Let It Be Me. | SEULRENE

By lueshun

Let it be me. Another typical love story between two best friends. ;) More

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV

Chapter XV (Finale)

1.1K 33 19
By lueshun

Seulgi's POV

When I arrived at school I'm a little late already. Unnie even scolded me for moving so slow that made me late. The moment I opened up the door at our room, which I opened aggressively because I was in a hurry already, I just caught everyone's attention. Stupid! I could've just sneakily went in.

"I'm sorry I'm late." I bowed to our professor and he told me to just take a seat, which I did. I seated beside Sehun this time, since it's the only seat left.

"Where did you go, yesterday? and why are you late now?" I heard Sehun whispered to me. Did Suzy not tell them? I look at her direction and she's already looking at me. Then she mouthed 'Unnie' I just did the same thing and told her, unnie's at home. She nodded and focus back to our professor. "Kang Seulgi!" I got startled when Sehun suddenly called for me. I slap him in the arm.

"Yah!" I whispered.

"You didn't ans--"

"I went to Yeji's. Emergency. I just got home now." I just said.

"Di--"

"You can ask me later, Sehun. I don't want to get in trouble because you're gossiping during class." I said and listened to our prof. Sehun just said okay and did the same thing.

When the bell started to ring, everyone in the room starts leaving already. I didn't move from my chair, I felt tired and sleep. I ate a lot before I came here, maybe that's why I'm still not hungry. As I was about to just sleep, my friends suddenly surrounded me. They all gave me a questioning look, I guiltily smiled at them.

"Aren't you guys hungry?" I asked. Just after that, they all questioned me at the same time that made their words not understandable anymore. The only person who isn't asking and just laughing on the side was Suzy. "Okay, guys! Chill!" I said that made them stop.

"You just disappeared yesterday!" Wendy said.

"I know and I'm sorry I wasn't able to tell you guys before I left. I just got..." I stopped at the thought if I should tell them or not. "I uum" I look at Suzy and ask for her help but she just shook her head. "Something happened tha--" I got cut off when someone suddenly shouted in the room calling for me.

"Seulgi unnie!!!" When I look at her...

"Yerim." I said and stand up as she was running her way to me with open arms already. "Why are you here?" I said, letting go from her hug.

"I was looking for you since yesterday. I already told Mom and Dad about me, moving in to your apartment. They agreed already." Oh! Right! I remember telling Yeri that she can stay in my apartment after this semester.

"You're staying with Yeri, already?" Kai asked. "Why? Didn't you said you'd prefer living alone? That's why you didn't agree on living in the same house with us."

Actually, I was suppose to have the same set up with Yeji and her friends. My circle friends lives in one house, except for me and Suzy. Since Suzy has unnie, she didn't have to look for a place already. For me, I didn't go on with it because I do want my own place.

"It's not like she's been living alone for all those years. Irene unnie always sleeps there like she owns the house, herself." Yeri said that made my friend shock. They didn't know that. "Speaking of Irene unnie..." Yeri then face Suzy. "Where is she? I wasn't able to contact her since yesterday too. She told me we'll go out for dinner." When I look at my friends faces, it looks like they already knew why I suddenly disappeared yesterday.

"She's home?" Suzy answered unsurely. Before Yeri could ask her more, I spoke up.

"Yeri, you had lunch already?" I asked.

"I was on my way there actually when I saw Hongseok Oppa, he's the one who told me you're here." Hongseok? Our classmate, Hongseok?

"How about this, you go have your lunch already. We'll talk about the apartment, later, through dinner that Irene unnie promised you. Okay?" With that, Yeri excitedly nodded and hugged me again before she left our room.

"So, you two are okay now?" Suzy suddenly whispered. I nodded.

"Better, actually." I said not minding my other friends hearing my answer to what Suzy whispered.

"That's good." She said.

"Care to share you two?" Wendy said to us.

"We're also your friends, in case you forgot about that." Kai said.

"I can't believe your closeness with Irene unnie." Sehun said that changes the topic, automatically.

"Right? If I pursued you that time and we did went out, I would've been hell jealous of her, to the point that it'll ruin us because there's no way you're giving her up than me." Krystal said that made me laugh.

"So, it was true that you liked Seulgi?" Kai confusedly asked. He did not believe that?

"She confessed to me, dumbass!" I said and we all laugh.

"Here we thought you were the one living alone. It turns out, it was Suzy." Wendy said that made me stop laughing, they continued though. Damn! Wendy's teasing me.

"Don't tell me, you're still going to say you're just friends?" Sehun asked, teasingly.

"You guys should go eat lunch already!" I said as I pushed them out of the room.

"You're not coming with us?" Suzy asked.

"I'm not hungry. I said

"Irene unnie will be there you will still not come wi--"

"Unnie!" Wendy was cut off with Suzy's sudden outburst. That also made me stop pushing them and face the direction Suzy's facing. They all greet her, except for me. What do I even say? call her?

"Hey" I just said. That made my friends look at me.

"Why is she acting like that?" I heard Sehun whispered to Wendy.

"Hi. Lunch?" She asked, with the hope that I would agree. I was about to answer when suddenly one of the worst friend I have answered.

"She's not hungry, unnie. Why don't you just join us?" Kai said. Oh! God give me patience!

"Oh! Okay." Unnie said.

"Let's go." Kai said and put his arm on Unnie's shoulder. That made me feel things. They were about to walk out already when I pulled her, by her hand, away from Kai. That made Kai look at me in shock.

"You can go without her." I told them. I guess realizing my feelings, made me feel different things now. I saw Wendy and Suzy plastered a smirk on their faces. The two then dragged the others, on the way to the cafeteria.

"Are you really not hungry?" She asked.

"I am, now." I said and left her there to get my things inside the room. When I comeback to where she was, she's laughing already. "What?"

"You were always like this, but suddenly it hits different now." She said as she held out her hands for me to hold.

"Of course it is. You know that I love you now." I said as I intertwine my fingers with her.

"And you, yourself, know that now too." She teasingly said as she pull me closer to her, that made our noses touch.

"Aren't you a little too close?" I said to her and she just smiled. "For a person who just accepted me as her lover, you're already too clingy." I said as I pinch her cheek with my free hand.

"Well, I don't have more time to still act shy around you anymore." I felt guilty hearing that.

"But you're going there after a semester. Let's not act like this is really going to be our last days together." I said to her. She scoff.

"I know, I kno---"

"NO WAY!" we suddenly heard someone scream that made us look to its direction. Funny how I expected them to leave that easily. I facepalmed myself.

"I'll never act like that with Kai! My God!" Wendy exclaimed that made everyone agree.

"You two are, surely, not just friends." Sehun said pointing, like he's accusing us of something.

"Not anymore." Suzy then said and walk to our direction. "I'm happy you two finally work things out. Finally." She hugged the both of us. When I look at unnie's face after the hug, she's just looking at her sister with an unreadable expression.

"Thank you." Unnie said and Suzy just nodded. What's with this two? When Suzy faced me...

"Yah! Don't you dare hurt my sister!" She said to me.

"I can't promise you that." I said that made her brows furrowed. I felt unnie loosen her hold on my hand. I look at her. "I mean, I'll try my best but I can't assure you something that's out of my control. Though I can promise that I will not hurt her intentionally." I said looking straight to her eyes. I smiled as she avoided my gaze.

"So, you two just got together?" Wendy asked.

"Uhm..." I look at unnie because I don't know either.

"Yes." She answered Wendy's question that made everyone there scream in excitement. Well, not everyone.

"I'm happy for you two but Seulgi..." Krystal suddenly speak up. I look at her. "We heard something about you, leaving. Wha--" She got cut off by Sehun.

"Right! Where are you going?" Sehun asked. They were all waiting for me to speak up. I guess they were curious about that too.

"Sorry." I heard a whisper beside me.

"It's okay. I also think they should know already." I said to unnie.

"Know what?" Wendy asked.

"Don't tell me..." Suzy started, eyeing me and her sister.

"I'll be transferring school."

"Unnie!" Suzy exclaimed. "You agree--"

"I didn't." She stopped her sister from going further.

"It was my choice, Suzy." I said.

"Okay! Okay." Suzy calmed herself down.

"Why are you transferring?" Wendy asked. When I look at my other friends. They look shock and sad?

"Actually, I was suppose to be there. I never would've been here." I said and look at unnie, she gave me a guilty smile. "But, I don't regret it. I really don't." I then look at my friends "It's because that decision lead me to meeting you guys." I said to them.

"Yah!!" I then got head locked by Kai. "Don't make us cry!" I slap her arm around me and laugh.

"I'm not making you cry, but are you gonna cry?" I teased him. He let go of me.

"Where?" Wendy

"It's not outside our country, right?" Krystal. I just stare at her. "It is."

"Cooper Union in New York." I said to them and they all look at me in disbelief.

"Shit!" Sehun.

"Really?!" Wendy.

"Oh my God!" Krystal

"Bro!" Kai.

"I guess this was really you." Suzy said.

Next thing I know they got me in a group hug already. They all exclaimed their congratulations for me.

"So, when is it?" Sehun asked right after the hug. Kai wiping a tear didn't escape my sight. He's that emotional? Haha. I'm grateful they understand.

"Next Semester." I said to them.

"Oh! You're going there first before unnie?" Suzy said. She look at her sister.

"She is." Unnie said.

"Irene unnie is going to New York too?" Wendy asked, eyeing me.

"Nothing can really tear them apart." Krystal said.

"Why? Do you plan on doing that?" Sehun questioned. I laugh at that.

"Even if I planned to. It would still be impossible to take them away from each other." Krystal said to Sehun.

"Kai is jealous again, look!" Sehun said and Kai just elbowed him. "Are you threatened Irene unnie?" Sehun teased the person beside me.

"Should I be?" She said looking up to me.

"I- I... No!" Why am I stuttering?! She giggled and nodded. They all laugh at me.

"How about we all talk through lunch?" Wendy suggested. "Unnie, if it's okay..." Wendy faced her. "Go on a date with Seulgi later and you two should just join us for lunch now." she just agreed at Wendy's suggestion.

As we're walking our way to the cafeteria, me and unnie are walking a little far behind my friends. I suddenly remember what I said to Yeri earlier.

"Baby." I called out for her, that made her stop walking. For now I'm still used to calling her unnie but I'll try my best not to call her that, when it's directed to her. She look at me. Is she blushing? I chuckled.

"Yah!" she slapped my arm and continued walking. I caught up to her.

"Hey. I just wanted to tell you something." I said that made her stop again.

"What?"

"You're not upset, right?" I tried to read her.

"Say it." She said with authority already, that left me with no choice.

"I kind of told Yeri that the three of us are having dinner, tonight." I told her.

"Unnie! Kang Seulgi!" Come on! We're hungry already!" Suzy shouted at our direction. That made the students in the hallway look at our direction.

"Okay, let's do that." She said as she held my hand and started to walk already.

Through lunch, they asked us all sort of questions regarding me and unnie,and about me transferring. We just talked until lunch time was over, then we bid our goodbye to unnie.

"I'll see you later?" She said, squeezing my arm.

"Aah! Unnie!" I said acting hurt.

"Unnie?" She suddenly let go of me and I saw how one of her brow went up. Oh!

"I don't think she likes what you just called her." Kai whispered, behind me. I nudged him. I heard him groan.

"You're going to pick me up later, hmm?" I reach for her hand, which she avoided from mine. She then look at my friends.

"I have to go now guys, it was nice having lunch with you." She said and turn her back on me. huh?

"I don't have my car with me, in case you forget!" I exclaimed as she's walking away. "You're gonna have to drive us home, since you are to blame for that!" This time, it's like I'm shouting already. She's walking away like she's ignoring me.

"Can't you see, Seulgi? She's upset." Wendy said, standing beside me already.

"I agree. You can't say things like that to an upset person." Krystal.

"She doesn't know how to, since she's the one always persuaded by Irene unnie." Kai said. was that an insult? or what?

"I think you should make up with her now, or she's really going to let you walk home." When Suzy said that I look at her. She wouldn't do that... "This is unnie being upset. I bet it's your first time experiencing this, since she had never been upset with you." After she said that, it made me realize that what she's saying was true. Oh my God!

"Baby! Please?!" I shouted just before she could get out of the cafeteria. My friends then burst into laughter, all of them. Damn it! When I look around people are looking at me in disbelief, but not long later I heard them cheered. Huh?

"It's not only us who's looking forward for this, Seulgi." Suzy said.

"The whole department also sees the chemistry, the two of you have." Wendy said. "Look ahead." and when I did my eyes landed on the person I just called earlier.

She have this beautiful smile plastered on her face, as she's looking back at me. I felt my heart beat faster than usual, with just staring at her. I've already felt this a lot of times before, this feeling. Why did it just come up to me now, that it was because I was in love with her? I am in love with her. That's why I could never let her go. That's why I felt jealous seeing her with other people. That's why there's never a day that I do not longed for her presence. That's why she was that important to me.

"I love you." I mouthed at her. Saying those words to her just felt so right, now. She giggled and shake her head before she turn her back at me again. huh? I was about to run after her when she suddenly shouted.

"Don't come after me Kang Seulgi, if you don't want to skip your afternoon classes. I'll come back later, to fetch you." she then went out. The cafeteria was full of screams.

Next thing I know was I was dragged to our next subject, by my friends. They're still teasing me though but not like before, I kind of like it now. A little embarrassed but it's fine.

"When I asked that question..." Wendy suddenly spoke beside me, while the prof was discussing.

"What question?" I asked.

"The one about your thought of falling for Irene unnie?" She said. Then I remembered how that question lived in my mind for day that I couldn't get enough sleep because of that. "Why are you glaring at me?"

"That question almost killed me, Wendy." I said that made her hold her laugh.

"But that helped, right?"

"To confuse me? Yes."

"But look at you now? Screaming you heart out for her, like literally." Is she trying to tease me again?

"Thank you, I guess?" I said and smiled.

That question she asked me was one of my turning points in life, where I started to question my own self already. Thanks to Yeji I got the right answer for that question. I never thought of falling for her, because I already fell. I mean it's not wrong to keep falling for her... Should I do that?

For now I'm still studying my love for her, but I'm already sure about it.

I'm glad we survived that phase in our relationship.

______________________________________

END.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 121 13
❀ I; Wonyoung, has an unrequited love for my bestfriend. ❆ I; Sunghoon already had a girlfriend.
45.7K 2.2K 39
One sided love of jeon jungkook to his best friend's twin, who is also his best friend, Kim yerim. Also yerim who got confused over her own feeling...
326K 20.5K 36
choi beomgyu and kang taehyun were best friends, and beomgyu needs help confessing to jiyeong.
25.3K 1K 26
I Choose You. A story of two celebrities that had met in an uncertain place and time, which caused a controversy.