it but I didn't think he would be this angry. Lately he's like a time bomb ready to go off at any moment. I'm starting to worry about him. If he doesn't get this temper of his in check someone's going to end up badly hurt. And I hope it's not him... or me.

"YOU CAN'T KEEP THIS KIND OF SHIT HIDDEN FROM ME NINA!" He yelled. "You out here pregnant and shit and ain telling me. How I'm pose to keep you safe now that you got a baby I gotta worry about." He said as he was trying to calm himself down. "Then don't keep me safe since its such a bit fuckin deal!" I was starting to break down as my voice was cracking.

"YOU DIDN'T REACT LIKE THAT WHEN SHAYLA TOLD YOU!" I snapped at him as he closed his eyes dropping his head.

I was trying not to cry... Every lie, everytime he snook around with Shay and now she's pregnant and I'm wrong. I wanted to say something else but I was nervous about what he would do to me. Why does he have to change on me. I want the boy I fell in love with... I don't know this person right here.

"I HAVEN'T HEARD FROM YOU IN TWO WEEKS JAMES! YOU'VE BEEN IGNORING MY TEXTS AND MY CALLS! HOW THE HELL WAS I SUPPOSED TO TELL YOU!" I snapped back at him as he looks at me like I'm crazy. "Watch yo tone with me." He said as he started to move closer to me as I back away slowly. My back hits the wall as he's in my face now.

"You couldn't drive to my house... Hmm? You couldn't tell me at school? Or maybe it's not even my damn baby so I didn't have the right to know. Fucking hoe." He grabbed me by my throat as he pushes me on the bed. I couldn't believe how angry he was... I couldn't hold back the tears anymore.

"You fucking cheated on me!" He says grabbing be my leg and with one hand pulls me off the bed as I hit my head. I look up at him crying. "Fucking bitch." He pulls me up by my arm before swinging me and throwing me across the room.  "You cheated on me and now his ass wants to kill me! This is your fucking fault!" He says approaching me menacingly.

"James... stop!" I tell him my voice sounding like a child as I ended up raining tears down my face like a waterfall. My blood starting to boil as I jump up punching him in his chest as he pushes me back on the bed. "I FUCKING HATE YOU!" I yell at him crying. "I FUCKIN HATE YOU TOO!" He yells back as his eyes began to tear up and he cries as well.

"Nobody told you to beat up Manny! That's your fault." I tell him as we started to calm down now. "Nobody told you to fuck him either." He tells me as I shake my head at him tearing up again. "Fuck you James! You fucked my best friend. YOU GOT HER PREGNANT!" I tell him as he sits there in silence. We both do. five minutes go by of both of us not saying anything. So I do.

"We are over James. I'm done with you. You fucking hypocrite... I HATE YOU!" I scream at the top of my lungs the last bit. He blinks his eyes before nodding his head at me.

A few mintues went silently by as he started to calm down. We weren't speaking. We never argued this bad before. I kept crying and crying and hopefully Just hopefully he would come to my aid... But he didn't.

"You were going through a lot I never wanted to add to the issue." I broke the silence.

"You already did." He said calmly. I watched him leave. I chased him out the room. I grabbed his arm and he yanked away from me. "We're over remember." he said calmly as his words pierced my soul. "James!" I nearly plead as he's walking down the stairs. I grab him again but this time he pushes me down as I look up at him crying. "Please... I don't want to do this by myself." I beg him as he looks coldly into my eyes. "Go ask Manny. Actually... forget that it's not going to matter anyway I'm going to kill him." He tells me as he walks out the front door and out of my life.

I walked back to my room pulling at my hair before screaming and falling on the floor. As I started to cry and cry to the point I fainted crying myself to sleep. I had to let him go but I can't. He's been inside of me.

The father of my child wasn't coming back.

I was going to have to do this alone.

When I woke up suicide thoughts kept running in my head. I'll hurt him. I'll make him regret hurting me.

I took a razor and looked at my arm and knew what I had to do. I had already had cuts on my wrist when I found out about Shayla being pregnant. But this time I'll bleed out and James is gone know I how I feel. Empty.

No letters. No notes. No goodbyes.

I take the blade and cut downwards deep into my arm. The pain quick and sudden as I just sat on my bed. Taking it all In. Damn. I'm really about to kill myself over a boy. Never did I ever think it would turn out like this. The blood loss catching up to me as I begin to feel light headed.

Eyes closing as I blacked out.

James POV

I got too much on my mind as I walk to Meech's house as he's sitting on the porch. He was looking on his phone as I walked up and dap him up. Tre was talking on the phone with some girl as they were arguing. He hangs up on her before sitting next to me dapping me up too.

All three of us looking like we done had a long ass day.

"Nina's pregnant." I said as they both look up at me appalled. "Congratulations?" Tre questioningly says as if he thought I was happy about it. "Figured you'd be more enthusiastic about it." Meech says. "She cheated on me with Manny." I tell them as they both didn't know about the whole situation. "What?!" Both of them saying at the same time in sync.

"Well that makes Fucking sense." Meech says as he starts to put it all together. "Nina found out you cheated on her with Shayla. So she fucked a nigga you don't like. You found out and whooped his ass now he wants to kill us." Meech explains as Tre starts laughing about the whole scenario.

"Damn girls can be vindictive. And boy oh boy the power of pussy to have you lose yo mind and fuck him up like that. Now I know why you was so mad that day." Tre says laughing and clapping as I looked at him seriously as he stopped.

Tre was quiet as me and Meech was doing all the talking. We started talking about the past and how far we done came from being kids. Now we talking about Raquan, Carl, and Manny. 

"Man. I'm into deep G." I tell him as he nods his head agreeing with me. I started thinking about that Raquan situation as I keep feeling like he's gone come back and get me.

"G he ain't gone fuck with you." Meech said as Tre looked up at me. "Who?" Tre said as he had his hand on his waist as he had his pistol on him. "That boy Raquan. You know his shorty Ex." Meech said as Tre relaxed him self. "Aw yea it's a wrap! Dude don't want no smoke. I heard he be going to church now." Tre stated as I blink my eyes with shock.

A guy like that finding Christ?

I must've traumatized him just as much as it traumatized me.

"And to think he used have me worried." Tre says about to laugh again but we both looked at him as he stopped himself.

"Now's not the time for jokes." I tell him as he nodded his head in agreement. "They killed Lashonda trying to kill me, we gotta get them before they get the drop on one of us again." Meech says as I nod my head in agreement.

"I'm finna go hit the g station." I tell them as I walk off moving down the streets. Meech ended up catching up with me as we was walking together to the gas station. A bunch of ogs and dope boys all posted up around it.

We was walking down the sidewalks walking past the pumps as I see Carl. "No Fucking way." Meech says to me as we both had our eyes on him. "You got yo gun?" I asked him as he shook his head no. "I left it at the crib we can turn around and get it." He tells me as I shook my head no. "Nah." I say leaving Meech right there. "James hold on wait." He whispers loudly not wanting me to go over there without a gun.

I walk up on him as he looks at me with shock as I punch him dead in his jaw. My anger from earlier unleashing as Meech was watching. "Bro! You tripping too many people out here." He tells me as Carl falls on the ground as I let off my anger punching and stomping him in his shit. "HEY! HEY!" A officer yells out as he hops out the car and started to sprint towards me. I look at the boy as he was bloody in his face.

"Tried to kill my best friend nigga?" I say as I kept on punching him as I started to bash his head into the concrete. "Bitch ass Nigga." I kept bashing his head into the pavement as the ground started to stain red from the blood he was leaking. Again. Again. Again. Would've thought we was playing mortal kombat real life the way I was trying to smash his head in.

Everybody had they phones out recording, all the Ogs laughing and cheering at me trying to kill this kid.

All these grown ass man happy to see kids killing each other.

Shaking my fucking head... while I'm still bashing his in.

I finally snap out of it.

"COME ON G!" Meech screamed at me as he took off sprinting down the street. I took off with him finally snapping out of my rage. For a big guy damn he fast, I couldn't catch up as the cop was getting close to me. He stops running as he was about to wait for me as I signaled him to keep running. I didn't want my boy to get caught over some shit I did. Meech was gone in the distant as the cop wasn't worried about him, only me.

I knew I could out run him I knew a short cut. The cop gets near me as I take off fast as he's behind me still chasing me. I hit the corner as he's still on my ass trying to grab me. I'm starting to get tired as he was gaining on me. I beat that boy bad too. Can almost see his brains in the back of his head. He wasn't even moving either. He wasn't fighting back actually.

Oh God I think I killed Carl.

And if I did I'm going to be locked up for murder just like my old man.

I'm out of breath now and the police officer is literally behind me breathing on my neck. He was about to tackle me as someone tackled him down.

Meech had came back for me and he knocked out the cop. "Oh shit." I say as he grabs me by my arm and takes off running as I do too. "Can't be stopping, once he wake up the whole Pd gone be on our ass." He tells me as I we hit a corner.

I see my cousin Jay as he's in his convertible trying to get some shorty number. He was a brown skin dude with waves, a cocky brotha too.

My uncles oldest son, but he's nothing like my uncle at all. This was Coco's brother.

I keep running as he doesn't see me as we jump into the car. "STOP!" The officer catches up as my cousin looks at me confused before speeding off. He was always reliable for getting away. If you was in a situation you can trust on Jay to get you out of there fast. Dude was a good driver.

We all had our own traits.

I was the brute who punched and beat up people, maybe shoot at some niggas every now and then.

Jay was the driver when it was time to ride, but was always trying to get some pussy. Shit him and Tre would be the bestest of friends.

Coco was the one with the connections. The plug, the intel man, the lookout guy all of that. But he was the actual killer out of all of us, because he actually killed somebody.

And Meech was the brother I never had with damn near all of our traits. Except the shooting and killing, he'll only want to kill you if you try to kill him or his.

That's what made us family. We had each others backs.

I start laughing hard as he's looking at me like I'm crazy. "Bro you tripping." He tells me as I shrug before leaning the seat back relaxing. We had got away from the police and I knew he wasn't catching up to us. "Was gud Jay."
Meech says in the back seat. "Wassup man, ya muthafucks always in sum shit. Needa sit ya ass down and get sum pussy." He tells us as we both look at him as he looks at us in all seriousness.

"Nigga that's all we get." Me and Meech both say synchronized as we start cracking up.

Once we stopped laughing Jay turned the radio on as we drove in silence.

I couldn't help but think about Nina.

I'm sorry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

452 11 46
Love. Love is such a strong word. Love is something you feel for someone you truly care about. Right? So is love ever possible to feel for someone th...
299K 9K 33
CRINGE WARNING! First book I ever wrote on here!! -- "Sometimes the person who you are willing to take a bullet for is the person behind the gun." I...
220K 7.6K 41
I fell in love with this man The man I have thought would love me through and through. The thought of him seeing me as woman had possessed me to d...
84.3K 1.4K 44
*More of a romance and less of a Mafia Novel.* ❝Everything I touch just turns to Ash❞ ❝If so than I'll gladly burn for you❞ _________________________...