I Propose We Strike A Deal [O...

By BebeHolic

After losing her grandmother, Carolyn is hurt and everything from her past seems to come to hunt her present... More

𝗗𝗲𝘀𝗰𝗿𝗶𝗽𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻
Important A/N
A/N
𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲
Chapter 01 : Carolyn
Chapter 03: Carolyn

Chapter 02 : Carolyn

39 9 5
By BebeHolic

𝑀𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑚𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠, 𝑚𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠

•Present Time•

3:00PM

-Carolyn's pov-

I draw the curtains gently, as though presuming it were so fragile it could tear with the slightest touch.

I looked at them, the dried up shrubs and dead plants that once made up my mom's garden.

......
.................

•13 Years Earlier•

-Narrator's pov-

"Can you pass me those pruning shears." Said Elina.

"What are pr... shes?" Asked the little girl that was sitting on the ground a few feet away.

She let out a small laugh "The thing you used to cut your dolls hair."

"Oh, those!" Said the three year old happily as she remembered how well she had done the doll's bangs.

Three year old Carolyn, stumbled to her feet picked up the shears and gave them to her mother.

"Thank you, Callie."

Elina was almost six months pregnant. Therefore she wasn't allowed to work at her florists store in her condition, so she would just get up everyday, go to her garden and work.

......
.................

-Carolyn's pov-

I hear a gentle knock on my bedroom door "May I come in?"

I sit down with my head leaning on the cold glass before groaning loudly. "Yeah sure."

"Since you will be living in the girls hostel for the next few months, I got you these." he gives me a small smile before handing me a beddings, a pile of books and headsets.

"Thanks."

He turns to leave but turns around and walks towards me. He stops where I'm sitting on the floor and leans forward to place a small kiss on my forehead.

My lips form into a thin line and then almost immediately into a smile .

"I love you, okay?" Then he leaves.

"Good night." I whispered softly to myself.

I stand up, take one last look out the window and then I go to bed.

......

................

•The Next Day•
8:39 PM

"I'm leaving tomorrow and I'm not the least bit happy about it." I say while chewing on my bottom lip, hard.

Jade, my cousin gives me a look. "I'm just being honest" I add.

"But it will be fun going there. Don't you remember how excited you were when you applied for the school?"

"Yeah."

I stand up and start stuffing random clothes into my bag, even though I'm leaving tomorrow, I didn't pack my bags yet. Jade doesn't really look as happy as she did about twenty minutes ago when she entered my room, dumping shopping bags onto my bed while happily telling me to start packing.

"Try and give this school a chance, okay?"

Why does everyone have to tell me this? First dad then Jade, do they really think that I'm not trying?

"Okay, I will try. Now enough with talking, help me pack my things." As I say this, I see her face fill up with content.

......

After taking a cold shower, I headed to my dad's office to talk to him since I assume that I probably won't be able to talk to him because of his work. Now I'm here slumped on the couch in his office waiting for him to start a conversation with me.

He stares at me as if he was trying to figure out what I'm thinking but my expression is blank.

He sighs "I almost forgot" He stands up, pushing his chair towards the wall in the process. "I have something else for you"

He walks around the office until finally stopping in front of a pile of files with a box on the top.

As he walks towards me, I get a better look at the box. "This is for you" he says before placing a beautiful carved box the size of a large dictionary next to me on the couch.

I look up at him suspiciously. "What's inside?"

"Open it" He says but sighs at my expressionless face when he realizes that wasn't the answer I wanted to hear. "It's something your grandmother left for you, she wanted me to give it to you before you left for the school."

I hesitantly pick up the box before standing up and walk out the door.

I make my way down the stairs very quickly and head for the front door. From there I just start running until reach the spot that I had been watching through my window earlier.

I try to walk towards it but stop dead in my tracks, feeling like something's holding me back so I just stand there and cry.

"Why does everyone I care about leave? Don't they care about me? Am I the reason they are gone? First mom, then grandma and Blaze too. He doesn't even try to visit he just keeps sending useless letters asking if I'm okay." I say loudly.

I look up at the stars and in a calm whisper, I sat. " I'm not okay. I don't think I will ever be able to be okay." With that, I leave and make my way towards the house.

......
.................

7:AM

After taking a shower and dressing into a pair of jeans, sneakers and a comfortable tee-shirt, I take my phone from the bed to check the time.

But instead I find ten missed calls and fifteen messages from Isabella, my best friend which I just swipe away and look at the time.

......

I walk around my room one last time and then that's when I spot the box that dad gave me the previous night.

I pick it up and place it gently into my backpack.

After seeing that everything was in order, I decide to call Jade since she offered to drive me to the school.

.......

I hear constant honking outside and quickly realize that it's Jade. Honestly, she is the most impatient person I know apart from me, of course.

I take my suitcase, backpack and head downstairs. As soon as I'm down the stairs I see Jade seemingly gleeful, she's always so joyful.

"Your dad let me in." She's says, looking like she's about to burst from all the excitement of finally visiting the island.

"Oh, cool"

"So, are you ready to go?"

"Uhm, yeah. I just need help getting some of my stuff from my room."

"Okay!" she basically skips up the stairs as she heads to my room.

......

After putting all my things in the trunk of Jade's car, I'm finally ready to leave.

I exhale heavily before getting into the passenger seat next to Jade.

"Sit at the back, your dad is going to sit there."

......

Hello fellow wattpaders, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Let's interact in the comment section.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

306K 7.6K 111
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
136K 5.9K 55
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းကတစ်ယောက်နှင့်တစ်ယောက်မတည့်တဲ့ကောင်လေးနှစ်ယောက်ကအလှလေးတစ်ယောက်ကိုအပြိုင်အဆိုင်လိုက်ကြရာက မိဘတွေရဲ့အတင်းအကြပ်စီစဉ်ပေးမှုကြောင့်တစ်ယောက်အပေါ...
125K 5.2K 200
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
122K 5.8K 44
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...