Fate's Chosen (OC Male Reader...

By Jirai14

Hakuya Fujimaru has never had it easy. From losing his parents, to having to work multiple jobs to support hi... More

Prologue Pt.1
Prologue Pt.2
Chapter 1 - A Girl?
Chapter 2 - An Interesting Development
Notice - Will be taken off tomorrow (Identical Notice)
Chapter 3 - Pasts and Dinosaurs
Chapter 4 - Final Boss and a Knight
Chapter 5 - Truth, Preparations and a Rabbit?
Chapter 6 - A Bunny Eared Dilemma
Chapter 7 - Verbergen and ???
Chapter 8 - Brooke and An Annoyance

Prologue Pt.3

1.8K 53 25
By Jirai14

(No one's POV)

(Hakuya's current armor)

It's currently the following day and everyone had gathered together and were taken to the labyrinth for combat training, as they lined up ready to head into the labyrinth.

Meld: Listen up! Everyone helps each other in the labyrinth. No matter what, got that?

Everyone: Got it!

After entering the labyrinth, the group started to head to the lower floors, killing monsters as they went, switching out those at front every now and then. Hakuya would draw the monsters to him while Hajime weakened them. At one point, when they reached the 20th floor, a hidden monster got behind them and nearly got Hajime, only to be hit by Hakuya with his shield into the wall, killing it.

Hakuya: You good?

Hajime: Yeah, thanks.

Daisuke: Why do you bother holding a weapon? You're completely useless.

Hearing Daisuke, Hajime gave a tired laugh, while Hakuya glared at Daisuke, readying his fist. However, before he could do anything he noticed Kaori and Shizuku walk over to them.

Kaori: Are you ok, Nagumo? Hakuya?

Hajime: Yeah.

Hakuya: I'm fine.

Kouki: You need to work harder, Nagumo. If I were you, I'd be using every bit of my free time to train and get stronger.

When Kouki said that, Hakuya got extremely annoyed and was about to confront him, which Shizuku noticed. However, before anything could happen Kaori spoke, as she had spotted a glowing crystal.

Kaori: What's that? It's so shiny and sparkly.

Meld: That's a Glanz crystal and a pretty big one at that. It doesn't have any special properties, however, it is pretty popular amongst nobles.

Kaori: It's beautiful.

Hearing that, Daisuke started climbing the wall, towards the crystal.

Daisuke: Well, then, I'll grab it for you!

Meld: Hey! Don't act own your own! We haven't even checked if it's safe!

Daisuke ignored Meld and continued on, as he touched the crystal, everyone was blinded by a bright light. As the light died down, everyone saw that they were on a bridge. But ahead of them, appeared a black magic circle, and from it emerged a huge monster that was about 10 meters in length. It was shaped similarly to a triceratops, with a head like a bull and two massive horns sprouting from it's head, and it's eyes glowed red. Everyone stood shocked and terrified.

Hakuya: What the hell is that?!

Hajime: Is that a Demonic Beast?!

Meld: You kids... Turn back and run...

Kouki: Wait, Meld, we'll help you fight-

Meld: Fool! Just do as I say! That's a Behemoth! Even the strongest party that made it to the 65th floor couldn't put a dent in it! You have to run away while I hold it here!

The rest of the class listened and started to run away towards to stair, terrified but were stopped by another black magic circle.

Shizuku: Wait! There's a black magic circle up ahead too!

Suddenly from the magic circle, multiple Skeleton soldiers appeared, cornering everyone, making them panic.

Knight#1: Calm yourselves! They're Traum soldiers from the 38th floor. If we put our strength together we can defeat them.

Knight#2: Fight! The commander is still protecting the rear.

Shizuku and Ryotarou started to rally the other students.

Ryotarou: Alright! C'mere you bony fellas!

Shizuku: Everyone, keep calm and enter battle formations! Support the knights and we'll break through!

As everyone started fighting the skeletons, everyone was being overwhelmed by the sheer numbers, when Hakuya looked around and saw,

Yuka, who was cornered by multiple Skeletons, and quickly ran and used his shield to smash the Skeletons, destroying them, shocking her.

Hakuya: Are you alright?

Yuka: F-Fujimaru?

Hakuya: Hurry and get back, Sonobe!

Yuka: R-Right!

As Hakuya heard the Behemoth roar, he saw everyone getting overwhelmed and Kouki talking to Meld.

Hajime: This is bad... if we don't do something, everyone's going to die!

Hakuya gritted his teeth and ran to Kouki.

Hakuya: Amanogawa! We need to retreat!

Kouki: What?!

Hajime: We need you to lead the front! Your the strongest one here, if you don't do anything, everyone's gonna die!

Hakuya: So get your head out your ass, stop thinking about yourself and go help your friends!

Kouki looked at Hajime and Hakuya dumbfounded,

Kouki: Nagumo... Fujimaru...

Kouki then looked back to the Behemoth.

Kouki: Then what about that monster?! We can't just leave it alone!

Hakuya and Hajime both looked at each other, as they looked to Kouki.

Hajime: I have an idea. Leave the Behemoth to us.

As Shizuku, Ryotarou and the others were being overwhelmed, a number of the Skeletons were suddenly blown away by Kouki.

Shizuku: Kouki?!

Kouki: Are you alright, Shizuku? Everyone, sorry for being late! We need to cut our way through here! While the Behemoth is confined, the magic unit is to immediately go to Commander Meld and follow his instructions! I'll cut open a path! Leave the forward to me! Fujimaru and Nagumo will hold the rear, we will provide protection.

When Kouki said that, Kaori's eyes widened in completely shocked.

Kaori's thought's: Hakuya and Nagumo will...?!

With Hakuya and Hajime, the two were with Meld, about to carry out Hajime's plan.

Meld: Think you boys can do this?

Hajime: Yeah!

Hakuya: We got this!

Meld: Alright, then let's do this!

As Meld said that, Hakuya brought out his shield in front of him and activated one of his new skills <Honorable Wall of Snowflakes> on Hajime, Meld and himself. Feeling a difference in his endurance, Meld looked to Hakuya.

Meld: Thanks kid.

Hakuya: No problem.

Meld then rushed the Behemoth, unleashing a powerful attack, briefly stunning the beast.

Meld: Go! I'm counting on you both!

Hakuya and Hajime: Got it!

Both Hakuya and Hajime ran to the Behemoth, as it tried hitting them, only to be blocked by Hakuya.

Hakuya: Hajime!

Hajime: Got it! Transmute!

Hajime created walls of rock, immobilizing the Behemoth, as Hakuya jumped away from it.

Meld: Magic unit! Are your preparations ready? Attack the Behemoth as soon as those boys retreat!

As Hakuya and Hajime kept the Behemoth at bay, it started to break free.

Hakuya: Shit!

Hajime: This isn't going to hold for much longer....!

Meld: Boys! It's ready! Run!

Both Hakuya and Hajime promptly followed Meld's orders and started to run back, as the magic unit started firing at the Behemoth, holding it at bay.

Hakuya's thought's: Alright, Hajime's plan worked, we're gonna make it!

As Hakuya ran, he noticed one of the fireballs heading towards him and Hajime, as Hajime was blasted back, shocking everyone.

Hakuya's thought's: What?! That fireball turned to hit Hajime?!

Hakuya then looked and saw the one that shot the fireball, as he was smirking, making Hakuya narrow his eyes.

Hakuya's thought's: That son of a bi--

Before Hakuya could finish his thought, he looked back and saw the Behemoth, about to ram Hajime, as he got in front of the Behemoth stopping it with his shield, surprising everyone, as it pushed them back.

After stopping the Behemoth, Hakuya quickly grabbed Hajime, trying to drag him back. However, the backlash from stopping the Behemoth took more out of him then he thought.

Hakuya's thought's: Come on! Damn it!

Shizuku: Watch out!

Hearing Shizuku, Hakuya looked to see the Behemoth looking at him, as it slammed it's head onto the bridge, destroying it, causing both Hakuya, Hajime and the Behemoth itself to fall into the dungeons abyss, shocking everyone, as Kaori called out to them.

Kaori: Nagumo!!! Hakuya!!!

(Present)

After recalling what had lead to his current situation, Hakuya attempted to move his body, only to feel nothing.

Hakuya's thought's: So that's how I ended up like this....

(His current position)

Currently, Hakuya was lying on the ground, somehow surviving the massive fall from the bridge. However, as he found that while he managed to survive the fall, it seems to have left him mostly paralyzed, with the only thing that he could move being his head. He can't even remember how long it's been since the fall and was somewhat surprised by the fact that he had not seen or heard any monsters near him.

Hakuya's thought's: Why did this have to happen? Why am I even alive right now?

As Hakuya closed his eyes, his thoughts went to when he was younger and was told that his parents had passed in an accident. He was only 12 at the time, with Reina being 11 and Misaki being 1. When none of their relatives could take in all three and they were going to be spilt up, he decided he would take care of his sisters. His relatives tried to tell him that he couldn't and he stubbornly kept saying he would, so his relatives reluctantly decided to let him do it however Kaori's parents would check on them weekly.

Hakuyu's thought's: So this is how my life ends... Being separated from my family and dying in this world just because someone decided that we had to fight their battle... Maybe it's time that I just--

(Flashback)

Currently Hakuya was busy doing chores in the kitchen, when Reina came in from putting Misaki to sleep she appeared somewhat depressed. Seeing this, Hakuya was confused.

Hakuya: What's wrong Reina?

Reina: I wanted to ask you something if that's fine?

Hakuya: That's fine, ask away.

Reina: You'll always be there for us, right?

Hearing his sister, Hakuya stopped what he was doing and went to Reina.

Hakuya: That's right. Where's this coming from?

Reina: I'm just scared that you'll end up going somewhere far away us.

As Reina said that, she had tears in her eyes and was sniffling, as Hakuya walked up to her and hugged her.

Hakuya: I've told you before that I'm not going anywhere. I'll always be with you and Misaki.

As he finished he wiped Reina's tears away, as she looked at him.

Hakuya: Always remember that I'll always be here, and if for some reason I'm not, what am I doing?

Hearing what her brother said, Reina giggled and replied.

Reina: "I'll be coming right back, and not even the Gods will stop me from doing so."

Hakuya: That's right.

Reina: I love you, big brother.

Hakuya smiled, continuing to hug her.

Hakuya: I love you to, little sis.

(Present)

Hakuya's eyes suddenly shot open, as he attempted to move, using every bit of strength that he had left.

Hakuya's thought's: I'm gonna get back home... To my world... I will see my family again! This separate world... God's mission, screw all of it! This world can burn for all I care! Everything standing in my way of getting home... to my family, is my enemy! I will find a way back... And when I do... Everything that stands in my way, even the Gods themselves...

Hakuya's eyes filled and shined with an unbreakable conviction.

Hakuya's thought's: I'll kill them.

????: So you are willing to stand against God's.

As Hakuya made his declaration with unnerving calmness, he heard a voice speak out to him. Looking around, Hakuya responded.

Hakuya: Who's there?!

????: By your feet.

The voice said, as Hakuya looked towards his feet, only to see a blurry silhouette of some sort of creature.

????: I do not have much time, so I'll be brief. Do you wish to return to your home?

Hakuya: Yes, I do!

????: Even if you aren't the same person you once were?

Hakuya: I just want to see my family again! And if I have to give something up to do that, I'll gladly!

As Hakuya spoke, the creature saw his resolve and resolution.

????: Very well.

As the creature spoke, it floated over to Hakuya's head and seems to have put it's paw on his head. Seeing Hakuya's confusion the creature spoke.

????: I will not be granting you power. However, I will be awakening the power you already posses. <Sigh> Haah, if only that wretched wizard had performed the spell properly, I wouldn't have had to come and do this.

Upon hearing the creature, Hakuya asked what he meant.

Hakuya: What do you mean by---

????: I will be transferring the knowledge that you need to awaken. Now this will hurt, so try and stay calm.

Hakuya: What do you mean it will hurt?

Once Hakuya finished speaking, he started screaming in pain as a bunch of information flooded into his head.

As Hakuya continued to scream and writhe, the creature floated near him and watched as parts of his hair started changing colour, making his hair black with white stripes.

After about 30 minutes of constant pain, Hakuya's screams had died down, as the creature spoke.

????: Are you still alive?

As the creature asked, it heard no reply until a slight grunt became audible.

????: Good. Now then, I can't very well leave with you still in this state, so I need you to repeat after me ok?

Hakuya: ...

????: "Heroic Spirit of the Sword, Oh King of Knights grant me the strength I seek. Noble Phantasm, The Everdistant Utopia, Materialize." Now it's your turn.

With the creature's statement, Hakuya attempted the chant.

Hakuya: "Heroic Spirit... of the Sword, Oh King... of Knights grant me... the strength I seek. Noble Phantasm, The Everdistant Utopia, Materialize."

Upon finishing the chant, Hakuya was enveloped by a bright light, as he could just make out that some sort of sheath had appeared above his chest and descended into his chest. Once the light died down, the creature spoke.

????: Try moving now.

Hearing the creature, Hakuya attempted to move, to find that he could move without problem. As Hakuya sat up, he saw that his arm had a massive wound, only for it to start glowing and the wound to be gone once the glowing stopped.

Hakuya: What the---

????: Now that you're healed, I'll be going. Ah, before I go though, a word of caution. If you wish to return to your world, there will be power far stronger than anything in this world, that you will encounter and it wish's to eradicate all life. Should it be allowed to fully awaken, your world may very well perish after this one.

Hearing what the creature had just said, Hakuya got up and spoke.

Hakuya: What are you talking about?! What do you mean, my world might perish?!

As Hakuya questioned, he noticed how the creature was slowly disappearing.

????: It seems my time is up.

Hakuya: Hold on! You haven't told me what you meant!

????: The only thing I can tell you is to be wary of the 72.

As the creature said that, it disappeared into golden particles, as Hakuya stood there confused.

Hakuya's thought's: What did he mean 72? <Sigh> For now, considering that I'm healed up, let's get out of this dungeon.

As Hakuya said that, he looked around him and noticed a small pool of water and decided to drink some, as he was thirsty. As he drank, he noticed that his appearance happened to change a small bit, with his black hair now having white strips.

Hakuya: My hair changed? And now that I think about it, I feel lighter then before...

Hakuya inspected his body and saw that he was a bit more muscular.

Hakuya: It's not much, but my body does seemed to have changed... I wonder...

As he spoke, Hakuya took out his status plate and turned it on. However, he was a tad surprised by what he saw.

Hakuya Fujimaru

17 Years Old

Male

Class: Summoner / Master

Skills: Language Comprehension, Materialize, Spirit Possession, Heroic Summon

STR: B+

END: A

AGL:A

MP: A+

LUK:A++

NP: ?

Hakuya: What? All my stats seemed to have gotten better, except for Endurance and I seem to have gotten a new skill as well. Is this what that creature meant when it said it was awakening my power?

As Hakuya was thinking about what happened, he started hearing sounds in the distance, which confused him.

Hakuya: Was that... a gunshot?

Hearing the noise, Hakuya made his way to where had been heard the shot and once he arrived, he saw a one-armed man with white hair and red eyes, that appeared to be stood next to a dead bear type monster.

Hakuya: The hell?

As Hakuya spoke, the man noticed him and turned around, and shot his gun at him.

As the bullet was fired, Hakuya's body moved unconsciously and materialized a blade in his hand, using it to cut the bullet in half.

???: What!?

After slicing the bullet, Hakuya looked at the sword that he was now holding.

Hakuya's thoughts: Rider... Usumidori...

Without waring, the man fired his gun again, only for Hakuya to dodge the shot with ease.

After dodging the second shot, Hakuya rushed the man dodging the bullets and slicing through some. Soon, Hakuya appeared before the man with his sword at the mans throat, while the man had his gun right in Hakuya's face. However, after getting a better look at Hakuya, the man was shocked.

???: Hakuya?!

Hakuya: Hajime?

____________________________________________________________

Thank you all for reading and a Merry Christmas to all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.4K 624 35
(Y/N), embrace the darkness!!!! At Last!!!! I FEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Y/N) (L/N) was born in the New York City and he was become homeless little boy...
6.2K 340 15
Itadori finds himself in a world similar to his own, but something happened, now he is in a war, the Holy Grail war. While Itadori tries to unravel w...
30.5K 552 12
Jin's life has always been rough from the death of his Parents and Little Sister, to moving in with his abusive uncle and aunt. He became detached an...
34K 658 54
Khiry Cleveland is a University student. He is Naofumi Iwatani pen pal from USA. During that time, Khiry & Naofumi send items from their side to each...