Never Again

By Allioune24

He was an enigma, an alpha of his caliber, cursed to live a lonely life until his death, and felt warmed by a... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI

VIII

552 41 4
By Allioune24

"Where's Hyung?"It's the nth time since Cale arrived on the Dark Continent.

"You know the basics of second genders, right?" asked Lee Soo Hyuk, who had served as his temporary guardian.

Cale nodded. Lee Soo Hyuk smiled at him and patted his head. "It'll take a few more days until Rok Soo-yah comes out."

"Um... is a rut that painful?"

"Of course, it will, especially now that his omega is here," Lee Soo Hyuk pondered, but Kim Rok Soo would never touch the child. "Just wait patiently, alright?"

"Okay,"

Anyway, the helpers of the Dark Continent, especially the old ones and females, were fawning over the young Omega. Most children on the continent are alphas or betas, and they usually leave when they reach a certain age to train. Even Choi Jung Soo's uncle, well, Jung Soo is older, but the blood is older than him - left on a journey and he's somewhere in the Rowoon Kingdom.

The Desert of Death;

The Forest of Darkness;

The Gorge of Death;

The Path of No Return;

And the Valley of Despair;

The forbidden regions in the Western Continent that were associated with the Dark Continent since time immemorial. It would be better if they had certain control over the regions, but the settlement that took place over a thousand years ago made it impossible.

"Oppa, what are you thinking?" Cale asked the old man, two bright doe eyes looking at the poor leader.

"Hah... why are you so cute, little chick!?" Lee Soo Hyuk uncharacteristically asked, "You're wasted with that lazy Rok Soo!"

"Nothing's wrong with being lazy."

Cale immediately rose from his seat and looked at the door, "Hyung!" He ran fast and welcomed Kim Rok Soo with a dash of hugs, "Good morning, Hyung!"

"Morning." Kim Rok Soo patted his head and carried him into the room. He deposited the redhead child on his lap and took the newly served tea, looking at it, checking on it, and sighing.

Lemon tea.

That old geezer's deadly tea.

Kim Rok Soo decided to ignore it and drink the tea without hesitation. The sourness crept into his throat but he can't spit it out. He placed the cup down and looked at Cale who was leaning on him.

"Have you been good?"

"I am!" soft giggles and laughter slowly filled the room. Cale tilted his head up while Kim Rok Soo looked down.

"good." Kim Rok Soo praises him while kissing the child on top of his head. s

"Are you okay now, hyung?"

"Hm."

Cale didn't ask anything anymore. He just swings his feet while sitting on Kim Rok Soo's lap. The Alpha on the other hand seemed content but his pheromones are kind of annoying right now.

"Care to lessen your pheromone?" Choi Jung Soo, who managed to speak without cursing scowled. Kim Rok Soo kept his pheromones but enough to wrap the kid on his lap.

"What an overprotective bastard." Choi Jung Soo curses under his breath, it was loud for Lee Soo Hyuk and Kim Rok Soo to hear.

Lee Soo Hyuk then speaks, "Royal Children will be coming to this place in spring."

"I wonder why you even allowed their entrance here." Kim Rok Soo asked.

"If we want to enter the forbidden regions, we need to create relationships with other kingdoms." Lee Soo Hyuk explained, "they're alpha children so it should be fine for us but not for the chick."

"I'm fine..." Cale reassured, "Hyung's here, so I will be fine."

"you heard him." Kim Rok Soo proudly said and wrapped his left arm over Cale's waist because he was sliding from his lap. His arm supported the child not to fall.

well.

if you ask the Oppa-boss and the angry ajhusshi, this dog food is cavity breaking one.

"I can't take it anymore!" Choi Jung Soo cried, "that's it, I'm out! I feel like watching some possessed madman into humanity streak!"

Lee Soo Hyuk giggled and laughed at Choi Jung Soo.

"anyway. it'll be better to make some connections with the Rowoon Prince."

"why?"

"He's a quarter dark elf."

"Oh, it's a first. Someone succeeded in crossbreeding?"

"The number is low, but it seems possible that humans develop immunity from things that are dangerous."

Kim Rok Soo crossed his legs and turned Cale to the side as he handed him some cookies, "It's the land of survivors, I am not surprised if they survive that." He raised his head and said, "is Jung Soo's uncle finally coming out of the dark forest?"

"He'll be a bit twisted..."

"It's been a hundred fifty years, I wonder what he looks like now. He left when he was fourteen. That stubbornness is a trait of the Choi's."

Lee Soo Hyuk just smiled while shaking his head before dismissing Cale and Kim Rok Soo, who said they were shopping for the kids' clothes.

Their clothing is different than normal clothing. While people from other kingdoms have designated lavish clothes for every rank, in the Dark Continent, everyone can wear the same ordinary clothes and style them as they please. Kim Rok Soo's redheaded chick's clothing stands out for being overly lavishly decorated noble clothes.

Cale will look cool in the continent's clothes. He had good genes that would put any resident's looks to shame.

"hah. youth." Lee Soo Hyuk suddenly felt his age, so he just decided to do some work while trying to tame Joo HoShik to work overtime for him.

**

Time passed by, and the day for the royal brats to come finally come.

Kim Rok Soo, still asleep, felt something moving under the blankets. He ignore the lightweight and pretended to be asleep when a cute redhead chick came out of the blankets and stared at him.

"Hyung..."

Ignore.

"wake up, sleepy head... Hyuk-Oppa said to wake up early."

Lee Soo Hyuk found some way to make him rise from his bed early.

Kim Rok Soo half opened his eyes. He met the reddish-brown eye's gaze and stared at it for a long time.

"Good morning."

Hah.

This kid sure knows how to rile him up.

"morning," he said and faced sideways, pulling the kid into his arms and burying him in his arms, making his chick some live warm pillow.

Cale's head rests on his left arm. His chin was over the kid's head, and his right arm was wrapped around the kid, stopping him from moving.

"Wake up..."

"Five minutes..."

"Hyuk-Oppa is waiting."

"Let him wait," he said. Kim Rok Soo is annoyed that his chick is constantly calling Lee Soo Hyuk's name rather than his!

Meanwhile, Cale, who came to wake him up, was buried in Kim Rok Soo's arms. He actually can't breathe because the man is hugging him tightly. He wiggled a bit and tilted his head up. That's when he sees the view from Kim Rok Soo's chin.

He was sleeping soundly again. Kim Rok Soo sleeps like a baby.

His eyelashes were long, and his eyes fluttered slightly. His lips were red and thin.

"pretty," he muttered while watching the man sleep again.

Cale couldn't help but giggle and reach his head out and kiss Kim Rok Soo's chin before depositing himself into the man's arm and wrapping his arms around the man's body.

He felt so safe.

So safe.

Unknowingly, he drifted back to sleep.

**

By the time Cale woke up, Kim Rok Soo wasn't there anymore. He blankly stared at the ceiling while inhaling the scent of sandalwood from the blankets. He slowly rose from the bed and climbed down. He soothed the creases of the bed but took the sleeve that was previously wrapped around him and wore it.

He inhaled the scent once again and smiled brightly. He folded the sleeves and tucked the front into his pants.

"Young Master..."

"Hm?" Ron entered the room. The old Alpha looked at him and felt annoyed.

Cale looked down and noticed what Ron was looking at. He didn't say anything and waited for the old servant to speak.

"The Lord's are waiting for you in the grand hall."

"Alright..."

He followed Ron and entered the hall while wearing Kim Rok Soo's sleeve. Kim Rok Soo didn't bat an eye while watching him approach his side. Lee Soo Hyuk just smiled divinely and planned to talk this out to his possessive dongsaeng. Choi Jung Soo is keeping this temper in check enough not to bash Kim Rok Soo's head on the ground.

damn. That's a ten-year-old kid.

Kim Rok Soo better not lay his finger on the kid or else he'll cut off the thing that hurts the most!

On the other hand, Kim Rok Soo helped Cale sit beside him as they welcomed the newly arrived royalties from the kingdoms.

Moguro's Imperial Prince, Adin.

Rowoon's First Prince, Alver Crossman.

Caro's Crown Prince, Valentino.

Breck's Princess, Rosalyn.

And many more.

Lee Soo Hyuk, "Welcome to the Dark Continent... I hope you enjoy your stay here."

The youngsters' gazes were not directed at Lee Soo Hyuk but at the Cale Henituse who was staring at them.

"What is the matter?" Choi Jung Soo asked.

"I thought it was just a rumor..." Adin spoke. "I didn't think the Henituse's child would be here."

Lee Soo Hyuk asked, "and what would be the problem with that?"

"Omegas really are attracted to powerful alphas."

dudum...

Everything suddenly went dark in the Dark Continent's Grand Hall.

"Speak again, what did you just say?"

An enraged Kim Rok Soo asked with an Imperial Prince down on the ground.

TBC

Actions

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.1K 1.4K 47
*Completed* "Fake it till you make it?" A messy relationship with a heartbroken singer in the midst of a world tour sounds like the last thing Lando...
198K 19.2K 24
"๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ๐™š๐™ก๐™›, ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก. ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™– ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฉ" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
1.1M 38.2K 63
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
620K 18.7K 75
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...