Till Old And Grey ✓

By cupidflakes_8

"Hey, baby?" I smile cheekily, grabbing Shreyan's attention and the girl beside him. He facepalms and looks... More

Character Introduction
Chapter-1|•|
Chapter-2|•|
Chapter-3|•|
Chapter-4|•|
Chapter-5|•|
Chapter-6|•|
Chapter-7|•|
Chapter-8|•|
Chapter-9|•|
Chapter-10|•|
Chapter-11|•|
Chapter-12|•|
Chapter-13|•|
Chapter-14|•|
Chapter-15|•|
Chapter-16|•|
Chapter-17|•|
Chapter-18 |•|
Chapter-19|•|
Chapter-20|•|
Chapter-21|•|
Chapter-23|•|
Chapter-24|•|
Chapter-25 |•|
Chapter-26|•|
Chapter-27|•|
Chapter-28 |•|
Chapter-29|•|
Chapter-30|•|
Chapter-31|•|
Chapter-32|•|
Chapter-33|•|
Chapter-34|•|
Chapter-35|•|
Chapter-36|•|
Chapter-37|•|
Chapter-38|•|
Chapter-39|•|
Chapter-40|•|
Chapter-41|•|
Chapter-42|•|
Chapter-43|•|
Chapter-44|•|
Chapter-45|•|
Chapter-46|•|
Chapter-47|•|
Chapter-48|•|
Chapter-49|•|
Epilogue
NEW BOOK-3
NEW BOOK-4

Chapter-22|•|

3K 231 86
By cupidflakes_8

The next chapter maybe gonna delayed... Maybe to Thursday, I guess. But let's see if I could make it before...

Enjoy reading

Next day,

"Surprise, Avi," Viaan smirks, showing me condoms.

I look at him confused. "Why is it with you?" I croak in my voice. He smells alcoholic and slurs, with an unsteady posture.

He chuckles walking inside and holding my nape. "I am gonna use it tonight while I ram into you till you are destroyed brutally," he bites my neck harshly and I could feel blood oozing out.

"Viaan," I scream, trying to push him. "What the hell is wrong with you? Get out. Talk to me when you are in senses."

He looks at me raged and fist the bunch of my hair, dragging me to the bed. He pushes me on it and hovers over me. My heartbeat raises when he holds my neck to pin me to the bed and his other hand zips down his pants.

"Viaan, move away. Please. This is not you," I yell at him, trying to move away but he digs his nails into my cheeks.

"Stay calm. Let me do it and clear that bastard's thoughts from your head. Once I make you mine, you will never think of him," he grits his teeth.

I push him hard making him fall back into the bed. I pull my dress back in its place and wipe my tears. I muster my courage and sit beside him. I cup his face and smile at him between tears.

"Viaan, you are my best friend. You know me better than anyone. Yes, I cheated on you and I am sorry for it. But it is not the way you treat me. Being best friends you should understand me," I explain to him softly and close my eyes trying to speak, "After marriage, you can do anything to me. But I don't want it before marriage."

"I want you to have sex with me NOW!" he screams in my face.

I look away. "I don't want to, Viaan. If you have come home for this, get out," I tell him calmly.

He gets on his feet and zips his pants. "Why?" he yells. He grabs the teddy bear Annu gifted me. He throws it on the floor and stamps over it, "Because you still love him."

My eyes widen and my heart bleeds when the teddy bear gets tattered a little.

"Viaan, please, don't do this," I sob, "I am begging you. You are crushing my soul. Please don't do this."

"I won't let his memories embrace you anymore," he grits his teeth.

"I won't talk or think about Annu. But, please, don't do this to me," I cry.

He staples me to the wall holding my chin in a death grip, "Fucking stop crying, Avi," his nails dig into my flesh, "Don't make me hate you anymore."

He walks to my greeting cards, gifts, and the teddy bear that Ansh gave me. Grabbing them, he throws all my stuff in the hearth.

"No," I scream running to them. I kneel in front of the fire and try to pull out those greeting cards but my hand burns. "Annu! Annu! Annu!"

"I should take them out. Now," I put my hands in the fire sobbing, and pull the teddy bear out. I start to slap the fire away but it doesn't stop.

I palm my face looking at Annu’s memories which are burning down.

"Where is that box?" He asks stumbling on his steps, "That box which you both planned to open together; where is it?"

My eyes widen and I shake my head vigorously, "I dare you to touch it, I will kill you, Viaan!" I warn him.

He chuckles. "You will kill me?" he laughs. I know he isn't in his senses. He is drunk and everything he is doing is not the Viaan I know. "Kill me then, Avi."

He starts walking to the gift box and I run behind him. He holds it and I try to grab it from him. "Don't, Viaan," I yell, pulling the box to my chest.

He looks at me dangerously. For the first time, I am scared of my best friend. For the first time, I want to run away from the sweet guy I have ever seen.

"I love you," he screams, slapping me. Everything happens so fast that I am on the floor, my head bleeding but my hand is still clutching the gift box to me.

"Avi?" Ishu's and Deva's terrified voices thunder in the room, blood dripping down to my eyes and I just close my eyes.

"Avi?" Viaan probably came back to his senses because he is now holding me in his arms, "God! I am so sorry, Avi. Damn! What have I done?"

"What did you do to her, Viaan?" Deva cries.

"Avi, look at me," he cries, his voice unwavering with pain, "Open your eyes."

I half open my eyes and look at my friends with tears.

"Let me take her to the hospital," Viaan says but Ishu pushes him.

"Fucking get out of here before her family comes back," She yells. “Or else I will kill you right away.”

"I'll leave," he stutters, "I will send a doctor. I am sorry."

He leaves and I go unconscious.

"How is it?" Karthik asks after trying on his blazer and suit for the reception.

I nod, "It's good."

"Only good?" he frowns.

"It's nice," I say.

His frown deepens and he looks at Chey who shakes at my behavior, "It's nice but I guess you should try another one. It's dominating a lot."

Karthik seems to consider Chey's suggestion and he nods, "I'll try this black one," he discards the blue blazer and goes to the trial room.

"What's wrong with you? It's your brother-in-law, Shre. Do you want to disappoint Riya with this ridiculous behavior?" Chey chides.

"I'm a little disturbed, Chey," I heave out a breath and straighten myself, "I will be fine."

Karthik comes back and raises his eyebrow at us.

"Handsome," I smile at him.

He grins cheekily and grabs his phone, "Hey, love," I narrow my eyes when he calls my sister with that.

"How's it?" he asks, "Shall I take it?"

"It's good, Karthik," Riya sounds low.

"Riya baby," Karthik gets worried, "Anything wrong?"

He moves away while I glare at him, "I swear, Chey if he isn't gonna stop calling Riya like that, I'll kill him without a second thought."

Chey laughs, "Stop it, man. They are gonna marry."

"But it doesn't give him the right to call Riya like that!" I grit my teeth.

"They have hundred percent rights over each other. Riya is happy and fine with Karthik. You stop hatred towards him," he says, "You wanted her to get married, then why now?"

"I don't know," I groan, "The thought that my sister is gonna be with some other man than us isn't settling well with me."

I rub my face and look at my palms, "It is all too fast. Meeting. Talks between elders. Engagement. Now, the wedding," I purse my lips, "What if Karthik is a guy like me? What if Riya is trusting him blindly?"

"What if Avyuktha had the same doubts and left you?" he asks making me speechless, "You are the great guy a girl can ever find except for that reason and Avyuktha sensed the goodness in you and she trusted you. The same goes for Riya. Riya and Karthik are a perfect pair. They both seem to be in love with every moment they are together. Everyone saw it, why don't you? Riya will lead the most amazing life with Karthik."

I nod looking down.

"Avyuktha trusted me blindly, Chey," I say remembering that I lied to her about my flings. "She let me come closer to her after I lied to her. She let me kiss her, although it wasn't a proper one."

"Because she trusted you, Shre," he says, "She bought your lie because she felt your love more than this lie."

"You are mad at her because she didn't tell you that she is engaged but did you at least once think why didn't she tell you?" he asks. Honestly, I didn't. "You were selfish when you wanted her and you lied to her about your flings. Maybe even she was selfish for you. Maybe she wanted you as much as you wanted her. Did you think it this way, Shre?" he sighs and rubs his palm along his face, "If an engaged woman has taken this step, you should understand how unhappy and forced she is with that relationship."

He scoots closer and wraps his arm around my shoulder, "Especially, a woman like Avyuktha!" he leans to my ear and whispers, "Your Yuktha."

"Is she forced?" I ask him.

He shrugs his shoulders, "I don't know but I do know that she is unhappy with that relationship."

I look away, "Still, I can't go to her."

He just pats my back with a chuckle, "Time neither stopped you both from drifting away nor it will stop you both from becoming one."

I look at him confused, "What-"

"Shreyan," Karthik rushes to us, "Please take me to Riya."

"Okay. But-"

"No buts. Take me now," he orders me.

"Dresses-"

"Asshole," he cusses at me and grabs my car keys before running out while I stand there shocked.

"Did he just call me Asshole?" I ask Chey who is laughing holding his stomach. "Oh God, he started showing his 'brother-in-law' rights!"

Chey stands up and pats my back, "He is your sister's husband. You need to bear it even if he beats you." he laughs again while I scowl.

We both walk to the parking lot and find Karthik leaving. We both run behind the car and Karthik opens it grumbling under his breath.

He doesn't care about the traffic rules and almost rides over a poor old woman. He takes all the shortcuts to my home which I never knew in 30 years of my existence. When we reach home, he doesn't even care to change the gears and jumps out of the car. I immediately take charge and park the car.

We go inside cursing this idiot brother-in-law of mine. I look at Sam who is there already sitting next to Mom, "What's wrong with this guy? Is he mental?" I scoff.

Mom warns me while Sam and Chey chuckle, "Riya cried on the phone when he called her. So, he might be tensed because of it."

Though I loved that he is caring for my sister, I didn't like the way he showed his rights to her.

"I will meet her," I am about to go, and Sam holds my hand.

"They are a couple now, Shre," he whispers.

I scrunch my nose, "So?"

"They console each other and slowly may get intimate," Mom says with a wink.

"Oh no!" I hold my head, "I should stop them."

I am about to run but Dad stops me, "Shre, she isn't your baby sister anymore. She is Karthik's to-be wife. Come on, sit back." he orders.

I pout and take my seat, my eytravelinging to their room.

After some time, they both come back holding each other's hand. Riya is smiling now. I immediately run to them.

"Did he touch you badly? Tell me, Riya? Tell me, did he touch you inappropriately? I will kill him," I say, gritting my teeth.

"Shre," she holds my arm gently, "He is my fiance. He never touches me badly. He always prioritizes my comfort."

I hug her tightly to my chest. She giggles. I pull back and look at her, "What happened?"

She looks down and hugs me tightly, "Sister-in-law," she mutters, "She isn't lifting my calls. I have gone to the hospital for her knowing that she isn't coming to the hospital from tomorrow onwards but she didn't talk to me. I want her beside me, Shre."

I shut my eyes and sigh, "Come."

We all sit on the couch and Riya is beside Karthik who can't stop holding her hand.

"Shre, Can you please bring Avyuktha here?" Karthik asks although it seemed more like an order.

Riya nods her head vigorously.

"I have plans with my friends tonight," I mumble, looking at the guys. "Sam? Chey? Shall we go?"

"Plans?" they look at me confused, "Did we have?"

"Shre," Riya holds my hand, "What is wrong with you? Why are you pushing her away?"

I slump on the couch and palm my face, "I don't know, Riya."

"Shre, do you trust me?" she asks making me look at her. I nod. She smiles and kisses my forehead, "She loves you."

"Riya, she is engaged," I reason out.

"It doesn't matter if she isn't happy with that. That relationship chokes her a lot. It's not that her fiance is a bad guy. It's just she loves you," she says.

I look down. "I don't believe in love, Riya," I walk away blinking my tears.

Sam and Chey follow me and stop me, "What happened, Shre? We have never seen you this confused. Tell us how you feel. Don't shut yourself," Sam says making me look at him.

I immediately throw myself in his arms, "I don't know, Sam. Everything with her felt so beautiful. That day when he claimed her as his, stabbed my heart. But again, I felt he would take care of her better than I will because my life is so much broken. I am broken beyond repair and I don't want my broken pieces to kill her. I don't want to ruin her life with my broken life."

I sit on the stairs before the entrance, "With Avyuktha, every moment felt heart-touching, magical, and perfect. Her in my arms felt peace. Her touch always calmed my soul. In these two months, I am addicted to her so much that I am scared I may break her engagement and marry her right away."

"Okay, enough of brooding, come let's go," Chey says clapping his hands.

Sam looks at him in disbelief, "Seriously, Chey? Don't you see how he is crying?"

"Stop crying like an idiot, Shre," he says and pulls me up, "Let's get boozed."

We sit inside the cars and I drive to our lakeside bar. We take our seats and order our strong drinks.

"Avi?" I open my eyes blinking them again and again. "Can you see us?"

I move my eyes to the source and find Deva and Ishu smiling at me. I give them a weak smile.

"We are sorry," they both whispers.

I look at them confused, "Why?"

"We didn't know Viaan could hurt you-"

"Viaan is a nice guy," I smile, "don't judge him because of just this!"

"It's not just, Avi." Ishu leans front and kisses my forehead, "You had 7 stitches on your forehead."

Tears spring in my eyes, "Seven?" a sob escapes from my lips.

"We will give a police complaint against him, Avi. You could have lost your eye," Deva says wiping her tears.

"No," I shake my head. "Viaan has a great career. His company started developing more, rewarding him for his hard work. Besides, he wasn't in his senses. He is drunk. He is my best friend other than you both. I can't ruin his career."

"Avi," Ishu holds my hand, "Uncle and Aunty will be here soon. We will tell them."

"Forget that it happened," I close my eyes and take a deep breath, "I will lie to them."

"Why?" Deva asks in a whisper.

I turn my face away biting my lips, "Viaan isn't just my fiance, Deva. He is Vansh's brother. Our relationship with Vansh's whole family will be disturbed. It happened between us and let it stay between us. We don't need the elders in this," I wipe my tears.

"What happened, Avi?" Ishu asks kneeling beside my bed.

"I told him about Annu and Shreyan," I whisper, "I thought he will understand and since he has to know, I told him but he went wild."

"That kiss on the other day?" Deva whispers.

I put the crook of my elbow over my eyes and nod, "He forced himself on me."

"That bastard," Ishu grinds her teeth.

"What is your final call, Avi?" Deva asks.

"I will lie to my parents and not gonna file a case on Viaan," I whisper.

Ishu throws her hands in the air and leaves for the balcony. In a minute, she comes back, "Your parents are here."

"I will call them," Deva says, standing up, "Don't cry. You are our strong girl."

I chuckle while she wipes my tears.

She scurries away while Ishu sits next to me, "Think once again, no one has the right to lay their hand on another. Especially, a man should never lay their hand on a woman."

"I know," I whisper, "Even I believe it. But, Ishu, even you know Viaan. He isn't a guy who acts out of his behaviour. He was in pain. He felt betrayed. He thought he will lose me. He didn't do this intentionally."

"You are being stupid, Avi. A man who loves his woman will never raise his hand on her," she says.

"I need to change into other clothes," I divert the topic, "These are blood-filled."

"Avi?" Dad's worried voice booms before Ishu could speak. He runs to me followed by Mom and Ridha. "What happened, Avi? How did this happen?"

I laugh, "Dad, don't cry," I wipe his tears, "It's nothing. I slipped on my feet in the bathroom and the sharp edge of the tap hit on my head. It's fine."

"Nothing? Fine?" Mom yells in anger, "You have seven stitches, Avi. An inch below the eyebrow you would have lost your eye. This isn't fine."

"I know, Mom," I hold her hand, "I'm feeling better now."

"How can you be so clumsy, Avi," Ridha laughs, "Look, your nephew, he is laughing too."

I touch her belly and feel the baby moving.

"Did you guys contact the doctor, Deva?" Dad asks.

Deva nods, "The doctor came and he inspected the wound. Saying that the cut is deep, he stitched the wound and put a drip to her for weakness. After a week it can be removed."

"This girl," Mom grits her teeth in annoyance making me pout, "Since a kid you are always a mess, Avi. I will tie your hands and legs for a week now."

I laugh and try to sit but I wince. Dad immediately helps me and I smile, "Thanks, Dad."

"Get something for her. She will eat and sleep for some time. Tomorrow I will contact the doctor once again," Dad says, standing up and he kisses my forehead.

"If you forget, I am a doctor, Dad," I smirk.

He pinches the tip of my nose, "Clumsy doctor."

"Btw, did Viaan come for you, Avi?" Ridha asks, "He told me he has a surprise for you."

I look down and wet my lips. The flashes of the last few hours flinch me inside. His so-called surprise when he suddenly fished out condoms forcing me to have sex with him.

"He had a last-minute meeting, so he couldn't come," I whisper.

Dad looks at me skeptically, "Avi, are you telling the truth?" he inspects my cheek, "There are fingerprints here."

I immediately move his hands off my face and kiss his palm, "I'm telling the truth, Dad."

His eyes fill up and he cups my face, "Are you happy with Viaan?"

Why didn't you ask it before?
Why didn't you ask me on the day they fixed my marriage without asking me?
Why didn't you see the pain in my eyes until today, Dad?

"Are you happy, Dad?" I ask him.

"It doesn't matter if I am happy, Avi. It's you who is going to lead your life with him," he says, "Yeah, I agree. Viaan is the best man a father can trust with their daughter but it's just not my trust, Avi. It's about understanding, love, and trust between you both."

I close my eyes. Annu’s last smile and Shreyan's anger and disgust-filled eyes flash.

"You fucking made me a fool."

"Stop spilling out your crocodile tears, Avyuktha," "Don't fucking come in front of me again."

"Then, fuck off."

"Fucking don't let my name roll out of your tongue."

"I'm happy with Viaan, Dad," He smiles.

Later Mom feeds me and makes me eat medicines.

"Sleep tight, baby," she kisses my cheeks, "I told to Viaan's family. They will come tomorrow to meet you."

I nod and leave the room.

"I didn't know you could act this well," Ishu mocks.

"Habituated," I chuckle, "Since Annu left I am habituated to being like this."

For the first time, she doesn't scold me for thinking about Annu instead she smiles seeming to consider him.

I caress the gift box that I was holding since Viaan tried to burn it. Hugging it to my chest, I wipe my tears.

"Knock! Knock!" Someone knocks on my balcony door.

Deva jerks at the creepy intruder at this time.

"Avyuktha, I want to marry you. Open the door. Let's elope."

Shreyan?

***********

How’s the chap?

What do you guys think of Viaan?

Will he remember what he did and try to make things fine between him and Avi?

Will Avyuktha forgive Viaan?

Will her decision to marry Viaan be the same?

What will Shreyan do if he knows about Avi’s incident?

Btw, is it Shreyan at the end????

Share your views!

Stay tuned...

Surya.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

863K 51.5K 49
𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐞𝐛𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬, 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 �...
131K 8.5K 33
" Do..n't... come.. to..me..mee ...." --- with closed eyes She said with her horrified trembling voice . " Blossom , listen to me Blossom , it's ju...
222K 8.1K 31
"Vihaan wait....." I shout. He flinches or was it my imagination. "How are you?" I ask in broken voice. He turns and this time I flinch. His eyes a...
Abandoned wife By Abhi

General Fiction

977K 38.1K 48
Vindictive words of your beloved hurts the most. At first you are taken aback. You won't believe its from them. It cause unbearable pain at first but...