GOT - | THOROUGHBRED | (Marga...

By LekkerMarc

The Lannister bastard, a young man whose life is full of lies. The son of the famous Kingslayer. This young m... More

|⚔︎|-| INTRODUCTION |
|⚔︎|-| I |
|⚔︎|-| II |
|⚔︎|-| III |
|⚔︎|-| IV |
|⚔︎|-| V |
|⚔︎|-| VI |
|⚔︎|-| VII |
|⚔︎|-| VIII |
|⚔︎|-| IX |
-| II |-
|⚔︎|-| II |-| III |
|⚔︎|-| II |-| IV |
|⚔︎|-| II |-| V |
|⚔︎|-| II |-| VI |
|⚔︎|-| II |-| VII |
|⚔︎|-| II |-| VIII |
|⚔︎|-| II |-| IX |
|⚔︎|-| II |-| X |
|⚔︎|-| III |-| I |
|⚔︎|-| III |-| III |
|⚔︎|-| III |-| IV |
|⚔︎|-| III |-| V |
|⚔︎|-| III |-| VI |
|⚔︎|-| III |-| VII | ( I )
|⚔︎|-| III |-| VII | ( 2 )
|⚔︎|-| III |-| VIII |

|⚔︎|-| III |-| II |

2.6K 98 7
By LekkerMarc

•-| 🦁 |-•

- II -
( Dark Wings, Dark Words )

-| King's Landing |-

Thoryn stands by Lady Olenna side as she sits before her designated patio while servants prepare it. They wait for Margaery and Sansa to join them as Lady Olenna has questions for her. The seating courtyard is full of high born Ladies who all sneak looks at Thoryn Lannister. His stoic and cut image is one many find desirable. Thoryn can see Margaery talking with a servant at the entrance of the seating area, he can't keep his eyes off her. Her dress cinched perfectly at the waist as the light blue compliments her smooth skin tone. Lady Olenna notices and decides to break his gaze.

OLENNA: "I see the cuts and bruises are healing nicely, Thoryn."

THORYN: "Oh, yes. They are."

OLENNA: "You will have permanent marks of bravery and courage to remind you of that night."

THORYN: "I will, scars to show those I'm not the one to mess with."

Thoryn and Lady Olenna smile at one another. Lady Olenna pinches Thoryn's cheek. Loras and Sansa approach the garden.

MARGAERY: "You're such a dear." She says to her brother who escorted the Lady Sansa.

LORAS: "I'll take my leave. Lady Sansa."

SANSA: "Thank you, Ser Loras."

MARGAERY: "Come. Lady Sansa, it is my honor to present my grandmother the Lady Olenna of House Tyrell."

They walk to Lady Olenna, who remains seated. Thoryn stands straight in the presence of Margaery and Sansa, he stands stoically as the two ladies smile gracefully.

OLENNA: "Kiss me, child

Olenna extends her hand and Sansa kisses it in greeting. Thoryn looks at Margaery up and down, she catches him staring and grins to herself.

OLENNA: "It's so good of you to visit me and my foolish flock of hens. We're very sorry for your losses."

SANSA: "And I was sorry when I heard of Lord Renly's death, Lady Margaery. He was very gallant."

OLENNA: "Gallant, yes. And charming and very clean. He knew how to dress and smile and somehow this gave him the notion he was fit to be king."

Thoryn scratches his head and temple, knowing Margaery will have something to say.

MARGAERY: "Renly was brave and gentle, Grandmother. Father liked him and so did Loras."

And Thoryn was right.

OLENNA: "Loras is young and very good at knocking men off horses with a stick. That does not make him wise. Thoryn is the perfect example of bravery, his loyalty and devotion to this Kingdom makes him a great leader."

Thoryn smiles as he takes a bite out of an apple he picked from the garden.

OLENNA: "As to your fathead father-"

MARGAERY: "Grandmother! What will Sansa think of us?" she said chuckling of disbelief.

Thoryn covers his mouth to shield his chuckle.

OLENNA: "She might think we have some wits about us. One of us, at any rate. It was treason. I warned them. Robert has two sons and Renly has an older brother. How could he possibly have any claim to that ugly iron chair? We should have stayed well out of all this if you ask me. But once the cow's been milked, there's no squirting the cream back up her udders. So here we are to see things through. What do you say to that, Sansa? Shall we have some lemon cakes?"

SANSA: "Lemon cakes are my favorite."

OLENNA: "So we've been told. (to the servant) Are you going to bring the food or do you mean to starve us to death? Here, Sansa, come sit with me. I'm much less boring than these others."

They move to a table away from the others. Thoryn moves to the side to allow Lady Olenna and Lady Sansa through to the prepared table first. Thoryn steps before Margaery, stopping her in her tracks.

THORYN: "You look mesmerizing today, My Lady." he says as he grabs a lemon cake and takes a bite out of it.

MARGAERY: "I do it for you... Your Grace." she whispered the last part before wiping the corner of his mouth. She licks the lemon cream of her finger before joining Olenna and Sansa. Thoryn blushes hard.

Thoryn stands in shock with a bright blush before joining the Ladies.

OLENNA: "Do you know my son? The Lord of Highgarden?"

SANSA: "I haven't had the pleasure."

Margaery and Thoryn sit down at the table. Margaery sits beside Olenna while Thoryn sits beside Sansa.

OLENNA: "No great pleasure, believe me. A ponderous oaf. His father was an oaf as well. My husband, the late Lord Luthor. He managed to ride off a cliff whilst hawking. They say he was looking up at the sky and paying no mind to where his horse was taking him. And now my son is doing the same, only this time he's riding a lion instead of a horse. Now I want you to tell me the truth about this royal boy, this Joffrey."

SANSA: "I-, I-"

OLENNA: "You, you. Who else would know better? We've heard some troubling tales. Is there any truth to them? Has this boy mistreated you?"

Sansa looks down and doesn't reply.

OLENNA: "Has he ripped out your tongue?"

THORYN: "My Lady, if you will... allow her time. Lady Sansa... I know you know we think the same of him, it won't hurt to tell the truth, the truth many think."

SANSA: "Joff-King Joffrey, he-His Grace is very fair and handsome and as brave as a lion"

THORYN: "Ugh... it should be treason to falsely describe someone." he leaning back in his chair, rolling his eyes before calming himself again.

OLENNA: "Yes, all Lannisters are lions. And when a Tyrell farts, it smells like a rose. But how kind is he? How clever? Has he a good heart, a gentle hand?"

Thoryn stifles a laugh.

MARGAERY: "I'm to be his wife. I only want to know what that means."

A servant approaches and brings a platter.

OLENNA: "Bring me some cheese."

SERVANT: "The cheese will be served after the cakes, my lady."

OLENNA: "The cheese will be served when I want it served. And I want it served now."

The servant pauses and looks at Thoryn, he seeks his opinion or approval as he sees him as his King. He smiles and nods, allowing the servant to exit quickly.

OLENNA: "Are you frightened, child? No need for that. We're only women here... plus Thoryn. Tell us the truth. No harm will come to you."

SANSA: "My father always told the truth."

OLENNA: "Yes, he had that reputation. And they named him traitor and took his head."

THORYN: "Joffrey... it was just him... not they. He was the one."

SANSA: "Prince Thoryn is right, Joffrey did that. He promised he would be merciful and he cut my father's head off. And he said that was mercy. Then he took me up on the walls and made me look at it."

Sansa holds back tears.

OLENNA: "Go on."

Sansa regains her composure.

SANSA: "I-I can't. I never meant-my father was a traitor. My brother as well. I have traitor's blood. Please don't make me say anymore."

THORYN: "It's okay, my Lady." He says to comfort Sansa.

MARGAERY: "She's terrified, Grandmother. Just look at her."

OLENNA: "Speak freely, child. We would never betray your confidence, I swear it."

SANSA: "He's a monster." she finally admitted.

OLENNA: "Ah. That's a pity."

THORYN: "Anyone could've told you that... it's visible."

SANSA: "Please, don't stop the wedding."

OLENNA: "Have no fear. The Lord Oaf of Highgarden is determined that Margaery shall be Queen. Even so, we thank you for the truth. Ah, here comes my cheese."

The servant sets down the tray and slips away. Sansa sighs in resignation as Thoryn looks down at his plate, unsure of the feelings flowing through him. Jealousy? Uneasiness? Nervousness?

Thoryn can't deny he loves Margaery, he couldn't possibly accept seeing her with anyone else but him. He wants her all to himself.

A knight approaches Thoryn and whispers in his ear. The Lannister nods at the knight in understanding.

THORYN: "I'm sorry, my Ladies. I have business to attend to. Have a blessed rest of your day."

He nods his head in respect before leaving the gardens. His presence was requested by his Grandfather... or basically his other father as Tywin has raised the young Lion.

He walks in to see Tywin sitting at his desk doing nothing but waiting for Thoryn. Usually he's busy signing papers or reading messages from ravens. But this time... it was a serious matter.

Thoryn sits down across from his grandfather and sits quietly waiting for Tywin to say something as he stares deeply into his grandson's eyes.

TYWIN: "When did your so called feelings and attractions for Lady Margaery begin?"

THORYN: "What?"

TYWIN: "Your mother told me... now, this is where you answer my question, Thoryn."

THORYN: "I started having feelings for her when we met at the Tournament."

TYWIN: "That long ago?"

THORYN: "Yes."

TYWIN: "You two seem awkwardly close, what's your history with her? Did you fuck her?"

THORYN: "Ahh... um... I-" he stuttered out as he was surprised by his grandfather's question.

TYWIN: "Thoryn, tell me."

THORYN: "Yes, I did... it was once and nothing came of it, we were safe and it won't affect anything you have planned."

TYWIN: "That I have planned? We've been working together on this, my grandson... and... I want you to know that I don't care that you fucked her. But it can't happen again... not until it's legal to do so."

THORYN: "I understand, grandfather."

TYWIN: "All of this would just be so much easier if you were born a year later."

THORYN: "Indeed, it would've been... but I have faith this will all work out in the end."

TYWIN: "It will, it has to... now, to ensure it does work out, I need you to give Ser Loras the honor and privilege of being your guard."

THORYN: "This will pose as another "gift" to the Tyrells on my behalf?"

TYWIN: "Precisely, Lady Olenna shall be honored by it and so will Ser Loras."

———

Thoryn is currently in his chambers, he's reading a book, a book on leadership and positive instruction... things kings should learn.

He is startled by a knock on his door, he springs up from his bed, wanting to know who came to visit him late at night. He opens the door to see a teary eyed Margaery. His heart sinks. He opens the door wider for her to walk in, he closes it before being hugged tightly. He doesn't know what's wrong but decides to comfort her, lovingly.

She starts to cry, Thoryn pulls back to whip her tears.

THORYN: "What's wrong? What happened?"

MARGAERY: "I can't do this." she sobbed out.

THORYN: "Do what?"

MARGAERY: "Marry Joffrey, he's impossible. You have no idea how much I have to fake it."

THORYN: "It won't last for long, he gets bored of everything quickly... including an incredible woman such as yourself, Marg. And trust me, I know how exhausting it can be to fake it."

MARGAERY: "Why can't I just marry you and still become the Queen?"

Thoryn chuckled.

THORYN: "You must know something, Margaery... I'm the queen's first born son, her and Jaime had me a year before Cersei married Robert."

MARGAERY: "What?! You're... the rumors are true?"

THORYN: "You mean the ones were the late king's children are bastards? Yeah, I've heard."

MARGAERY: "No... well yes, but... the one where you are the true king. Why aren't you?"

THORYN: "Because my relation to Cersei had been kept a secret since I was born to avoid treason. We can't just all of a sudden make it known."

MARGAERY: "With the support and backing you have, you can, Thor."

THORYN: "But at what cost?"

MARGAERY: "Your parents are the ones who committed the crime, not you... the people want you, matter of fact they need you."

THORYN: "Margaery, stop."

MARGAERY: "It's the truth, Thor."

THORYN: "Commiting treason is the only way that would work... we can't risk it."

MARGAERY: "I can't marry him."

THORYN: "I'll make sure he doesn't do anything to you... I promise."

MARGAERY: "Please do... he's obsessed with violence and killing things."

THORYN: "He's not King material, I'll give you that... but I promise he won't hurt you."

MARGAERY: "There must be something I can do to ensure you become king and to ensure that I become your queen."

THORYN: "Margae-"

MARGAERY: "Thor, I'm sick of people telling me I can't or shouldn't do anything simply because I'm a woman... let me help you play this game for the Iron Throne. Let us join our minds to get what we want which is each other and power." she said as she stroked his jaw and chin gently, drawing him in.

THORYN: "Together."

Margaery places her hand flat on the side of his face, with her other on his chest. She tilts her head up and stands on her toes to whispering his ear.

MARGAERY: "Nothing can stop us. We are an impenetrable force of love, bravery, power and deception. We are the true King and Queen of the Seven Kingdoms."

She hugs him tightly in gratitude for his support and protection... and for allowing her to secretly join his plan. She felt safe with him and in his arms, she only wished she could stay like this forever... soon that will come to reality.

———
🦁
———

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.6K 1.8K 49
Jaime made a deal for Tyrions life. Tywin has come to collect. Rieka didnt sign up for marrying both Lannister brothers within a few moons yet here f...
275K 9K 128
Prince, dragonrider, spymaster, heir to the Iron Throne... Aeonar Targaryen had it all growing up and strived to prove his worth. But when the people...
68.8K 1.7K 22
Tyrion Lannister, youngest son of Tywin Lannister, has a tendency for falling for women he shouldn't. After all, his first wife was a whore and then...
18.2K 733 69
Having found out the truth about the nights watch from Wynafryd Manderly, Jon snow can't help but feel his father is trying to get rid of him by send...