This Feeling

Bởi Urban_Elle

As a beauty entrepreneur and public figure, Nicole knows how important it is to look good on the outside. She... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 16

441 26 4
Bởi Urban_Elle

"But I know when I am wrong
Give you a reason to just move on
Apologizing ain't fixing the things I've done
But baby, I'm promising you that I won't do this again
Do you believe in a second chance?
Won't give you another reason to second guess
Nothing to regret, I'll do my best for you."
Mariah the Scientist "Only Human"

Tae

*************************************************
I heard the doorbell ring. This girl just left.

"Nicole, did you forget your keys?" I quickly glanced at the island for the keys as I jogged to the door. I pulled it open and my goofy smile fell from my face. I was shocked to see Shawn standing in front of me.

"Shawn." He's been off social media and ignoring my calls done our blowup.

"You ready to talk?"

"Yeah." He walked inside and I followed him after closing the door. "Shawn, I—."

"Look, I've been running our last conversation in my mind everyday and I decided that we can move past this, but..."

"But what?"

"I want to get even."

"Even? How?"

"You need to let me get my lick back."

"So you want to sleep with someone?" Is he out of his mind?

"It's only right." He shrugged. "And I already know who I want it to be."

"Who?"

"Nicole."
*************************************************

My eyes shot open. It was just a dream.

God forbid, God forbid, God forbid. I reject it in Jesus name.

You better had said Amen.

I would never allow Shawn to sleep with Nicole under any circumstance. There are too many men out there for me to do something like that just to get him back. And, there's no way he'll get that opportunity before I do.

I'm just playing.

I heard a noise downstairs that sounded like a soft drill. I checked the time on my phone and it was 6:43. I sat up and got off the bed, putting on my fuzzy slippers and walking into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face.

I strolled downstairs to see Nicole using her Nutri Bullet. She didn't realize I was standing there until Leo came over to me. That's when she stopped.

"Sorry. Did I wake you?"

"No, you're good. What are you doing up so early on a Saturday?"

"I'm going running with Leo. I'm just making a little smoothie before we go. You want some?"

"What's in it?"

"Pineapple, peaches, coconut water, spinach—."

"Spinach? I'll pass."

"I bet if this was a milkshake, you would have gladly accepted it."

"Mhmmm, you already know. Can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead."

"If my life was on the line and the person who kidnapped me or whatever said that the only way you could save me was that you would have to sleep with him, would you do it?"

"Hell nah." She crunched up her face.

"You said that with no hesitation."

"I'm sorry, but you would be saying your last prayer. I would make sure to buy you some beautiful flowers for your funeral. I would even sing your favorite Patti LaBelle song through my tears."

"Oh my God. You are terrible. How have we been friends for this long?"

"Would you do it?" I hide my face. "Exactly."

"I mean, if he's cute."

"See, that's why you're in the mess you're in now. Thinking with your d*ck and not your head."

"Don't remind me."

"I'm not going to lie to you. I probably wouldn't even do it for my Momma."

"Wow, I'm going to tell her that."

"Go ahead. I asked her that same question a few years ago and you know what she told me?"

"What?"

"She was still young and could have another child. She was not going to sacrifice herself for a child who was dumb enough to get in that situation."

"Y'all need therapy." I shook my head, grabbing a banana.

"Whatever. Why did you ask me that question anyway? You owe somebody money?"

"No, I just had a crazy *ss dream."

"Tell me about it."

"I probably shouldn't."

"Just tell me. I'm guessing I was in it."

"Yeah. Now, don't freak out because it was just a dream."

"Okay."

"Shawn came over and said we could get back together if he could have his own one night stand and he already had someone in mind."

"Who?" I remained quiet and turned my head to the side as I stared her down. I saw the lightbulb click in her head and she looked disgusted.

"I know you f*cking lying. That is absurd. What did you say?"

"I mean, I wanted my man back."

"You are sick."

"I'm just joking. The dream ended there. I would never do that to my bestie."

"I don't know. You've been looking real desperate lately."

"I know. What should I do?"

"Go over to his place today and talk. It's about time."

"You're right."

"Let me go before it gets hot. Do you want to come with us?"

"You see, that wine we drank last night is still messing with my head. I have to check on my upcoming appointments because my phone was blowing up last night when I opened up my bookings. Also, I have to figure out what I'm going to wear to—."

"Okay Tae. You don't need to oversell it. I'll make sure to pray for you because you've got issues. We'll be back."

"Be careful." I grabbed a bowl from the cupboard and a  box of Honey Nut Cheerios from the top of the fridge. I thinly sliced the banana and put the pieces into the cereal. I took a seat in front of my laptop and checked my emails. I made adjustments to my calendar for about an hour before I went to shower.

Nicole came back while I searching for an outfit. After she showered, she came to my room to help me out.

"How does this look?" I came out of the closet, wearing this blue matching set. The bottoms were shorts that stopped mid thigh.

"Are you going over there to apologize or seduce him?"

"Both."

"Tae."

"Then, you find me something." Nicole got up from the bed, and grabbed a knit vest and a pair of jeans. These jeans are loose in the legs, but literally molds around my *ss.

"You'll look cute and innocent while giving off a little sexiness."

"Smart. That's why I can't live without you." I took the hangers from her and placed them on a hook before I started to take my shirt off.

"Hold on. Let me get out first. I'm not trying to see your little tootsie roll." She shielded her eyes, walking out of the closet.

"For your information, I got an extra thick chocolate Twinkie."

"Yeah right."

I changed my clothes and sprayed some cologne all over my body. I went into my jewelry case and pulled out my favorite necklace.

"Can you please help me put this around my neck?"

"Yeah. Is this the one Shawn made for you?"

"Yup, when we were in Paris." I looked at myself into the mirror. Nicole could sense that I was nervous.

"You'll be fine. You can do this. Just remember to listen to how he feels."

"Got it. I am going to get my man back today." I reassured myself.

"You better because I'm not tired of you staying here."

"Rude."

"Good luck!"

During my drive, I kept rehearsing what I was going to say. I almost turned around when I imagined Shawn throwing me out. I took a deep breath when I parked my car in his driveway and got out to go knock on the door. I have a key. I just don't want to walk up in there.

Shawn opened the door. He was shirtless, smoking a blunt. As he blew the smoke in my face, he just stared at me without saying a word.

"Can I come in?" He walked away, leaving the door wide open. I took that as an invitation and stepped inside, closing the door.

"What do you want?"

"I came to get my things."

"You know where your sh*t is." He sat down on the couch and kicked up his feet. He turned up the tv and paid me no mind. I noticed he was watching The Wire.

At this point, I don't think I should bother trying to talk to him because he's obviously done. I went upstairs to the room. I saw that nothing had moved. Our pictures were still on the dresser, my clothes were still hanging in the closet, and my wig stand was still in the corner of the bathroom.

I took out my two suitcases from the closet and packed up all I could. I dragged the bags downstairs to meet him in the same spot.

"I'll be leaving now. If you find anything I might have left behind, you can give it to Nicole or send it to her place." I pulled the luggage behind me after receiving nothing but silence from Shawn.

"Tae."

"Yeah?"

"Drop your key."

"What?"

"Give me your copy of the house key. You won't be needing it anymore. I have someone I want to give it to."

"Who?"

"That's none of your concern."

"No." I responded.

"No?"

"No, I'm not letting someone come in from nowhere and take my place."

"You no longer have a place here. You can just keep the key. I'll just change the locks."

"Shawn, I'm sorry! I never meant to hurt you. Just tell me what I have to do to fix this, to fix us. I don't want to throw away what we've shared. I still love you."

"Did you think about us when you got on your knees for that b*tch *ss n*gga? Did you think about us when you were riding him like a horse or laying on your back, bussing it wide open for him? You threw it all away for one night. I know he's waiting for you. Go and be with him."

"I only want you. I was foolish to have done what I did and I have realized my mistakes. I'll do anything to have you back. I know you still love me."

"You're not the Tae I used to love. He would have been faithful to me. The only person I see in front of me right now is a weak *ss b*tch who runs into the arms of the next n*gga that will give him attention when he feels things have changed in his relationship." He walked towards me, causing me move back until my back touched the floor.

"Shawn, baby." He wrapped his right hand around my neck as he whispered into my ear. He wasn't choking me. He had it just tight enough to die me that he was serious and it turned me on so much to see him like that.

"You said you want me back? I think we can make that happen. Since you want to act like a sl*t, I'll treat you like one. You are going to show me how far you'll go to earn back your spot. The floor is all yours."

Baby, we're back in business.
*************************************************

Nicole

"What are you doing?" I looked away from the tv and turned to Dewayne. I've been patting my stomach for the last five minutes because it feels like it's turning. I'm surprised he noticed because he's been so intrigued with Snowfall.

"I think I'm either having gas or cramps." My period shouldn't be coming until week, but it might be coming early.

"If it's gas, I got a way to get it out."

"How?"

"Lay down on your back?" I rolled off of my stomach as he stood up from the bed. He grabbed my ankles.

"Wait, is this that baby thing?"

"Yeah, I saw it on TikTok."

"I'm not a baby though."

"You're my baby."

"I know you were up to something." I was about to sit up before he gently pushed me back.

"Alright, my bad. Just lay back down."

"Dewayne, you're going to hate me if I actually pass gas."

"You've farted around me before."

"I know but lately, it's been deadly."

"You're good." He first moved my legs like I was riding a bike, then rolled me around in a circular motion. I busted out laughing when he pushed my legs back. "What's so funny?"

"You look so serious even though it's not working."

"So much for lending a hand."

"Thank you though."

"While we're in this position, I can show you my stroke game."

"Boy please."

"You sure?" Before I could answer , my started ringing, it was a FaceTime call from Tae. He started on my screen, and I could see him smiling under the covers while a shower was running in the background.

"I see you got your boo back."

"Yes girl. I might need a plan B the way this man was digging into my guts." Dewayne looked at me in disgust, causing me to giggle.

"Well, I'm glad you guys could work things out. You better not f*ck sh*t up again."

"Never again. I swear on Nicole Fletcher's life that I will never cheat on my future husband again."

"Did you just place a curse on me?"

"I've learned my lesson. I saw how empty I felt without him. Literally."

"Anyway, I'm so excited that I finally have my house back."

"You know you're going to miss me."

"Only because I didn't have to leave the house to get my hair done."

"Whatever. I'll see if I come by tomorrow to get my stuff."

"Don't bother. I'll have them delivered to you."

"You trying to get rid of me that bad?"

"Yeah. Try bringing your chicken legs over here and Leo will bite your *ss."

"Yeah right. He loves me."

"You want to come and find out if that's true?"

"Let me get back to someone who loves me. My man, my man, my man!"

"Bye Tae." I grinned, ending the call.

"You know, you still haven't given me an answer?"

"To what?"

"I asked you to be my girlfriend over a week ago."

"I didn't give you an answer?"

"No Nicole."

"Oh, that's right. See, I started talking to JP and I'm trying to see if it's going anywhere before I give you a response."

"JP?"

"Jordan Poole. When the Wizards played against us last week, he was checking me out and we exchanged numbers. I felt an instant connection. Lord, that man is fine and he knows he's fine." I looked at Dewayne who was mean mugging me. I laid on his shoulder and grabbed his arm.

"Man, get off me."

"Look at you getting all worked up. I was just joking. Tell you what, you'll get an answer by the end of the night."

"Okay."

"Can I get a smile?"

"Nicole, gone."

"Please?"

"Happy now?"

"Thank you. So, what do you wear to a car meet?"

"You're overthinking it. It's causal like going to the movies or to a cookout."

"Am I going to be a passenger princess or do I actually have to get out the car?"

"Whatever you want."

"Isn't this fine then?" I pointed to my current outfit. I had on denim shorts and a tube top.

"I like how they make your *ss look, but I want to be the only one to see it poking out and these thick thighs."

"I guess I should change then."

"I could help you."

"I know you would love to." I stood in my full body mirror as Dewayne came up behind me. He wrapped his left arm around my waist, put his head on my shoulder, and ran his right hand up and down my thigh. I looked up at him and he bent down to kiss me. My phone started ringing in my pocket.

"I'm ready to throw that thing off of a 10 story building." He grumbled. I shook my head, picking up the call.

"What's up Tucson?"

"Hey. I'm at Target. Do you need pressure relief ear plugs or motion sickness patches?"

"No, I'm good. Oh, please get me some bandaids though."

"Got it. So, can I use the business credit card?"

"No. If you try it, you'll hear from my lawyer."

"Damn. I was just joking."

"Bye Tucson."

I went and changed my clothes. I also set aside a lavender dress I want to wear to church service tomorrow.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You're just so beautiful."

"Thank you."

"Let's go."

Dewayne drove us to the lot where they usually have their car meets. It was flooded with all types of black cars. He got out the car and met up with his friends. I was debating whether to get out until I saw one of my models, Jazz.

"Didn't think I would see you here."

"Same here. How are you?"

"I'm good. You here by yourself?"

"No. I came with my friend. You know, Dewayne."

"Mhmmm. Your friend." She did air quotes.

"Whatever. What about you?"

"I came with my husband. He's around here somewhere."

"Awww, you're married? Congratulations."

"Thank you. We've been together for 7 years, but we got married 2 months ago in the courthouse."

"I'm happy for you. You look really happy. So, are car meets a regular thing?"

"Yup, every third Saturday night. It's not always black cars. It depends on the theme for the night."

We continued talking for like 20 minutes. They were playing some good music and a food truck came around, selling some bomb chicken and loaded fries.

"She said why you thug like me that? I don't mean to." I sang along to one of my favorite Rod Wave songs.  We heard the guys singing really loud word for word.  They really felt that in their souls.

"Paint the sky red only for you." Dewayne pointed at me and winked.

"The man is in love."

"He's just being dramatic."

"No, he's not. I don't know y'all history, but if you feel something for him, give him a chance. Let him give your heart a break."

"Okay Demi Lovato."

"I'm serious. Think about it." Jazz's words rang through my head for the rest of the night. Maybe I'll give him a chance. If things don't work out, it's not the end of the world. At least we tried.

"You okay?"

"Yeah." I didn't realize that we already made it to my house. "I want you to spend the night."

"You sure?"

"Yeah. Who said the night was over?"

"Don't mind if I do."

I let us inside the house and went to my room, slipping off my platforms. Dewayne pulled off his jacket and sat down on the bed. I picked up the remote and scripted through my watch list on Peacock.

He pulled me back by the hips until the back of my legs touched his. He lifted me off my feet and laid me down on the bed. 

His lips connected with mine and he climbed on top of mine. I threw the remote onto the floor and wrapped my arms around him. When Dewayne's hands touched the zipper to my top, I stopped him.

"Wait."

"What's wrong? You don't want to do this?"

"I do. I just don't want this to end up like last time." He looked confused at first, but his face softened when he realized what I meant.

"I'm not going anywhere."

"Are you sure?"

"I promise. I'm yours and you're mine."

"Yes."

"Yes to?"

"Yes, I'll be your girlfriend." He smiled from ear to ear.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Your girl is officially off the market.

*Vote and comment. Thank you 🙏 for reading 📖!*

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

528K 22.6K 62
" I ain't never been in love but I swear to god I want to love again" All copy rights reserved©️ (June 4 2020- Feb 9 2021) Editing
29.2K 1.4K 17
"𝙄 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚, 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙙𝙤 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙮 𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮..." 𝙄𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 𝙖 𝙙𝙧�...
176K 4.3K 33
"If I tell you I love you I mean it" Follow the life of Zaramiy The life of a Rapper Baby momma I claim all rights Tune in Read Now #kingvon #babymo...
312K 14.7K 48
Thrown into the bustle of Atlanta after leaving New York, Britney "B" Williams is forced to adapt to a new normal. Not knowing what to expect she uni...