Unnoticeable Potential - [ Bl...

By Ruiroo_Egaoni

[ "Ugh, this looks awful. Wonder if this will impress Saeki-sensei..." ] This is a story about a person who d... More

Author's Introduction! + Y/n
Vol.1, 01: The Serious of Drawing
01.5: The Serious of Drawing
02: A Waste of Time Use For Rest and Peace
03: New Member? More New Art to See!
03.5: New Member? More New Art to See!
04: Genius
Not a Chapter!
Vol. 2, 05: Gifts & Goodbyes
06: Actually Met a Terrifying Person?
07: The Ranking
08: The Impatient One

Special Birthday Chapter

265 12 3
By Ruiroo_Egaoni

Special Birthday Chapter

-----------------------------------------------------------

Today is such a beautiful day as it is school day, classes are about to start and so everybody starts going to their seats to wait for their lesson. Y/n was drawing a flower, to represent the beautiful cherry blossom as he made it bloom. Although the tree isn't there to bloom anymore, Y/n pictured it so he has no problem waiting for it anymore.

After the class was finally over, Y/n stretched out his arms and took a nap for a bit. Leaving his sketchbook on the table. A certain person was glancing at him with a hand on the cheek. Yaguchi Yatora.

[ So it's finally here, huh? Y/n-kun's birthday. ], Yatora thought while looking at him. Should he hang out with him on lunch break later? Or should he let Yuka handle it instead? And so he thought about giving a present to him as a friend.

--

When the lessons were finished, it was lunch break. Y/n brought his sketchbook and a pencil along, planning to buy a coffee through the vending machine and find a lonely bench to sit on. Yatora quickly turned his head to the leaving friend, forgetting to ask him for a hang out. He ran immediately over to him,

Noticing Yuka approaching Y/n, she was asking if she could hang out with him. He nods his head as a gesture of a yes and so she happily followed him along, making Yatora sweatdropped. He tried catching up on them.

They chatted while walking their way to where Y/n usually bought his coffee at the vending machine, Yuka only let out a smile to her best friend.

[ Why does he seem so chill today? Don't tell me he has forgotten about his own birthday. There is no way...right? ], her smile was then twitched while nervously sweatdropping.

They sat on the bench together, of course Y/n went back to his drawing which made Yuka annoyed about it. The sketchbook is like a bad addiction to Y/n since he always carries it around him everywhere. She wants to snatch it so bad, but it is his birthday today so she didn't want to ruin his moment.

[ "Y/n-kun, isn't it bad to draw everyday? I heard that if you draw for how many hours, your eyes can be strained pretty badly and get shaky hands. Well like, painful hands after a rest" ], Yuka told his best friend.

-----------------------------------------------------------

[ "So enough drawing for today?" ], she tilted her head with a smile on her face.

[ But this whole time. I never gotten anything like what Yuka-san said just now... ]. She sighed, knewing what her best friend is thinking about. She tried threatening him a bit.

[ "You never know that a miracle of bad luck will happen to you to draw for hours, do you want that to happen to you?" ], she asked making Y/n flinched.

Y/n repeatedly nods as he puts away the sketchbook and drinks his coffee, she lets out a small sigh out of relief afterwards. Yuka started asking an important question to him,

[ "Y/n-kun, do you know what day it is for today?" ]. Y/n looked at her,

[ "Uhm. Tuesday?" ], he answered and sipped the coffee. Yuka was startled in shock. Could not believe that Y/n even forgot about his own birthday! Surprise or not to be surprised about it, I guess Y/n doesn't take interest on his birthday and so he lets himself forget about it. Or maybe his family doesn't celebrate birthdays?

Y/n did talk about his parents being busy all the time, she only remembered Y/n taking his little brother out to celebrate his B/n birthday. Surely, he already got used to remembering the little brother's only.

[ "Ha...idiot." ], she mumbled quietly and turned her head in the opposite direction with an annoying expression.

[ "Eh? Have I done something wrong to you, Yuka-san?..." ], Y/n with a worried expression. What could Y/n have done to Yuka? He thought and thought as he overthinks, panicking even more. She noticed about it and immediately reassured him, leading Y/n to calm down a bit.

[ That was dangerous...I almost ruined his day. ], she thought while exhaled out of relief. Continuing their chat, Yatora suddenly was in front of them with an item in his hand.

[ "Y/n-kun." ], Yatora called making Y/n reacted faster as the h/c looked at his friend with a nervous smile. The sudden appearance almost gave him a heart attack,

[ "Happ--mhm?!" ]. She quickly shuts Yatora's mouth off and laughs it out to a now stunned Y/n,

[ "It's nothing, Y/n-kun! He was gonna say a bad word to you so I cut it off just so you will not hear it..." ]. She answered, lying to his best friend of course. Yatora's face went shocked as he struggled to get her hands off of his mouth, how dare her. Y/n then was horrified to hear about that, trembling in fear.

[ "...Is that true, Yaguchi-san?" ], he asked. Yuka glared at Yatora, whispering something closely to him.

[ "Just lie to him." ], Yatora got the message and let out a small stutter to his friend.

[ "Y. Yeah! Forgive me for that, Y/n-kun!" ], he apologized which Y/n sweatdroppingly nodded at him. Plastering a smile. After all of that, they changed to different topics and continued their hang out together till lunch break is over.

--

While they walked through the hallways, Y/n wanted to write ideas in his small notebook. So he took it out of his pocket and a pen, writing stuff on top of the sketchbook. Yatora and Yuka only looked at him quietly as she got annoyed. Snatching his notebook instead, Y/n blinked in surprise and turned his head over to Yuka.

[ "From now, we will visit your house. Right, Yatora?" ], she smiled.

[ "Huh? Ow!--...Uhm, yeah! What did you say just now?" ], Yatora at first wasn't paying attention much and received a hit by her elbow. Whispering at Yuka,

[ "We're visiting to celebrate, you idiot." ]. She answered back, an irk mark then popped on Yatora's forehead. Y/n look at them with confused eyes, wondering what they are whispering about since he clearly couldn't hear them talking to each other.

The bell then rings and all the students go back to their own classrooms. Y/n asked his best friend if he could take his notebook back, she let out a smile and shook her head on not going to give it back till the end of the day. Receiving a startled Y/n as he nodded back with a sweatdropped smile.

[ ...Well that's bad. ].

-----------------------------------------------------------

After the final period had ended and some went to their clubs, Y/n was on his way to the Art club while holding his Art materials around.

[ What should I draw today? A dark painting? Oh. Maybe I should try that one viral video my classmate recommended me to watch which it took my interest to try. A sand mixed with paints? Let's draw a beach! ], Y/n thought while smiling excitedly. His eyes sparkle as he speeds his walk.

When he opened the door, he saw everyone stopped talking to each other in a second after seeing Y/n walked in. He gave a nervous smile and greeted everyone,

[ "Hello..." ]. There was at first a silent moment in the room, but it then went back to being loud as they brightly smiled at Y/n.

[ "Hey Y/n-kun!" ][ "Hi!!" ][ "You look great today, Y/n" ], with all of those said. Y/n dazed a bit, what are these talks? He never saw his club members being this talkable to him. It made him suspicious about it, today is weird for him.

[ "Ah...L/n-san. Have you thought about drawing anything today?" ], Saeki asked with an arm on her chin. Y/n nodded,

[ "Yes, I want to draw a beach today. I got an idea from a viral video, to mix sand with paint!" ]. She smiled at her student,

[ "Hm~ Good idea. Did you bring any sand to mix with?" ]. She asked again, receiving a flinch from the student. He nervously chuckled and slowly shook his head as a gesture of a no,

[ "Don't worry, L/n-san. I have it in the storage room. Coincidentally. ]. Saeki said making Y/n even more surprised.

[ "Is it really okay?" ], she nodded in reply. He let out a small smile and went to the storage room to get what he needed,

[ I guess Saeki-sensei really does have anything in here. That's amazing... ]. He thought.

Saeki then glanced at Yuka as she gave a thumbs up to the student, it was all planned out by Yuka. Since Y/n's best friend took his notebook, she looked to see the current idea of Y/n is to draw a beach with sand + paint. But she noticed that Y/n didn't have any sand out of just from her guess, so she asked her teacher if there was any. The answer is of course: yes, Saeki do have it.

--

On to the painting progress, Y/n was putting sand in the paint as he mixed it with a palette knife. Everyone only looked at what he was trying to draw due to their curiosity on seeing Y/n doing new stuff,

[ Since I am going to be drawing a beach. Let's try to paint the water without sand and the sand paint for the yellow sand! And for the people, hm...maybe normal paint too. Let's start with a sketch...all right, I have to be careful of where I will be painting the people at. And the white sand paint is going to be the waves! Let's make it as simple as possible. ]. Flowers grew everywhere around Y/n as he gently painted his canvas with the satisfied crunchy paint spreading on it. Happy on this new idea, thanks to his classmate for giving the video.

[ "Hm. Not bad. Just...maybe more colourful paints should work out the people swimming around the sea. Let's make the sea shine a bit around here. Oh! How ab..." ], while he is babbling a lot of his ideas. Yuka stared at him with a smile on her face, this will surely make his day even better now.

[ "Yuka-san." ], Saeki called making Yuka eye widened and turning her head to the teacher.

[ "Now that Y/n is happy on his own, let's focus on your work instead of staring at him?" ], Yuka chuckled as she slowly went back to her own place.

[ Now all I have to do, is surprise Y/n-kun. ].

--

When Y/n finally got his notebook back from Yuka, they walked together to head over to Y/n's house. Of course, Yatora joined them.

[ I'll cook something for them. And I forgot to clean my room!! Hopefully little B/n can distract them for a bit. ], Y/n thought as he sweatdropped. Yuka and Yatora glanced at each other, nodding on their plan for Y/n's birthday.

They were now in front of the entrance door, opening the door knob. Y/n greeted his home happily,

[ "I am home!" ]. The loud running thumps were becoming even more louder and closer as his little brother came at him with a hug. Y/n gladly accepted it back,

[ "Welcome back, Y/n-niisan!" ]. The little brother said,

[ Cute... ]. They thought of his little brother.

They went inside as Y/n insisted them to sit in the living room for a moment, they sat and looked around the place. Seeing a lot of pictures, paintings and lots of paper works on random small tables.

[ "B/n, is mother and father home?" ], Y/n asked. Receiving a no from the little brother, Y/n sighed.

[ I am guessing that they will be back by 3 or 4 o' clock in the morning. That's understandable. ], he thought while his eyes turned a bit soulless. Enlighten them back. He glanced at his two friends,

[ "Please wait while I clean my room. You can have a talk with my little brother if you want. You don't have any homework today, right little B/n?" ]. He let out a small smile, the little brother then nodded.

[ "Yep! Of course. I want to know your friends, Y/n-niisan!" ], he chuckled as he walked upstairs to his room.

They then started standing up and doing their plans, making the little brother confused.

[ "Ah. We are making a surprise for his birthday today. Wanna celebrate your big brother's birthday too?" ], Yatora said. The little brother's eyes brightened, excitedly nodding his head. He never once celebrated Y/n's birthday nor anyone's before instead of his own.

Setting up the decorations, Yuka secretly brought a cake from her big bag which Y/n didn't want to ask. He thought it was filled with Art supplies.

-----------------------------------------------------------

As Y/n walks down the stair after that mess in his room had been cleaned up, he sighs.

[ "Ha...all right guys, I'll cook y--" ], he cut his talk when he opened his eyes widened. Seeing a lot of decorations around the living room, it was colourful to see.

[ "That's the fastest cleaning ever, he came down a bit too early for this..." ], Yatora with his sweatdropped smile. But Yuka ignored that and wished him a happy birthday,

[ "Happy birthday, Y/n-kun!" ].

[ "Happy birthday, Y/n-niisan!!" ].

They all wished his birthday together, Y/n wanted to drop a tear for this. So today was his birthday? He let out a laugh as he forgot about it. How silly of him.

[ "Uh...everyone. Thank you. Now that th--" ][ "Oh come on Y/n-kun, you haven't cut the cake yet for us to finish the celebration. Here, I bought you a cheesecake." ], she pulled him and got him to sit down in front of the gorgeous cake. His favourite.

He blew the candles and cut the cake, receiving a lot of happy screams. They ate the piece after cutting it.

[ "This cheesecake...where did you buy it, Yuka-san?" ], Y/n with his eyes sparkly shined while eating the cake. She answered,

[ "I bought the cheesecake at your usual favourite cake shop. The Brasserie Viron." ].

[ "Oh...Have I told you that before or..." ][ "Yes. You told me." ], he nervously smiled as he continued eating.

--

Y/n glanced through the clock to see that it is almost going to be 1 o' clock in the morning. He let out a small gasped and told Yuka and Yatora that they should leave, it's not the weekend yet for them to stay late.

They nodded and got ready to leave, quickly cleaning up the place for Y/n and opened the door. Waving their hands to Y/n, he waved back to them with a small smile. Leaving his house as they closed the door knob afterwards, Y/n looks to see his little brother was already asleep soundly. He carried his little brother to his own room and placed him gently. Tucking his blanket as he closed the lights and went out.

[ Today was great...it's been a long time since I've had these kind of celebrations before. Oh right, sensei would celebrate my birthday every year. How could've I forgotten about that...damn. ], he curses to himself for forgetting one of his memories with Y/n's old mentor. He couldn't forgive himself after that,

[ Let's draw a bunch of themes. I've wasted too much time for today. Forgive me, sensei... ]. He thought as he hold his tears,

[ "Now let's start with the canvas painting. Maybe a dead tree..." ]. He said continuing more of his ideas, Y/n didn't slept till morning. He had been drawing and drawing more, but surprisingly, he doesn't feel sleepy. After all, those powerful brand coffee would hype him up all day long.

--

[ "Good morning, Yuka-san." ], he said to the tired one. She turned her head to him,

[ "Good morning...how are you motivated today...?" ]. She asked tiredly in shock. Her best friend let out a chuckle and didn't want to tell Yuka about the coffee brand that he mysteriously bought or else it'll get taken away from her,

[ "...drawings. I stayed up all night to draw." ]. He answered like it couldn't surprise Yuka enough which she sighed. Frustrated by this,

[ "Anyways...let's take a walk together. I am too tired for a big conversation today so make it short..." ]. He nodded in reply and walked with Yuka through the hallways.

[ "Oh. Yuka-san." ], he called making her stop walking and glanced at him back.

[ "Thank you for yesterday. I enjoyed it. It's been a long time since I celebrate my own birthday. So thank you." ], he thanked her with a bright smile which affected Yuka's tiredness. Stunned by it, she smiled back.

[ "You're welcome. Next time, come celebrate back my birthday too. You know my favourites hm?" ], he nervously let out a laugh.

[ "Sure! I'll take that note just for you, Yuka-san." ].

As it is finally club time for every students, Y/n and Yuka walked their way to the Art room. When Y/n opened the door slide handle, the crowd went silent like yesterday. Receiving loads of smiles again.

[ "Oi Y/n-kun, did you forget to invite us to the party? I was looking forward to it..." ], the club member said with the others who also got uninvited nodded.

[ But I didn't know my birthday was yesterday... ], Y/n sweatdropped as he smiles back at them.

With that, he has gotten tons of gift from his friends and the club member's. He felt, happy by this. The feeling of getting so much love other than his old teacher's.

[ "Everyone...thank you!" ].

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hello! Today is L/n Y/n's birthday! Well mine, but you know, Y/n doesn't have an official date since you readers have different birthdays so I didn't want to put it in. But it's my birthday and so Y/n's birthday will be the same as me because why not? 🥳💕

Also happy birthday to my favourite artist, Mafumafu! 🎉🎉

Thank you for all of those votes! I am happy to get them so much, really happy. So seriously, thank you so much!

The next chapter will soon be published after the 18th has passed. So it will be at 12 am in my country! There are going to be 1 chapter at a time till Saturday since it's a special day for you readers. I didn't get to post 3 of them at once due to not have a lot of time to finish writing them. ^^;

~

18/10

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106 5 5
Hirito is a 2nd year student at Sumey High School. He is an average student. He lives at a boarding house near the school. He left the student dorms...
260K 9.5K 54
{[Warning: manga spoilers]} The students have finally graduated UA and are continuing their good work as some of the top heroes in the world. A slic...
16K 410 13
Handa Seishuu [半田 清舟] , a 23 year old calligrapher, who was sent into a remoted island for punching a famous critic. As someone who has never lived...