VENGEANCE AND VANITY || DAEMO...

By ohhillys

Love is the death of Duty, Duty is the death of Love, Yet in the end, all she can see is a single grave await... More

act 1
zero
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen

twelve

12.7K 661 107
By ohhillys

115 AC

Has it really been many months already, she wondered indolently. Time had appeared to pass more slowly as she was stuck on this tour to determine who would win Rhaenyra's hand and marry her.

She was aware that Rhaenyra was weary of the trip as well, but by god, wouldn't Valaenyra want to bash her head open for agreeing to accompany her niece on this tour. She wished she could say no to Rhaenyra but her niece had her wrapped around her finger.

She must have been completely exhausted by this trip because in the second month, she gave in and voluntarily sent a letter to Daemon. He hadn't even contacted her in the past three years when he went on a war with the crab feeders, yet there she was, the first one who yielded then send him a letter.

There was nothing particularly special in this letter, just some explanation regarding her situation and a very plead of "Getting her out of there."

Throughout the tour, Valaenyra struggled to comprehend what she was seeing; first, a man much older than Viserys was sent in, and now a boy. When the boy started pulling out his sword and pointing it at a man who ridicule him was when Valaenyra's interest was piqued. This drama would be the highlight of the tour.

But her drama was shattered as Rhaenyra stated that they are leaving the tour.

"Send word to the harbor and have Captain Oswin ready the ship," Rhaenyra ordered Ser Criston.

"Princess, we're due in Bitter bridge in three days' time," Ser Criston replied.

"Yes, and this is the most interesting thing I have ever seen for the past few months, niece. Let us watch the show for a while," Valaenyra chimed into their conversation.

Rhaenyra rolled her eyes as she continued to walk faster, "I would happily row myself back to King's Landing if it brought an end to this ridiculous pageant."

Valaenyra sighed in disappointment as she wouldn't be able to enjoy this show, but the show had come to an end anyway when they heard a blade slashed into a body and a man grunt. She shifted her gaze to the sight in front of her.

"Don't look, Princess," Ser Criston advised Rhaenyra.

"Well, won't you look at that," Valaenyra's eyes were still focused on the scene in front of her. "He might make a fine match for you Rhaenyra. He won the battle after all, and he was only a child."

"Do you really want me to be married off so fast?" Rhaenyra asked in frustration at Valaenyra. "Are you getting tired of me and tried to rid of me quickly?"

"Well, even if you are married Rhaenyra, I will always be with you. Trust that I will be an old, unmarried maid who was going to take care of you till I die," Valaenyra chuckled as she joked around.

Rhaenyra just groaned at Valaenyra before grabbing her arms and walking away from the room. They moved swiftly to board their ship as they proceeded near the pier.

Rhaenyra would want to return to King's Landing as soon as possible and would not want to waste any more time performing this tour. She might be able to enjoy her bed once again by that point.

As they gazed into the water and the scene of King's Landing in front of them, Rhaenyra leaned against Valaenyra's shoulder and let out a grateful sigh, who would have to know she would miss King's Landing this much. She grasped Valaenyra's hand before navigating it to his hair, telling Valaenyra what she wanted. Valaenyra grinned and softly brushed a hand over Rhaenyra's silver hair.

After a moment Rhaenyra straightened up when she heard Ser Criston walking toward them.

"We should make landfall inside the hour, Princess," he informed her.

Valaenyra and Ser Criston never truly got along. Valaenyra disliked something about the man, and she always followed her instincts. For a guard, he peered too intensely at Rhaenyra, and the glint in his eyes told her that he wish to be reciprocated. What a cunt.

"How do you think he will take it?" Rhaenyra asked him, craning her neck so she could look at him.

"Do you speak of how you rejected every suitor His Grace put before you, or how you abruptly ended the tour with two months remaining?" Ser Criston asked with a raised brow.

Rhaenyra just smiled back at him and then straighten her posture as she thought about how Viserys would receive her back. When they heard the shrieking of a dragon, their entire focus was drawn to it. Valaenyra recognized the shriek; there was only one dragon with that type of roar.

"Take cover!" Ser Criston shouted towards the crew when a bloody wryn flew past them and nearly toppled over the ship.

Rhaenyra and Valaenyra were propelled by the force back toward the side of the deck, where Rhaenyra struck herself into the wood. Valaenyra quickly ran to her side, kneeling down and helping Rhaenyra to steady herself. She gently cradled Rhaenyra's head to examine the injury and let out a breath when she was unable to discover any wounds.

"Princess! Are you all right? Are you?" Ser Criston asked in a panic. "Fetch the maester!"

"I'm fine," Rhaenyra said to Ser Criston as she looked at Valaenyra's eyes who kept on examining her to see if she was harmed.

It was when Caraxes began to screech/roar again that Valaenyra's gaze turned towards the dragon. Daemon was finally back in King's Landing, with Caraxes.

She knew that Malaeyx will not be pleased that the Blood Wryn was back in King's Landing.

As crowds of people began to enter the throne chamber while waiting for their Prince to arrive, the door to the room opened wide. Men and women tripped over themselves as they rushed into the throne room. Hands intertwined so they wouldn't be separated from the crowd, Rhaenyra and Valaenyra strolled side by side.

Viserys was in front of the Iron Throne as everyone appeared to be anticipating the arrival of their Prince. The spotlight would have delighted Daemon.

A cool shiver went down Valaenyra's spine as Daemon strutted into the throne room. He had a makeshift crown placed on top of his head and appeared to be wielding some sort of weapon. His hair was cut shorter than his usual style,  which highlighted his facial structure and, in Valaenyra's opinion, complemented him.

The Kingsguard unsheathed their sword at him as he approached Viserys, preventing him from approaching their King. Daemon remained still, his gaze fixed on Viserys.

Everyone in the room watched Daemon silently with bated breath to see what he would do. The weapon that he was holding was dropped to Visery's feet and clattered against the cool tiles.

"Add it to the chair," he stated before stepping back a bit.

Viserys stared at his brother, "You wear a crown."

At his words, Valaenyra just rolled his eyes. Rhaenyra who was invested in the scene in front of her wrapped her arm around Valaenyra's and dragged her to the front of the room so she could see and hear what was happening clearly.

Valaenyra wondered how was this more interesting than the battle they just saw during her tour.

At that point, she stopped paying attention to the men's competition on who had bigger cocks and started to braid Rhaenyra's hair. Her maid had just taught her how to do a fairly complicated braid and she was determined to master it.

Her attention towards the braids was only broken when everyone around them started to clap and Rhaenyra nudged her stomach to start clapping as well. Why is everyone clapping? Valaenyra would never know nor would she understand.

Viserys and Daemon were walking together towards the door of the throne room when Daemon's eyes met hers across the room. They continued to stare at each other until the crowd started to approach both the King and the Prince to congratulate him for his triumph with the step stones.

Valaenyra walked closer to the guest of honor with Rhaenyra following closely behind her. Valaenyra waited her turn to congratulate Daemon on his victory since it seemed there was a line for him. Their eyes only met again when she stood in front of him. She looked up at him with her bright violet eyes and he melted.

"You came," she said.

A gleaming smile illuminate his face his eyes raked over hers, "You called." 

author note
everybody stay calm, everybody stay calm, everybody stay fucking calm

just wanna say pay attention the details :)) the details through all of the chapters tells everything on what's coming...

don't forget to vote, and comment for more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 141 9
❛ the devil is not a man with red horns, sometimes, it's a girl with golden eyes ❜ 𝕷𝐀𝐃𝐘 𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃 ╱ 𝕽𝐄𝐃 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐄 ...
37.3K 1.6K 15
The Rogue Prince has lost his wife in a terrible accident which leaves him the option to remarry. Lady Anastasia Tully is a kind girl from the River...
5.9K 200 8
"i will give you war" when a devil falls in love, it is most hauntingly beautiful thing ever. And you should be terrified, for he will go to the dept...
122K 3K 12
A young Targaryen who is the rebellious son of the rebellious Daemon Targaryen. The King, Viserys Targaryen despises his nephew but little does he kn...