Every Little Thing

By lyssspotter

Blake Hallows has faced more trauma in her twenty two years than most people face their entire life. Ryder A... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Tweny Five
Epilogue

Chapter Eighteen

486 9 3
By lyssspotter

Ryder

It's been a few weeks of Axel seeing Blake, and everytime he gushes about her or the date they went on I have to reel my jealousy in and check myself. I'm not sure what she told him about us or if he's even asked, but he hasn't brought anything up to me and part of me is glad. She's clearly moved on and is trying to with someone, I can't get in the middle and I shouldn't stop it.

But it fucking kills each time we're at practice and I catch him smiling down at his phone like a teenager texting his first crush. I hate it because I remember what it's like to be in his position, to get those cute texts from her or when she randomly sends a selfie or gif and you can't help but smile and laugh. I was him for a chunk of time and it was the best few months of my life.

We're going to see some local rock band play at the House of Blues tonight. It's me, the guys, Callan, Blake and some chick Carson's been sleeping with. Tonight's the first time that Blake and Callan will meet, I'm nervous and excited because I feel like they'll hit it off. Blake's mentioned her before, Axel's told me that she asked if Callan was my girlfriend and he didn't deny it but he also didn't confirm it either. The guys know where I stand with Cal, regardless of their jokes they know she's a cool chick and we have fun together.

We finish our last practice of the week and the team heads to the locker room to shower. I hang back with some of the other coaches and we compare some notes and go over a few things. When I head back in, finally Axel comes and finds me in my office "Knock, knock" he says and I tell him to come in. He walks over and takes a seat in the chair across from me.

"We're meeting there at seven right?" I ask as I look down at my book.

"Yeah, you nervous?" I look up at him with a cocked brow.

"Nervous? Why would I be?" I try to remain calm.

"Because your current girl and ex are going to meet tonight for the first time" he says with a sarcastic grin.

"Callan knows all about her, and Blake and I are friends now. There's nothing to worry about man, I'm happy you two are doing good" he nods.

"Are you sure? I hope you know our friendship comes first and it ever bothered you I would end it. Just say the word" he says seriously but I know he wouldn't.... because I wouldn't.

"Ax, I'm happy for you okay? Don't worry about me. Her and I are on good terms and I like seeing you two together so don't sweat it" I reassure him and he relaxes more.

"So what do you think of the girl Carson's bringing?" we both laugh.

"Some chick he's been sleeping with, hopefully we don't call her the wrong name... again" he says and we both crack up.

"Seriously he was so mad last time, fuck" Axel stands and is about to walk out.

"See you later boo" I say jokingly as he looks back and blows me a kiss.

I finish up at the office and then head home, when I get there Callan's sitting on the couch with her laptop on her lap, laser focused on whatever she's doing. I set my keys on the counter along with my hat and run a hand through my mess hair as I walk into the kitchen.

"How was practice?" she asks.

"Good, how was your day?" I ask.

"It was good, I was busy taking pictures of the baseball and basketball team. I have a wedding to shoot tomorrow so this weekends going to be busy"

"You excited for tonight?" I say and she smirks.

"What? To finally meet the infamous Blake for real... I am. When we saw her at the market I was like damn this girls hot. A shame she's with Axel now" she adds and I sense the humor.

"He's really into her which is fine with me" I say and try to sound convincing.

"You don't fool my Ry, you've been in love with her for over six years... that shit doesn't just go away regardless of who you fuck" she says bluntly.

"Yeah well she thinks we're dating" I say and she cringes "Damn is the thought of dating me that gross to you?" I ask and she laughs.

"No it's not even though it'll never happen. You're not my type and you know that buddy, but the sex is good so there's that" she says with a shrug.

"Good to know, but yeah tonight will be interesting" she looks up at me.

"Don't use me to make her jealous because you can't admit how you feel, got it? If she's as cool as you say and we hit it off... I don't want to be in that position. I will tell her we're just friends" she says with a pointed look.

"Deal Cal and you know I wouldn't use you" she smiles.

"I still had to say it" she finishes her editing and I take a shower. When she's finished she joins me in the shower and as usual I try to fuck Blake out of my system.

I know Callan knows but she never says anything about it, because it's an itch we both scratch. After the shower I get ready, running a little jel through my hair and then throwing on a black shirt with black jeans and my vans. Callan puts on some makeup, curls her hair and throws on a black dress with flowers, her doc martens and a leather jacket.

We both take a couple shots of Jameson and then head out to our Uber. Neither of us felt like driving tonight and I know I'm going to drink if I have to see Axel and Blake all over each other. The ride to the House of Blues isn't too long, and when we get out I call Carson and meet up with him in line. As we walk up I see the blonde he has with him and recognize her from the cheer team, I laugh to myself because it's so typical of him.

As we get closer I see Blake and Axel, standing hand in hand. Her hair is straightened down her back and she has on a black cropped tank that is a v cut in the front, showing off her perky chest. She has on grey jeans with black ankle boots and fuck me, she looks like a goddess. Axel's eyes meet mine and he grins "Hey buddy" he calls out as we approach.

I fist bump the guys and then we introduce the girls. I see the hesitation in Blake's eyes but the second they start talking she relaxes and they immediately get into conversation about something. Even Carson's girl.... Stephanie? Sarah? Fuck me if I listened to it, but she joins into their conversation and it puts me at ease for now that it's going smoothly.

The line moves and eventually we're all inside, heading over to the bar. Axel gets drinks for him and Blake, while Callan orders our usual; Jack and Coke. Blake's standing next to me so I say fuck it and start a conversation "You look pretty" I say and she awkwardly smiles.

"Oh, thanks. You look good to" she says honestly.

"I'm glad you and Cal hit it off, I always knew you two would get alone well" I say with a smile.

"She's hilarious and so sweet, I like her a lot so far"

"Good, she's a good friend to" I hint and hope she understands.

Axel and Callan come back with all our drinks, we end up follow Carson and his girl towards the stage. The thing about the House of Blues is it's all standing room, so you want to get here early to get a good spot by the stage. We shove our way towards the front, center and end up grabbing a great spot not too close but not too far either.

The girls are all talking animatedly and laughing as I talk with the boys. But my eyes don't leave Blake because she's hard not to get lost in. I notice Axel place his hand on her waist for comfort and she leans into him and he kisses her cheek. Callan looks over at me with a sympathetic expression because she's the only one who knows the truth, I give her a nod and then look away and sip on my drink. I want Blake to be happy, but man do I want to be the one making her feel that way. This shit is a lot harder than I thought, but I care too much about both of them to make a fuss of anything.

The opening band comes out as the area starts to get more crowded. Blake stands in front of Axel and he holds onto her waist. Carson does the same with his girl, while Callan stands next to me because like I said before, we're not like that. She dances next to me, letting loose and swaying her hips and I just watch and laugh.

She elbows my side "Loosen up, or at least pretend you're having fun" she say with a serious look and I roll my eyes humorously.

I sway a little to the music and genuinely like the opening band. They give me a Three Days Grace mixed with Breaking Benjamin vibe and sound really good. My eyes wander over next to me and I watch as he whispers in her ear, and her entire face lights up. He kisses her cheek and holds her close to him like he doesn't ever want to let her go and my chest aches with longing.

After the opener finishes I walk over to the bar and grab another drink and a shot. I make my way back over and feel the buzz starting to hit me; thank god. When the headliner comes out I'm feeling good and finally let loose, as I sing along to the songs and dance a little. Callan and I dance next to each other and I see it in her eyes that she's happy that sad boy Ryder is gone.

When the concerts finished we all walk a few blocks to this late night pizzeria that has the biggest and best pizza in the city. We all order and grab an open table, Blake and I sit while every else waits in line for the restroom. She sits across from me and I notice her flushed cheeks and glossed over eyes; she's buzzed.

"Have fun?" I ask.

"So much fun, they were awesome" she says and sips on her soda.

"Seriously, I'm glad we all went" she nods in agreement.

"Have you slept with him?" falls out before I can stop myself and she narrows her eyes at me.

"Uh... why are you asking?"

"I'm just curious" I say casually and sit back.

"That's not your business Ryder" she says seriously and she's right because it's not.

"I know" is all I say.

"You and Callan make a good couple" she says dryly.

"We're not a couple"

"I thought you were..." I cut her off.

"We're just friends and occasionally we fuck but that's it" she makes an 'O' shape with her mouth that makes my dick twitch.

"So no girlfriend?" I shake my head.

"Nope, not since you" I say honestly and her eyes widen in surprise, I guess the alcohol is getting the better of me.

"Same" she says almost under her breath.

I thought maybe that was the case with her, but I wasn't sure "No one?" I ask.

"Nope, I went on dates here and there. I had a few flings or casual sex but never anything serious or close to a relationship" her honesty is nice.

"Now you have Axel" I say.

"Yeah but we're just hanging and getting to know each other" she says right as our friends come back and the women behind the counter calls out our order.

I get up and Axel follows, we grab all of the food and bring it back over. Everyone quietly digs into their slices but Blake and I keep glancing at one another. After we're done eating we each take an Uber to our own place and I wonder if Blake and him will be sleeping together tonight.

Callan head back to her place and I go to bed. I slide into bed, alone and try to sleep off the drunkenness and shitty thoughts but I know that this is going to be my new usual now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 327 13
Ryder is a student at Phoenix High School. He's that weird emo kid who cuts daily, gets bullied frequently, and to top it all off, he's gay. He's for...
Gift By Lawrence

Teen Fiction

607 73 26
Ryder's looking for a boyfriend, though he's never really planned on doing so. And the lucky-or perhaps unfortunate-winner of his attention is Blake...
475K 11.1K 39
Danielle Martin isn't a typical girl in high school. She doesn't wear tight clothes or pounds of makeup, she isn't popular and isn't really a big fan...
1.9K 150 40
Arianna has lived her whole life in Boston with her 8 siblings and her parents. It has become the one place she loves the most. So, when her parents...