Melody Ziegler ➼ Dance Moms

By dancecarlz

Melody Raine Ziegler, Maddie and Mackenzie's little sister. The youngest daughter of the divorced Kurt and Me... More

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.
♫ Now Playing ♫
The Competition Begins
Wildly Inappropriate
Cheerleader Blues
Stealing The Show
When Stars Collide
Dying To Dance
She's A Fighter
Love On The Dance Floor
From Ballerina's To Showgirls
Cathy Brings It On
Everyone's Replaceable
Return of the Candy Apples
Brooke's Turning Point
No One Likes A Bully
Brooke's Back
Jill On The Rampage
Bullets And Ballet
The Runaway Mom
Miami Heat Wave
Melissa Pleads The Fifth
Waiting For Joffrey
Abbygeddon
The Battle Begins
Night Of The Living Dancers
I Know What You Did Last Competition
Maddie Has A Secret
How Do You Like Those Apples?
Worst Birthday Party Ever!
Guess Who's Back?
Break A Leg
Revenge of the Candy Apples
The Recital to End All Recitals
New Girl In Town
Solo Fever
Nationals 90210
The Beginning of The End
Out With The Old, In With The New
But I'm A National Champion!
Liar Liar Dance Mom On Fire!
Revenge of the Replacements
Boys Are Cuties, Girls Have Cooties
Rotten To The Core
You've Been Unfriended
Bye Bye Baby
All's Fair in Love and War
Camouflaged Maneuvers
The Apple of Her Eye
She's A Maniac
Watch Your Back, Zieglers
The Politics of Dancing
May I Have This Dance?
The View From The Top
Candy Apple Showdown
Boy Crazy, Mom Crazy
Two Girls, One Solo
A Chance of a Lifetime
Tap Versus Hip Hop
Recital Rebellion

It All Ends Here

1.1K 17 0
By dancecarlz

Here we are! Nationals 2011. This season I feel has went by so fast. We are in Lake Tahoe to do our second to last competition. Our official last one is going to be in Hollywood next week. I love Lake Tahoe it is absolutely beautiful here. We all walk into the dance studio for this week.

"Hello, ladies. Come on in." Abby waved. Everybody got settled in for pyramid.

"Here we are in another studio, another week. We need to learn a new group routine. This is tough. We have to do it today, and there's props. Now, I want to reflect on the past two weeks. I keep telling you guys, you have been given an amazing opportunity. You've been hand-selected to go across the country and learn a new number each week and do these competitions. And you are not stepping up to the plate." Abby explained.

"I want to see energy, enthusiasm, fun. If you don't want to do it, there's probably a hundred other kids that would love to be in your shoes right now. So, I need to see motivation. I want you to want to win. This is my reputation on the line, it's my name. But by now, it's also your names. So, I'm gonna start with Paige. You pulled your solo. Not much more to say. Next, Melody. You didn't dance last week. Moving on, Mackenzie. You also didn't dance last week. Nia. You were fun, you were entertaining, but you didn't place. Next we have Chloe. You did your solo well and it was cute, but it also didn't place. Brooke. You got third place in the teen category with a hurt shoulder. And back on top, we have Maddie. Maddie, I gave you the week off, you stepped up your technique in the group dance, and you did well at Dance Educators." Abby quickly went through pyramid. No dramatic reveals or anything.

Maddie

Brooke Chloe

Nia Mackenzie Melody Paige

"Maddie, you are doing your solo and a duet with Chloe. Chloe, you will also be doing your solo. Paige and Brooke, I'm giving you a duet. I want you to work together as friends. I do not want you fighting as sisters. If you waste time and energy bickering back and forth, you're never gonna get it finished. Everybody is in the group number this week– even Mackenzie and Melody." Abby revealed. The two of us gave each other a high-five. It's been a while since we have gotten to dance– especially in the group routine.

"Every single one of you are an important part of this puzzle. And in a group routine, everybody needs to pull their weight. And I'm telling you what: we need to win. All right, let's get to rehearsing, let's get moving." Abby finished. We took our dance bags to the back of the room and changed, so we could start rehearsal. Before we started working on the group, Abby called everybody over.

"Okay, ladies, the piece is called 'Beautiful.' And what it's about is not how pretty you're gonna be in your costumes, not how pretty your hair is, but what's on the inside. And it's about taking a good look in the mirror– not at what you see, but like the internal mirror. Are you getting any of this, Mackenze, Melody? Yeah. It's a little deep. Hold the mirror and cover your face." Abby instructed. We finally started on the group choreography. After working on the group routine, Chloe started working on her solo. Chloe definitely seemed a lot different while working on her solo.

*Four Days Until Nationals*

"Hey, moms? Come on in here. I want to talk to you." Abby said. They were rhinestoning this weeks costumes. The four moms walked into the other studio room. The rest of us girls were just hanging out playing uno since this was our break to get off filming. Suddenly, Kelly came back into the room and looked very flustered.

*Two Days Until Nationals*

"Come on, guys. Let's go. Everybody brought a towel?" Abby said. Today Abby is taking us out of the dance studio and on a little field trip to the lake.

"Is everybody in their seat belts?" Abby asked.

"Yes." We all responded. Currently I am sitting by Chloe and Nia. I looked out of the window to see Christi. Abby closed the door to talk to her. A few minutes later she comes back in.

"All right, let's go." Abby said. The trip was fast with Chloe and I listening to some Taylor Swift. The bridge to Love Story finished as we got to the lake. We got out of the van and quickly ran down the steps. We all cheered as well. Once we got on the regular grass a ton of people was doing tricks. Including me. I decided to do some back handsprings.

"Look at the mountains. Girls, I brought you here because I'm so tired of you just being in a hotel ballroom and the competition. You need to see the world." Abby explained. We then were told to put our towels down on the grass. We did some acro moves and stretches. It felt totally different than doing it at a studio.

"And how about 'I'm beautiful on the inside.' Can I hear it?" Abby asked.

"I'm beautiful on the inside." We all chorused.

"Girls, I want you to sit here and enjoy the view and relax. Chloe, come on. I want you to take a walk with me real quick." Abby said. Chloe got up and walked with Abby. No clue what they were talking about. The two walked back and we stayed at the lake for a little while longer before going back to the studio to rehearse. That night after rehearsals we went to Tahoe Bowl, bowling alley. This is technically my 'birthday' party. Just forget the fact that it's a few weeks late. Better late than never! We got our shoes and made our way to our specific bowling lane. Everybody got signed in and shoes on. A few people also put down a few presents.

"Oh my gosh! I am so bad!" Kenzie cried, groaning at the sight. She currently got two pins knocked down.

"I feel you, Kenz." I shook my head. For the most part, I am actually using one of those kids pushing things, so I haven't actually got a bad one yet.

"Mackenzie! Melody! Come here." Mommy called. We quickly went over to the table where she put down an ice cream cake. Everybody sung me happy birthday. I blowed out the candles, happy birthday to me! I appreciate all of these people so much. Even though we can be a dysfunctional family some times. While the other girls took a piece of cake, I opened a few presents. I made sure to thank and hug everybody after I opened theirs. The rest of the girls finished their cake and went to bowl.

"Mel, you coming?" Nia asked.

"No, I'll be there soon! I just got a few more to open." I smiled. Nia nodded before going back. I was about to open one whenever somebody set another present down. I looked up to the face of the manly arm. It's my dad. Seriously, I am surprised. What is he doing here! In California? Oh no, this is not going to end well. Kenzie went up to him and gave him a hug. I repeated the action, but much slower. I barely know this man. What am I supposed to do?

"Thank you for the present." I said, smiling while hugging him.

"No problem, sweetheart." Kurt responded. Mommy made a disgusting face while he walked over to her. I decided it would be best to walk away and start rejoining bowling. I could still hear the two lightly arguing. Kenzie went and was actually able to knock down multiple pins. I heard Mommy cheering and she walked away from him. Somehow we made it through the rest of bowling.

*Interview*

"I was not really happy to see my dad whenever we went bowling. 'Cause everytime I do see him, either my mom gets mad, Maddie is flustered, Mackenzie is– Mackenzie. Then there's me! I don't know what to really say or do! I'm five for heavens sake." I ranted, shaking my head at the ending.

"Guys, we got to leave." Mommy said to Kenzie, Maddie, and I. Now I am seriously bummed. On my birthday party, really? Could it not have been yesterday he came! I grabbed my presents that I could and Maddie and Mackenzie got the rest of them.

"This sucks." Maddie mumbled. I looked over to her and she had a huge upset facial expression.

*Competition Day*

Yesterday, Kelly had a fight with Abby since Maddie had both Gianna and Abby in there rehearsing her solo, while she had a guest choreographer who knew nothing about Brooke and Paige. I could see where she's coming from, but I didn't like the execution of blaming Maddie. It clearly made her uncomfortable. Anyways... Here we are at Nationals!

"Let's get the game faces on. Get the energy going. And you get backstage and you psych out every other kid, do you understand?" Abby said. Nia, Kenzie, and I were playing around with some makeup since we had a while anyways. Suddenly, I see my dad enter again. Okay, now this has to be planned. Why is he in the dressing room!

"Hey, Mad." Kurt said, walking over to her.

"Hi." Maddie responded, quickly walking over to him.

"How are you? Let me have a hug." Right before he finished, Maddie did give him a hug.

"Oh you look pretty." He complimented.

"Thank you." Maddie smiled.

"Are you going to win again?" He asked, quietly.

"I don't know." Maddie shrugged. By her body language I could tell something was wrong. Maddie, usually, doesn't act fidgeted on competition days. She's usually super focused.

"Just be yourself. Just don't worry about anybody else." He encouraged.

"I won't. You make me nervous when you say that." Maddie explained, bouncing on the heels of her foot.

"No, don't get nervous. There's nothing to be nervous about." He responded. Kenzie and I gave him a hug. More Kenzie because I didn't want to be rude and not give him one, but I didn't exactly want to give him one either. From the looks of it, Maddie was trying to pull Kenzie off of him.

"Break a leg." He said.

"Okay, bye." Maddie stated.

"Go." He joked.

"You go! Please?" Maddie asked, seeming kinda desperate.

"All right, I'll let you go. Okay, bye, Kenz, Mel. I'll see you a little later. Okay." He finally let the room. It suddenly felt ten times lighter in there. The tension was gone. I overheard Maddie and Gianna talking to each other.

"Are you all right? You sure?" Gianna asked.

"He just makes me so nervous." Maddie answered. Maddie and Chloe both finished getting ready and was about to go backstage whenever...

"Here, Maddie, let me give you a mommy hug since your mommy's not here." Christi said, hugging Maddie.

"Thank you." Maddie smiled.

"Okay. I'll give you a mommy hug 'cause I'm your mommy." Christi gave Chloe a hug. I held hands with Brooke as we both walked to the audience to watch the two girls perform.

"And next, number 1004. 'Manhattan.'" Maddie ran out of the wings whenever her music started. This solo really stuck out to me! Every part of the music matched up with every part of the choreography and Maddie's musicality, fluidity, and movement quality were gorgeous. The song was also very cathy. I cheered loudly as she walked off.

"Competing next is number 1006, 'Another Season.'" Chloe walked out to start her solo. She was doing great! Her turns were controlled, she was evenly paced, fluid, and good flexibility. Then it quickly changed. Chloe finished her straddle jump and hesitated on her next move. She moved about two steps before looking at the big crowd. It dawned on me... she unfortunately forgot her dance. My heart is actually aching for her. The song ended and she walked offstage, clearly defeated. Chloe is somebody that I can look up to! So whenever she forgot her dance, it really affected me, I felt tears in my eyes. She is super kind and sweet and didn't deserve this. Nobody ever deserves to forget their dance, ever. Me and the other girls rushed backstage to meet Chloe. Chloe was super upset and crying hard. Christi made her way backstage as well.

"You're beautiful! Don't cry! It's okay, Chloe. Don't cry. It's okay." Christi assured. Chloe was still sobbing. A little while later, Chloe was alright and it was time for solo awards.

"I am prepared to announce our 2011 National Finalist Titlist winner. Our first-runner up, Grace with act number 1012. And our Little Miss Starbound 2011, Maddie!" Maddie got up to get her banner, crown, and plaque. After solo awards we went back to the dressing room where the moms congratulated Maddie.

*Competition Day Two*

Maddie, Chloe, Paige, and Brooke got ready for their duos. Once they were finished we headed to the audience.

"This is 'Ooh, La La.'" The emcee announced. The two girls walked out, Paige standing up and Brooke sitting on the ground. The duet was good. Their techniques were decent, but some of the choreography didn't exactly fit them. Anyways, I still thought they did good. Now it's time for Chloe and Maddie.

"This is lyrical, ages nine to ten– 'Black Swan.'" Chloe and Maddie came from opposite sides of the wings. Oh my gosh this duet! I loved it so much! Their duets are always amazing. Choreographically and technically was an outstanding duet. It is hard to believe they are only eight and ten pulling off this difficult choreo. They connected with each other and emoted beautifully. We got to the dressing room before Maddie and Chloe, but whenever they entered everybody rushed to hug them.

"Good job, Mad and Chloe!" I smiled, giving Maddie a hug.

"Thank you." The two responded. Multiple routines later it is now time for duo/trio awards.

"Now we're going to announce our top Junior Duet-Trio. Fifth place, 'Ooh, La, La,' it's Paige and Brooke." The both went up to get their award. Even though it might not be the place they wanted, that doesn't discredit their performance.

"And now it's time to announce your top overall Junior Duet-Trio. It's going to 'Black Swan.' Abby Lee Dance Company!" The emcee announced. I cheered loudly for Chloe and Maddie.

*Competition Day Three*

Here it is! Our most important day with Nationals. The group dance. I was changed into the costume, my hair was in a bun, and my makeup was done thanks to Gianna. She has really helped us since Mommy isn't here this weekend. Abby decided to give us one of her motivational pep talks.

"Remember Lake Tahoe. The gorgeous lake, the beautiful mountains. How pristine, how beautiful everything was. That's why I took you there. I want you to walk on stage and be that same vision. So when those judges look up, they go... If the tops come off, do not freak. The judges have seen it all. Believe me, they're all in show business. You've seen one boob, you've seen 'em all." Abby finished. A few minutes later, he walked in again.

"Hey, no, no, no, no, no." Abby said, ushering Kurt to follow. The two went into the hallway where their arguing was still there, but less audible. Maddie had her ear pressed up against the door. I was fiddling with my thumbs impatiently. Maddie turned around and started walking away from the door. Kenzie shrugged as Maddie said 'they're arguing' before rolling her eyes. I decided to just look down at the floor as well. Cause what I would give to not be in this situation right now. Just be a normal kid, with normal parents, and normal lives. Not getting filmed for a t.v. show every week, my whole life being centered around dancing, and my parents? That's a whole other story. Finally we were going backstage, so we could come here what we came to do. Dance.

"This is a small group– open– ages nine and ten. 'This Is My Beauty.'" The emcee called. The eight of us walked onstage. It felt so great being up there, doing what I love. Speaking of love, I loved this dance. The message was nice and I felt we did really well as a team. Everybody's technique was solid, the facials were good, and the ending with Maddie added a special touch. Not to mention, but everybody got to dance! A ton more routines happened and now it's time for group awards. What we have been looking forward to.

"Thank you very much. One more round of applause for every performer on this stage. One point– one single point, just one– separates second and first place. I'm going to call both groups up here. In no particular order. 'This Is My Beauty,' Abby Lee Dance Company. 'Rolling In The Deep,' McCoy Rigby Conservatory." The guy revealed. Us two teams were standing right next to each other. This suspense is actually killing me! We all held hands hoping we would be first.

"Now... Audience, are you ready for Top Junior Group winner of a cash prize? I am, too. Audience... 'This Is My Beauty,' Abby Lee Dance Company! Make some noise!" Everybody jumped as soon as we heard our name called. We did it! We won Nationals!

"Want to remind us one more time who your dance teacher is?" The emcee asked.

"Abby Lee Miller!" We all screamed into the microphone.

"And what studio? Real loud." The emcee commented.

"Abby Lee Dance Company!" We yelled even louder. The rest of awards finished and we went back to the dressing room. Abby walked in and everybody rushed to give her a hug.

"I'm very proud. You looked beautiful on stage. Put the hands in. And... One, two, three. We are Abby Lee! Four, five, six. You should see our kicks! Seven and eight. We are really great! Nine and ten. We just won again!" Everybody finished the chant. I'm surprised that even the moms joined in on doing it. Next week is LA and I am ecstatic to see that. For celebration we all went out to eat, got ice cream, and went swimming. Here we come LA!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 81 8
maddie and mackenzies dad left them after the divorce from their mother who died a view months later in a car accident so the only one left is their...
236K 3.5K 149
McKayla Ziegler born September 30th twin sister to Maddie and older sister to Mackenzie grew up dancing at the Abby Lee Dance Company, when an excit...
60.3K 2.6K 43
"Just like first love, you give everything and you give too much." Mackenzie Ziegler and her sister Maddie are well-known reality TV stars from Dance...
44.5K 1.3K 76
Kelly is on the road to recovery and is yearning for revenge for the one who caused her dance career to be put on hold. Her and her mom have a plan a...