Solipsism

By bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

SOLIPSISM - the belief that everything around you was created by your mind. Brody and Sam are both young with... More

Introduction
1- She is the violence
2- Start a fire
3- Those who can't
4- Fuckin burden
5 - CHAOS
6 - Watch this
7 - You didn't kill him
8- He had no right
10 - The guilt
11 - Always connected
12 - Dead or alive
13 - Irresistible
14 - Is that B
15 - she didn't mean that
16 - You left me
17 - One day
18 - Dont touch him!

9 - We are family

1.5K 26 2
By bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

SAM TAHEY

Warm droplets hold, the cloth of the shirt, to my skin. A warm breeze passes over my neck from her soft breaths, a light weight pressing me down into the sofa as her body fits perfectly in my arms. Silent, except from the small inhales and exhales, as she sleeps on my chest.

It hurt seeing her breakdown in the car as we drove away from the rink. I wanted to tell her that everything in that article was lies, that she was perfect and strong and brave. I couldn't though, I was angry. Angry at her parents for ever laying a hand on her, angry at the writer for being malicious in his article, and most of all angry at Callum for betraying Brody's trust and the teams.

The whole team was angry at him, yes some may have shown sympathy for him, but none the less they were furious at the same time. When you join the team you sign the contract, the contract written by the team, containing rules made by the team. Anyone who breaks those rules, breaks the teams trust in them and loses all respect they have earn't.

Callum wasn't begging for forgiveness as we left, he was being selfish, begging to keep his status on the team. Now, he has no respect, no trust, and very little friends, his career is going to be a constant uphill battle if he stays with lightning now.

I read the article at the same time as Brody, not taking the time to look into the details like her. All I wanted was to take her away and keep he safe from the demons surrounding her in that moment. I watched as she looked through the article, as she saw the pictures of her broken body, as she realised Callum helped them do this. I watched as she taught a lesson to the young man she called a brother. All I did was watch.

I didn't know how to speak, how to feel, what to say. What can I say? Her secrets have been revealed to the world in the worst way, some secrets I'm sure she has never spoken of out loud.

Once we arrived home she was too weak to even walk to the door, let alone up the stairs. She let me pick her up, the bags forgotten in the car, as I held her to my chest with each step I took. When we got to the flat I sat on the sofa, her body clutching to mine as we lay there in silence, soon falling into a deep sleep to the sound of my heart underneath her head.

My eyes start to droop as I think over the events of the day. Waking up in a new home, walking out to see the angel from my dreams, practise, changing for video, the comfortable silence as we walked together, and then everything went into overload.

The article swims through my mind as my breath evens out. She was abused as a child, she has seen so much death, she has been hurt by so many, including herself. My mind drifts as it connects our trauma together.

She kept so many secrets, afraid of what her past could make her present. Her future is unknown, how will the world react to the article? Will it be good or bad? The piece on her past did nothing but show the trauma and the betrayal in her life. She wished for it to be different. Just like I wish for my secrets to be revealed differently. Not publicly, privately. In the comfort of friends, and only friends.

My fingers brush across my hip as memories of my own past haunt me. The hands that laid on my body, the pain of my muscles clenching and tearing, the tears that left my eyes partnered with the screams of my younger self.

My head drops, resting on hers, as I inhale sharply. The smell of her sweet perfume guiding me away from the painful memories. Thoughts of her filling the void, how beautiful she is as she smiles, the determination on her face as she prepares to dive or skates down the ice. My mind sifts through images of her as I start to fall into a deep sleep also.

Her fragile body resting in my arms, our breathing synchronised, fingers intertwined as I fall into a state of unconscious. My angel keeping me safe from the demons.

Light seeps through my eye lids as they slowly flutter open. My body cold as I lay on the soft cushions surrounding me. This isn't a bed, I've slept on enough sofas to know. I move my arms around remembering the woman who lay in my arms hours prior. I'm alone. My eyes shoot open as I look around in search for her.

My eyes catch sight of a post-it note on the kitchen counter. That wasn't there before. My body moves quickly as I get up, hoping it is a message from Brody regarding her whereabouts.

The paper crinkles between my fingers as I read the message left on it. 'Gone for a run, need to clear my head. Ill be back soon, Brody', I sigh in relief at the knowledge of her whereabouts, shes ok, just needs to clear her head.

I move back towards the sofa, grabbing my phone from between the pillows. I open it up wanting to text Sean and catch up over the events of today. But as I open my phone, floods of text messages come through from the team. I carefully read through the group chat of my close friends on the team.

'Look at the news', 'fucking hell', 'she's strong af', and loads more from all the boys containing the same shocked reactions. What are they on about? What's on the news?

I quickly grab the TV remote and turn on BBC News. Fucking hell. From the ways the boys were talking I was expecting the news to be criticising Brody due to the article. What I saw was the opposite.

The screen was full of live video of Brody running down the streets, a determined look on her face. She wears an oversized Lighting T-shirt and Nike pros. Sweat drips off her body as the camera follows her down the streets.

"If your just joining us now, we are watching live feed of the support of Brody Wills as she runs down the streets of Milton. Crowds of fans and supporters choosing to run with her"

Behind Brody is a large crowd of people; kids, adults, teenagers, all run a few meters behind her, letting her take the lead.

"A crowd member tells us they saw Wills running down the street, a pained look on her face as she went. People recognised her immediately and we all decided to run with her to show our support. She deserved none of the pain of her past and present and we all want her to know we will protect her"

I inhale sharply as I continue to watch, the video changing between Brody, the crowd, interviews with crowd members. People cheer her on from the roadside as she goes past. The support she is receiving from the public stuns me as I sit there mesmerised. She has so much power, so much support.

Yet every person in that crowd is someone unknown to her. She is in pain and she is running from it. My attention turns back to my phone as it vibrates with a new message.

'Get changed into running gear. We will help her through this.' Wallace.

A wave of replies come back all agreeing and getting ready to go. Sean messages telling us he's contacted Dom and Brian too to come as well. She needs all of us. No. We need her, we need to show her we are there for her and will guide her through her pain, as a team.

I rise from my seat, running to my room and changing as quick as possible. Wallace has told us all to join when we get there.

I make my way out the flat, sprinting down the stairs and down the street. My phone in hand telling me where she is. With the route shes taking now I will join her in less than two minutes.

I force my body to speed up wanting to be there before her. My legs burn as my speed builds, my lungs working overtime as my heart pounds against my chest.

I hear the news helicopter first as it follows her at the front. Sprinting at full pace to get to her and not stuck in the crowd. Pants exit my mouth as I push my body as hard as possible.

She doesn't need me to speak to her, she doesn't need a therapist. I could see it in her eyes on the news, she wont stop until shes satisfied. Her eyes told me that through the screen. She wants to run from all her troubles, to clear her mind of her past.

I'm going to run with her to remind her of the present. The future. Us, the team, her new family, her protectors.

I hear the crowd approaching to my right as I approach the junction. All the cars have stopped, obviously hearing on the radio of the events, as they wait for her to pass.

Turning at the junction Brody passes in-front of me, paying no mind to her surroundings as she runs. I turn quickly running at her side, a foot behind her, letting her take control of the pace and direction. She needs this control after everything else being taken from her.

Her head quickly turns as she hears my feet hitting the ground behind her. As our eyes connect, I see the emotions swirling through her eyes. Pain, determination, anger, everyone pushing her to run further, faster.

I nod to her in acknowledgement, silently telling her, 'I wont let you do this alone'. She returns the nod, her face flickering to a grateful look for a second, before she turns her head back to the road ahead.

The cheers of the crowd can be heard around us as the shouts encouragement and praise. They all admire her so much, even after one person decided to expose all her secrets which could destroy her.

Yet not one person shows hate. Only care and admiration. We continue on down the main streets of the city. Cars at a standstill around us as they let the crowds pass, a sign of respect for her. She has everyone, yet no one.

Over the next few minutes footsteps join my own behind her as the team and her diving buddies join us. Sean, Wallace, Chamberlain, Stewart, Dom, Brian, and more of the boys. All in formation behind her. Her protectors.

She makes no sign of acknowledgement towards them. But she knows they're there. She knows we are here for her no matter what.

We carry on for miles, more joining the crowd as vehicles follow, cheers of encouragement increasing in volume.

Brody's head has remained lowered as she ran, eyes focused on the ground ahead of her. A switch flicked in her, she raised her head, she looked around at the crowd, her had held high as she continued moving forward.

The crowd silenced with her sudden attitude change. From pain to strength. They admired her as she ran forwards. They admired her bravery, her strength, just her. They admire her.

A quiet chant echoed behind us, my teammates looking at each other in confusion. Looking back to Brody her head rises to the sky, her eyes closing in comfort of the chants behind her.

"Ooh... ooh... ooh, we'll never run", the crowd choruses around us, a powerful song leaving their lips as they sing as loud as they can to her. What is going on? The hairs on my arms raise as I get goosebumps from the power radiating from her as the crowd chants, something well known to her.

The crowd quiet for the next line, the sound vibrating though us. "Best to give her your loyalty, cause she's taking the world you see, you'll be calling her, calling thee, you'll be calling her royalty" the crowd starts quietly, almost murmuring the line as the song travels through the air in a hushed tone.

As they repeat the line the volume grows louder by the second. Everyone around her screaming the words to her in encouragement.

As the line finishes the crowd quietens, all eyes turning to Brody as she joins them. Screaming the words, her angelic voice shining through as it conveys so much power. The crowd waits, as if it was her line next and hers only.

Sweat runs down her temple, her hair swinging from side to side behind her, her face full of pride. She screams her line at the top of her lungs, the crowd silenced as she releases her pain.

"YOU'LL BE CALLING ME ROYALTY!" She looks to the crowd as she joins them in song. Her new and old friends directly behind her joining in.

This is support, this is a team, this is our new family.

A silent agreement is made between the Lightning boys present. We will protect her at all costs, no excuses. We are family.

A/N: sorry for the short chapter guys, ive been busy. More are coming soon i promise. If you get bored of waiting dont hesitate to message me to get the chapters out faster. Let me know what you think. Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 158 17
"I hate you." He spits. Breath heavy and eyes locked on to mine, he draws closer to me. My lips part in surprise, completely taken aback by the sudde...
5.1K 88 10
"Kat had something come up, so I tracked you here," Sam admitted. "I didn't know you were coming to a... I dunno, sex dungeon." Colby laughed at that...
4.4K 141 11
✎ | HOCKEY SPORT ROMANCE ----- 🏒 ----- Xander Meadows He didn't cate about other's looks on him or their opinion. He did whatever he wanted whenev...
10.5K 201 22
All Sophia ever wanted was for Ashton Maverick to notice her. But he was best friends with her older brother, Patrick, and a hockey star. There was n...