Mad Sounds, Alex Turner

Bởi sweetadoring

'AM' based story Xem Thêm

MAD SOUNDS
ONE
TWO
THREE
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
EPILOGUE
EXTRA

FOUR

4.6K 120 80
Bởi sweetadoring

Just like when they had first met Olivia, the group had treated Lauren like an old friend - she wasn't sure if they were extra friendly because they were tipsy but she was just glad that it wasn't awkward at all. Especially, because she could tell that Lauren was enjoying herself so she wouldn't have to sit through a month of complaining about how 'terrible it was' and how she was 'never going to go out again'.

On the way home Lauren even thanked her for a great night - which was a new revelation as she was usually in a bad mood after a night out.

A lot of time had passed since then, it was now February, and Olivia had spent most of the time working ; she hadn't been out once. She had barely even noticed how much time had passed until she got a message from Katie saying how much they all had missed her - she made sure to add 'especially Alex'.

Katie had made it her personal mission to get Alex and Olivia together - not subtly either. She'd send Olivia updates on him constantly ; just yesterday she had revived one saying 'Alex has been in a mood all night, think he misses your company'. Whilst she knew it was all delusions it was still nice to hear and fantasise about a little.

Olivia wasn't someone who thought relationships were sustainable.

It was just a way to fulfil a human urge and once the satisfaction wares off it ends. Though, she may just be speaking from the relationships she had witnessed - which had all ended badly. Her parent had divorced when she was young and whilst it didn't cause any trauma (except some commitment issues) it only made her realise that relationships never last.

'Forever' is just something that sounds nice to believe in.

It's part of the reason she had never had a boyfriend before - she doesn't see the point. She thought it was pointless when it would inevitably end in heartbreak.

So, whilst she thought Alex was extremely attractive and she did enjoy the strange connection they had formed, she had no desire to date him. In fact she'd go as far to say that she was actively avoiding it. Not because she thought they weren't compatible, or there was no sexual appeal (there was), but there was no need to ruin the friendship - which she had worked hard at forming - by becoming anything more.

Though, during her time not spent partying, she was able to do some stalking on the band. Quickly, she entered a worm hole of watching live performances and interviews. It felt strange to watch them through a screen but intriguing at the same time. She was able to analyse Alex's face without worrying about him catching her admiring him. She had even found some great videos that she'd be able to tease him about later.

Alex was insanely bored.

The most interesting thing that had happened to him all month was meeting Olivia and they hadn't seen her for the rest of month. There was no point in going out anymore since he knew that she wouldn't be there.

The only thing keeping him distracted was performing gigs or trying to write new songs, though he found that he didn't have much inspiration for a new album - especially after just finishing 'Suck it and See', which they were releasing soon. He had invited Olivia to the release party and if anyone were to ask him he could just say that he knew Katie and Breana would want her there - when in reality he just wanted an excuse to see her again.

The three weeks that she had been gone Alex was able to gather his thoughts together and decipher his feelings about Olivia. At first he thought that he was just lonely and she was the closest person there to preoccupy him and to get his mind off of his past relationship. However, as time went on all he could think about was her. Her laugh, her smile, her green eyes. Now he just had to decide what to do about his feelings.

Only Matt had noticed Alex's change in mood recently - happy and then, once had gotten busy and hadn't been able to come out, agitated. Jamie eventually caught on but only due to Katie telling him. Nick was still oblivious to the whole situation.

The plan was that the party would start at 11pm, at Alex's house, and they would all listen to the album together as soon as it hits 12. Only a small group was invited - mainly friends and family.

Olivia arrived at 11:32 but no one was upset that she was late since they were all just happy to see her again.

She had managed to convince Lauren to come along again - she had agreed but 'only because she wanted to hear the album'. They had bought a bottle of wine on their way as a joint present from the both of them. Katie and Breana greeted them both at the door and Olivia spotted Alex stood in the living room doorway sending her a small nod in greeting.

They were all sat on a large sofa in Alex's living room, waiting for the timer of the tv to hit 12. It was her first time in Alex's house and she was surprised at how the nice the decor was. There was only 15 minutes left and the tv was set to play the album as soon as it turned midnight.

She wasn't sure when but somewhere between then Olivia had fallen asleep, her head against Lauren's shoulder. She could feel her tired eyes growing heavy and she had thought that if she just rested them for ten minutes then when it was time to listen to the album she's be wide awake - instead she feel asleep.

"Should I wake her up?" Lauren asked them.

"Nah, let her sleep. The songs aren't going anywhere, she can just listen to them later." Alex told her and Lauren nodded in agreement. Even though he was talking to Lauren he wasn't looking at her, instead his eyes remained on Olivia. It was unfair for someone to look that perfect all of the time - even when sleeping. In the hopes of stopping his thoughts, which now consisted of waking up next to Olivia every morning, he looked away and back to the screen.

They all listened to the songs, those who hadn't heard all of them before audibly and visibly reacting with admiration and support. Everyone agreed that the album was amazing.

It was now 3 am, empty alcohol bottles and stale snacks left on the table, as everyone began to leave. Lauren looked over at Olivia (who midway through the album had switched to laying down with her head on Lauren's lap). "Hey Liv." Lauren whispered tapping her shoulder.

"Hmm." Olivia hummed.

"It's time to go." Lauren said softly.

Olivia's eyebrows furrowed though she didn't attempt to move or open her eyes, "what?" She murmured tiredly.

At this point Alex returned from saying goodbye to people at the door and it was only Lauren and Olivia left. "Sorry, she's just worn out from work."

"No need to apologise." Alex told her before crouching down so that he was face to face with Olivia, "Hey Olivia. You alright?"

Olivia groaned, "Five more minutes." She had only had two glasses of wine since arriving but that, along with being exhausted, caused her speech to be slurred and mumbled.

Alex laughed quietly before standing back up, noticing Lauren yawning. "Why don't you go home and Olivia can stay here for the night?", he suggested.

Lauren seemed to awaken at this, "Are you sure?"

Alex nodded, "Yeah you're tired yourself and I don't think she's going to be moving anytime soon." He said gesturing down at Olivia.

Lauren nodded gently moving away from under Olivia - though the girl quickly got comfortable again. "Okay, just tell her to call me tomorrow."

"Of course."

"Thanks for this, she's probably going to be really embarrassed in the morning so just make sure she doesn't feel bad."

Alex laughed and nodded, "Alright."

"Okay good." She sighed grabbing her coat and bag, "Thanks for having us. The album was really great - though I'm guessing you've been hearing that all night."

"Still nice to hear." He admitted.

Lauren nodded before bending down, "Bye Olivia." She whispered giving her a quick peck on the cheek. Then she smiled at Alex, "Thanks again." He just nodded in return before walking her to the door. He waited to make sure that she got into her taxi safely.

He went back to living room and grabbed the blanket, that Jamie and Katie were using, gently placing it over Olivia. He looked at her whilst trying to think of anything else he should get for her but he couldn't think of anything.

He was about to go to his bedroom but he turned back around, looking at her as she slept peacefully. He grabbed himself the blanket at the end of his bed before sitting down next to her on the sofa but on the other end to where she was.

He realised how confused she would be in the morning and wanted to make sure that he close by so that when she wakes up he'd know.

Olivia had woken up far earlier, and a lot more disoriented, than expected. It was practically impossible to see where she was due to it being pitch black so she fumbled around for her phone, which had fallen out of her pocket, turning it on to see that it was 6am. She was still insanely tired but she managed to remember where she was pretty quickly.

She sat up squinting her eyes before tip toeing over to the lamp in the corner of the room clicking it on.

She could now see Alex asleep, he was sat upright with his head tilted back resting on the back of the sofa. She smiled at him before grabbing her bag and taking out a pen and a small notebook, ripping out a page. 'Sorry for falling asleep and thanks for letting me stay. I know you don't do well with receiving recognition but do me a favour and deal with it. P.s. you drool in your sleep.' (He doesn't she just thought it would be funny to tease him). She placed the note on his coffee table before leaving.

As soon as she got home, she sat down and listened to the album.

She couldn't help but picture Alex as he sang - his voice forcing the image of him in her head. She thought it was an incredible album but as soon as it was done she went straight back to sleep. She and only slept for a couple of hours at Alex's and she still hadn't delay the jet lag off. When she woke up she saw she had a few missed messages and one missed call from Lauren.

Most of the messages were expected but she was surprised to see one from Alex - she guessed Katie had given him her number as a part of her plan. 'Should've known you'd be someone who'd leave in the middle of the night.'

She laughed when she read it, knowing it was a joke (though, unbeknownst to him there was some truth to it) - she was happy that she understood his sense of humour and that he was now joking with her instead of telling her to fuck off.

Whilst it was a joke Alex had to admit that he actually was disappointed when he woke up to find Olivia gone.

He was hoping that maybe she'd stay.

After coming to terms with his feelings he thought that spending the morning together would be a good time to get to know each other. Instead he had found her note and once he read it, laughing at the end, he had sent her the text. Katie had passed on Olivia's number a week ago for 'when he wanted to stop being a pussy and ask her out'.

Olivia smiled to herself as she replied, 'Had to go home and listen to the album, the anticipation was killing me and as much as it pains me to compliment you and boost your already enormous ego the album was truly phenomenal.'

Somehow her compliment meant more to him then everyone else's.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

11.2K 82 11
"alex turner one shots" requests are open! other socials: tumblr - yourstartreatment instagram - yourstartreatment tiktok - yourstartreatment
25.2K 465 30
"Anyway yes" he said "Anyway yes, what?" i asked "You look good on the dance floor" he replied When a group of girls goes to a pub to party nothing c...
49.7K 421 12
Just Alex Turner One Shot
246K 6.4K 73
Though she thought it might just be a normal work shift, Camille's life was soon to be flipped upside down when a certain band pay a visit to her pub...