The Swan Has Horns

By BloodyPandaTears

It's been a while since the eldest child of Renee Dwyer, and Charlie Swan has returned to Forks. Distressed o... More

CAST
0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
Halloween Special
42
43
44
45
46
Thanksgiving Special
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
ACT II {COMING SOON}

33

1.9K 50 15
By BloodyPandaTears

It was silent mostly in the car, the fight between the girls ending with both girls in tears, and the three of them basically being kicked out after Antonio hurried and paid the bill. He should've stepped in, though who was he going to pull off? He couldn't break Jennifer loose without Isla getting upset, and he couldn't break Isla loose without Jennifer getting upset. The best possible answer he thought of was simply letting them fight it out considering they seemed like they needed it. He didn't have a sibling growing up, Bella being too out of touch to be considered that annoying sister, and him too far to be considered that overbearing brother. He never got to experience, nor understand why they were so violent with each other at times. They never really fought before in front of him, though he's sense they've done this before just without him witnessing it.

"You know we're going to have to talk about this later, right?" He mumbled, the exhaustion eating away at him at the moment. He really didn't want to deal with this, but watching his parents push back their problems is what lead to their downfall in their marriage. He knew they'll never split considering they were mated together, but that didn't mean he didn't want everyone to be happy.

"There's nothing to talk about." Isla oddly enough denied, she looked more tired than he did, and he figured it had to do with getting whatever was on her chest at the moment, "plus you can't talk to someone who would never listen." If it wasn't for the fact that they needed to keep up appearances, she would've been at home instead of riding there with that one other persons he didn't want to look at.

Jennifer also didn't say anything, choosing to instead look out the window. She didn't look tired, but she also didn't look so clean and fashionable like she usually does. Those champagne stains, and messy hair being a much different sight than he was used to. He didn't know who he should comfort, this was technically his first relationship if he didn't count when he 'dated' this girl at the age of ten. His first serious relationship and he was failing at it horribly.

"There's a bunch to talk about." There were somethings he was suppose to sit them down and talk about before, but work always snatched his attention away. Every time someone talked about getting something off their chest, there would always be something getting in the way, whether it was work, family problems, or even personal problems they needed to attend to. Something always happened.

He also knew what it was like growing up with parents who did nothing but fought. He didn't want that for his kids, he didn't want them to go through what he did, they wouldn't have grandparents to flee too when things got too bad. He also needed to get things straight with both Leah, and Bella. The fact that he barely interacted with his actual sister bothered him more than he would like, and the fact that Isla's words ranged deep in his mind was something else that he couldn't seem to focus on anymore. She was right that he should've stopped Jennifer, but than again, Jennifer was also right that she looked a bit rough. It made him even more worried that she was possibly killing herself unknowingly from all this trauma.

"Just take us home, we'll talk about this later, when I have my baby in my arms." She wanted that luxurious human sleep, she wanted her oh so sweet baby girl in her arms also. She needed something to ground her, and thankfully it came in the form of a tiny human that she played a part in creating herself. She wanted some time to herself.

"Okay." He only glanced over to check on his silent wife, before focusing on getting them back.

~~~~~~~

He woke up to the sound of nails being rapped against a surface. The annoying sound forcing his eyes open, and his hurting body upwards into a sitting position. His neck felt on fire, and his throat burnt, but he figured it was because of the biting it had suffered through. He had a mind to snap at whoever was making that noise, but his words were caught up in the back of his throat.

"Very rarely do we get visitors." The nail scraping stopped, the voice of a female basically purring into his ear. Their voice was all around, loud enough for him to hear, though quiet enough to the point it sounded more of a whisper than anything, "rarely do I get visitors." they giggled, and the soft feeling of something smooth, and hot ran over the side of his face. That was disgusting, the feeling left him feeling cold, all nasty from the saliva that lingered behind after the little lick, "do tell me little human why you have been dropped into my lap." Well their body actually considering they weren't human to begin with, the body was scaly, real snake like, though smooth at the same time. The feeling of raking their fingers through, left them feeling pleased in a real weird way.

"Lap?" Charlie though could only cough out what he wanted to say, the words barely recognizable, though whatever held the voice of a woman didn't seem to have a problem deciphering it.

"Yes, fool. My lap, why have you fallen into my lap? Do you wish to die? Do you wish to gain a power greater than God?" They hissed, prattling on in his ear as they listed all the reason he could've possibility chosen to fall right into their plate, "Godspeed child, I'm not very patient, and your starting to smell quite tantalizing." They jostled him just a little, Charlie snapping out his stupor to look around the oddly dark like atmosphere.

"I-I don't even know where I am, I don't even know who you are!" He tried standing at this point, legs wobbling, and arms failing as he tried balancing himself upwards, "you licked me which is quite disgusting, and now you're threatening to eat me?" He could've died, for what he thinks would be a second time when the scaly beast laughed at him. The movement jostled him even more, and turned his stomach inside out.

"LIES! Humans are selfish creatures that think nothing but of themselves. I should finish you off for sprouting such nonsense. I sense your desire, I sense what you truly wish, and I can give that all to you, for the exchange of something important to you." He was dropped onto the floor, a breath of relief flooding his system the second he was met with the cold hard ground that he was used to. It wasn't anything like outside, but the cold, damp feeling of wet dirt was similar enough.

As much as he wanted to deny the scaly beast, in some aspect it was right. He did have something he wished greatly for, but he wasn't religious enough to believe that some heavenly beast of some sort could fix it for him. His wishes ranged from starting his life over from scratch, fixing the things that he wished could've gone better, and his wishes got simpler from there. To be happy, to be proud of where he's at in life.

"I see you thinking, I see you raking through that tiny brain of yours to find what you wish." They prattled on, giggles, and hisses whispering themselves into his ear like a gentle hymn. He really wanted a second chance at life, really bad, but he wasn't a complete fool. He knew that there was a strong possibility that his son wouldn't be there with him, his daughter, hell his daughter in laws, and granddaughter would cease to exist. He knew all that and it scared him to even think about it.

"I-I" He had a chance to restart, for the price of something special, probably his soul if he was being honest, but he had a chance, "I-I."

~~~

"Daddy you're catching all of them! I can't catch anything with you catching everything!" Antonio was simply precious in his eyes. He never really thought about children until it was too late, but those shiny eyes over something as simple as catching fish, made him feel like a god. Made him feel as if he could do anything, and it'll impress the toddler before him, "why won't they bite my bait?" He was at that age where everything simple just impressed him, and Charlie couldn't be anymore endeared. He pained him to know that at a certain point He and Renee had discussed aborting the child they weren't ready to have at such a young age.

"Daddy's magical like that." He even ignored the snort that Billy had released, keeping quiet just so the father-son duo could have their little moment, "fishes just love me." He grinned, already getting ready to reel in another fish that latched onto his hook. Every time he brought Antonio along with him, they just seemed to catch more, like a lucky charm. Antonio made everything seem easy, and gave him a feeling of motivation.

"I wanna be magical! Like Daddy, I wanna catch all the fishes!"

~~~

That memory was clearer than anything else in his head, the first time Renee had allowed him to take Antonio fishing with him. That day the poor boy had got so excited when he caught his first fish that he jumped up, and flipped overboard into the pond getting all wet. Billy laughed, and Charlie panicked to the point of also falling overboard. They got an entire seafood buffet out of it, but both boys ended up sick, and bedridden for a couple weeks.

Antonio was a gift that had thrown his life into a better direction than it ever had before. He ended up getting a job at the sheriff department, earning double than what he was making as a janitor in Forks high. Renee had accepted his marriage proposal, and even moved in with him so it was easier to care for Antonio before he was born. That boy was a blessing in disguise, and he would've never kicked his ass into gear without the appearance of him.

"What would be the cost if I were to ask you for something?" There were other wishes, he could wish for Antonio to have a better life, to forgive him for not caring properly for Kyrie, or he could wish for Bella to return back to him. A better chance at being a good father.

"Smart little thing you are, creatures like you don't usually care what it takes to get what they want, they just want it." Giggled all cutely, and strangely enough Charlie was taking the whole scaly beast thing well. He wasn't all that weirded out like he was at first, more so confused at how this thing even existed to begin with, "Lets think, lets think." They made some type of movement, and Charlie shivered. The harsh sound of scales sliding against dirt, scratching at his eardrums.

"Let's not get too stereotypical now. I don't want your soul, I'm not a demonic creature, and I have no use for it. Your first born is more so Lucifer's thing, and honestly you're the first person to call me forth." They spoke so softly, though their tone was so rough, "what would be best for a creature like you?" They hissed in what he hoped was a good way considering it sounded so much softer than the usual ear stabbing pain.

"Give me a wish, and I'll think of something to trade for it." They were stumped, maybe it was because this was the first human to ever call upon them, or maybe this was the first being to ever come to them with no wish for power without thought.

"I-I don't have one, I just want whats best for my family, though I keep fucking it up somehow." And he was once again going to fuck it up, by dying on his children, dying on the citizens of Forks he promised to protect during his time of serving. He was going to fail them all and he couldn't do anything about it.

"Family? What's best for your family? What about what's best for you? I know you wish to start over and do things right, don't you want to pursue that? Redo everything right...So stupid you are." He could literally hear the movement of the beast rolling their eyes. If they were human, they probably would've even slapped him for such a bland wish, but it was true. He wanted his family to do well. He wanted Bella to be happy, Antonio to be happy, hell he wanted Jennifer and Isla to be happy along with little Kyrie. He himself wanted to be happy, but he was willing to trade his happiness for theirs.

"Stupid, but interesting." For the first time since he had arrived in this weird area, the creature had leaned down to the point of their nostrils being visible within the darkness. Scales a dark blue, and sharp, "I tell you what. Do you wish to live? Right now your soul is in purgatory, and the only reason you've lived this far is because you're with me." A deep breath had his hair and clothes sucking towards its face, and the release of breath had him damn near bending backwards with the force, "entertain me, and I'll award you with whatever wish you desire. Free of charge, lowly mortal." It seemed to glower down at him, though Charlie could really only assume it was because of the way its eyes were shaped.

"I do want to live, wish to see both my kids succeed in life, and my granddaughter grow as much as I can. Only for the price of entertainment? No schemes?"

"I might be a god in this dimension, but I don't lie. This place gets tiring to look at, all the death, and wandering souls is exhausting to deal with at times. You entertain me with your mortal life, and I'll grant you your wish. Agree to my terms, and I'll send you on your way to your waiting family." This time around he could actually seem them roll their eyes. A small snort blowing him backwards as they took him to his accusation.

"D-Deal."

"Say it with your chest, human! I won't hesitate for an answer."

" I SAID DEAL DAMMIT!" He hoped he didn't regret his words, he never thought in his entire life that he would be making a deal with some type of scaly beast, that resides in a place he only thought was make believe considering he wasn't religious at all.

"Good," He received a lick, watching the beast through disgusted eyes as they took in a deep breath, and released what he hoped was a gush of blue air, "Entertainment well mortal." He woke up to the sound of crying, Isla sitting in a corner while she bawled her eyes out, and Antonio frankly talking on the phone to someone in another language. His entire body hurt, but most importantly the spot where Kyrie laid on his chest was cold, very cold.

"An-" His head was back to hurting, and the most he could do was mumble a few syllabus under his breath.

"Dad!" It didn't stop Antonio from dropping whatever he was doing to rush to his side. Hands grabbing at his clothes to drag him upwards into his arms, and head pressing harshly into his chest in hopes of checking his heartbeat, "what happened? Where's and where's Kyrie?" He had sensed that she was here only a few hours ago before they arrived back, but he couldn't sense where she was unless she was awake. She wasn't, and he was worried about that.

"My baby!" For once Jennifer sat quietly, and without knowing what had happened beforehand, you would've never believed that the two girls had even fought each other. They both seemed to be in total distress, though Isla looked worse by a long shot, "Antonio our baby!" He wished he could comfort her, though he was busy with making sure Charlie's heart stayed stable enough to the point that he wasn't borderline dying.

"B-Baby? Kyrie '' He was starting to catch on, his hand feeling around his body to notice that the missing flesh was no longer missing, and the small child was nowhere to be seen.

Vampire

That feminine voice hissed, Charlie's head throbbing immensely as he tried gaining his bearings. He was still hearing that beast's voice.

"Y-You got explaining to do son." This night was too much, and the aggressive hissing was skull shattering at this point. He just wanted a nap, and whatever Antonio was trying to say, didn't reach his ears as he closed his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got nothing to say, but damn. What about you guys?

Also, I've been told about the spacing being horrible, so I'm going to guess majority of you are reading on a phone. I type up my chapters on a google docs, then copy/paste it here just in case Wattpad wants to be a little bitch and delete whatever I wrote. So it looks good on a computer, but I tried spacing it again. My phone readers, please check to see if this is better.

Also, I've managed to get few more books ready. Carlisle's, Alice's, and Esme's. I won't put anything out about them, until I finish this book, I will ask this question though.

-After this book do you want me to go ahead and start on Rosalie's or finish up Charlie's book. I'll unpublish Charlie's book if you want me to work on Rosalie's because I feel bad that there are people reading it, yet updates for it won't come for a while, because I'll be working on another book.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 73 12
Bellamy Swan returns to Fork's with his twin sister Bella. He doesn't realise it when he gets there, but his fate had already been laid out without h...
35.3K 928 15
(Twilight ff, it will not be following the storyline as I'll began writing from after the fight with the Volturi and Renesmee is about 7 years old) C...
285K 9.5K 39
Aurelia only came to Forks to help Carlisle protect his family. She fully intends to be on the first plane back home when this whole mess is over. B...
498K 10.1K 49
~Carlisle Cullen love story~ Sophie swan daughter of Charlie swan and Renee.. sister of Bella swan. Sophie see's the world as black and white.. but s...