positions (Ariana Grande/You)

By ImagineWriting1

You are a popular Youtuber who is gaining more recognition for interviewing celebrities in a fun and respectf... More

0. Prologue
1. meeting you was just like magic
2. my motive? trying not to have a crush on you
3. no one like you
4. ride or die
5.5. or something (part 1)
5.5. or something (part 2)
5.5.5. or everything (part 1)
5.5.5. or everything (part 2)
6. shut up
7. best behavior
7.5. worst savior
8. only
8.5. 100-99
9. flying
9.5. falling
10. if i love you, is 'us' completely off the table
11. meet you wherever you are
12. three sixty
13. point of view (Ariana's)
14. so good it's nasty
15. the obvious unseen
16. your mind, body, and soul
17. lingua franca
17.5. continuance
18. positions
Extras #1. meet me in the middle
Extras #2. Point of You

5. might be my main (no)thing

2.6K 98 8
By ImagineWriting1

October flew by quickly, with both you and Ariana being busy before the holiday season started. You didn't meet up with her often as you would like (for the operation, of course) but that was quickly amended.

To celebrate the end of the month, Ariana decided to host a get-together with her family and close circle. You were the first person she invited through a call, telling you the details. She arranged a car for you to her house before she hung up.

You also made preparations on your part, finding a costume to wear. Ariana didn't say anything about a theme so you'll just wear whatever you find. When you were done, you found yourself at the back of a car en route to Ariana.

The first thing you noticed after stepping out of the car was how her house looked straight out of a fairytale, like a modern castle. The moment you entered through the door, you were immediately greeted by a bunch of dogs running and barking at you. You crouched a little to let them sniff your hand.

"You came early!" You heard Ariana squeal from above. You looked up and all you could think was how it look like a scene from Sleeping Beauty when she walked down the stairs. Is this how Prince Philip felt the first time he saw her, and at every subsequent sight?

Before you noticed, she was standing in front of you like a dream come true.

"I love your costume. Who are you dressed as?" Ariana gasped in awe.

Good thing you still remembered how to speak. "Mulan from Once Upon A Time."

You had created the costume years prior without even intending it for Halloween, solely because she had super cool-looking armor and definitely not because you related to her story. Did you mention that you were carrying a sword?

Fortunately, everything still fitted you. It had taken up a lot of time and effort but the finished product was worth it in the end, especially when Ariana couldn't stop admiring it.

"Pretty cool isn't it?" You smiled proudly, showing off your outfit. Ariana answered by running her fingers through the intricate designs on your chest plate.

"It is pretty... cool," Ariana said as she looked up at you. You felt heat rising to your cheeks.

"Thank you, your outfit is nice too." You complimented back smoothly. And it is, with a beautiful shade of pink, and pools of silk flowing behind her, shimmering as she moves. "It reminds me of Aurora's dress."

"Aurora?"

"The princess that Mulan protects."

"What a coincidence," Ariana noted with a smile. You hummed in agreement, enjoying the comfortable silence that came after. Until the dogs barked, that's it.

You both shared a laugh when they demanded their owner's attention. Ariana introduced you to them, but you are too distracted to remember their names. It'll take some time anyways.

"How's the preparation going?" You asked, looking around. From what you could see, people were busy with putting up tastefully spooky decorations, preparing the catered food, and setting up a pop-up bar and a DJ booth.

"It's going great. Come, I'll show you around."

Ariana's house was what you expected from a celebrity, completed with many bedrooms and bathrooms and a fully furnished kitchen. What stands out to you are the small things, things that tell you that a house's a home, things like chewed-up armchairs, photographs of her family and friends on every surface possible, and a Christmas tree with presents still underneath it.

Despite the house being incredibly spacious, it was cozy and intimate, just how you like it. Especially with how the dogs rubbed themselves around your ankles and nipped at your heels as you walked with Ariana. It seemed like you'd passed their stranger danger test and were warming up to you.

The both of you were headed back down when the doorbell rang. You felt your nerves setting in at the thought of meeting new people, especially Ariana's friends.

"Ariana!" A group of diversely dressed people greeted her excitedly.

"Hi, welcome!" Ariana hugged everyone with equal vigor. You stood behind her silently like a child on their first day of school. You almost jumped out of your skin (or your amour) when Ariana turned around and introduced you as her girlfriend.

So it begins.

"Hi, nice to meet you all." You smiled widely. "Please don't be offended if I can't match your name to a face. Literally, I see a Kaonashi. Nice job on the costume."

The Kaonashi waved when people looked at them, eliciting small laughter. Good thing that went well.

Ariana dismissed everyone to enjoy the entertainment that had been provided, while she went to refresh herself in the powder room. However, they seemed to be more interested in you, like you were the most popular attraction at an amusement park.

"So you're the one responsible for making Ari ditch us." Someone said, appearing from the middle of the crowd.

"Oh, I'm sorry," You appeased quickly, "I didn't mean to make her do that."

"Stop scaring her, Courtney." Another one chastised the person whom you now know as Courtney, before addressing you. "What she meant was we are grateful for you being with Ari. She looks happier than we've seen her in months."

"She makes me feel the same way too."

Ariana's group of friends leaned in closer to you, and for a moment you feel like prey being circled by vultures. It was especially terrifying when they were dressed up in scary costumes.

"That's so cute. Please tell us everything. Like when did you start dating and all that."

You almost choked on your soda, saved by your sheer willpower to not embarrass yourself in front of the people you were supposed to impress.

You read enough stories to know that lying had a karmic way of biting back one's ass but you aren't sure of how much you can reveal. There wasn't really a script for your fake relationship with Ariana besides the contract, only a reading of each other's minds through body language like a long game of charades.

You didn't know what to say, since you weren't sure if Ariana had given them a story. The last thing you want to do is say something contradictory and fuck everything up. And the actual day where you started "dating" Ariana was so near to when you first met. Anyone close to Ariana might feel suspicion at the speed and convenience of you two being in a relationship.

"Well, as you know, we first met when she was a guest on my channel..." You dragged out, buying time to send a quick prayer for divine intervention.

Thank God she answered.

"Guys, can you give her some space?" You heard Ariana commanded.

Like the Red Sea, they parted for her so she could rescue you from the middle of their grasp.

"Baby, are they bothering you?" You almost choked on nothing for the second time at the term of endearment.

"Not at all." You played along, adding a "princess" at the end of your sentence cautiously.

The way she smiled softly at you indicated that it was the right thing to do. "Come on." She took your hand and you stood.

She led you up the stairwell, bringing you to a little nook with railings that overlooked the living room. It was the perfect spot for an ambivert like you, close enough to see the party happening so you don't feel left out but with adequate distance to prevent your social battery from draining too quickly.

You let her sit you down on a velvet bench, appreciating the way she took care of you.

"What's your poison?" She slid in beside you, practically sitting on your lap. You tensed up at the skin contact like a teenager and not someone who had been on the receiving end of Ariana's affection. If there's one thing you know about Ariana, it's her frequent physical touch.

The only credit you give yourself is when your hands automatically find themselves steadying her as she settles down. You're reminded to reply as Ariana played with the rim of your glass. "Club soda with syrup."

"Out of all the drinks?"

It's a simple drink of sparkling water and strawberry syrup and you understood Ariana's surprise. She had spared no expense for the party, offering top-shelf liquor that you have no doubt your fellow partygoers would enjoy. But they're foreign to you. "What can I say, sugar is the most addictive vice, and I have a sweet tooth."

You didn't plan for it to sound as suggestive as it did, but Ariana shifted around to look at you with a smile and an eyebrow arched. You knew better than to make eye contact, settling to look anywhere else. However, it was impossible to do so when Ariana's face was close enough to fill up your entire line of vision, close enough to smell the perfume dabbed on her neck.

You inhaled deeply, though it was more to calm yourself than to get her scent into your system, the act does much of the latter anyway. It was deliciously sweet, made you want to lean in and-

"What are you two lovebirds up to?" A voice called out in your direction and you snapped out from your daze, snapped away from Ariana.

You saw a familiar face, Victoria, coming towards you. "We uh- this isn't-" Wait. Actually, you do want this to look like that - deceivingly scandalous. "I meant Ariana just wanted to know what I was drinking."

As if on cue, Ariana took a sip of your soda, humming thoughtfully. "It's not bad, but I'mma go get something you might like." Before you can offer to go with her, Ariana left you with Victoria. She takes the seat opposite of you, clasping her hand under her chin. You try not to flinch under her scrutiny.

"So girlfriend, huh?"

Out of all Ariana's circle, Victoria was the first to meet you, hence she might be the first who saw through the ruse. You can only smile in response to avoid giving yourself away.

You can practically see Victoria's gear switching, her mind coming up with more questions you can't answer.

Why is Ariana taking so long?

"You aren't like them."

This time it wasn't a question, but it raised one from you. You weren't sure who Victoria was referring to, most likely Ariana's ex, and you watched enough movies with interrogation scenes to know how to handle it.

You mirrored Victoria's posture. "Is that good or bad?"

She stared with an unreadable expression. "Mostly good, which is ironic cause she prefers bad boys."

Something rose up in you, and you hope it wasn't bile. "Don't they all?" You jested sarcastically.

She placed her hand on yours placatingly. "Which is why I approve of you. While he was good to her, he wasn't good for her."

You assumed Victoria was referring to Ariana's recent ex. "Oh. Thanks, I guess."

"I hope that you'll be the one who stays."

"For as long as she wants me to." You said in earnest, despite Victoria's slightly ominous words. Before she could say anything else, you spotted Ariana coming back up from the stairs. Victoria must have noticed your eyes darting behind her shoulder, causing her to turn around.

"Hey I'm back, did I miss anything?" Ariana asked, eyeing the both of you curiously.

"Nothing much. We were just catching up," Victoria said, "Your girlfriend's a catch, don't let go of her. With that, she left as suddenly as she appeared, but not before giving you another knowing look.

"What was that about?" Ariana questioned, raising a perfect sculpted eyebrow at Victoria's retreating figure.

You shrugged, wondering that as well. "She approved of us, which means that it's is working."

"Oh, that's great then." Ariana sat beside you again, placing a champagne flute to your lips. "Anyway, here, try this."

"This isn't actual poison is it?" You joked as she tilted the glass till you took a sip. It tasted like expensive liquor that you don't know how to appreciate.

"How is it?" Ariana asked you expectantly, and you can't say anything negative without feeling guilty.

"It's not bad, at least it's sweet. I'll probably enjoy it more if I like drinking alcohol."

"I can find something else if you'd like?"

Not wanting to trouble Ariana, you declined politely. "It's alright, I'm more hungry than thirsty anyway. I'll check out what the catering is offering."

"I'll come with you. I'm starving too."

You stood up, giving Ariana a hand. She took it with a smile, interlocking her fingers around yours as the both of you descended down the stairs, walking all the way to the kitchen. You learned that eating with one hand was an essential skill.

AN: take this chapter as an (early) Halloween treat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 128 6
Y/n Y/l/n- a gay introverted shy intersex female. Y/n searches for the answer of her most thought question, she majors in psychology to try to figure...
19.1K 1.2K 14
"𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘥 𝘊𝘶𝘱𝘪𝘥 𝘱𝘢𝘪...
365K 8.1K 20
Ariana Grande, a world wide sensation. Famous for producing hundreds of Pop hits. Most people describe her as an incredible work force with a loving...
10.3K 359 37
On the streets since she was only seven years old, Jayce Garcia was forced to turn to gang violence in order to survive. It was only when she was cau...