AASHNA

Par remixthestory

Shehryaar left his home towards an unknown turn which led him to fall, literally down the valley and metaphor... Plus

✩ Prologue
✩ Chapter 1
✩ Chapter 2
✩ Chapter 4
✩ Chapter 5
✩ Chapter 6
✩ Chapter 7
✩ Chapter 8
✩ Chapter 9
✩ Chapter 10
✩ Chapter 11
✩ Chapter 12
✩ Chapter 13 Ep

✩ Chapter 3

2K 118 1
Par remixthestory

Numbness was all he could feel.

Shehryaar couldn't move, not an inch without the painful tremors shooting in his body. He was bedridden and helpless as he wished to move and let the sunlight enter this room to feel better, the room was too dark and gloomy for his liking, making him feel more sick than he already was.

Last night, the cold temperature had seeped into his bones and he yearned for natural warmth. His eyes looked around at the room, it was small, not very small but still small compared to the ones he was accustomed to.

Shahjahanpur, rummaged his brain to think where this place exactly was. Azeen, the girl had already narrated the entire location to him, just the coordinates were left which he had almost sputtered out commenting but thankfully she couldn't hear him clearly.

The only thing left was the Google assistant instructing the directions.

He was on his way to Anantagiri to check up on his factories, he was driving and talking to his Dado, then what had happened? Why can't remember what had led him to wake up in an entirely alien surrounding with a fractured hand, pain shooting his every cell, and a headache which seemed to multiply each time he tried thinking back?

He sighed but immediately regretted it as his ribs ached. How in the world did he land in this bed, attached to a beeping machine with an IV dripping in his veins? He wanted to know it quickly.

He closed his eyes, focusing on the voices which traveled in the air, they were distant. He assumed them to be that girl's family.

He stared at the door, waiting for anyone to enter to check up on him, yesterday luckily she had arrived. Helping him with water and some information which were not so normal for him to digest.

His senses perked as the handle moved and a head peeked inside.

"You are up!" The boy exclaimed cheerfully. "Assalam-o-alaikum, Don't reply if you can't. Appi says not everyone can speak after being in an accident this quick so take your time."

"W-Wallaikum Assalam." Shehryaar muttered silently, loud enough for him to hear and his brightened eyes said he heard.

"This is good, you are speaking. You will be fine soon, you know that?" He stepped inside and just like that girl he peeked at the machine and then the IV but his face said nothing made sense to him.

Shehryaar smiled.

The boy huffed, "I will go call Abbu and ask him to bring Dr. Sahay. If only Appi didn't go to her college today, I would have asked her to check you. Your bad luck you have to endure that balloon's company. He has no knowledge but an inflated ego."

Shehryaar stared at him amused. His rolling of eyes clearly testified his dislike for the said doctor.

"Just give me a few minutes okay? I'll go tell Abbu you are up again, better this time." He said and turned. Halfway out of the door he turned back. "I am Zain, What's your name, Bhaijaan?"

He smiled nodding. "Shehryaar"

"Okay, Sherry Bhai. I'll be quick." He said and left with a grin.

This brother-sister duo was amusing he concluded, chuckling silently but winced at the sudden pain.

"Ya rab, reham."

The doctor was truly what Zain had described, his thick brows always frowning and that ever-present condescending smirk had Shehryaar dislike him the moment he started doing with checks which he didn't seem to care about.

"I told you he is a balloon." The moment he left, Zain scoffed and sat near Shehryaar.

"Zain." Another voice called him chastising. Habib Alam came and stood near his bed. "Shehryaar, beta do you want to inform your family?"

"Y-yes, uncle. My Dado and everyone...must be w-worried." He said slowly, biting his tongue to avoid breathing harshly to avoid his midriff aching.

Habib Alam nodded and gestured for Zain to handle it.

"H-hello?" He said in the device, grimacing at how his voice sounded.

"Sherry, Ya Allah. Where have you been? I'm trying to contact you for the past 4 days now. Where is your phone and why have you not reached Anantagiri yet? Rahat said you never made it." Jamal Shah shot questions one after another, the restlessness in his voice was clear as the voice boomed from the speaker.

"Dado..." He avoided sighing, looking out for words of assurance and then the task to inform him all.

"What dado? Are you okay? Fikar me jaan nikal rahi hai meri." Jamal rebuked him.

(I'm dying worrying here.)

"Bhaijaan, Abbu se baat karadu?" Zain whispered suggestively.

He looked up at him and sighed as slowly as he could. It was hard to convince Jamal Shah and impossible when it was him at stake.

"Who are you with? I can hear another voice. Sherry stop playing around and tell me where are you?" Jamal demanded.

"U-uncle." He gave in, Zain chuckled silently at his defeated face. Habib Alam who stared at him quizzically took the phone.

"Assalamualaikum," He said, stepping out of the room.

"Do you want me to eavesdrop on the conversation?" Zain offered and Sherry stared at the door but shook his head and laid back, eyes closing.

"D-dado will not take it easy." He said and earned an empathetic smile. "He is too...protective of me."

"I know the feeling." Zain huffed and looked out at the window. "Hopefully, Appi is able to come home early. It is going to rain again."

Shehryaar looked out at the window and prayed for his sister's safety. The mountain slopes were hard to drive on, more when it was raining.

When after 10 minutes Habib Alam did not return, Zain jumped and walked towards the door to hear.

He parted the door to hear the voice.

"He is okay Jamal Sahab.... Please don't worry....we are taking care....yes, yes...you can come but the weather is not appropriate....Aap takleef na karien....I understand....He is stable....But ....of course, jaisa aap chahe....Yes, I'll make sure....No, no. He is like a son...Jamal Sahab, please don't say that. You are embarrassing me....Ji, he is like a son to me. Please don't worry. I'll make sure he is okay....Yes, yes tomorrow morning as soon as the weather clears out...Ji, Zarur."

Habib Alam was pacing the length of the corridor and Shehryaar looked at his fractured hand, he couldn't pinch his nose bridge feeling the headache returning back. His Dado was a stubborn soul.

"Yes, yes I'll keep you informed.... Yes, Allah hafiz."

The phone call ended and Zain closed the door slowly to avoid getting caught eavesdropping.

"That was intense." He commented.

Shehryaar smiled "My Dado can go over...board. He w-worries a lot."

"He loves you." Zain shrugged.

"I have talked to your grandfather, he is worried." Habib informed and he winced "He says he will send the car tomorrow morning first thing to bring you home. I have agreed only if the weather is good enough to drive. You can go back and get treated in the city. It will be better."

"Y-you and your family has done...a lot for me, I-I am indebted...to you." Shehryaar smiled in gratitude. His words from before where is assured his grandfather that he was like a son to him meant a great deal. "T..thank you, uncle."

"It is nothing, son. You take rest till then." Habib waved his words with a comforting pat on his head.

Zain said once Habib left "Tomorrow morning I think then."

He nodded slowly, "Can y..you help me sit up a little more? I don't want to lay like t-this anymore."

Zain pouted looking at him, "It is better if you stay put no? You will need a lot of bed rest."

He rolled his eyes, "I feel numb like this."

He nodded unsurely. Gently he raised him and placed a few pillows behind to support him.

"Are you in pain?" he asked in concern and Shehryaar shook his head.

The distant voice of the door opening had Zain's ears perk. "Shayad Appi aa gayi." (I guess Appi is home.)

"Shukar" Shehryaar mumbled to himself, making sure it was inaudible to anyone but him. He was surprised as the word left him but shrugged it off thinking he grew to care for the family who saved him. It was the least he could if he prayed for their well-being in return.

~~

"Azeen Appi, he is going back tomorrow." Zain barged inside her room with the latest update on their house guest. She was halfway settling her books and placing the important document in the file.

"Is it?" she looked up, halting her actions and looking at her brother for confirmation.

"Yeah, Abbu talked to his grandfather. It was a long conversation." Zain jumped on her bed and shuffled in her bag to retract an uneaten packet of wafers she always carried for emergencies.

She nodded hearing and stared in places thinking back to him and his bleeding face she had witnessed that night. The image made her snap out of her thoughts.

"You monkey! Stop eating my chips." Azeen snatched the packet from him.

"It is meant to be eaten." Zain rolled his eyes and snatched it back to gobble some more.

Azeen huffed annoyed and left it to him, it was not worth trying to keep food away from him.

"You can never win, Appi." Zain grinned victoriously.

"I didn't try." She gritted taking the things, she freshens up.

"Yeah, anything to keep your heart." He chuckled mockingly.

She ignored it and went inside the common bathroom on the floor to change and prepare ablution.

She fixed her prayer shawl on her head walked out of the room and offered her Salah. Zain had left for him.

Her mind went back to the new piece of information, he will leave tomorrow. He will go back to his place.

"Ya, Allah. Keep him safe." She said in her sajdah praying for his recovery. She let herself away from any thoughts of him and his presence in their home. The wind blew and hit her face making her shiver. She went to close the window when cold air met her skin erupting goosebumps all over. She let herself feel the harshness until she couldn't bear it and closed the window.

She walked out towards the steps when she glanced at the door, the parted door had her yearning to have a look at him. What if he needed something?

Licking her gums in nervousness, she peeped inside to find him sitting with closed eyes.

The window was open and curtains parted, she frowned and stepped forward to close them.

"L-let them be."

She jumped at the voice. Turning she stepped back seeing his grey eyes open. The room seemed too small at this point. "You are awake?"

She quickly mumbled shukar at her nonstuttering.

He nodded.

Glancing at the window, she looked back at him. "It is cold, you will catch the fever."

"I like fresh air." He reasoned. "I am...not as delicate...as I look."

Azeen scoffed internally. "You are not strong even, your immunity is weak and a little fever will give you an unbearable headache."

He grimaced "I feel suffocated with the...closed spaces and...alone."

"Oh" Azeen looked away.

"I...am sorry." He muttered feeling her being uncomfortable.

"Why?" she looked up frowning.

He looked at her for a few seconds before averting his gaze away and shaking his head.

Azeen shrugged confused and turned to close the window again when he repeated.

"Don't."

"You will get a fever and it is not good. You are still healing. It is not a risk to be taken. Please let me close it. The door is open and I'll ask Zain to be with you. Please, it is just a matter of a few hours.." she trailed smiling "You will go back home tomorrow."

He closed his eyes defeated but looked back at her pleading with eyes and an innocent face that he knew was hard to resist.

She heard her sigh, steps walking away.

"Did the doctor not ask someone to change your IV?" he looked up confused at her question. She looked at the almost empty drip with a hardened face. "I should have known." She mumbled to herself and went out.

He looked quizzically as she came back with the phone in hand and talked to someone in hushed whispers.

"I have asked Zain to bring another." She answered his unsaid question. "What about the medicines? I heard he came to check up on you and why are you sitting? You will strain your wounds."

She looked unimpressed that he had to look away. She wasn't a doctor as much he knew but will be a strict one once certified.

She went through the chart at the bedside table and frowned. "Did he even update this? Ya Allah, how can someone be this irresponsible? I wish I could report him but he is the only one in here, it will take months for another person to get re-allocated."

She was talking to herself and he admired her. It was wrong but he couldn't keep his eyes away from her.

Her brown eyes blinked as she read and took in the details, nose flaring at the anger she felt and eyebrows frowning. Her lips were set in a hard line and hairs tucked loosely in a braid hidden in her dupatta. The light blue suit was a size bigger and covered her frame. The loose fitting made her seem a few years older than she actually was.

Her eyes met hers and his staring session came to an abrupt end.

"I-I will c-call him and check." She mumbled and quickly walked towards the door.

"What were you thinking Shehryaar? You embarrassed yourself and her. Can you not keep your eyes in check?" he fisted his hands wanting to slap himself when the pain shot to his hand and he yelped at the sudden sting. "Ouch!"

"What happened?" she asked worriedly.

He shook his head, slowly loosening his fist and biting the painful groan.

"What is aching? Please don't strain your muscles." She looked panicked and tensed.

"Water? Please" he requested and she quickly nodded.

Filling the glass, she looked everywhere as if searching. "Where did that straw go?" she asked no one.

"I...can drink...normally. It is..fine." He assured.

"You sure?" she looked biting her lips in concern.

He nodded and raised his better hand to hold the glass.

She stepped forward and handed him the glass, with shaky fingers he tried sipping when she supported it from down. The wind blew and she turned to look at it when her shawl slid down her head.

She tried placing it right back but gave up seeing she needed both hands to fix it and it would disturb his drinking water. Her eyes met hers and she smiled at him politely. His eyes locked with hers.

"What is happening here?"

The voice made her jump back and Shehryaar snapped to look at the door.

"Huh, Ahmed uncle...Jiju?" she left the glass and stepped back immediately covering her head.

The icy glare had her look down in guilt and the man walked in with a snarl on his face.

"Kya behudgi ho rahi thi yaha, tum ek gair mehram ke itne pass?" The younger man spat in disgust.

"Azeen bete, this?" Another man questioned.

"U-uncle, J-jiju he...he needed water so I was just...helping him." She said reasoning.

"Without covering your head? What sought of help it is?" The voice made her jump in fear.

She shook her fervently "It..it wasn't like that. I was just..."

"You were what?" The man she had addressed as Jiju, her brother-in-law demanded enraged. "We saw what you doing, in the façade of helping, you were having a disgusting moment here."

"What?" Shehryaar interrupted having enough. "You can..not be accusing her. She was...helping me."

"You stay out of this." The voice cut him off.

"Rehman, calm down. Let's listen to them. I'm sure it wasn't what it looked like." The man tried making sense.

"You still want to listen, did you not see how she stood near him? Iss ladki ki behungi aapne nahi dekhi Ahmed sahab?" Rehman, the man looked furious.

"Stop saying that....she did nothing wrong." Shehryaar tried sitting more upright he bit the painful groan back, jaw tightening.

"Ye kaisa shor hai?" Manizeh entered the room and frowned looking at Azeen standing at the end shaking. "Azeen, what happened?"

"Ammi, I just came here to h-help him. Rehman bhai..he is taking it all wrong." She explained to her mother. "I was leaving only when he felt pain in his arm, I was helping him with water when the air pushed the dupatta back. I swear Ammi, I did nothing wrong. Ask... ask Zain, I called him so we could change his IV. I did nothing wrong. "

"She is right." Shehryaar nodded wanting someone to believe the truth.

Manizeh stared at Shehryaar who looked in pain but his eyes blared in anger glaring at Rehman who glared him back with equal ferocity. His IV was empty now, the window open. She trusted her daughter's words.

"I believe you, my love, I do. " Manizeh caressed her head and stepped beside her. "Rehman doesn't make a scene, you are taking it all wrong."

"Am I?" he question harshly at his mother-in-law, "You did not see what I and Ahmed Sahab did. You wouldn't be standing near her, supporting her if you saw what we did. Tell me, Ahmed Sahab, was she not standing too close to him staring at him, was it appropriate?"

Ahmad nodded unsurely "It wasn't but..."

"But is not needed. Did you hear Ammi? Your daughter's doing." Rehman cut him off. "She is already doing things which are far from being termed halal and now this? I feel like kicking her out of this place."

"Rehman" Manizeh warned "This my house you are standing in and my daughter you are talking about..."

"And this is my village, I'm the sarpanch here." He bragged equally, daring her to deny it. "I am going to drag this matter in the panchayat and then we will see what will the people decide."

"You will do no such thing..."

"And who will stop me?" he challenged.

"Rehman, it is not needed. It can be talked here." Ahmad tried resolving the situation.

"No, it is needed. I will not accept this in my village, not under my leadership. She will be an example to the girls on how to behave. My in-laws have already given too much freedom..."

"Shut up." Shehryaar glared. It was enough of power drama.

"How dare you talk to me in that tone?" Rehman stepped near predatorily.

"I said shut up," Shehryaar repeated in a calm voice.

"Shehryaar, please stay out of this," Manizeh begged.

"No aunty, I'll not let someone.... blame an innocent, not...with power at least." He leaned and tried to stand up, he knew he would fail miserably.

"What are you doing? Stop exerting. You'll do more damage." Azeen whispered yelling at him.

"So much care" Rehman snorted chuckling. "Did you see that Ahmed Sahab? We are standing here and she cares about him, A non-mehram?"

Manizeh glared at Azeen and firmly tightened her grip on her hand, shaking her head to say no more.

"Stop this nonsense, do you even...make sense to yourself? I don't...even understand how your brain works...you are making your own assumptions." Shehryaar said sitting back and breathing heavily to calm his burning muscles. "What you saw...was nothing but her...helping me with water but I can...not help if you...have made up your...mind."

"Ammi, please he will do more damage to his injuries," Azeen whispered glancing at Shehryaar who tried standing and was breathing heavily. Her eyes brimmed with fresh tears as she felt helpless.

"Are, Salam Ahmad Bhai, Rehman a pleasant surprise....Azeen." Habib's smile faded seeing his daughter crying. "Why are you crying?"

"Please, come in, come in Abba. Look for yourself what your lovely daughter is up to, I am sure it is going to be a surprise, just not pleasant." Rehman smiled cynically. "I think it is high time you slap some sense in her..."

"How dare you?" Zain cut him off "How dare talk about my Appi like that?" he doffed the packet and stood infront of Rehman glaring. "Shafi appi had hurt her enough, I won't let you say a word to her if you mean no good to her."

"Chote ho Zain, chote ban kar raho." Rehman snarled patting his chest and brushing invisible dust away from his kurta "Beechme mat aana, you won't like the consequences."

"Oh, I dare you to..."

" Zain, step away." Habib shook his head at his son. "Why is he making a scene here? Ahmed Bhai, I seek answers from you."

"Habib this is about.." Ahmed sighed and narrated everything, what they witnessed and what Azeen reasoned. "I want to believe her but what we saw, we are reacting to it. I know Azeen, she is like a daughter to me but Rehman is not wrong...."

"I did nothing wrong, Abbu. Please trust me." Azeen tried, wanting her parents at her side because they were the only people who mattered to her. "Ammi, please tell him. I would never do anything to bring shame to you or Abbu. I did nothing wrong."

"Everyone out of here," Habib announced. "Manizeh take Azeen to her room. Zain you stay with Shehryaar and Ahmad Bhai, Rehman comes with me."

Saying he walked out.

Zain punched the wall in anger, never had Azeen seen her little brother so much angry.

"Zain.." Azeen called her crying.

"Appi, stop crying. You know Abbu will deal with everything and also I'm here. That man and his wife are not invited here again. I'll make sure of that." Zain walked to her quickly and hugged her. Manizeh rubbed her forehead and shook her head feeling tensed.

Manizeh glanced at Shehryaar who sat with anger in his eyes.

"Azeen, change the IV. Zain helps him sit back." She ordered her children who looked at her perplexed but nodded. With shaky hands, Azeen took the packet and started what she was asked to.

"I am sorry, Aunty." Shehryaar whispered, "I shouldn't have asked her ..it is all because of..."

"Stop blaming, it was meant to happen. I should be thankful that you stood for my daughter." She shook her head for him to not interrupt "It is done, now what we have to see is our future decisions based on this one moment, I trust Allah. He will do no injustice to my daughter or you. You should stop stressing. It is not good for you." Manizeh smiled at him "Zain help him."

Zain nodded and helped him lay down and covered him with a comforter. "You have a fever," Zain mumbled to him.

Azeen heard but did not react. She gestured for her brother to close the window and left behind their mother in her room.

She reached her room and hiccupped controlling the urge to cry. She clamped her mouth shut and took the glass of water passed to her by Manizeh. She gulped a few sips, wiping her tears.

"Ammi..."

Manizeh kissed her head "Try to sleep my child and do not cry. Your Abbu will never let anything wrong happen to you."

Azeen nodded and gulped some air before seating against the bed. Manizeh tried smiling for assurance but failed. She left her alone to walk out.

Azeen might need her mother but she needed to defend her daughter and her husband needed his pillar of strength. If she cannot step between men, she could witness it from afar.

Zain paced the lengths of the room, he was restless as every minute passed and he felt anger coursing through his veins. He knew how much of a vile man, Rehman Khan was. He thought as low as his sister, a perfect match in heaven.

Shehryaar stared at the wall infront, he was angry with himself to strain his hand which made her stay. He shouldn't have, not when he knew what type of people were there in the world. He didn't deal with such a mentality on a regular basis but he still knew about their existence. There was a part of society who thought low, who didn't see beyond the age-old misconceptions.

He wished Azeen to not be dragged into this mess, he didn't wish any wrong for her or this family.

"I need to go there, don't know how he will manipulate Abbu. I really need to go." Zain shook his head and walked to the door.

"Don't go." Shehryaar stopped him.

"Why?" Zain whined walking back and slumping on the bed "That man is so bad, he always brags about him being a sarpanch and how much power he holds. I swear I'll make his life hell if he hurts my sister."

"You...know you shouldn't curse." He pointed and Zain snorted.

"I know but I don't like him. They hurt my favorite person." He grumbled placing his face between his palms.

Shehryaar smiled "She's lucky to have you."

"I know right? I'm the best brother she could ask for." He grinned.

Shehryaar shook his head chuckling at the change of attitude, one second he was ready to kill and now he was acting all smug.

"Do you have siblings?" Zain asked curiously.

"No" he answered as longing hit him hard "But I have two cousins and their being youngest adds up to it. They are quite a handful."

"Oh,

nice. Me and Azeen appi are close. Shafi appi is a snob, she doesn't gel with us." Zain said pursing his lips. "I think she is jealous because Abbu favors us, Appi because she is very good in everything she does and I am me. Shafi appi is a kind of black sheep in the family, going against his parents for marrying that man. Abby wanted her to study more but then she quit and did what she wished to. I was around 9 when she got married, I don't remember much but she did fight a lot that time. Well, she doesn't matter to me much." He shrugged.

Shehryaar kept mum, not knowing what to reply. He nodded and kept a small smile. He glanced at the door to make out the unfolding. There wasn't any noise around, it must be because of the harsh rain slapping against the glass that occupied most of the surroundings.

"Are you also worried?" Zain ended the silence. "I am too."

"She will be okay. Everything will be." He assured Zain and himself too.

"Inshallah." Zain sighed.

"Inshallah."

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

11K 528 28
Ayeza was a modern girl,a lawyer by profession,all bubbly,full of life without worries.Getting entangled into a mystery of puzzles wasn't on her list...
72.6K 3.2K 36
Miraal's dream was to become a doctor, she was a city girl with a strong spirit and a mind of her own. Since she was born, her father, Haroon Qureshi...
Yaqeen Par chocfa

Roman d'amour

125K 7.1K 46
A journey of Two people who were broken. Ahil Raza & Hoorain Ahmad Kabhi kabhi humara guzra hua kal humare ane wale kal ko bhi khaa jata he. Hume...
41.1K 2.3K 32
Jahanara's world is filled with monstrous silhouettes, looming in the dark around her, ready to harm her. The coldness of her eyes could slit people'...