Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Bee...

By DeadMC66

Wade Maitland is the son of Adam and Barbara Maitland. Adoptive son. When his parents die, he is left alone i... More

The Deetz
Afterlife Offices
Seeing them Again
Betelgeuse
Exorcism
It's Show Time

The Maitlands

1.3K 41 5
By DeadMC66

The Camera opens with the Title of the movie.

The camera then changes to the air view of the town as it slowly moved across the town before it stopped at a big house in the hill. It was all fine until a spider crawled into the roof. A hand was placed under it as it was revealed that the camera was looking at a model of the town made my Adam.

Adam:<looking at the spider> oh, that's a big fella. Whoa!

Adam walks to the window and throws the spider out as he returned to his model. Barbara arrived happily.

Barbara: looks great.

Adam: thank you.

Barbara:<gives him a small present> happy vacation, honey.

Adam: ooh.<grabs it and opens it> Manchurian tung oil. Where did you get this?

Barbara: Helen got it for me in Oslo.

Adam: <puts his arm on the support beam> well, there's enough here to do the whole table and the bureau. <pulls down a gift>

Barbara: aah. Hmm. I wonder what this could be. <opens it> oh, honey, you got it. Thank you.<hugs him>

Adam: enough there to do the entire guest room.

Barbara: I'm so glad we're spending our vacation at home with Wade. I'm gonna get started right away.

Adam: hey, where are you going?<pulls her to a couch>

They started kissing until the telephone was ringing.

Barbara: I'll get it.

Adam: be my guest.

Barbara: I'll just get the... <gets pulled back> maybe you should get it.

Adam: I'll go.

Barbara: okay. No! <pulls him back>

They kissed until a knock was heard on the attic door.

Wade: is this a bad time?

Barbara: no, sweetheart, it isn't.

Adam: what you need champ?

Wade:<comes in holding a canvas> I came here to give you this.

Wade reveals that it was a portrait of Adam and Barbara in their wedding clothes and it looks like it was taken by a picture but it was entirely painted by hand.

Adam: wow! You painted this!

Wade: I did.

Barbara: oh honey, it's beautiful.

Wade: it's for you both. I spent 3 days doing it.

Adam: then we'll put it somewhere where everyone can see it.

They heard car honks.

Barbara: oh, no.

Wade: <looks out the window> Jane.

Adam: it's your turn, honey.

They all go down as Wade heads to the restroom to wash off some paint in his hands.

Adam: good luck.

Barbara: thanks.

Adam went to the basement as Barbara went to the kitchen door, pull the door curtain to see Jane and open the door.

Jane: hi, Barbara.

Barbara: hi.

Jane: I'm glad I caught you. Heard you were on vacation.

Barbara: that's right, Jane. Complete vacation.

Jane: honey, today I'm $260,000-

Barbara: no, Jane. It's 6:45 in the morning.

Jane: this offer is real. From a man in New York City who only saw a photograph.

Barbara: Jane, don't send people photos of our house.

Jane: he wants to bring the wife and family up here for some peace and quiet.

Barbara: that's exactly what we're looking for.

Jane: but, Barbara, this house is too big for you. It really ought to be for a couple with a family, you know? Oh, pumpkin, I didn't mean anything.

Barbara: I'm sure you didn't. But that's why we adopted Wade, to have a family.

Jane: it's just that, really this house is too big.

Barbara: Jane, I'll see you in a few weeks. Okay? Alright. <closes the door on her and covers the window>

Basement

Adam put some music on his tape player. He grabbed a piece of something as he needed sunlight but he opened the basement window to see Jane there.

Jane: I was just telling Barbara about this offer on the house-

Adam: no, Jane.

Jane: Adam!

Adam shuts the window as he saw he needed a few stuff so he turned off the music.

Adam: Barbara, come with me down to the store.

Barbara: what for?

Adam: I need a new brush for this tung oil. And I want to get a part for the model.

Barbara: well, you just run in, okay? Wade, honey! Your dad and I will be back in a few minutes!

Wade: okay!

Adam and Barbara got out of the house and into their car and drove into town.

Adam: two weeks at home with Wade. The perfect vacation.

Barbara: Jane says we should sell the house to someone with a bigger family.

Adam: well, I don't think that it's any of Jane's business and we are a family with Wade. Besides, we could try on this vacation to give Wade a sibling, you know. <kisses her neck>

Barbara: oh, really? What are you saying?

They drove past the bridge and on their way to the shop, said hi to some people.

Adam: how're you doing, Ernie?

Ernie: hi, how are ya?

They stopped in front of their Hardware store.

Bill: morning, Adam. You need a-a haircut before your vacation?

Adam: no, thanks, Bill. Wade will come over later.

Bill: how's the model coming?

Adam: oh, it's great.<walks into the store>

Bill; you know, you said Bozeman built that foundation in 1835. But his-his grandson-

Adam grabbed a brush, some new pieces for the model, and some other stuff.

Bill; he got hair right down to his goddamn shoulders. He says to me, "just-just trim it a little." I took the scissors to him-

Adam; see you later, huh, Bill? <gets in the car>

Bill: alright.

They started driving back home as a dog was walking to the bridge.

Barbara: this is gonna be great.

Adam: are you sure you wouldn't rather go to Jamaica or someplace like that?

Barbara: no way. There's no place like-

Adam: hey, look out for that!

The dog got on the way as Barbara turned really hard to avoid it as the car crashed into the side of the bridge tipping a little too dangerously the only thing saving them was a board where the dog was standing on. The dog got off the board and the car fell into the River as the dog looked over the edge and barked.

Later

Adam and Barbara arrived home soaking wet.

Barbara: perfect start to our vacation.

Adam: well, you'll feel better when you're dry, honey.

Barbara: Wade? We're home!

Adam: he must be taking a nap.

Barbara: that fire wasn't burning when we left.

Adam: how's your arm?

Barbara: I don't know. It feels frozen.

They both sat in front of the fire and held their hands to get some warmth, the fire combust a little as Adam picked up Barbara's hand to see her finger's burning as she blew out the fire but the weird thing is that it didn't hurt her.

Barbara: come on, I'll make some coffee and you get some wood for the fire.

Adam: m-maybe we should just take things extra slow. Do you remember how we got back up here? I'm gonna go back down to the bridge and retrace our steps. Maybe even find Wade.

Adam stepped off his porch only to find himself in some weird desert place. He heard some growling as something was heading for him but then Barbara grabbed him back as it was now night time and it was sunset when he left.

Adam; oh, you saved my-

Barbara: two hours.

Adam: oh, Barbara, you are not gonna believe... what?

Barbara; that's how long you were gone! <drags him to the living room>

Adam: what is going on?

Barbara: I have to show you something.

They stood in front of a mirror as Adam didn't get it as Barbara then grabbed a horse figurine and moved it to show that they didn't have reflections.

Barbara:<sighs> there's that. And there's that. <points to a book>

Adam:<grabs it> "Handbook for the Recently Deceased."

Barbara: deceased.

Adam: "Deceased."

Barbara: I don't know where it came from. Look at the publisher.

Adam:<opens it> "Handbook for the Recently Deceased Press."

Barbara: you know what? I don't think we survived the crash.

Adam: Wade...

Barbara: no!

They heard the door open as Wade came in, they noticed he had tears on his eyes as he punched the wall but kept on crying as he sat on the stairs.

Adam and Barbara walked over as Barbara took his hands into hers and Adam placed a hand on his shoulder. Wade looked up to stare at Barbara's eyes but he couldn't see them.

Wade: why you had to leave?

Wade cried more as he went to his room leaving his parents to also have tears. They went to their bedroom and Adam was reading the handbook while Barbara paced. She really wanted to comfort Wade but couldn't.

Barbara: I hate this. I hate not being able to comfort Wade. Just, can you give me the basics?

Adam: well, this book isn't arranged that way. W-what do you wanna know?

Barbara: well, why did you disappear when you stepped off the porch? Are we halfway to Heaven, halfway to Hell? And... how long is this gonna last?

Adam; well, I don't see anything about Heaven or hell. Th-this book reads like stereo instructions. Listen to this, "Geographical and Temporal Perimeters. Functional perimeters vary from manifestation to manifestation." Oh, this is gonna take some time, honey.

Barbara groans and falls on the bed. Wade was still depressed in his room but the three of them didn't know someone took an interest in them. Deep below underground.

???: damn Sandworms. Thirteen percent, huh? Well, I better find a job. Let's see. Business section. <opens the newspaper> oh. Ooh-la-la. What do we got here? The Maitlands, huh? <chuckles> left their son alone. Cute couple. Look nice and stupid too. <laughs>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.3K 2.5K 29
Y/n is a close friend of Lydia Deetz. After witnessing Lydia's slow decline of morale they decide to go visit her while both Charles and Delia are aw...
3.5K 65 19
AU where instead of dying, Adam and Barbara just get seriously injured from their fall through the floor. They get new neighbours a month after their...
13.7K 331 14
BASED ON THE BEETLEJUICE MOVIE!! ⚠️ SO SPOILERS FOR THAT!!!⚠️ Y/n Maitland, she is a shy, 15 year old girl, and her parents have deceased. She has no...
143 3 11
The ghost-with-the-most is coming to life on stage in this original musical based on Tim Burton's wonderfully demented film of the same name. Written...