Rain On Me

بواسطة cupcakediamondx

He is the biggest star in the world . . everybody knows him. Michael loves his fans and he loves what he doe... المزيد

Part 1 ~ Rain On Me
Part 2 ~ Adorably Clumsy
Part 3 ~ Painfully Shy
Part 4 ~ Moonwalker for A Night?
Part 5 ~ Man in The Mirror
Part 6 ~ 10,000 Dollars?
Part 7 ~ A Sticky Situation
Part 8 ~ Loneliness
Part 9 ~ Dinner For Two?
Part 10 ~ Irresponsible?
Part 11 ~ Michael's Doctor's Appointment
Part 12 ~ Luana
Part 13 ~ Crossing The Line?
Part 14 ~ Dangerous Attraction
Part 15 ~ Tears & Blood
Part 16 ~ Rain It All On Me
Part 17 ~ Closer Than Close
Part 18 ~ Right or Wrong?
Part 19 ~ In Over My Head
Part 20 ~ Inevitable
Part 21 ~ Falling For Him?
Part 22 ~ Soft Touches
Part 23 ~ So Into You
Part 24 ~ Making Love?
Part 25 ~ The Price Of Fame
Part 26 - Overprotective?
Part 27 - Life in a Bubble
Part 28 ~ In Too Deep
Part 29 ~ Invading Michael's Privacy?
Part 30 ~ Human Nature
Part 31 ~ Breaking out
Part 32 ~ A Sweet Little Secret
Part 33 ~ A Kiss From The Past
Part 34 ~ This I promise you
Part 35 ~ Megan's Boss meets Michael
Part 36 ~ A Star is Born?
Part 38 ~ Megan confronts Bill

Part 37 ~ Fake Smiles

229 8 6
بواسطة cupcakediamondx

I make my way outside to the patio. I breathe in and try to calm down. The conversation with Bill is weighing heavy on my shoulders. I will not let him keep talking to me this way. I'm sure about Megan . . and there is nothing he can say or do that will change my mind.

"Michael" 

I turn around. Megan comes walking out to the patio. Bill follows right behind her. "Michael what's going on?" Bill puts his hand on her shoulder. "I don't think it's a great idea for you to be talking to Michael right now . . he's pretty upset"

I take in a deep breath before answering. "I am upset but definitely not with her!" I yell, hearing my voice break a little. Megan and Bill look at each other for a split second. I turn back around and focus on a tree that's right in front of me, reaching above my patio. "Michael, I understand that you're upset but let's face it - I care for you - I look after you"

I remain silent. A moment later I hear the patio door open and close, hoping it was him leaving. But unfortunately, it was Megan who left the patio. Bill takes a seat behind me. "I don't know what you're still doing here Bill, I'm visibly upset and I don't care for the things you're saying right now"

"I know that you're upset but there's one thing I need you to hear, despite your anger"

I remain silent.

"Megan may be a part of your life, as hard as it is for me to understand, but she's still a fan"

. . . . .

"She's my girlfriend for crying out loud! why do you keep doing this? She's my girlfriend, my GIRLFRIEND . . alright?! . . I am in love with her and we're a couple. She's not a fan, nor has she ever been a fan. I met her as my therapist and now we're a couple. It's as simply as that and if you keep doing this - I might have to let you go. I mean that"

"Michael, you say a lot of things lately that, to me at least, sound crazy. Take a deep breath, calm down and we can discuss this calmly without you having to make a hasty decision that you will regret later"

"I definitely won't regret my decision, Bill"

"You're upset, which I totally understand-"

"No, Bill, you don't understand anything! every word you've said so far today makes me not wanna talk to you ever again. I have a right to fire you and you know that!"

"I do know that but we both know this is not what you want to do . . look at me, Michael . . is this really want you want to do? over a girl? over a girl who will most likely ruin your whole career and . . your life?"

"LEAVE!"

"Michael-"

"No, I said LEAVE! NOW!"

~ Megan's point of view ~

I do not want to go back out there but looking at them, they're not having the most pleasant conversation and I want to know what's going on. Bill is driving me absolutely nuts. Michael storms inside, Bill following right behind him.

"Michael, let's discuss this-"

"NO! I just fired you. I will write you a check and mail it to you"

Bill looks at me. I look at him. Then he leaves without saying another word. Michael takes a seat, shaking a little. I slowly take a seat right next to him. "Are you ok? wanna talk to me"? He looks at  me, forcing a little smile. "I'm alright, don't you worry about a thing"

________________________________

It's been days since Michael and I saw each other last. We are in touch via video calls and texts but he's been really busy lately doing work and also finding a new bodyguard. Bill has been with Michael for such a long time, I can see how this is hard for him to do . . but it means so much to me that he's standing up for himself. Bill has no right to dictate Michael's life for him. 

Second father or not - he went too far.

My boss has also been trying to get back in touch with him - but frankly - I can barely get a hold of him. I will not keep torturing Michael by having him be puppet to my bosses weird plans. This famous life is definitely not for me. Holy shit. 

I've been keeping myself busy working and taking on more clients than I usually take on. To pass the time, really . . and to keep my mind off Michael. His life is busy and I need to make myself busy too - other wise we will not work together.

I still wish we could just throw everything we're doing right now aside, meet and cuddle on a couch or something. I miss him. It's been days.

I'm at starbucks with Ashley. We've been having a really funny conversation when, totally out of the blue, my phone rings and to my surprise - it's Michael. I give Ashley a look. She knows what's up without me having to tell her. I pick up:

"Hello?"

". . . is it me you're looking for?" Michael sings softly. I smile.

"It's definitely you I've been looking for" I answer, biting my bottom lip, blushing.

"I've been really busy lately, I apologize, Megan. I hope you're not upset. Things are calming down a little but there's still one thing to do . . umm . . my father has been refusing to find a new head of security but I think I found some I want to interview. Only thing is, I do not feel comfortable interviewing them without you by my side - are you free tonight?"

"I am free tonight and I find it utterly sweet that you think I could protect you . . I barely reach your chin with the top of my head - but when push comes to shove - I will protect you with my life"

Michael laughs. "I'm not asking you to protect me, gosh, you're adorable. I wouldn't ask that of you in a million years, it's more like to observe with me and help me decide on someone. I'll be fine. I have other people to protect me, it's just the head of security I need to replace - which is an important role and a hard role to replace, to be quite honest"

"It would be my honor to help you find a new head of security for you"

"I'll be looking forward to seeing you, sweetheart . . around 5pm?"

"I'll see you then, Michael"

~ Michael's point of view ~

Megan just arrived. I open the door for her. She comes walking up to me smiling from ear to ear. "Thank you for coming. I hope I did not disrupt your plans" She walks up to me, giving me a kiss on my shoulder. "I was actually hoping we'd see each other - so, no - you did not disrupt anything"

I take her in my arms and give her a kiss on the top of her head. 

"Are you really sure about replacing Bill?" she asks, looking up at me. I give her a smile. "Yes, I've been thinking long and hard and it's definitely the right thing to do"

"I just hope that you made this decision without me having an impact on it"

"Well-"

"Michael, this is really important to me, I do not want you to change up your whole life just to adapt to me. I need to adapt to you. But I'm still very proud of you for standing up. He has been gone way too far but it's still a very complicated situation - you've known him for a very long time.

"I know . . and it has been hard - I admit. But you are a huge part of my life now and I don't need him to tell me that you're not good for me. I know you are . . and . . I wish he could see that too"

"It means the world to me that you prioritize me so much . . it really means the world"

I put my hands on the sides of her face and pull her up to me for a kiss. Our lips meet and we share the most passionate, soft kiss. I can feel my heart jumping. We break the kiss and look at each other smiling. "You smell really good Michael, what is that?"

"It's called Bal A Versailles by Jean Desprez . . I really love it"

"I do too, gosh . . it's perfect on you"

An hour passes and the men to interview for the position for head of security are arriving. Two of my bodyguards walk them inside. "Michael, where do you want to have the meeting?" 

"Upstairs in my office, the one with the big window"

______________________

We all take a seat. I look at the four men that came to be interviewed. They dressed up really nicely. I'm impressed. Megan is sitting in the corner of the office, smiling at me from time to time. My two current bodyguards are sitting right and left from me.

"Thank you all for coming. I am happy that you all were able to make it . . let's start with you . . Ricky Valdez . . I see in your resume that you worked for Prince and Cher . . that's impressive"

"Mr. Jackson, first of all, thank you for inviting me. Yes, I worked for both of them for many years actually . . as you can see . . for five years to be exact"

"I hope you don't mind me asking, why did you stop working for them?"

"I became a father a year ago . . wanted to prioritize my position as a new father and be there for my wife full time. But I'm ready to go back to work - full time - that is. And let me just say, Mr.Jackson, it'll be an absolute honor for me to be working for you"

~ Megan's point of view ~

About two hours have passed, it's now almost 8pm. The men just left and so did his bodyguards. All of them made a really great impression. He's going to interview all of them again for a second round to be absolutely sure he's making the right pick. I couldn't tell him which one I liked best, I really hope he doesn't ask me that question.

"So, which one you liked best?" He asks.

I smile.

"I couldn't possibly make a huge decision like this for you, Michael. Who did you like best?"

"I asked you first"

"Well . . I don't know, I think they've all made a really good impression. You're going to see them all again, so I don't think there's a rush in deciding who to pick right now"

"Actually, there is a rush in picking one, my father has been giving me a really hard time. He has now somewhat accepted and I made up my mind about Bill - even though he's still trying to change my mind but he has been rushing me to find a replacement as soon as possible"

"Has Bill been trying to reach you?" I ask, nervously.

. . . . .

"A couple of times, yes" He answers, his eyes getting watery. He smiles at me and kisses me on my forehead. "Thank you for helping me with this, it really means a lot to me" He says, forcing a smile. 

__________________________

A few days have gone by and Michael still hasn't made up his mind about who to pick. They all have come in for a second time, two of them even came for a third time and he still hasn't made up his mind. 

It's Friday night, no plans whatsoever. Michael is doing some charity work out of the country. Ashley is busy working, too. That leaves me with nothing to do . . although . . I know what I have to do. I know the right thing to do right now . . and I'm going to do it. 

This isn't about me - it's about Michael. I know damn well he's not ready to replace Bill. It's as simple as that. He definitely misses him and replacing him is something he doesn't really want to do. . but doesn't want to admit it.

Will I hate it every second of the way? . . . probably.

No . . I will definitely hate it every second of the way.

But I'm still going to take matters into my own hands . . and . . make this right.

To be continued . . .

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

660 38 12
Haseena Malik the lone wolf, rebellious student dislike Karishma Singh, the popular, star student. one day, they were trapped inside the school's art...
My One and Only ? بواسطة Devika

قصص المراهقين

9.5K 374 41
Melissa is an athlete, a girl with a soft heart, and is prettier than she lets herself believe. Daniel is the teacher's son, is introvert but is a ve...
33 0 29
*Smut Warning* Thea and Mikey have been friends for since they were little. Will their friendship come together as love or will it fall apart? The la...
8.7K 229 52
A life with the one and only MJ,i hope you guys like this,will Michael meet his true love? or will he just be friends with the girl? why dont you fin...