|| Change Of Heart || AU ||

By MintsThoughts3

"So, we live with you now? Great..." Brick rolled his eyes, before looking up to glare at Frost once more. ... More

- • Prologue • -
- • Chapter 1: Foster Homes • -
- • Chapter 2: Reunited • -
- • Chapter 3: Bonding • -
Story Short (Christmas Edition!): Christmas As A Family
- • Chapter 4: Kindergarten • -
¡Update + Active Socials!

- • Story Short (Halloween Edition!): Trick-Or-Treat! • -

206 7 1
By MintsThoughts3

Story Shorts: Halloween Edition!

• Trick Or Treat! •

_________________________

October 31st, 5:22 PM

"Are you boys ready yet?" Frost called, as he heard the slight pitter pattering descending down the stairs. 3 boys arrived at the bottom of the staircase in skeleton onesies.

"Oh! You boys look terrifyingly awesome!" Frost complimented, holding 3 trick-or-treat baskets.

"I know, right?" Butch said cockily, showing off his outfit once again.

"What're we doing again?" Boomer asked, having almost forgotten the conversation they had before they left to change.

"We're going Trick-Or-Treating, duh!" Brick said excitedly.

"Wow Brick, you actually seem excited about something for once. It's scary!" Butch said, looking at his sibling.

"Halloween and Trick-Or-Treating are the ONLY things worth my excitement!" Brick said proudly.

"What's Trick-Or-Treating again?" Boomer said, still not remembering.

"Boomer, you have the memory of an egg. Trick-Or-Treating is when we go out and get free candy! It's literally the best event of the year! And we FINALLY get to do it!" Brick said, actually showing enthusiasm and pure joy. Frost giggled at the slight banter happening between the 3 brothers.

"Here are your candy bags!" Frost said, offering the 3 pumpkin baskets to the boys. They took one each.

"Now, remember-" Frost began, before Brick cut him off.

"Yeah, Yeah, we know. Don't get into peoples vans, no matter what they're offering, stay on the sidewalk and Only eat a few pieces of candy before we get home." Brick finished for Frost, smiling.

"Promise?" Frost said, holding his hand out to the boys.

"Fine, Promise we'll follow the rules." Brick said, placing his hand on Frost's, his brothers placing theirs on top.

"Promise." The blue and green boy said, as they raised their hands up into the air after.

"Oh! I almost forgot!" Frost said, taking a black face-paint pencil from his pocket. Brick flew up to Frost and said,

"Me first!" excitedly, holding his hand up. Frost smiled, enjoying his foster son's enthusiasm. He took the lid off the pencil and drew two lines from the corners of his mouth half-way across his cheeks, and added small lines throughout them to look like stitches. (Like Jack Skellington's mouth)!

"Done!" Frost said, as Brick quickly zoomed to the mirror and back, standing next to his brothers proudly. His brothers looked at his face in awe.

"I wanna do that!" Boomer said, flying up to Frost.

"Me too!" Butch added, looking up.

"Copy cats.." Brick muttered under his breath, as Frost copied the same design onto Boomer and Butch's faces.

"Look at it this way, they thought your idea was so cool that they wanted to do it too! Now, you best get going!" Frost said, as he walked over to the front door along with the 3 small children.

"It's best you get going now, remember to be back by 8:00 at the latest!" Frost exclaimed, opening the front door. He walked in front of the boys as they walked out, the boys being curious to what he was doing.

"Say 'boo!'" Frost smiled, getting his camera out.

"BOO!" The 3 boys said, synchronized. Frost took a picture while smiling.

"Okay, Okay, we're actually going now. Bye Dad!" Brick said, as if he were in a rush. So much so that he hadn't noticed what he called Frost. He took his brothers by their arms and flew off to the next house. Frost realized what Brick had actually said, and smiled.

_________________________

His brothers stood next to him, shocked.

"Why're you dummies lookin' at me like that?" Brick asked, looking at his siblings.

"You.. Called Frost 'Dad!'" Butch explained.

"Which is weird because you never called Mojo or HIM 'Dad', you never even did it by mistake!" Boomer continued. Brick, now realizing what he had said, put his hands over his face.

"Drop it, we're here to Trick-Or-Treat, not chit-chat!" Brick said quickly, changing the subject as he walked over to the door. Butch sighed and walked next to Brick, as Boomer quickily joined.

"Ready?" Brick smirked, as his brothers nodded. Brick rang the doorbell.

"Trick-Or-Treat!" The 3 young children shouted, as an adult answered the door.

"You're the first Trick-Or-Treaters I've gotten tonight! Here!" The person said, giving the boys 2 pieces of candy each.

"Have a good night!" The person said, before closing their front door. The boys looked into their baskets, with the 2 pieces of candy.

"This. Is. AWESOME!" Brick whisper-yelled, heading over to the next house quickly.

_________________________

6:42 PM

_________________________

"This is so rad! Look at all the candy we have!" Boomer shouted excitedly, looking down into his basket filled with candy.

"Yeah! You were right Brick, this is the best event of the year! No wonder you always threw a tantrum when Mojo and HIM would say no!" Butch exclaimed excitedly as they continued to walk to the next house.

"1, I'm always right, 2, never speak of those incidents ever again!" Brick exclaimed as they arrived at their next house. They walked up to the door while laughing. They rang the doorbell, as someone answered a minute later.

"Trick Or Treat!" The boys said, as a teen answered the door. The teen rolled their eyes.

"Ugh, go away little twerps! This is a party for teenagers, not little babies like you!" The teenager said before slamming the door shut.

"Twerps?!" Butch snapped angrily.

"Babies?!" Boomer shouted angrily. Brick's face switched to fury in an instant. Brick pulled a few rolls of toilet paper out of seemingly nowhere.

"Take these." Brick said quickly, giving his brothers toilet paper.

"What are we meant to do with these?" Boomer asked, confused.

"Another part of Trick-Or-Treating is the 'Trick' part.. No treat means all tricks!" Brick snickered with a mischievous grin. Butch catching on, grinning with him.

"I still don't get it." Boomer said, looking at his brothers.

"We're gonna put toilet paper all over their house." Brick said blankly.

"Ooh!" Boomer said, finally catching on.

"Let's get started, shall we?" Brick said mischievously.

_________________________

6 rolls of toilet paper later..

_________________________

"I hope they like their new exterior design!" Brick joked, laughing with his brothers.

"Yeah! That'll teach 'em!" Butch laughed.

"Yeah!" Boomer added.

"C'mon, let's go get more candy!" Brick said as he ushered his siblings to the next house.

_________________________

After a few more houses.. 7:00 PM

_________________________

The boys arrived at a house that was definitely one they had seen before, yet it'd appear they couldn't quite put their finger on it. (Literally, because they don't have fingers.)

"Is it me or does this house seem familiar?" Butch asked looking at his brothers for answers.

"Yeah duh! This is the one and only, 'Home of the Powerpuff Girls'." Brick explained, as they continued to walk over to the house. The 3 boys arrived at the front door, knocking on the door. A tall man in a lab coat answered the door.

"Trick-Or-Treat!" The 3 boys said, holding up their candy baskets. Not questioning the fact that it was the house of their former worst enemies.

"Oh, hello! It's nice to see you boys again. Here, some candy. Oh! And don't forget the toothbrushes and toothpaste! Remember to have a Happy Halloween!" Professor Untonium said to the young boys, who obviously weren't interested in the tooth care items.

"Uhm, thanks?.." Brick said, still confused by the man's actions.

"You're welcome, have a good night." The Professor said as he closed the door. The Rowdyruffs left, throwing the toothbrushes and toothpaste away.

_________________________

Over with Frost..

_________________________

Frost continued to watch a horror movie while waiting for more Trick-Or-Treaters to come by.

Knock Knock Knock! Frost heard, he paused the movie and went to answer the door. He opened the door, and saw 3 recognizable children.

"Trick Or Treat!" Said Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup.

"Oh! Hello girls, it's good to see you again! I love your costumes!" Frost said cheerfully.

"Oh, Hi Frost! We didn't know this was your house." Blossom said.

"I like your decorations!" Bubbles said.

"Where are the Rowdyruff boys?" Buttercup asked, trying to peek inside.

"Thank you Bubbles, and The boys are out Trick-Or-Treating!" Frost replied.

"And you aren't with them? I don't mean to sound accusatory but, how do you know they aren't out causing trouble?" Blossom asked, honestly not attempting to accuse the Ruffs.

"I'm trusting the Boys to be good tonight, plus, they're haven't been any destruction tonight." Frost explained.

"I guess that makes sense." Blossom answered.

"Now then, here's your candy!" Frost said, giving the girls 1 full-sized candy bar each. (Yes, Frost is that house.)

"Thank you!" The Powerpuff girls said, before waving and leaving to the next house while Frost closed the door.

_________________________

The ruffs continued to Trick-Or-Treat, yet they hadn't kept an eye on the time.. 8:27 PM

_________________________

The blue man flew around, looking for 3 peculiar boys dressed in skeleton onesies. He flew around, paying attention to young kids in groups of 3. After flying around for a bit, his worry began to worsen. Until, he heard the 3 familiar voices. He turned around to track where the sound was coming from. Low and behold, there they were, his 3 foster kids. He instantly flew down and stood behind them.

"Ahem." Frost said, with an upset tone of voice. The boys turned around, still unknowing of the current time.

"Frost? What are you doing here?" Brick asked, confused, as his brothers also looked at their foster parent.

"Boys, you were supposed to be home almost 30 minutes ago!" Frost explained, bringing his phone out of his pocket and showing them the time.

"Oops.." They said in synchronization.

"Sorry Frost.." Brick said sadly. Frost took note of the red boy's expression and words.

"It's alright, just make sure to keep track of the time next year!" Frost explained forgivingly.

"Next year?!" Brick asked happily.

"Yeah, of course! Now, let's go home! I think we've been out long enough." Frost answered, now hovering.

"Okay!" The boys replied, now hovering as well. Frost zoomed off, leaving a blue streak behind him, as 3 other streaks of red, blue and green followed closely after.

_________________________

Happy Halloween everyone! Hope you enjoy this Halloween Story-Short! This is the Ruffs' First (proper) Halloween! (+With Frost!).

(P.S - If you were confused as to why Brick was sad, it's because he thought he wouldn't be able to go Trick-Or-Treating next year!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.8K 545 40
Falling in love is not easy at all. Mostly if it involves impossibles measures to be together. This is the history of Blossom Utonium, leader of the...
16.2K 300 14
The original story was called "Animals" on my old account. As promised, I'm rewriting it. The plot is different than what my 11 year old mind came up...
110 18 7
~UNEDITED~ ~ONE OF MY VERY FIRST BOOKS~ ~Draft 1~ Hope you enjoy~! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ This story was inspired by my little fascination...
30.5K 618 23
As the Kalos gang continue to travel around the region, one little change of mind would trigger several emotional thoughts and revelations, and cause...