My Last Days of Silence | J.JK

Da kooksholland

"๐˜“๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ถ๐˜ญ. ๐˜”๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜จ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ. ๐˜ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๏ฟฝ... Altro

โœง TW โœง
00: Prologue
01: Get a tattoo
02: Give to people in need
04: Dye my hair
05: Catch a fish
06: A teeny break
07: Overcome my fear
08: Master an instrument
09: Dancing in the rain
10: Midnight swim
11: Solve a Rubik's cube
12: Bake something delicious
13: Watch the sun set
14: Eat at a 5โ˜† restaurant
15: See the cherry trees blossom
16: Goodnight
17: Missing you
Epilogue

03: Go to an art museum

443 59 69
Da kooksholland

29 days left

It was strange to sit in my bed and listen to my teacher through zoom. It also felt strange that I hadn't seen my classmates for long. Some of them had asked why I hadn't been to school for almost two weeks. To that I simply answered that I was feeling sick. 

It was partly a lie.

I didn't feel actually sick, only mentally. The only illness I felt was tiredness and sometimes incidental pains. 

But the truth was that I was sick - even though I didn't feel like it. 

This was only my second class this week and it was Tuesday. It felt weird not being in school. Even though I hadn't been for almost two weeks, I still hadn't grown used to it. It once again reminded me of the invisible timer over my head. 

As much as students tend to hate it, I almost craved to be in school again. I just wanted to sit in the classroom, yawn while looking at the clock every minute, waiting for the class to be over. It was yet again something a lot of people took for granted. The opportunity of having a normal life.

Jungkook had been almost unreachable yesterday, supposedly very busy with his career. It may sound selfish, but it annoyed me that he was busy trying to become a well known singer when I wanted to spend every last moment with him. It sounds awful, right? I should be happy on my best friend's behalf, shouldn't I?

Believe me, I was. I was so proud of him for coming this far, working with producers and composers. I was truly proud. But it didn't make me miss him less when he was at work. Especially now that I had almost no classes.

Still, when I wasn't with Jungkook, my parents took the opportunity to spend some time with me. Yesterday we went to a restaurant for lunch and to the movies afterwards. It was nice having some family bonding time. But I'd lie if I said that I didn't feel bad for making them skip work just to hang out with me. I'd almost say I felt like a burden, even though I knew my parents prioritized me over work and did it because they loved me.

My phone in my lap suddenly started buzzing, the tingling feeling catching my attention from my laptop. 

I grabbed my phone and looked at the screen. The picture of Jungkook with ice cream on his nose lit up on my screen along with his name and a decline and accept button.

I looked at my laptop quickly, removing the cam so I could accept the call without being caught. It was one of the only perks of going to school from home.

"What are you up to?" Jungkook's shaky voice sounded through the phone. He panted as if he had run a marathon and I had to turn down the volume on my phone due to the very unpleasant noise of breathing.

"That's it, no hi or anything?" I teased, knowing that sometimes he could be very eager.

"Hi, what are you up to?"

"I'm in class Jungkook." I said with a stern voice as if it was obvious. It wasn't obvious though, because despite it being afternoon and university students would normally be in class, Jungkook knew of my reduced classes already.

"Why are you in your room then?"

I almost choked on my breath at his question. How did he know where I was? I looked around my bedroom as if he was supposed to be hiding somewhere, but as far as I knew, I locked my front door last night.

Jungkook on the other side of the phone let out a laugh as a reaction to my sudden silence.

"What, you've never heard of snap map?" 

I rolled my eyes at his mocking tone, but also let out a sigh of relief as it actually had got me up on my toes.

"Why are you asking?"

"Why did you lie?"

"I didn't lie, I'm taking online classes, remember?"

"Oh yeah, online classes. Sorry, I forgot."

A brief silence fell over us as Jungkook let out a low chuckle and I did the same.

"So are you gonna let me in?"

"You're here?" I spoke confusedly and went to my window to look down on the street.

"No, I'm in my bed." Jungkook spoke sarcastically to which I scoffed and clicked my tongue.

As he walked a few steps backward I noticed him. He looked up with the phone to his ear, waving with his free hand, "See?"

"One minute." I said and ended the call. I went to my door, pushing the button to unlock the door to the apartment complex. 

Only a few minutes after I did so, Jungkook entered my apartment, not even knocking a single time.

I was sitting on my bed again, trying to participate in my class. The camera was still off and so far nobody had noticed. At least they didn't comment it.

Jungkook entered my room, closing the door behind him. I didn't even glance at him, keeping my eyes on my screen in hopes that Jungkook would sit down without a noise and not try to distract me.

"So, what are we doing?" Jungkook spoke, plumping down on the bed next to me.

What did I expect, really.

"Shh Jungkook, I'm in class." I shushed him, to which he laughed.

"Oh come on, don't act like you're actually listening." He switched his look from me to my laptop, "Your camera isn't even on." He spoke and turned it on, waving briefly before I turned it off again, "JUNGKOOK!"

He rolled his eyes and laid down fully on my bed.

"So what are we gonna do? I'm bored." He spoke after a good 5 minutes of my laptop's speaker being the only sound in the room.

I turned around, looking at him with a look of annoyance, "Well I'm sorry you barged into my apartment in the middle of my class." I deadpanned.

"Apology accepted." He spoke with a smirk and held his head up with his hands, propping his elbow on the bed, "It's 3 pm, I don't remember classes being that late?" He joked.

"Well not my fault you skipped college and have a shitty memory." I grunted and turned around to attend the class again.

"I'll go cook something," He spoke and got up from the bed, "Ramen?" He suggested simply to which I nodded.

I was just about to remind him not to forget to clean up, but he had already left the room and I didn't bother calling after him. He was usually good at cleaning up after himself anyway.

"Remind me why we went here again?" Jungkook spoke as he observed some sort of sculpture with lots of different materials used.

His nose was scrunched up and his forehead wrinkled as he looked at the weird thing in front of him. The look on his face clearly exposed that he had no idea what the sculpture in front of him was supposed to look like. 

I was no one to blame him, I had no idea either.

"Didn't you say you wanted to do something?" I reminded him of his own words.

"Well, I didn't exactly mean this." He replied and gestured to the sculpture in front of him.

"I just felt like doing something." I shrugged, walking to the next statue.

"So you chose to go to an art museum?" Jungkook detached his eyes from the odd sculpture and followed after me.

I hummed, observing the next sculpture as if I understood the meaning of it.

It was later in the day, almost evening and I'd brought Jungkook along with me to an art museum as he wouldn't shut up about doing something. I thought it'd be a nice thing to do that day and too I would get to tick off another thing on my list.

"So... you're into art." Jungkook spoke with a chuckle of disbelief, not able to keep the hint of mock away from his voice. He knew me well enough to know I had absolutely no knowledge on arts. The only time he'd seen me being artsy, was on his birthday cards on which I always drew a little drawing in the corner.

"I am." I spoke convincingly.

"No, you're not." Jungkook snapped me into reality.

I looked at him and scoffed before moving into a smaller room with an exhibition of abstract paintings.

Jungkook just followed behind me again. He clearly didn't know what to do with himself. It almost felt as if he was breathing down my neck, asking me when we'd leave.

"Just let me pretend I am." I spoke locking my eyes on one painting, trying to analyze it, "I've always wanted to feel sophisticated."

The sound of people's shoes clattering on the marble floor in the quiet room only got to reach my ears, before Jungkook broke into a laughter.

The sudden loud sound surprised me and I turned around only to see other people staring at Jungkook and I. In a room with high ceilings and almost no furniture, only a single chair in the corner, his laugh rung louder than it normally would've.

"Shhh, Jungkook!" I spoke through gritted teeth, hitting his arm to make him stop.

Jungkook tried to drown his laughters, "Sorry, you're really funny." He spoke through chuckles and inhales of air.

I rolled my eyes and walked to the next exhibition, leaving him.

"So... was it like you'd imagined? Did it make you feel sophisticated?" Jungkook taunted me as we headed home, walking.

"Yeah, it was great." I replied stubbornly, not wanting to admit that it was actually quite disappointing.

"Really? Well, now I know where to bring you for your next birthday." He spoke seriously.

I knew he wasn't serious. He was trying to provoke the truth out of me. After all I knew him and he knew me. Yet, it still worked.

"Okay fine, it was boring." I sighed, a chuckle following my sigh.

"Phew, I was actually scared I lost you for a second." Jungkook also let out a chuckle.

I smiled wistfully. His every word somehow reminded me of my situation. 

A breeze blew past us and made a chill run down my spine.

"Are you cold?" Jungkook asked worriedly, already about to take off his hoodie.

"No no, it was just the wind." I spoke truthfully. I didn't feel cold, yet my body was shaking slightly and I couldn't help my lips from trembling.

I watched as Jungkook removed his arms from the sleeves of his hoodie.

"Jungkook no." I chuckled, knowing he probably only had a t-shirt underneath.

"Y/n, you're cold, I don't want you to get sick." He insisted.

It was yet another of his good characteristics. Even though it was always fun with him and we joked around more often than anything else, he still was very caring.

"Jungkook, do you really want me to put your hoodie over this?" I spoke and gestured to my winter jacket.

Even though it was spring and it was starting to get slightly warmer, it was still cold and I didn't walk outside without my winter jacket yet. That, and it was starting to get late, the sun almost gone by now.

Jungkook stopped his movement for a brief moment. Realizing I was on to something, he put his arms back in his sleeves and adjusted the hoodie so it fit right.

Instead of saying anything, he just pulled me in for a side hug and rubbed my arm as we kept walking towards my apartment. He'd parked his car there so he could drive home after walking me home.

"Feeling warmer?" Jungkook questioned proudly as he kept rubbing his hands on my arms. It did help slightly and I nodded, "Thank you." I assured him, knowing he loved words of affirmation. It somehow boosted his ego and he looked up proudly while straightening his back. It made me laugh which was contagious and Jungkook started laughing as well.

I always felt warmer thanks to him.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerร  anche

60.9K 2.4K 27
How could you possibly forget him? You couldn't even if you wanted to. You wanted to extract core memories of the two of you and store them in a pens...
44.8K 2.5K 37
"I remember It was a beautiful night" "Snowflake covering everything in white,Just like every winter." "But that is the last thing I remember." That...
32.6K 1.1K 27
"Butterfly, are you ready ?".. ........ " Why you call me butterfly?"... ___________________________________________________ A boy who got failure in...
89.8K 4K 69
On the first day of university, you were surprised to feel a new sensation in your heart. A sensation you knew, you'd feel when your soulmate was on...