a beautiful soul

By varbariz

Mia it's the typical queen B at Liberty High, hanging out with the jocks seemed pretty normal for her, but th... More

Disclaimer/playlist
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16-Better
17-Magic
18-Old me
19-Hard
20-You
21-Tragedy
23-Is she home?
24-The talk
25-thank you Mia Jensen
Mia's second tape
26-still not over!
28-craving
29-break up?
30-Justin back
31-I'm sorry
32-clubhouse
33-Jeff Atkins
34-tapes are out
35-will you fix it?
36-the clubhouse
37-try something new
38-drop It
39-can you hate me now?

22-about to go down

350 1 0
By varbariz

Night we met

Flashback year before Hannah's arrival:

She stood with her friends next to the lockers, her small friend group was in a half a circle, she obviously, stood in the middle where she had friends on both sides.

Anyways, she wasn't paying any attention to what her friends were talking about, she was too busy watching him across the hall.

He was a year older than her, a baseball player in a popular jock group and he was friends with her friend Bryce. Bryce and Mia met in one of her cheer practices, they were usually having practices at the same time,  and after weeks of admiring her, he finally had the courage to ask her to go to a party with him, which she went with no other intention but become popular and friends with the boy. After that party her wishes came true, she now was popular and friends with Bryce Walker, and every other jock in Liberty High. 

As if he could feel her eyes on him, he looks at her. He winks and she blushes across the hall. It was a silly crush she always thought so. Montgomery De La Cruz would never dream about her, or so she thought. A week ago today, later at night, they kissed for the first time and haven't spoken since. For her it meant something for him, well, it was hard to say. Mia would guess it meant nothing but something in her also told her it did.

Even though her crush was silly and childish it was there, but no one knew, no one except two other people, each one from one group.

Sheri knew but Mia had never shared it and Jeff knew as well but Monty had never said it. The two friends knew but weren't supposed to figure it all out but the shy smiles Mia had whenever they were together, they figured it all out once Mia started to zoon out looking at the boys from afar, they figured it all out once Monty would not be able to focus on the practice on the same days that the cheer practice would share the field. They just weren't subtle about it.

However, no one really thought that the little crush would become serious in a spare time of a couple of months.

"Mia, are you not listening," Said one annoying cheerleader. It was true she wasn't, she was looking at him, too busy admiring his toned skin, his muscular shoulders, and his large back.

"Yeah, sure. I will meet you, girls, later. Gtg" She left as soon as she spotted Bryce calling her. The truth was she didn't like to hang out with the other girls, except Sheri, but the others were too childish. Mia liked to party that was why she fitted so well in the popular guy's friend group, that and her good looks, the type of looks that would make any girl die of jealousy.

"What's up Mia," said the older boys once she approached them.

"It's Friday and I want to party, so please tell me that you are hosting a party tonight."She stood by Justin, she was closer to him, and both had parental issues. Both hated the ones that gave them life. Both found comfort in each other. And the other reason was that she was too embarrassed to stay by Monty's side.

"You know it girl. PARTY AT MINE TONIGHT!" Yelled Bryce, it sure was heard in the whole school.

Eventually, the bell sounded and Mia said her goodbyes to the group of boys. She was halfway down the hall when a hand pushed her back.

"Hey," He said. She would lie if she said she was expecting him to follow but she wasn't.

"Hi!" It was stupid she thought, he just said 'hey' and she was smiling like a little girl.

"Are you going to the gym?" He asked. Her cheeks were hot, maybe if she just nodded it eventually would go away, the hotness she meant. But maybe if she didn't respond with a proper answer he would take that as an offense.

"Yeah. Cheer training."Mia knew the boy's training schedule, not because she was some sort of stalker, Bryce and the others just kept on sending her, so that they could hang out after classes.

"I didn't know you had practice now" He chuckled at her words, and he wondered if the reason was him or the other, boys. Why did Mia memorize his training schedule?

"I don't, but I need to have a word with coach" He looked down at her and her body language told him that she was embarrassed. Montgomery found that cute.

In fact, he found anything and everything cute about her, well, except when it was her practicing hours or whenever he found himself looking at her putting on makeup by her locker, In those moments Mia wasn't cute in his eyes anymore, she was smoking hot. And what he found the hottest about her, was when she walked all confident in the halls of Liberty High, he was sure that she was made for him.

"Why? Were you stalking my schedule princess?" The use of the nickname was on purpose, he knew she had a crush on him. It was apparent, but she was Little Mia. Justin lil sis. Bryce was her number-one protector. Montgomery knew she was totally off limits, nor even in his dreams, he could have her. That or his dick would be chopped off, and even though he liked Mia he liked his dick a lot more.

"Don't flatter yourself Montgomery. I don't waste my time on high school boys." She was sassy he would say, and a challenge, and Montgomery De La Cruz loved challenges.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Montgomery's nickname hadn't left her mind all day 'princess'. Maybe he just called her that because she was known around school like that. But Monty had never called her that before. It only made her want to use the tight skirt, even more, he was trying to play with her. A week since they secretly hooked up and now he wants to give her cute nicknames, if he wanted to play that game so would she.

She looked at herself in the mirror, she looked good, more than good. On the phone with Bryce he asked if she wanted a ride, afraid that he would send Montgomery to pick her up, she declined by saying.

"Nah, I am good. My dad is driving me".

Bryce's family was well seen and spoked around Crestmont. They were wealthy so anytime Mia wanted to go partying she just needed to mention Bryce Walker and her parents were going to say "Yes of course sweetie".

"What time should I pick you up?" Asked the man behind the steering wheel. She was a little afraid to say she was supposed to sleep there, like everyone else.

"Bryce's party end really late. And he said I could sleep in a spare room". Her father sighed, he already knew what was coming.

She also knew how to win her adoptive father, he was easy and with her, he just wanted to give her all she wanted.

"Fine, be careful. Teenage boys can be complicated, Mia."She kissed his cheek and left the car into the house of Bryce Walker.

"Hey, boys" Swinging her hips left and right, Mia made her way into the pool house, a couple of other teens, behind her friend group, were inside but most of them were outside by the pool.

"There she is! The life of the partyyy! " Shouted Bryce over everyone. A shy smile appeared on her lips, this was all news to her, the attention, the friend group, the stares, the whispers, and even though most people would hate it Mia Jensen loved it.

"Don't exaggerate it Bryce" She laughed. Her laugh was like a song to his ears and the sudden sound caught his attention. 

The pool house wasn't crowded with people but still had more than it usually did. Montgomery that was playing some video games with the boys got up in hopes to talk with Mia, but he was too late, Bryce was already introducing her to other guys, and he had to admit seeing her in that tight outfit, where her legs were a mile long, which didn't make any sense to him, Mia was so tiny, but that Damm outfit was driving him insane.

However it wasn't just him that was disappointed, Mia wanted him to take to her, maybe they could hook up again, maybe they could make that become a fling or maybe he didn't want that at all. But Mia was hooked in his scent, in his lips, in his hands around her face while he kissed her, and awh how good he kissed her last Friday.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The minutes went by slowly, and she was bored, for almost forty-five minutes she has been talking with this boy that Bryce introduced her to. He was nice, away too nice, but she couldn't see any interest in him, not even for one night stand. However across the pool table there he was. The boy that she had so much interest in, he was hard to crack, in one minute she was able to read him completely, it felted like they were past souls that had to spend a lifetime together but that didn't last much, a day later and he didn't even look at her. Again, he was hard to crack, but that didn't change her interest in him, in fact, it only made it bigger.

She wanted him to want her.

"What is going on with you, bro? You are staring at Mia for at least fifteen minutes."Bryce joined Montgomery and the other jocks by the bar next to the pool table.

"I just...Why did you put Michael talking to her?" He asked, Bryce didn't notice but he was jealous.

"Why not bro? Michael is a nice guy!"

"He is a fucking prick. He is probably a virgin, trying to lose it with her tonight."Laughed Bryce.

"Shit man, that is probably true. He looks like he is getting lucky though."Montgomery's eyes followed Bryce's, Michael was moving his hand further and further up her thigh and even though she didn't call for help, Monty saw in her eyes discomfort, she wanted him to stop. So Monty stopped it.

Maybe not in the nicest way, but after all he deserved it.  He was disrespecting Mia. Montgomery couldn't let that happen, not now, not ever.

"You didn't have to do that." Said the blonde.

After Montgomery pushed Michael off his chair and into the floor, Mia left the inside of the pool house to the outside area, next to the barbeque table.

"He deserved it." He leaned into one marble column.

"I guess. What a prick" She finally said " I mean, what did he even have in mind? We would have a nice chat and I would open up my legs for him?" She was mad, he could see that, and he kinda liked it.

"Don't let that prick affect you, princess"There it was that damm nickname "It's sad really." Concluded Montgomery, obviously, Mia didn't understand, why he said that, so she asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Him. It's sad that he would think you would sleep with him when you were the whole time thinking about me ."She blushed, he was right, how could he know that? She thanked they were in the dark.

"You don't know that."

"I am sure I am not wrong, just like I am sure you can't stop thinking about last Friday, princess". He moved closer to her and stopped walking right behind her.

"Montgomery" She whispered.

" Tell me pretty girl" He whispered in her ear.

"I want you" She turned around on the bench she was sitting on to look up at him in the eyes. Lust was all his shining eyes were showing her.

"Tell me more princess" His raspy voice sounded in her ears, she felt shivers down her body, and a sudden ache in between her legs.

"I want you." She begged. Mia didn't know where the sudden confidence came from, but she also didn't care.

 The boy wasted no time in connecting their lips and as the kiss became eager, he connected his knee to her clint, which earned a moan from the blonde pretty girl.

 They were lucky they were in the dark and far away from the party, what they were doing wasn't alarming to her, what was alarming was that she was sober, she couldn't blame the alcohol in her system, tomorrow in case this went the down road. 

She wasn't sure about Montgomery though, she saw him drinking a beer tonight, but just one, now she wasn't sure if he had other drinks earlier, because if he had, this might be just the liquor talking, but if he hadn't then, he wanted her as much as she wanted him to.

She got on her knees and the soft skin of her knees in touch with the hard ground hurt more than she expected it to. However, the euphoria her soul was feeling together with the hotness in her body, didn't let her stop.

It was the possibility of being seen there, with him, doing things that would never cross their minds. Mia Jensen was a good girl and she lived for risk. Montgomery De La Cruz was a risk she wanted to take.

Again she was a good girl and he wondered how bad can a good girl get?

Her mouth opened once she undid his jeans, where his clear erection was hard, with the anxiety of being caught there, she put it in her mouth. Quickly she noticed that it was bigger than she thought it would be, but obviously, that didn't stop her from giving him the time of his life.

"God Mia" she headed him groaning.

After several sucks, groans and everything in between Montgomery announced.

"Almost there princess"  A few more sucks, Montgomery takes his cock off Mia's mouth so that he could finish without getting her dirty.

"Mia Jensen, you amaze me each day," He said while stepping closer to her, after zipping his jeans again. His hand moved to the side of her face, and for a moment, again, Mia could read him. She wanted him to kiss her, to not let her feel used, she wanted him to take her hand and go back to the party with no cares in the world.

"Let's go back," he said, but he didn't move, and neither did she, they just stood there looking at each other in the eyes.

Mia was ready to speak up, to tell him to kiss her, maybe he didn't care about her as she wanted him to. And even though he was scared about the way she made him feel, he kissed her, he kissed her good. This kiss whatsoever it wasn't like the others they have shared, this one was different. It was more passion than eagerness.

The party went on for a couple more hours, and Mia found herself either sitting on Monty's leg, talking with their friend group or on the couch with her head on Monty's lap. She whispered in Monty's ear that she was going to the bathroom, but on her way, she crossed paths with Jeff.

"What is going on between you and De La Cruz?" He asked.

"Nothing or maybe something. I don't really know it yet." She admitted.

"Mia be careful. Montgomery has issues, and he is violent as shit. I just don't know if he is really the greatest guy for you." She didn't know where it came from, but listening to Jeff saying all those things about Monty, she didn't like it not one bit.  It's not like he was wrong though, she knew it was the truth but she didn't care.

"Don't we all have issues, Jeff?" He looked at her with worry in his eyes, she noticed it too because she soon after hugged him and said: " Don't worry Jeffy, I will be fine".

End of Flashback

"So we are good, right," He asked while placing the thin blonde hair behind the girl's ear.

"Yeah, we are good Monty" And so she kissed him, she always kissed him when they made amends, but this time was no different.

"I am happy you decided to come here so that we made amends Mia" He whispered.

"I didn't. I came here because Jay called me and asked me to."  He was confused and jealous, she didn't come here to be with him, she came here because someone else asked her to. Now he was wondering if it was really Justin or if it was Zach instead and she was covering for him.

"So you didn't care that we were mad "

"I didn't say that Montgomery" As fast as she sat in his lap, she got out of it.

"Well, it kinda sounds like you did."

"Well, I didn't. And you were the one that needed to apologize not me, if you were so worried about us being mad then you would come to me, not the other way around." She shouts, the anger in her voice so audibly, not even he recognized it.

"Oh come on Mia, the second you arrived you sat next to Dempsy." He also shouts.

" So?"

"So? Mia can't you see that he has feelings, you covering for him really doesn't help at all" Again, Mia hated that he would bring Zach into the conversations because it never ended well between them.

"You know what Monty, think whatever you want. I am your girlfriend, I am with you because you are the one I love, not fucking Zach Dempsy." Unlike all the other fights Mia didn't cry this time, she was so angry, not furious at him, that didn't even form tears in her eyes this time.

The fight between the hot-headed couple, only grew bigger and noisier, to the point where the other teens joined them outside and they couldn't hear. 

"What are you doing here with him?" Asked Justin to his girlfriend.'The sudden new voices caught the attention of both Mia and Montgomery.

"We are just having fun" Replied Jessica.

"See that is the reason I came here, Monty." Her voice hurt and sad hurt Monty but he was too proud to just take all he said back now.

" Why the fuck are you here with Bryce" Cursed Justin.

"Why do you care?" Everyone else was quiet, observing the scene. Mia that now was a lot calmer got closer to Monty, that wrapped his arm around her. She was afraid of what could happen, of what Justin could say in the next seconds. Everyone else was scared as well.

"Tell me"

"Tell her Justin" Said Alex, breaking the silence among his group.

"Alex" warned Zach.

"Let's go" 

"Tell me why you care" Begged the girl.

"Jess let's go"

"Tell me, Mia tell him to tell me. Why do you care."

But she was too scared to speak, so she just kept looking between the other couple, scared, to say the least.

"Don't bring her into this, let's just go"

"Tell me why you fucking care." She shout for the last time before her world fell apart.

"Because he fucking raped you," shouted Justin back.

Mia swore he didn't say what she thought she heard. It was impossible. Bryce would never do that to someone, especially one of his friends.

She was disgusted, to say the least, Bryce one of her best friends for the longest time raped Jessica.  She knew now, that she needed to stay by Jessica's side more than ever. However, from personal experience, she also knew that Jessica won't want to talk to anyone.

She didn't saw what happened after that, she only heard the voices, the slap, the sadness, and the hurt. 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Faster than ever she walked out of Bryce Walker's house, she didn't spoke with anyone as she walked out, not Montgomery, not Zach, not Jessica, not Justin, and especially not Bryce.

"Hey" Greeted Clay, walking into the living room with a bottle of milk in one hand. Mia was sitting on the big couch with a half-empty cup of brownish liquor.

"Hi" He sited by her side, but no word was shared between the two. Almost a minute later their mother walks in, as she heard her "hey", she quickly drowns the rest of the liquor in the glass.

"Hi," They both say.

"Honey, you asked earlier about Hannah's case but I couldn't talk" The older woman sits also on the couch next to her children.

"The Baker's lawyer got a judge to fast-track the case" She continued "The school offered a settlement, but the bakers turned it down today. Things are going to move on quickly from now on"

"To trial?" Asked Clay. Mia however hasn't said anything.

"Baker's lawyer will be issuing deposition subpoenas right away" Explained Lainie " I got a copy of the list today, a number of your's classmates are on it."

"Us?" Asked the boy again.

"Yes, you two are on it too" She responded.

"So I'll have testify" He said moving slowly forward.

"It's really just more like an interview" Lainie once again explained, she looked from the back of Clay's to see her daughter, head on the couch, shaking hands and legs, but her face numb.

"I will prepare you kids. Is everything okay Mia?" She asked.

A single laugh left her mouth and her eyes, just her eyes moved to her mother.

"Everything is splendid." She joked, but no one really understood the sarcasm.

"I will prepare for the kind of questions they are asking, which most will have to do with your relationship with Hannah Baker"

"We promise we will tell you everything "Clay spoke for both of them.

"But not yet," She said. She grabbed the glass that was on top of the table, left it in the kitchen, and walked to her room.

In her room it was dark, the lights were off and she kept it that way, it was cold but she didn't close the window even though she could have, it was messy and she couldn't find the energy to clean it. She was exhausted, but she couldn't show that.

She didn't even change clothes, she grabbed her headphones, lay down in bed, and wished this was all just a horrible nightmare.

Once the first tear dropped she grabbed the bottle from the inside of her closet, which was there for a long time, untouched. But tonight she needed it, two years, almost of not touching a sip of alcohol went to waste.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.9K 260 23
It started with a word, a fight, and something else in between that would bring everyone down with a vengeance that would rock Liberty High and it al...
27.8K 612 13
𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐫𝐚𝐝, 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐨𝐟...
34.5K 612 78
Cora Cameron, cousin of Sarah Cameron. Sarah and Cora have been close since birth. However, Sarah loved the kook life And Cora hated it, but she sti...
36.1K 3K 37
" I'll find you in my every lifetime, please don't forget me." Her eyes spilled the warm liquid as she took a last glance at her lover before she sle...