At the Heir's Request 2

Por WildOne22

The Grants are back and they are in for more growing pains. Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Interlude
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
MEMORIES
Interlude - News Feed
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 23

1.1K 133 28
Por WildOne22

Anderson

"Do they want to sign on or not? I don't have the time to be back and forth with unserious people." I say while I pace my office in the Cryptic London building.

Shan was laid out on the futon, taking a nap and I felt like I needed one too.

We have been in London for two weeks now and it has been chaotic since the first day. Luckily, we picked a good team here and everyone has been pulling their weight.

The transition of our European based clients have been pretty smooth and for that we thank God.

"They are interested. They want to set up a meeting to discuss the retainer." Julian tells me.

Some of his people learned about Cryptic and had asked him to set up a meeting with us. We had the meeting and they explained their needs and Shan and I had worked on a proposal for them.

Their CEO was a cool guy and I had an interesting discussion with him after our meeting,where he expressed his interest.

That was a week ago.

"That's not a problem. We already have a breakdown ready. We can share it with them today so they can go through and come with any questions or concerns." I say, going around the desk to retrieve my laptop.

I quickly found the folder that their
files were stored and located the retainer breakdown.

"Okay, Julian tell them to check their mailbox."

"Alright mate. I'll talk back to you later." He says and then hangs up.

My goal is to onboard at least two of these types of clients each month before September. I need Cryptic to have a strong foundation before I hand the reigns over to Shan.

I'm better at client acquisition, while Shan is a master at client relations. Despite any doubts that she may have, she has a skill for building strong relationships with our clientele and making them happy.

Me nuh like people, and mi cya bother with the bag a chatting. While Shanique now, all the people them personal business them tell Shanique to how she love chat.

She just come here two weeks now and already somebody invite her to their birthday dinner. How Shanique reach in a the woman plans, I can't explain.

Wouldn't change her for the world still.

My phone pinged and I looked down to see a text from my dad. I unblocked him to tell him to never show up to talk to my wife again and the man nuh stop text dung my phone.

Father

We launching the new products this week. This is the marketing plan that was sent to me.

The text read.

I clicked on the link, opening a very familiar document.

I developed it.

I looked over the product designs and nodded. I liked them. Then I took a look at the roll out agenda.

They kind of skimped on the digital spend and I texted him to let him know.

Father

Add more on the Google Ads spend.

How much more?

$5,000.
$2,000 on the awareness spend and $3,000 for the retargeting.

Anything else?

I laughed out loud. This man think him slick enuh.

I'm not your marketing manager sir.

You're right. You're my successor
Now tell mi what else them need to fix because it's not launching until everything is perfect.

I spent another half an hour going over the plan with my dad until Shanique woke up from her nap.

This means it's food time. I told dad later before I turned my focus on my wife who looks like someone fought her in her sleep.

"You had a good nap?" I asked her and she yawned.

"What time is it?

"Almost 2:30pm" I started to close down my system because I feel like taking her out for lunch.

"You ordered food already" Shan ask walking towards the office bathroom.

"No! We're gonna go out." I called out to her above the sound of running water.

I stood, texting the driver so he could bring the car around. I didn't feel like getting lost in London trying to drive myself to any random place.

"What time does the embassy close today Dan? Remember you need to go drop off our documents." Shan says coming out of the bathroom.

I picked up my satchel and swung it over my shoulder and held my hand out for Shan.

"They close at 5 babe. I'm going to head there after lunch." I tell her walking her out of the office with me.

I need to drop our passports and business documents by the embassy. Legal shit.

Shan especially needs her stuff sorted out because she's gonna be here for the better part of the year.

"I'm feeling for pasta." Shan says smiling to herself.

——————————-

I miss Shanique.

She gone a Jamaica for a couple days.

She has an activation that her tough head workers couldn't execute by them damn self.

They better learn all they need to learn from now because Shan won't be able to be in the day to day running of every project in a few months.

Ago see wah the fuck dem ago do.

"So you own an agency here in London?"  A seductive voice pulled me out of my musing.

I looked around the club's private room to see everyone looking at me.

I gave them all a blank stare and Julian snickered.

We were here meeting with some of his connects. He wants me to rub shoulders with London's elite. It's a good business move but I honestly just waah go home go FaceTime Shan and back my fist.

"Anderson, Char was asking you about Cryptic." Julian said with a smug look on his face.

I looked around and the light skin girl batted her eyes at me.

Char

She was pretty with a head full of curly hair. She was slim also, almost modelesque.

Interesting to look at.

"What do you want to know?" I asked and she perked up.

Hmmm

"Just what you guys do actually." She says and I thought about what my answer would be.

"It's all listed on our website. Just type in Cryptic London in your search bar." I tell her before looking off again.

I wasn't in the talking mood.

"Oh you do digital marketing too?" Char's voice perked up.

I looked over at her to find her scrolling on her phone. Did she really go search for the site?

Okay then.

"Yeah, that's one of our offerings." I responded to not be rude.

I don't know why.

"Hmmm, you guys do branding and campaign executions. Wow, it's like we were destined to meet." She says in awe as she stared at me.

I looked at her and my thoughts raced for a moment.

"Why do you say that?" I asked her intrigued.

She intrigued me.

What the fuck?

"Well, I have a talent company that I inherited but it just not giving. It screams my mom and I've been having trouble revamping it to attract new agents" she explains and I nod.

I quickly realized that the place had grown awfully quiet and a quick check confirmed that the other people had left the room.

I was alone with her.

I swallowed nervously as she tilted her head to the side.

"So, are you going to help a poor damsel in distress out?" She asked and I closed my eyes.

Wah this now father?

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

236K 35.9K 93
Join the second leg of Jordanne and Ryleigh's Journey.
68.8K 7K 36
Loving her will test you.Loving her will challenge you.Loving her will change you. I'm her.
Troublemaker. Por 🤍.

Historia Corta

9.4K 995 15
(FICTION!!)
62.9K 8.7K 32