Made of Steel

By Clau_Llerena

Cassandra left her fiancé standing at the altar a few minutes before the wedding and left to Italy. Two years... More

Prologue: I'll make you pay
1. I found you
2. The perfect wife
3. Dreaming awake
4. I've made my decision
5. Signs of Destiny
6. Be careful what you wish for
7. Marry me
8. I do
10. Past, present and future
11. It's show time
12. Keeping a promise
13. I have the power
14. Wedding
15. Unknown Sensations
16. Desire
17. Confused
18. The wedding gift
19. Touch the Sky
20. Gift is here
21. Happy New Year
22. Rage
23. You are mine
24. Wife of lies
25. You fell in love with him
26. My wife
27. The witch is here
28. My cross and my new hobby
29: Woman of Steel
30. Surprises
31. Ice Moon
32. The best player
33. Worried
34. Valentine's Day
35. Mommy
36. Mine
37. Crisis
38. Goodbye to witch's curse
39. Asshole Surgeon
40. Ups and downs
41. I'm in trouble
42. I love you
43. Broken Inside
44. We are done
45. Getting rid of the harpy
46. Pregnant and kidnapped
47. Collapse
48. What once united us, no longer exists
49. Anger and Frustration
50. Ours
51. Secrets and accidents
52. Coma
53. My Man of Steel
54. I need her
55. I'm yours
56. Meeting with the enemy
57. Where are you, Adriano?
58. Fear
59. A bedtime story
Epilogue. Made of Steel

9. Meeting and conditions

137 5 0
By Clau_Llerena

Adriano Di Lauro

The driver opens the door for me to get out while my entourage of bodyguards surround me until I go in to the restaurant. I don't even need to say my name, since I'm a regular client here and besides, all Florence knows the Man of Steel's face. For this reason, everyone's eyes falls on my figure when I go to my table.

Usually, I dine in booths of places so I don't attract public attention, but in this case, I want they to see me. My presence will give path to rumors and society will begin to ask questions about the woman who is dating Adriano Di Lauro. The sooner they start seeing us in public, the better.

"The same as always, Mr. Di Lauro?", waiter asks in a slow voice.

"Just a glass of Château Pavie Decesse St. Emilion two thousand ten for now"  I order. "As soon as my date walks in, you let her in."

"Don't worry, everything is settled, sir. Excuse me."

I let time pass while I enjoy the wonderful wine and check values ​​on the stock market. This month has been generous for me in terms of investments.

"Good evening". the person I was waiting for appears in front of me with a dazzling white long-sleeved dress that fits perfectly to his tiny figure.

'Very suitable for the occasion'

"Sorry for the delay, the traffic..."

"Don't worry". I get up from my seat to move her chair back and invite her to sit down like a gentleman. "I actually didn't wait long. Pretty dress."

"Thank you. Very timely, don't you think?”. She smiles nervously before taking her place. "I..."

"What if we order before moving on to the subject that has brought us here?", I propose. As always, I am the one who dominates the situation.

I take her slight nod as an affirmation and call the waiter over to order. I smile unconsciously as I listen to her order a simple Caprese Salad. Apparently she likes Italian food and just to toe the line, I order a Piccata al limone con basilico.

Atmosphere becomes a bit tense during dinner as silence settles between the two of us. I am aware of people's curious glances at us, as is she. However, she maintains poise and security at all times.

'Yes, she is for sure the perfect bride for me'

"I have a fewconditions", she finally decides to say a word.

“I'm all ears, Dr. Reid".

"First of all, you can call me Cassandra, just as I'll try to call you Adriano", she says. "If we are going to get married, we must treat each other with a certain level of trust."

"A good observation, Cassandra", I agree, pronouncing her name out loud for the first time. "Second condition."

"The children", she replies succinctly. "You want me to be their mother... Well, as one I should have same authority as you". We don't make a sound for a few minutes. "Don't get me wrong, I'm not referring to legal field. I just want to have the power to pick them up at school, punish or reward them, inflict rules, take them for a walk... In short, exercise authority, answer for them and their interests."

"Are you asking me for more responsibilities?, I ask surprised with a knot in my stomach that puzzles me.

"I can be a wife of lies", she approaches me as much as the table allows her, "but I will do what is necessary to become the mother those children need. You may not believe me, but they are main reason I accept this madness. If situation were different, even if you offered me my dream job on a silver platter, I would think it twice.'

'Okay, I'll give you the power you ask for. I'll add it as a clause in the contract", I dispose. 'I can only compromise on that for now, doctor. Later we can evaluate other options.'

“Another thing", she points out. "Let's suppose we get married, the year goes by and it doesn't work out, or for some reason we decide to terminate the contract... Where is my situation with kids? I'm sure the three of us will develop emotional ties, that's inevitable..."

"And that is precisely my greatest aspiration", I intervene. Every time I reaffirm my decision. It's her, Cassandra Reid is the woman I was looking for.

"So...? Ella”. She casts her catlike eyes at me. "I am not cold enough to live with them, treat them like my children and then move on as if nothing had happened. It doesn't matter if this deal lasts one year, ten or twenty. It will have the same impact on each of us."

"In that case, assuming we annulled the contract for reasons unrelated to the kids, we would establish another kind of agreement for you to continue in their lives", I reflect with a crooked smile. "However, you can rest easy, doctor. I am sure our marriage can work very well if we have terms clear. Next lawsuit?"

"I don't want any special treatment from the hospital for being your wife", she replied letting me even more stunned.

'And she still doesn't know the surprise I have in store for him...'

"It will be difficult, but I'll try", I agree.

"Since this will be a kind of... open marriage", she continues without further ado, "I ask you some respect for myself and for the house were we will live together".

I scrutinize her in detail, noticing each of her features. Not for a second she has let me down. Cassandra Reid has clear ideas and has understood everything perfectly. On the other hand, any other woman would have signed with her eyes closed and would have caused problems later by not getting what she was looking for...: me.

"I don't want to have to deal with any of your lovers, I don't want embarrassing scenes, I don't want you to talk about me or our agreement to anyone and of course, whatever you do with others, let it stay between you", she clarifies with a grimace disgust.

It's obvious that bringing up this subject makes her uncomfortable. However, I appreciate she clarified it.

"I don't want to deal with gossip and whispers about it behind my back. I will not be the cuckolded Florence or Man of Steel's vase wife."

"I can assure you something, Cassandra". I take her hand across the table. "Not only Italy, but the whole world will respect you as Mrs. Di Lauro, including me. There may be no feelings involved between us, but our union will be very real, doctor, just like this marriage."

"About our marital intimacy..."

"A very political way of saying it". The words come out spontaneously, accompanied by a small smile. I never thought I would enjoy this process that much.

"Do you suppose we...?"

"I'm not assuming or aspiring to anything", I interrupt her again when I see servants approaching with the dessert. "I'm just open to the possibility."

"You are very trusting, Adriano Di Lauro", she adds in a reproachful tone.

"You're getting to know me. Do you have any other requests?"

"Precisely that", she alludes before tasting her strawberry shortcake. Now I really want to just watch her... "Even though we are a screen, I don't want us to live in the same house as strangers. We must meet and establish at least a kind of... friendship."

"I agree to each of your demands and I will add them to the contract", she conclude, hoping that was the last demand. "Anything else Cassandra?"

"No, Adriano", she answers in the same tone. It feels weird hearing my name from her mouth, yet I ignore the feeling. I have to get used to this. "I think that's all."

"Okay, I'll get the contract ready and as soon as I have it, I'll call you", I inform her before asking for the bill and then leaving.

The road to her house is quite close I don't understand how she was late for our meeting.

"Good night, Cassandra", I say goodbye inside the car. "I've really enjoyed your company tonight", I add before kissing the back of her hand like a gentleman.

"Good night, Adriano". She walks away before leaving with one of my bodyguards's help. "Thanks for dinner."

"Wait for my call", I say from the window in the door.

"I have nothing else to do, remember?"

I watch her walk away until she enters the building and then, I order my driver to go home.

The night has been quite interesting.

I look at the time on the clock and seeing that it's barely nine o'clock at night, I dial my mother's number.

"Hello, honey", I hear her sweet voice on the other end of the line. I only care about two women in the world: my mother and my daughter. The rest doesn't matter to me. "Something happens?"

"We need to talk, Mom", I reply. "I have taken a decision."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.6M 527K 72
Previously known as Married to my sister's fiancé "Are you......Emily Jones? The biological daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Jones?" The lawyer asked and I n...
73.8K 2.1K 40
"I just always thought I have an ugliness that's impossible to love. Impossible for anyone to accept, and then you countered that." Liana aspires to...
12K 268 32
In the mist of a fight for power and position, Hannah found herself mixed up. She met him when all hope was lost, she signed a contract to be his lov...
Enemy To Lover By toto

General Fiction

448 25 16
lisa a 24 year young women who made herself ugly for world went to an interview where she met her rival of high school Adrian as her boss, but for av...