This Is Love

By CharlieWhoWrites

Love is a beautiful thing. It takes commitment for it work. Alicia and Harrison are newly weds and building a... More

1. Look Of Love
2. First Date
4. A Familiar Face
5. How Could You
6. Memories and Heartbreak
7. Point Break
8. Hold On
9. Redemption
10. The Intruder
11. Storm Brewing
12. Eye Of The Storm
13. Celebrations are Plenty
14. Epilogue

3. What's That About?

1.2K 23 2
By CharlieWhoWrites

POV: Alicia

We walk the black carpet, pose for photos.
We walk into the hall and it looks breathtaking.
The table runners were black linen, centerpieces had white roses, black and gold cutlery, candles and fairy lights above. The room looked romantic and elegant.

"Are you ready for your speech?" I ask him.

"Ready as can be." He answers and shifts uncomfortably in his chair making me laugh a little.
He speaks very well but I know public speaking is not his favourite thing to do. Especially when the cause hits close to home.

Speaker after speaker took the stage before the MC began the charity auction. There was a designer dress, a few paintings, an island getaway and a ski weekend which Harrison bought for $30000. He looks at me with a wink and I smile back. God bless this man's heart.

Finally, Harrison takes the stage, squeezing my hand before he stands.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it is wonderful to have you all here tonight supporting such a worthy cause that is near and dear to me. Together we get to give a lot of people a leg up in life and I know it means a lot to them. I know this I was on the receiving end of organizations like this and today I am proud to be among the donors. I want to encourage us that we never let generosity be a stranger to our lives.
Thank you for your generosity tonight. Enjoy the rest of your evening. Eat, drink and be merry."

He leaves the stage to applause and shakes a few hands before sitting down and gulping down my champagne. I laugh and jokingly slap his thigh.

"I needed it." He shrugs.

Dinner arrives and it's delicious. I had a baked, stuffed salmon and for dessert I could not pass up the petite carrot cake. I definitely went for seconds and Harrison couldn't resist laughing. He knows I'm not shy around good food.

After dinner the MC announces that the dance floor is open. The dance floor was lively with everyone having fun and dancing.

I am dancing with my husband and he seems relaxed. He has seemed a little stressed the last couple of days but he said he was fine. I didn't want to push him, he knows I'm here when he is ready to talk.

"I'm proud of you." I say to him and he smiles shyly. He's very successful and still kept his integrity and character plus he never forgets to lend a helping hand.

"I love you." He says and kisses my forehead.

I grab Monica's hand and we head to the bathroom. Thankfully it was not full.
While washing our hands a pregnant woman steps out of the stall and joins us.

"Alicia Rogers right?" She says looking at me in the mirror.

"Yes I am." I respond turning to face her.

"I was at your book launch. Loved your book."

"Oh thank you so much. And congratulations, you must be excited." I say with a smile looking at her growing baby bump.

"Thank you. I wish the father was matching my excitement." She says rubbing her bump, "but he'll come around after tonight...hopefully. Anyway enjoy your evening ladies." She says with a big smile and creepy wink. With that she walks out to join the party.

"What was that about?" I ask Monica as we walk out of the bathroom.

"Beats me, and that wink?" We chuckle.
As we approach the party, we bump into Harrison who looks like he's seen a ghost.

"Hey honey. Are you okay?" I ask him.

"Yeah," then he kisses my hand then soft peck on the lips and smiles but it doesn't reach his eyes. Something happened I just don't know what. We go back and continue dancing and laughing.

The party continues well into the night. Champagne is flowing and the dance moves are getting hilarious. Harrison says he will be back and walks away.
Out of the corner of my eye I catch a glimpse of him talking with the woman from the bathroom. I watch as their conversation seems to get more tense by the second. I am about to make my way over there when Monica stops me.

"Don't do that. Let it play out. Don't you trust your man to handle himself?" She asked.

"I do, but they're clearly arguing."

"And what will you do when you get there? Argue with them?" She asks.

I know she's right. What am I going to do when I get there? Add to the argument?

I turn to look at them but they separated and Harrison picked up a glass from the passing waiter and downed it.

I ignore Monica and start walking towards him when suddenly his best friend Mark walks to him and they disappear into the crowd. I turn my head to look at the woman Harrison was arguing with and she waved and winked at me before turning and walking out the door. Something is definitely not right. Harrison is arguing with a random woman and said random woman has winked at me twice in one evening. I walk back to Monica and grab a glass of champagne.

"See?" She shrugs and pulls me to keep dancing.

By the end of the party I am almost drunk and I throw my arms around Harrison's neck when he reappears and I kiss him.

"Where have you been?" I ask him.

"Watching you. Shall we go home?" He asks. I nod and we walk outside to the car where Tom is waiting.
I fell asleep on the ride home.

POV: Harrison

My heart nearly stopped when I saw a pregnant Leslie walk out of the bathroom followed shortly by my wife. She winked at me before walking away. I wanted to follow her but my wife and her best friend Monica walked out straight after.

She stops and asks if I am okay and I say yes with a smile. I know she can see through my lie but she doesn't push. We go back to join the party.

The party was still energetic but I stopped feeling it. I spot Leslie again and quickly make my way to her.

"Rogers, fancy seeing you here."

"What are you playing at Leslie?"

"Whatever are you talking about?" She says with an amused look.

"I don't have time for this." I see my wife looking at us and I know she is asking herself what is going on.

"Stay away from my wife." I warn her.

She smiles wickedly and turns around to leave. I grab a glass of whisky from the passing waiter and down it.
Mark appears by my side and pulls me into the crowd and out to the balcony.

"What is wrong with you man? What are you doing arguing with an ex while your wife is right there watching you?" He asks almost frustrated with me.

"I think she's playing at something. First it's the book launch and now this." I point towards the ongoing party. "And she's pregnant Mark." I say.

"She's what now?" He asks in disbelief.

I just nod wishing there was another whisky close by.

"Geez man," he says running his hand through hair, "the last time time we saw her was your bachelor party. Did you two..."

"Fuck no man," I let out a deep breath, "I don't know, maybe. That night is a blur man, I don't remember half the shit that went down. It was a chaotic night." I shrug.

"What do you mean you don't remember? That's a fucking important detail for you not to remember."

"You think I don't know that?! Fuck man! Alicia is going freak out. She's going to leave me man." I say and my heart feels like it wants jump out of my chest. I start hyperventilating and sink to the floor.

Mark kneels in front of me.

"Harrison breathe. Slowly in and out." He says and I start to calm down.

"Come on Harrison, she's not leaving. She won't do that." He says.

"How do you know that for sure?" I ask him.

"Look, Alicia's a good woman and committed to your marriage. She's not going to leave you based on the word of Leslie, but you need to come clean to her before Leslie tells her." Mark says.

"And say what? 'Hey babe, I may or may not have slept with my ex at the bachelor party and she may or may not be pregnant with my child'. That's insane Mark and it guarantees that she will leave me if I say that nonsense."

"Okay maybe don't say it like that."

"I'm going to wait it out. I first need to find out what happened that night." I shrug.

"I'll help you find out, but I still suggest telling your wife and soon."

I walk back into the party to find Alicia. She's happily dancing and when she sees me, she throws her arms around my neck and kisses me. I notice she may be a bit drunk. I chuckle.

"Where have you been?" She asks.

"Watching you. Shall we go home?" I ask her and she nods. I say goodbye to Monica and walk out with my girl on my arm.
Once we're in the car and moving, she doses off.
I looked at her wondering what will happen to us if Leslie becomes a factor. I can't lose her, especially not because of Leslie.
I take a deep breath and lean back in my seat.

It's my fault really that Leslie is even a factor. I need to find out what happened. There's an imminent threat to my marriage and I need to stop it.

I carry her into the house. I help her take off her makeup and get dressed for bed. She had a goofy smile on her face the entire time sometimes dosing off in my arms. My beautiful wife. I give her water to drink to avoid a hangover. I am not ready for a hungover Alicia, she's not fun and she hates it even more.

I lay in bed with Alicia asleep in my arms. I think back to the day I proposed. I was nervous about the day coming out perfect but I was not worried about her saying yes.

~Flashback~

The day started with a spa date for her and Monica. I asked Monica to take her out and the two of them can get pampered.

I laughed one time when Monica told me that when I propose I need to make sure Alicia's nails are done and she looks good.

I planned a romantic dinner at Giorgio's wherever had our first date. Giorgio was kind enough to let me have the restaurant for the night.

We had been dating for about 7 months and I knew since our first date that she was the one for me. I didn't want to waste any time before making her my wife and Mrs Rogers.

I picked her up from her house for our date and she looked gorgeous. I couldn't take my eyes off her. Excitement and nerves were bundled together in me.

"You look beautiful." I said kissing her lips softly.

"Thank you. You look handsome." She smiled.

We took the helicopter to Giorgio's. As we walked into the restaurant her jaw dropped open. I also couldn't believe how amazing it turned out.

"Oh my gosh Harrison. This is beautiful." She said as she walked inside.

I took her hand and she turned around to face me.
"Ever since I met you my life has been better. You immediately had my heart. I have fallen deep in love with you.
Everyday I look forward to seeing you and being with you. I can't imagine life without you by my side.
I know life will throw challenges at us, but together we can overcome anything. I love you Alicia. I want to spend the rest of my life with you." I got down on one knee.

"Would you do me the honor of being my wife. Will you marry me?" I ask and open the little black velvet box holding a 4ct emerald cut diamond halo ring.

"Yes, yes I will marry you." She said with tears. I put the ring on her finger and kissed her a soft jazz played in the background.

~Present~

Here I am today and our love is about to face a challenge I didn't expect to rise up. Leslie is my past but the past is slowly rearing its ugly head into my future.

She stirs in her sleep and I keep still but it's too late. Her eyes flutter open.

"Why are you awake?" She asks sleepily.

"Couldn't sleep." I say.

"Come here." She shifts and pulls me in and I lay my head on her chest. She kissed my head and rubbed my back until we both fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

395K 12.6K 40
Ezra Michael Olyphant a ruthless Billionaire who have a bad habit of getting everything he wants. Also He does not tolerate if someone talks back to...
901 152 24
Fate is such a thing, that brings known people together. 24 years old Kaira, is a beautiful girl. The daughter of the most powerful businessman in Ca...
346 7 8
"I don't fucking care about what you think. You understand me? You were mine before and you're mine now, Angel." His thrusts became brutal as I strug...
8.1K 710 65
Jacob is a 25-year-old, rich, hard-headed young billionaire who has started his career very young. Right after his graduation! No time to cool off! M...