Made of Steel

By Clau_Llerena

Cassandra left her fiancé standing at the altar a few minutes before the wedding and left to Italy. Two years... More

Prologue: I'll make you pay
1. I found you
2. The perfect wife
3. Dreaming awake
4. I've made my decision
5. Signs of Destiny
6. Be careful what you wish for
7. Marry me
8. I do
9. Meeting and conditions
10. Past, present and future
12. Keeping a promise
13. I have the power
14. Wedding
15. Unknown Sensations
16. Desire
17. Confused
18. The wedding gift
19. Touch the Sky
20. Gift is here
21. Happy New Year
22. Rage
23. You are mine
24. Wife of lies
25. You fell in love with him
26. My wife
27. The witch is here
28. My cross and my new hobby
29: Woman of Steel
30. Surprises
31. Ice Moon
32. The best player
33. Worried
34. Valentine's Day
35. Mommy
36. Mine
37. Crisis
38. Goodbye to witch's curse
39. Asshole Surgeon
40. Ups and downs
41. I'm in trouble
42. I love you
43. Broken Inside
44. We are done
45. Getting rid of the harpy
46. Pregnant and kidnapped
47. Collapse
48. What once united us, no longer exists
49. Anger and Frustration
50. Ours
51. Secrets and accidents
52. Coma
53. My Man of Steel
54. I need her
55. I'm yours
56. Meeting with the enemy
57. Where are you, Adriano?
58. Fear
59. A bedtime story
Epilogue. Made of Steel

11. It's show time

137 5 0
By Clau_Llerena

Cassandra Reid

I finish adjusting gold straps on my shoes while my friend touches up my hairstyle.

"Ready", she concludes, examining me from top to bottom. "You are terrific. Your Italian has good taste in clothes."

I take in the way the dress hugs my discreet curves like a second skin. The green emerald color highlights my eyes of the same tone and golden details make a spectacular and exclusive design.

"Yes", I agree, "it's beautiful."

"The bouncers have been waiting at the door for more than half an hour", my other roommate announces, rushing in. However, looking at me he freezes. "Wow... Cassie, you're..."

“Say it”, Leah urges, “spectacular falls short.

"Hell yeah!", he snorts. "Simply perfect. Are you really going to marry Adriano Di Lauro? Forgive me for asking again for thousandth time, but I still find it incredible."

"Believe me, Romeo", I give him a half smile, "I find it hard to believe it too..., but yes, I will be the next Italy's bride"

"This is all very strange, Cassandra Reid". The resident is not a goofy hair and of course, he has not believed the story that I have known my future husband for some time. "However, I will not ask you more. You will have your reasons for not telling me."

"Thank you, Romeo". I lean in to kiss his cheek. "You really make justice to your name."

"Only with you, hot woman", he clarifies with her usual jocular tone. "I still keep my hopes up. The Man of Steel is a strong opponent, but not impossible to beat."

"It is not necessary that you compete with him", I indicate to play along, "In my heart there will always be a space for you."

"Oh, my Gosh", he puts a hand to her chest tragically, "you've already killed me. And so you expect me to give up on you? That's never going to happen."

"Stop the clowning and let her go, she's late", my best friend reprimands him, pointing his hairbrush at him. The image is very funny.

"It is customary for the bride to be late."

"You're right...", I confirm, "but on wedding day, not the engagement party."

"Then don't keep your Italian waiting any longer."

At the exit of the apartment I am greeted by three men in suits, who lead me to a luxury BMW van.

'Like if I was the first lady', I huff to myself.

Despite the short distance, the trip seems eternal to me. I'm nervous, because now there is no turning back.

As soon as I get out of this vehicle, I have to smile from ear to ear and pretend to be the most in love woman in the world.

"You're late", my fiancé tells me as soon as I get out of the car.

"I'm sorry."

How can I tell him being on time is not one of my qualities?

He doesn't say anything else, he just reaches out his arm to me, as if he were about to walk down the aisle and not climb the steps of his mansion.

I take a deep breath before accepting his offer and heading out together.

He doesn't give me time to analyze the mansion in detail, as he leads me directly into the backyard of the mansion. However, a quick look is enough to impress me and when I arrive at the place where the party seems to be taking place, I am stunned.

Floral arrangements in white, green and gold along with ribbons, fabrics and other decorations of the same color. It's amazing how they match perfectly with my outfit. Christmas light curtains and marble railings complete the look of decoration.

I've always lived in luxury, but this... completely exceeds my expectations.

"Ready?", the Italian asks next to me.

"No, but I can't scape. So let's get this over with."

As we walk to the group where his parents are, I lean my weight into his grip and flash my best smile.

"You finally show up", a blonde woman speaks when we arrive, paying full attention to my companion. "We thought you were lost in your own home."

The rest of the Group laughs at the comment while I hold on to Adriano's arm even more.

I can't help but think about my life two years ago. I hate high society with its fake smiles and world of appearances. Now I see myself wrapped up in it once more. I guess no matter how hard you run, you can't escape fate.

"I had business to attend to", the host explains. "Also, I was waiting for my honor guest to make a grand entrance."

"The Man of Steel cannot go unnoticed", comments a gray-haired man with an amused tone.

"Not even if I wanted to", Adriano adds. "Let me introduce you my date tonight, Dr. Cassandra Reid."

"Doctor?", asks the same gentleman as before. That's when I notice everyone's curious eyes, including the rest of the guests around us.

'All right, Cassie, it's show time.'

"Pediatrician, to be exact", I clarify. "Good night to all."

"It's a pleasure to meet you", the anciano is the first to greet me with a delicate handshake. "Gio Fabri."

"Aero lines Fabri's President?". Although I launch the question, I don't leave my confident expression. I am aware that they are currently developing a profile on me.

"That's correct"

"Well, pleasure is all mine, Mr. Fabri", I argue before going on to meet his wife.

When I run into the blonde, she stares at me carefully with intrigue. The way she examines me with her eyes is just too weird.

"Have we seen each other before?", she asks with a forced smile. It's a fact: she doesn't like me. "Your face looks familiar to me."

"I could say the same thing", I comment, "but I don't think we've run into each other before, at least not in person."

"Surely you've seen me in some article", girl alludes with a suggestive expression. I don't know why, but I have a feeling that her next words won't be to my liking. "I'm Carina Fabri, a close friend of Di Lauro family, especially Adriano's", she adds with a very suggestive smile. I don't look away from the woman, however, I can feel tension in the Italian's muscles next to me. "We work together and we often get public attention."

"The press loves rumors", another man intervenes whom I recognize as Federico Di Lauro, the father of my future husband. "How are you Cassandra?"

"Very well, Mr. Di Lauro, thank you", I answer, surprised by his question.

He has called me on a first name basis... That only leads me to one question: Will he know about his son's plans?

'From the look on her face I can deduce he does'

"Hello, dear", intercedes his wife. "I'm glad to see you."

'And Adriano's mother too!'

"Me to madam."

"Cassie!"

We are interrupted by two kids's scream and from one moment to another, I have them clinging to my legs. They throw themselves at me with a force that forces me to hold on to my partner so I won't fall.

"You've come! You've come!", The little girl exclaims euphorically.

"Dad said you would come, but I didn't believe him", her brother adds.

"Did he?", I ask looking at their father out of the corner of my eye. He looks back at me with a discreet smile. "Well, here I am."

"Will you stay?", The children continue talking while the rest remain silent. "I want to show you my play room."

"And teach you how to play FIFA!". It seems both of them compete for my attention.

"Where do you know each other from?", fake blonde asks with a suspicious attitude.

"Cassie cured Fede's tummy", Stella answers. "She is my friend."

"And she gave me mark of Zorro", my former patient jumps out.

"Cassandra is the children's Pediatrician", Mrs. Di Lauro explains.

"Do you want to play with us?". Both little ones show the cutest little faces I've ever seen.

I don't hesitate to bend down to talk to them. "I can't right now, but I promise we'll do it later, okay?"

"If you'll excuse us". Adriano doesn't hesitate to pull me toward him and guide me toward the gazebo in garden's center. He doesn't even need to say a word to get the attention of his guests, because as soon as we position ourselves in front of them, we become the center of attention. "Good evening and thank you all for coming. For those of you who do not know my beautiful guest, I present to you Cassandra Reid, the woman who conquered both my children and me with a simple look."

Contrary to what I expected, the crowd fell into the deepest silence. There are no murmurs, no exclamations; only stunned looks and even the children seem enthralled with the scene.

"A few months ago we started dating without having any idea of ​​what our relationship would become", he continues telling the love story we both created. "Today, I have no doubts you are the perfect woman for me, nor that there is no better mother in the world for my children. That's why".

Slowly, he removes the tiny box from the inside pocket of his jacket, then opens it, exposing the spectacular diamond ring.

“I want to make you my wife. Cassandra Reid". I don't know why I'm not surprised by the fact that she doesn't even attempt to kneel. As false as the story is, romanticism is not something that characterizes the Man of Steel. "marry me."

In the distance I hear muffled moans followed by several whispers. I guess it was a matter of time.

My eyes meet the blue of his and I swallow hard before answering: "Yes, I do."

Cards are drawn, I have already sealed my fate.

There's a round of applause as he places the ring on my finger and then gives me a short kiss on my lips, which I barely have time to take in due to a string of congratulations from the guests.

I thank each one of them without letting myself smile, however, the smile freezes when I recognize the voice that calls me.

"Cassandra!"

I turn on my feet towards the source of the sound to face the harsh reality.

'This is impossible'

"Dad?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 123 20
"Stay away from me, don't talk to me except if it is about my son or about something very important. And lastly don't fall in love with me" he said "...
47.5K 1.1K 48
A story of Lucia Torres a young 20 year old girl who, was forced into a marriage. can she live through a marriage, where only one family will benef...
203K 5.1K 35
Hailey Baxter signed a marriage contract with Xavier Anderson, billionaire of Anderson Inc, as she needed money to pay for her mother's hospital bill...
18.6M 527K 72
Previously known as Married to my sister's fiancé "Are you......Emily Jones? The biological daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Jones?" The lawyer asked and I n...