.Military Grade Cyber Weapon...

By ChrisWolfblood

Night City is an autonomous city located on the border between North and South California, on the Pacific coa... More

-Night City-
-Chip-tastic-
-''Urgh.''-
-Raid-
-Netrunning-
-The Netrunner-
-A Crew-
-Friends-
-Dreams-
-Brain Dance-
-MAXTAC 2.0-
-Zybervistan-
-''All that happened is all your fault!''-
-Home-
-Downtime-
-Car Tricks-
-The Plan-
-Thoughts-
-Cargo-
-Test Drive-
-Stretcher Danger-
-Calm Before The Storm-
-Trouble-
-Militech-
-Limited Time-
-Break In-
-Military Grade Cyber Weapon-
-Shutdown-
-TechDeck-
-Calm After The Storm-
-Life-
-Upgrade-
-Cyberware-
-Cooking-
-Start Of The End-
-Before The End-
-Arasaka-
-The Unexpected Guest-
-Meeting-
-Moon-
-Oneshot: Ripper-

-Adam Smasher-

386 9 11
By ChrisWolfblood

This is not good.

I never expected two people.

I patted down the fire on my cropped jacket, pulling out a cigarette and lighting it, holding the packet to Lucy.

I shrugged the jacket off and draped it over her shoulders, she seemed in shock, it is not all days that your ex comes back part of a battle mech.

"I'll want these back after I'm done." I grinned as I put the cancer stick between my lips.

I looked back ahead.

I grabbed my forearm and flexed my hurt hand, walking forwards to put some distance between her and them.

David was more built for fast movements and punches from what my scans show, and Smasher is an all-rounded fighter.

My vision blasted with red and blue, seeing the vision of a roof top for a moment before it fixed itself, I need to hurry.

"Oh? You are coming towards your death?" Smasher asked with a mocking chuckle.

I smiled at him, letting go of my arm.

"Only if it is yours too." I spoke.

"Cocky, let's see if you still are when I extinguish your light you Zybervistan."

"You haven't got the memo it seems." I chuckled, the shoulder plating sliding apart and the Mounted cannons rose out, both gun types so the four of them, honestly, I do not know why they call it 'canon' when it is guns. "NAME'S ONLY ZYBER NOW!!"

The guns unloaded, unfortunately they were fast too.

The Sandy turned on, letting me keep up, avoid the kick from David, ducking it and angling the guns up and shooting him in the chest, he was a machine not a human thinking, so he does not have human instincts and he did not move to quickly get out of the way of the shots.

Though a kick came in my back, almost bending me in half as time was master again.

I bounced off the ground and hit the side of the building.

I pushed up, groaning softly before a hand grabbed the guns and ripping them out.

"FUCK!!!" I looked at the bloody cabling as Smasher threw them away. "EAT DICK!!" My palm sparked and I reached up, man too confident as I grabbed what I could reach: the plat of metal on her left shoulder.

"You little." He hissed as his arm hung limp while I kicked him, the springs snapping in it like they were meant to, the machinery pulling it apart and making the kick overpowered, also shooting the stabilizer out and impaling that part as this time he was sent flying.

"Shit." I hissed, looking at the bloody tubes and pieces of metal in my shoulder, I grabbed the longer one and yanked it out with a scream so I could force the plating close again.

I was punched but I only was sent spinning, still on my feet as I lifted my arm, giving one back but stronger because of the charge.

"Militech wanted to surpass you Smasher, you can't think I am so easy to floor." I said even if I was facing David.

I swung at his face, a mantis blade deploying, her barely avoided blade, it slashed open the side of his robotic head.

"Now we match." I grinned.

"Don't get distracted."

"Wha--"

I watched pieces flying out in between David and I: droplets of blood, a cable here, a metal joint there, a finger over there.

I watched for a moment the shower of chrome before looking at the large shotgun that was pointing where my right arm previously had been.

"FU--" My head whipped back as if it was yanked back as my vision in my left eyes was gone, David's arm launcher going off.

I fell back.

With my Sandy I zipped away, standing further.

I grabbed my arm.

"Kill them." I heard my own voice whisper to me. "Let me at it, kill them, save her."

"I'll kill you!" I yelled with a laugh.

My arm unfolded into its weapons as my own launch blasted off.

"Try avoiding this!!" I said as the missiles were smart ones, tracking the target.

"I have more experience than you girl, if only you stayed with Militech, you might have had a chance."

I barely avoided the shots of his large weapon, being point blank.

"Now is it my fault?" I mocked him as I blew a plume of fire into his face.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I watched in horror the shower of chrome pieces.

That was enough to yank me from my frozen stupor.

"No!" I whipped the monowire out, grabbing David's arm so he could not punch her which led her to being able to avoid Smashers shots.

I pulled as hard as I could as he pulled against the wire.

The ground was messy, in pieces from the impacts and the ashes falling so I was sliding on the ground.

I tried to reel him in, I cannot let him hurt her, his gone but she is not.

I watched her as she laughed, basically it a was fight of swings and punches between her and Smasher, moving so fast I only got glimpses when the Sandevistan burst ran out.... The Sandevistan.

I activated mine and ran backwards, making it possible to yank David away, running around a street pole and yanking when time took back, this level keeping him from being able to pull him.

"You can do this Lucy; she cannot fight both alone." I told myself as he looked at me, instantly running for the kill as I stopped him from getting his target.

The Sandevistan turned on as I jumped, his body diving by under me and catching on the wire more.

I yanked but froze, the wire was wrapped around his throat in this position.

"Lucy... Don't." He plead, forcing against the wire.

"I'm sorry David." I breath, yanking the wire, forcing my limbs to move, to act. "But it is time for you to rest now."

I pulled harder as he aimed up his launcher, I closed my eyes as the tension in the wire lessened before pulling taunt again as I pulled moments after the shot went off.

"Rest.... You deserved it." I said, looking at the headless body before something was thrown at me.

I whipped around only to see in was not something I wanted to see at all.... Another piece of Zyber.

I looked over, only to see flashes of bullets flying my way.

I took a step back before I was shoved down.

"Zyber!!" I called out as she covered me with her body, many of the bullets smacking off but once in a while a splatter of blood came, and the flurry of bullets kept coming. "Stop!! You are killing yourself!!" I pushed on her chest, looking in horror at the blown away part of her face.

She gave me a smile, eyes focused and sane contrary to the spiral of psychosis that was setting in before.... Well, eye, singular, she was missing one now.

"Lucy." She smiled, no...

"Zyber move!! You are going to die!!" I grabbed her face as a bullet clipped a part of her head since another streak of blood rolled down her face.

"Sorry, this is the only way I could protect you from this damned city." She whispered, bringing tears to my eyes, do not say that.

"Zyber." The moment the bullets stopped she pushed up and ran at him. "ZYBER!!!" I yelled, reaching after her as she was running towards her death.

I saw Smasher, as calm as ever, kick, with only that he kicked off the leg opposing her missing arm and punched.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

(I am listening to this song while writing this scene and ugh! T^T sad.... SO FUCKING SAD!!! Just look at those lyrics!!! It fits if it was Lucy talking.)

I hopped on my right leg, he kicked me in the knee and now my leg is go--garh!

I was lifted off the ground as his large fist stabbing into my torso, the cigarette falling out of my mouth in shock.

I grabbed his wrist, but I couldn't get a strong grip, hand slipping on my own blood.

"You held out longer than the boy, but you are not to my level." He muttered, the pain snapping my mind out the spiral it was going down in, it was sobering.

Then the alarm that had faded in the background turned off, all the lights of Arasaka turned off, everything slowed to a stop, even he groaned, grabbing his head for a moment.

"What's up choom?" I asked with a grin. "Something wrong with the systems?" You did it Lucy.... Arasaka systems are down, these people are all too wired in, they all fried their brains, Arasaka is all gone... Well almost.

I screamed soundlessly, mouth hanging open as with a jerk he shoved his hand deeper and grabbed something, yanking it out and throwing my body.

Landing with a smack and not moving, vision blurring, breathing hurt.

"I'd love to see you live without a heart." He said triumphantly, hand at his side, holding the bloody implant, sounding pleased with himself.

"ZYBER!! NO!!" Lucy shrieked, moments later entering my vision as she dropped to her knees and pulled me on them.

I gasped, coughing bloody, gasping for a breath as I grabbed for my chest.

"Zyber! Stay with me! It will be fine!" Lucy said, holding my head and hugging it, lifting me higher, letting me see Smasher and he was looking at us without moving before turning away and walking off.

"I had fun, you would have been worth my while if only you trained more so, any last words?" He asked, oh how chivalrous.

"Just.... One...." I forced out once he was far away though I knew he could hear me.

"Speak then... Zyber." I will swoon if he does not stop, such a gentleman... Burk!

I grinned, smiling bright, lifting my hand, snapping my fingers.

"Boom." I said with a chuckle.

A loud hiss that grew in pitch rapidly was heard.

He looked down at the sources, the round object that was not a heart in his hand.

I grinned bigger, laughing full-heartedly as hard as I could, the weapon of Arasaka, pulling the bomb that was implanted in my chest out instead of my heart, my organs' position is switched from the normal positions, you didn't know that did you?

"You son of a b--" And the bomb went off.

It was not a normal bomb, not a fireball of death, it was a vacuum bomb, it is opening up so fast the extreme vacuum inside created huge shockwave as it stabilized milliseconds after it yanked everything together, basically.... It compacted and shredded Smasher up.

Lucy and I were thrown away.

"Zyber!" I laid on my back, staring up at the full moon before Lucy's face got in the way.

"The moon... Is quite beautiful... Tonight...."

"Zyber! You cannot... You cannot leave me!"

I smiled as her tears dripped and fell on my face, one making a spark as it fell on the exposed cables, but it didn't hurt, nothing hurt.... It was calm.

I offered her a softer smile as she shook her head.

"I can't make our dreams come true alone! I need you!"

I lifted my remaining arm, cupping her face with it, rubbing my face against her cheek.

"Night City has no happy ending..." I took a deep breath, but it was not as deep as I thought it would be, still feeling out of breath. "Unless you believe.... It does.... Have a happy ending, okay?"

"B-but I need you in it..." She grabbed my hand as I felt too weak to hold it up, she kept it pressed against her face, turning it, and kissing my palm. "There is no happy ending without you..."

I grinned with a chuckle, a weak and muffled one, eyes blurry and lids falling slowly.

"I am sure...." My eyes closed and I could not open them. "You will...." I whispered, suffocating but it was relaxing almost, oddly so. "Find a way..."

And I slipped away, welcoming darkness' embrace.

Knowing Lucy was safe from Arasaka and free.

"Sorry I couldn't take you to the moon myself."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 228 40
A Nomad abandoned by her own clan, V vows to forge her own path in life by leaving everything behind and seeking new beginnings in the glittering Nig...
137K 3.4K 48
Story regarding the excellent universes of Warhammer 40K and Cyberpunk 2077 (Mostly the Cyberpunk: Edgerunners) - Follow the tracks of ever more misf...
1.5K 228 62
The big city can be a dangerous place for anyone, but for someone new to its dangers, it can be deadly. Recently escaped from the people that created...
643 50 13
He is the Metal and She is the Rose. Who said Night City, the city of futuristic chaos and turmoil, couldn't have a great badass story centering arou...