š‘šžš ššš„ š†š«šššœšž

By JAEALIA

šˆ ššžšš¢šœššš­šž š¦š² š„š¢šŸšž, š“šØ š„šØšÆš¢š§š  š²šØš® š«š¢š š”š­. More

šœšØš©š²š«š¢š š”š­/šš¢š¬šœš„ššš¢š¦šžš«
šŸšššœšž šœš„ššš¢š¦š¬
š©š«šØš„šØš š®šž
šØš§šž
š­š°šØ
š­š”š«šžšž
šŸšØš®š«
šŸš¢šÆšž
š¬š¢š±
šžš¢š š”š­
š§š¢š§šž
š­šžš§
šžš„šžšÆšžš§
š­š°šžš„šÆšž
š­š”š¢š«š­šžšžš§

š¬šžšÆšžš§

8.8K 558 137
By JAEALIA

𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐈
Mahalia Reign Clark
22 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐥𝐝

—————————— ♥ ——————————

"Bitch I can't wait 'til I get my hands on you. On yo' fuckin' daughter imma kill you dumb ass bitch." Jamir spat through the other side of the phone. Mahalia's heart pounded as she blinked back tears. She tuned out the other vile and threatening things he was saying before she hung up.

Her breathing started to pick up as the tears dropped from her eyes. She didn't know why she answered the phone, but she wished that she didn't. Her hands began to shake and she started to hyperventilate. Images ran though her mind of the times when Jamir would put his hands on her. When he would choke her, stomp her out, and break her things. When he would punch her in the face and bruise her badly that she had to cake makeup on her face and arms anytime she left the house.

"I- I can't br-" She spoke to herself, breathlessly. This wasn't the first time that this happened to her. She didn't know what it was but she knew that it was always triggered by her abuser.

The tears continued to fall as she tried her hardest to ground herself and steady her breathing.

"Mama?" She heard her daughter's small voice and she looked up to see Mynazja walking into her bedroom. It was getting late so she didn't know why Nazja wasn't sleeping. Her big brown eyes had a sad look in them as she walked toward her mom. Nazja had seen this happen to her mom before and her two-year-old brain couldn't comprehend what was happening, but she could feel the emotions that her mom felt. She knew her mom was sad.

"I'm o-okay baby. It's a-alright." Mahalia's voice wavered while her chest heaved up and down. Mynazja climbed into bed next to her mom and wiped the tears from her cheeks.

"No sad mommy." Nazja said in a small voice, poking her lip out. She wrapped her small arms around her mother's torso, giving her a hug in an attempt to cheer her up. Mahalia sniffed before wiping the extra tears that had escaped. She tried her best to get her breathing under control before she had finally calmed down.

"Thank you baby." She said quietly. Her daughter was so loving and gentle and Mahalia cherished that about her the most. Her daughter witnessed abuse at a very young age, and yet she was still such a bright and amazing little girl. She was so resilient.

"No more sad?" Mynazja looked up at her mom from the hug and Mahalia shook her head no. "I'm not sad anymore. I'm happy because you're here." Mahalia gave her a small smile. "I love you."

"I luh you mommy." Nazja smiled back and Mahalia kissed her on her soft cheek. Mynazja rested beside her mother, slowly falling asleep while Mahalia's mind ran a mile a minute.

Whenever Jamir was allowed to have a phone call, majority of the time he used it to call her. She didn't know why because he never asked to speak to his daughter and he never asked about Mynazja's well-being. He always resorted to threatening Mahalia and calling her out of her name. He would wish death on her and say other hurtful things.

She didn't know why she kept answering because it was the same thing every time, but a part of her knew why. As much as she tried to make it seem like she and Mynazja were doing good without him, she was sad for her daughter. She was sad because her daughter deserved a good father.

She was sad because he referred to Mynazja as just her daughter as if he didn't help create her too. As if he wasn't a father to her as well.

In the beginning, Jamir was a great daddy to Nazja. He loved her, or she thought that he did, and Mynazja absolutely adored him. Nazja was a huge daddy's girl and now all of that was gone. Over.

Initially when Jamir first went to jail, Mynazja cried and cried for her father. She would always ask for him and it hurt Mahalia's heart. She felt like a horrible mom for sending her daughter's father to prison.

Deep down, a part of her knew that she always answered the phone for him because she hoped that he would change. She hoped that he would be better for Mynazja.

But the change never came. And that's what hurt the most.

—————————— ♥ ——————————

"Come on mami." Mahalia held her hand out to Mynazja who was looking around at all the people in line. Mynazja looked at her mom before grabbing her larger hand. They walked hand in hand into the rec center while Mahalia looked for the person who was coordinating the event.

The owner of the recreation center was having an event where they were giving back to the community. They had food, water, clothes, shoes, toys, and books that were being given for free to those in need.

Mahalia had always been the type of person to do something good for those in need. There were a lot of people out there, especially in Philly, who had it rough. She especially wanted to bring Mynazja to show her what it means to be kind and helpful towards those who need it. Although Nazja was very young, Mahalia felt like if she laid the foundation of kindness and compassion, then her daughter would pick up on those traits.

"Hii." Mahalia smiled when she came across a man with a shirt that said Volunteer on the back of it. When the man turned around, she recognized him as Siani's boyfriend from the cookout. "I'm here to volunteer but I don't know where to go." She told him.

"Oh um, you see him right there?" He pointed to a man with the same shirt on and Mahalia realized that it was the man that Mynazja bumped into at the cookout. She nodded her head, letting him know that she saw the man he was talking about. "He run the whole thing so he'a be able to help you out."

Mahalia thanked him before walking over to the familiar man. He was talking to some teenage boys who were also volunteers, and it looked like he was directing them on what to do.

"Excuse me." She spoke politely and he turned around, bringing his attention to her. His face was in its natural mug but when he realized it was her, a small smile lit his face.

"You stalking me a sum?" He asked playfully, his white teeth on display and Mahalia mirrored his smile before chuckling.

"You wish." She rolled her eyes jokingly. "But I'm actually here to volunteer. I didn't know where to go but someone pointed me in your direction." She looked down at Mynazja who became restless before picking her up and setting her on her hip.

"I appreciate you coming out 'cause we definitely need all the help we ca' get." He smiled. He took notice of Mynazja who laid her head on her mother's shoulder while staring at him. She gave him a shy wave before hiding her face in her mom's neck.

"Wassup pretty girl." He smiled, giving her a small wave back and she smiled. Mahalia gave him a smile as well. "You ca' follow me, though. I'll get you a volunteer shirt an' show you where you ca' help out at. Is that okay wit' you?" He asked.

"Of course. Like I said, I came to help." She told him and he nodded his head before leading the way to the cafeteria where there were a bunch of people getting food.

"Also, I never got your name." Mahalia said. They had bumped into each other twice before this, and she still couldn't put a name to the handsome face.

"Yaseer. What's yours ma?" He asked, looking her in her pretty brown eyes.

"Mahalia." She told him as they walked up to a bin full of volunteer shirts.

"That's a beautiful name fa' a beautiful woman." He licked his plump lips. Mahalia smiled, thanking him. His whole demeanor was charismatic and inviting. His smile was warm but charming, and it made him so much more attractive.

Sitting Mynazja down in a chair, Mahalia put the volunteer shirt on over her Milano Di Rouge jumpsuit. She picked Nazja back up before following Yaseer to the other volunteers in the cafeteria.

"Ard so this is where we making plates and handing out food. All you have ta' do is ask if they have any allergies and if they don't, jus' put everything on the plate. You ca' also put food in containers if they don't plan on staying long or if they have kids or anybody at home who needs food." He told her, showing her the plates and containers.

Mahalia looked at the food as her mouth slightly watered. She didn't expect it to be so high quality. It smelled and looked amazing that she wanted a plate for herself. Yaseer noticed how she was looking and chuckled a little.

"It look good right?" He asked and she nodded.

"I didn't expect it to be so high quality. You know usually at events like these, you get what you get and it's not always the best." She wasn't trying to be rude or anything because giving back to the community was always a blessing, but usually when people gave out food it didn't look, smell, or taste the best.

"Shit, you not lying. I hire chefs whenever I do this 'cause some of these people that show up here don't have food at home. This could be the only time they'll eat fa' the whole day so I jus' wanna make it count." He shrugged. Times were hard for people, especially because of the pandemic. Inflation was at a high and people were struggling.

Mahalia smiled. She loved people who cared about their community. She liked being surrounded by good-hearted people who shared the same values that she did. Although she didn't know this man from a can of paint, she could tell just how much he cared about other people. She had done many things from volunteering at the hospital to donating clothes that she and Mynazja couldn't fit to foster homes. Hearing Yaseer speak a little about his community was refreshing.

"Do you do this often? You seem passionate about it." The smile never left her face as she looked at his pretty features. She had never really taken interest into any man, whether that be physically or emotionally, since Jamir but Yaseer was very attractive.

"I am passionate about it, fa'sure. If you didn't kno', I own this center and a couple others around the city. I didn't have the best past nor childhood, but that's the reason why I do what I do. A lot of the people in the city got it rough and I jus' wanna help 'em. It's a lot of young kids out on the streets that jus' need somebody to care about them and that's the person I want ta' be for them." He told her truthfully.

"Well I think what you're doing is very amazing and kind-hearted. I think a lot of people will appreciate you for everything that you're doing if they don't already." She said and he gave her a sweet smile.

"I appreciate that. Next weekend I'm opening up the pool for the kids an' I'm having a ice cream truck come out. Maybe you an' baby girl can pop out?" He nodded his head toward Mynazja who was basically falling asleep on her mother's hip.

"Yeah, maybe. I'll have to check my schedule." She said playfully and Yaseer chuckled before shaking his head.

"I'll be hoping to see you. You cool to work this area?" He asked, noticing all the people that had arrived and it looked like the other volunteers needed some help.

"Of course, thank you for helping me out." She told him.

"Nah thank you for coming out and volunteering. I gotta get back ta' work but like I said, I hope ta' see you next weekend." He told her and she smiled before nodding her head.

As he walked away, the smile never left Mahalia's face.

—————————— ♥ ——————————

"Say you're welcome mami." Mahalia told Nazja who had just handed a plate to a young woman.

"Welcome!" She said excitedly and Mahalia chuckled.

"She's so beautiful." The woman complimented. smiling at the pretty little girl.

"Thank you." Mahalia smiled back before serving the next person in line.

She had been doing this for a little over an hour now and the food was almost gone. She allowed Mynazja to help her out a little and she turned it into a little game for her.

"Mama, I give them food a-and plates." Mynazja looked at her mom from the chair she sat in and smiled.

"Good job baby, I'm so proud of you." Mahalia leaned down, kissing her cheek before putting food on the next plate. Mynazja wore a huge grin on her face, loving her mom's praise and affection.

It wasn't long before all the food was gone and Mahalia, along with other volunteers, were bringing out more aluminum pans from the kitchen. She was glad that they had a lot of food because she would feel horrible if she had to turn people away.

She continued to serve the people, often making short conversation with them. She learned that most of the people she talked to were unemployed and just trying to get by. A lot of them had kids. A lot of them were kids. There were people she spoke with who were struggling with substance abuse among other things.

She didn't judge them because she knew how hard life could hit you. It wasn't her place to judge, but she did find her heart heavy for them. It hurt to see others struggling when she was once in their shoes. She didn't struggle financially and she didn't struggle with substance abuse, but she did struggle with domestic violence and depression.

She was glad that her life had turned around for the better. She still had her struggles, but she had her baby girl and she made everything better.

"Mami you sleepy?" Mahalia looked down at Nazja whose eyes were slowly closing. She had been tired much more lately because for some reason she was having restless nights. She would cry when it was bedtime and wouldn't fall asleep, not even if Mahalia was right there with her. Mahalia tried to refrain from giving her melatonin because she didn't want her to get used to taking them before bed, but she felt like if this continued then she would have to start.

"No mommy." Nazja shook her head, but it was clear that she was tired. Mahalia shook her head at her daughter's lies before taking off the gloves that she wore. She had been volunteering for a couple hours now, and while she wish she could stay to continue to help, she didn't want to keep Mynazja out for too long.

"Come on baby." She picked her up and Mynazja head immediately rested on her shoulder. She walked around, trying to find Yaseer. When she finally spotted him near the area where they were giving away shoes, she walked up to him. He spotted her before she could say anything.

"Wassup ma? Everything cool?" He questioned.

"Yeah, I was just about to leave. I have to get her home but I wanted to let you know just in case you wanted to send someone to replace me." She told him and he nodded his head.

"I appreciate you letting me kno'. I'll send somebody over there now, but thank you again for helping out. I hope you an' lil mama enjoy the rest of y'all evening." He gave her a friendly smile.

"Thank you." Mahalia smiled at him before leaving, heading toward her car.

—————————— ♥ ——————————

Mahalia pulled out the zebra pajamas from Mynazja's drawer before sitting them on her bed. She had just got done giving Nazja a bath and was now moisturizing her skin and getting her all dressed.

"Mama, we watch tv?" Nazja asked. She had slept for a bit when they intially arrived home, so she was wide awake at the moment. Mahalia nodded her head yes before guiding the way to the living room.

She turned on Shrek and grabbed a couple blankets from the closet before setting them out on the couch. She rested next to her daughter and focused in on the movie.

𝐌𝐎𝐌💖

Goodnight from me and Nazja🥰

My baby is so adorable and precious😊💖🙏🏾❤️Goodnight my loves😴😘

—————————— ♥ ——————————

𝐀/𝐍:

𝐈 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐚 & 𝐘𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫😭𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐈 𝐮𝐧𝐩𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐨𝐠𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐝.

𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐫𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐲🤷🏾‍♀️

𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐉𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐫'𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐌𝐚𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐚? 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧? 𝐃𝐨 𝐲'𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐡𝐞'𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫?

𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐍𝐚𝐳𝐣𝐚'𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐞? 𝐈𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐌𝐚𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐚 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐬?

𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐘𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐫 & 𝐌𝐚𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐚 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐞

𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐌𝐲𝐧𝐚𝐳𝐣𝐚'𝐬 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞 & 𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐢𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧. 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐬 (𝐦𝐢𝐧-𝐨𝐳-𝐣𝐮𝐡) 𝐢𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐞? 𝐈𝐝𝐤, 𝐲'𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐲'𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭.

𝐕𝐨𝐭𝐞 & 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭!

𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

833K 39.4K 37
i have waited lifetimes to find you.
7.3K 254 7
š—” šŸ®šŸ¬ š—¬š—²š—®š—æ š—¢š—¹š—± š—šš—¶š—暝—¹ š—Ŗš—¼š—暝—øš˜€ š—œš—» š—” š—•š—®š—øš—²š—暝˜† š—”š—»š—± š—” š—šš—暝—¼š˜‚š—½ š—¢š—³ š—•š—¼š˜†š˜€ š—Ŗš—®š—¹š—ø š—œš—»š˜š—¼ š—§š—µš—² š—•š—®š—øš—²š—暝˜†, š—Ŗš—µš—®š˜ ļæ½...
151K 11.3K 23
"šš‚šššš›ššŽššŽšš š™½***ššŠššœ šš—ššŽššŽšš šš•šš˜ššŸššŽ ššŠšš—šš ššŠššššššŽššŒšššš’šš˜šš— šššš˜šš˜."
732K 35.4K 66
Definitely wouldnt read, buttttttt .... Together they navigate through the treacherous shadows of love. -Liloandrice