The Secret Heiress | ✔️

By Mystery_Angel6

---▪︎ A Wattpad featured story ▪︎--- Twelve years ago, an incident changed my life. I was sent to London by m... More

𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎
1 | 𝙻𝚊𝚍𝚢 𝙱𝚘𝚜𝚜
2 | 𝙿𝚊𝚠𝚗 𝚃𝚘 𝚂𝚞𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚜
3 | 𝙷𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚂𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝙷𝚘𝚖𝚎
4 | 𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚎 𝙾𝚏 𝙼𝚢 𝙴𝚡𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎
5 | 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙲𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚗
6 | 𝙻𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝚎𝚝
7 | 𝙳𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗
𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝙰𝚐𝚘
8 | 𝚂𝚎𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚞𝚗𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚎𝚢𝚎𝚜
9 | 𝚆𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎
10 | 𝚂𝚔𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚝
𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝙰𝚐𝚘
11 | 𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑 𝙰𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚊𝚛𝚢
12| 𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑 𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚎
13 | 𝙱𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚜 𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚒-𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚎
14 | 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚈𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚝 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚢
𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙸𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝
15 | 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛
16 | 𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚍 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚠𝚜
17 | 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙲𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊 𝚊 𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍𝚜
18 | 𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞
20 | 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚌 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚎
21 | 𝙲𝚊𝚗 𝙸 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝚁𝚢𝚜𝚘𝚗?
22 | 𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚢𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚎𝚋
23 | 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠
24 | 𝚂𝚝𝚘𝚕𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚏𝚊𝚟𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚢
25 | 𝙹𝚊𝚌𝚞𝚣𝚣𝚒 𝚊𝚙𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚢
26 | 𝚄𝚗𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚊𝚗𝚢
27 | 𝙺𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚘𝚔𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜
28 | 𝙳𝚛𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚒𝚗 𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜
29 | 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕
30 | 𝙼𝚊𝚍𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚍𝚍𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗
31 | 𝚂𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚢𝚊𝚕
32 | 𝚄𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎
33 | 𝙱𝚎𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛
34 | 𝙻𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚕 𝚠𝚎𝚊𝚙𝚘𝚗
35 | 𝙻𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚔 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚖𝚜
Epilogue

19 | 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝 𝙷𝚎𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜

14.7K 932 413
By Mystery_Angel6

☘︎ Jᴇɴɴɪғᴇʀ Rʏsᴏɴ ☘︎

Sequins of the richest rose-gold colour twinkle under the luminescent light as I peruse myself in the floor-length mirror, wearing a millions dollars worth of evening dress that hugs my form demurely.

My hair is partitioned from the mid, straight brunette strands cascading to the small of my back. Earings of the finest pearls adorn my ears, a single gold chain looping around my neck. The makeup looks natural and refined with nude lip-shade and face accents. Gentlest dustings of gold highlighters touch my eyelids and cheeks, accentuating the cheekbones and making the green of my eyes look more vibrant with a coat of mascara on the lashes.

I look elegant, if not beautiful.

"You look like a daydream, Jennifer." Siya sighs dramatically, flopping on the couch at the corner of my room in a flair of black silk, stunning as ever.

"Yes! You look beautiful, Miss Ryson!" Viviane chimes in. She very much looks that too, the russian in her somehow wildly visible in the way she pulls-off the red cocktail dress with those curves and figure of hers. Her makeup is dark and deadly, but she still manages to look cheery as ever.

There's something about Viviane I can't quite shake-off. There are times, when I've this bizarre intuition that she's like a wolf in sheep's clothing. One wrong move and you'll realize just how dangerous she could be. But that is probably my lack of trust in people speaking.

Shaking the thought, I straighten my dress one last time and look to Siya, who gives me a thumbs up before turning professional.

"My sources tell me there's some announcement that's going to happen today in Davidson Annual Party, something with the involvement of Vitallis Group. Maybe they're doing a joint project? But that's not our concern. Remember the purpose of attending the event is to clear out your name and act like a black woman who does not take shit from others and definitely doesn't let a measly cop ruin her reputation. It's show time, baby." Siya declares, pride in her eyes at her African culture.

I almost smile, but then at the mention of Vitallis Group, I remember how Lykas had looked torn today morning before he had to leave after a week of staying at my place, lazing around. In the past week, there were moments I'd find him smiling at me when I wasn't looking and when I'd raise a brow in question, he'd simply grin wider at being caught. I kept my respectable distance after nearly kissing him a week ago, but he'd find the stupidest of reasons to spend time with me after I returned from office. From him suggesting we watch lame movies together to presenting board games and showing up with champagne bottles to share.

But it had all come to a halt when the elite team had come to pick him up today morning, claiming to forcefully drag him out of my mansion if Lykas didn't go himself, as per the instructions of David Vitallis. The head of the elite team, Geet, had apologetically muttered some reminder in Lykas' ear to which he'd gone so still, as if whatever it was she said, he hadn't remembered at all and now that he did, it crumpled him to his bones. I wanted to ask, but they had dragged Lykas out because he wasn't able to move himself from the shock, from the flicker of hurt and realization.

I'd tried to stop them from taking him but he'd pulled me close by my waist, placed a gentle kiss to my cheek and whispered, "It's okay, sweetheart."

Then Lykas was gone and I didn't very much like the way I sort of longed his annoying presence in my house. I'd lived alone by myself for so long and I take pride in it.

I pick up the golden clutch from the vanity mirror absent-mindedly and shift the topic to Siya's other words, "Ethan is definitely not a measly cop. He's at a high position in the department and is rich as the crown prince of London. He'll probably be in the party, to keep an eye on us more than to attend the event," I muse then fix my gaze on Siya's irritated face, "What is your issue with Ethan Langford?"

Viviane peers on with interest. Siya just shrugs, the irk still radiating of off her, "Before you, I had clients in New York. Langford's always been a little prick in my path with his obsession of locking up the rich. And I hate his face, what's more to say."

Hate his face? Really, had she even seen Ethan?

Sighing and leaving her enmity with Ethan to herself, I pull on my heels. Straightening up, I face my two go-to ladies, "Let's go and solve this scandal."

If only I knew the present scandal was nothing compared to what was to come.

---

☘︎ Lʏᴋᴀs Vɪᴛᴀʟʟɪs ☘︎

Davidson Villa's magnanimous ballroom is swarmed with the rich and mighty from all across the world, men in tuxedos and women in evening gowns hold wine glasses and socialize among each other. A renown opera singer sings a beautiful live melody on the stage, her voice melancholic. Waiters and waitresses take occasional sweep of the entire ballroom area holding wine refills, flavored juices and hors d'oeuvres.

Across the room from where I'm standing at the mini-bar counter, clad in a soft-pink tulle evening gown, Mia is in a deep talk with Francis, the guy having an expression of grief written all over his model face. A few feet from them, Ethan finds my wandering gaze and raises his champagne flute in mock salute.

I roll my eyes in answer, returning to observing Samuel and my father. I wait like the last half an hour for their hushed conversation to end and Samuel to be left alone so I can talk to him what I've been meaning to since the morning. Since I was dragged from Jennifer's mansion. The weight of the tiny box in my tux's inner pocket suddenly feels heavier. Jennifer. . .God I miss her, even if it's barely been a few hours since I last saw her.

"There's a billions dollars worth deal attached. Your father is going to be furious when he finds out. Are you sure you want to speak to Samuel regarding this?" Priyank, the elite team's security control command and an ex-army SEAl, questions looking at me over the rim of his wine-glass. Priyank's eyes trained on me remind me of a vampire with their light brown, somewhat red shade.

I take a sip of red-wine from my glass. I know Dad is going to be enraged, there's a high chance he'll disown me. But I can't do this. I just. . .can't.

"Are you in love? Is that why?" Priyank attempts again.

I spot Priyank's boyfriend Jeremiah, poke his head over Priyank's shoulder to glance at me. Unlike Priyank's outgoing personality, Jeremiah keeps to himself. He'd been shy to speak all this while, but now he suddenly seems curious too. Fucking fantastic. Why is everyone so invested in my life?

"He definitely is." Thana quips from where she's seated on a bar stool wearing a silver disco-ball mini-dress, before going back to typing rapidly on her phone with furrowed brows.

"What's she been typing so much all day long?" I ask, trying to divert Priyank's attention from me.

Thana answers, still typing away furiously, "You have no idea the kind of insane information I've found out on what you asked me to. Fuck this is crazy and too good to stop digging. I'm just confirming facts and notations right now to be fully sure."

My hand freezes on the wine glass, eyes completely shifting to her. I'd asked her to find information on one thing and then she'd wanted to dig further by going through Jennifer's records. . .

"What is it?" My voice turns ice-cold serious, making Priyank and Jeremiah look at me in complete interest.

Thana simply waves me off, still focused on her phone, "I won't give half-baked information. That's not my thing. When I give you the information, it's going to be complete and verified."

I'm about to command her she tell me right this instant when a hush falls over the ballroom. It's strange I know before even looking at the entrance who it is.

Completely forgetting about Thana's shady words, my eyes divert to the person everyone is suddenly gawking at. Even as a spike of jealousy hits me, I can't even blame them.

Because there she is. Looking like a mirage in a deserted island, like the last drop of water to a dying man. So tempting, so beautiful. Fuck I'm not even poetic and I could write ballads about her.

"Oh, so that's the reason for your sudden change of mind." Priyank's voice is teasing, and I see Jeremiah smile up at his boyfriend adoringly. Priyank turns to kiss Jer.

But my eyes remain focused on Jennifer. Abandoning the wine-glass on the bar counter, my feet carrying me to her on auto-pilot. I can feel the eyes of many people tracing each of my movements, but I can't seem to care.

Jennifer blinks when she finds me approaching her. Then she smiles, and I think I might just die then. God, she's wonderous.

"Hey." I say, coming to stand in front of Jennifer, completely ignoring her stoic bodyguards and the other two woman standing behind her. There's no one I'd rather look at than her.

Bowing in a court-room fashion, I pick up her right hand to place a feathery kiss to her knuckles and stare up at her through the shadow of my lashes, "You look. . ." My words leave me for a moment, "Gorgeous."

The small smile is still present on her lips, her hand still in mine as she says, "Why thank you."

Jennifer's green eyes trail in a slow sweep down my form, taking in the black tuxedo hugging the lean muscles of my body, the way my hair is gelled and messed up fashionably atop my head. Her eyes skid back to my face and she tilts her head to the side, raising an imaculate brow, "You clean up nice, Vitallis."

I can't help but grin, "So we're back to last name basis? I thought we made progress the last few days, Ryson?"

Jennifer shrugs, but I can see her lips twitching, fighting back a wider smile and it makes me so insanely happy I don't even understand.

I'm so caught up in her, so focused, so enamored that I don't notice the making of the greatest fall.

It begins in the form of notification ringtones blarring across the entirety of the ballroom in unison. Every single person present in the ballroom, receiving a message.

Many ignore, continuing their conversation, continuing to do the things they were doing. And I wish the others had too.

Because when those other few swipe their phones to check the notification, collective gasps echo, their eyes widening at their device's screens. The ones who hadn't been interested before, observe the reaction and check their own phones only for their expressions to mirror the previous ones.

Jennifer frowns deeply, then she too fishes in her clutch to grab her phone. The screen of her phone flashes and she reads the notification. When I see the way her face drains of color, her eyes turn haunted and her hands start trembling making the hold she had on her phone slip, I wish. I wish she hadn't read the notification. I wish she didn't have to see it. Wish she didn't have to face what was thrown her way. But since when had bad things ever stopped from happening?

And when I catch hold of the phone that slips from her hands and read the article that would be the biggest scandal in a decade, everything stops for a moment.

Because in bold letters, the article claims,

JENNIFER RYSON, AN IMPOSTER. THE SECRET HEIRESS.

THE REAL PERSON BEHIND THE FACADE OF JENNIFER RYSON IS THE DAVIDSON HEIRESS, VIOLET DAVIDSON.

WHO KILLED HER MOTHER AND CONCEALED HER IDENTITY FOR YEARS TO HIDE HER CRIME.

--------᪥♔︎᪥-------

And vioala, EXPOSED!

What do you think will happen now?

Remember when I said no-drama before the drama? Hahahaha. Imagine me doing the whole evil laugh shebang in maleficent's costume.

Y'all have no idea how excited I am to share the next chapter ajakskks.

Aight bye before I start spilling the beans. Have a good day, tiny hoomans <3

Also letting y'all know I AM NOW A WATTPAD CREATOR! Which is crazy but amazing but crazy. I love y'all so much for making this feat possible! Okay bye for real now. Tataaa🙋‍♀️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

449K 9.7K 75
• BOOK 1 OF THE ESZTAR SERIES • Reaching upstairs, he hurled me inside his room and closed the door harshly. I stood there shaking with fear. He look...
440K 17.4K 43
Highest ranked- #10 in action 2/16/2017 A promotion. That's all I wanted. I didn't want to run for my life. I didn't want to be kidnapped...
1.8K 177 79
Four good hours gone and yet nothing - no solution. I kicked a chair in my office hard sending it flying through an empty space as it crashed to the...
89.4K 1.9K 49
"Everything of you is a non-existing dangerous drug, Natalia. And I'm addicted to it." He whispered in my ear. He brushed his nose on my neck and th...