Evermore (Once Upon a Time)

Oleh decapiitare

A tale in which (multiple) relationships are complicated and there's a lot of magic. (August/OC + Belle/Ruby... Lebih Banyak

Evermore;
(02) The Doctor
(03) Child of the Moon
(04) The Outsider

(01) The Crocodile

16 0 0
Oleh decapiitare

'You know, I don't understand why you keep going down there.' Beetle asked. They were leaning against a fence, with their hands in their pockets.

'Like I understand why Henry does - he wants his family back - but you? Surely it would just wreak havoc with your hair and clothing?'

Ruby said nothing, just fixed her hat and looked up at the sky. Then, as if on cue, David exited the mines followed by Henry.

'Oh, I see.' Beetle remarked. 'You do know he has a wife, right?'

'Yeah, and I'd much rather date her.' Ruby replied smugly, offering Beetle her arm. 'Now, would you care to come with me back to work?'

'I suppose I must, after all I have been thinking about a hot cup of tea.' Beetle replied, taking her arm and walked away towards Granny's Diner.

Beetle nursed the cup of tea in their hands as Ruby scooted into the booth next to them.

Beetle was seated opposite a newcomer in town, and had been making conversation with her for several minutes. Luckily they appeared to have quite a few things in common. Ruby had ordered an iced tea, and as she sat down she placed a straw into the drink.

'Bad break-up?' Ruby asked.

'I think it's heading there, yeah.' Belle replied.

'Well, whomever did that to you doesn't deserve you.' Beetle said. 'I mean, I have only known you for about 5 minutes, but I can tell you that you're a wonderful person.'

'Do you need a place to stay?' Ruby asked quietly. 'Any family here?'

'I'm not sure, I'm on my own for now.' Belle replied.

'I can ask around.' Ruby said.

'Yeah, it wouldn't take long.' Beetle added. 'Particularly considering she was the one who had the idea for the flyers, back when the, uh, curse broke. She's very resourceful.'

'Thanks, uh...' Belle started, trailing off when she realised that she wasn't aware of Ruby's name.

'Ruby.' Ruby stated.

'Belle.' Belle replied. 'What I really need, though, is a life. A job.'

'Well, what do you like to do?' Ruby questioned.

'I do love books.' 

'The library.' Ruby said, looking over at Beetle. 'It's been closed forever, but things are changing now. Maybe they need a librarian.'

'I can take you there later, if you want.' Beetle added. 'Also, if you need someone else to help run the library I'd be very much on board!'

'So, here we are!' Beetle said, pointing to the clock tower. 'Go over and have a look!'

'Thank you so much!' Belle said, clapping her hands.

Belle then wandered over to the door and pulled on the handles. Sadly it was locked, but Belle didn't appear perturbed. She, instead, dropped her hand from the door and walked around the side.

'Find anything yet?' Beetle asked, slowly following behind Belle. 

'Not yet.' Belle called, back then emitted a startled yelp.

'Belle? You okay?' 

'Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry, Bug.'

Something in Beetle's gut twinged at the sound of Belle using their nickname, one that Ruby had given them. But, that wasn't necessarily a bad thing, it was just new.

Then it all went quiet, causing them to worry. So she rushed around the corner, only to see that Belle had disappeared.

'Oh, balls.' Beetle groaned. They'd better go and find Ruby.

'So, have you seen her?' David tucked the piece of paper back into his hand. Ruby's eye flicked to behind him and Gold, where Beetle was standing. 

'Yeah, she came in this morning, and then Beetle took her to the library. Neither of us know what happened to her after that.'  Ruby then walked behind the counter and picked up Belle's sweater. 'But if you find her, give her this. She left it in her booth.'

'That's mine.' Gold breathed, to shocked reactions. 'She didn't have anything for the cold.'

'You sure you'll watch out for her?' Ruby asked David.

'Yes. Why?'

'I think...I think I can find her. Lately, since things changed, I've been, uh, more sensitive to odours.'

'What? You can smell her?' Gold asked.

Silently Ruby reached over the counter for the piece of clothing and took it from him. 

'I guess it's because of the wolf thing.' Ruby replied, before lifting it to her nose and smelling it.

The small group had been following Ruby for about three minutes, before Ruby stopped and began to turn in a confused circle outside the shop that Belle's father owned.

'What's wrong?' Beetle asked, gently.

'I had her, but I lost her.' Ruby replied, sneezing. 'It must be the flowers. I can't track her anymore, I'm sorry.'

'Don't be. This is her father's shop.' Gold said. He then walked in through the open door, striding towards Belle's father (who had just appeared from around a corner.)

'You again! Out! This is a private establishment, you're not welcome!' He yelled.

'Where's Belle?'

'I won't let anything happen to her, Moe.' David stated. 

'We're just worried.' Beetle and Ruby added together.

'Don't be. She's safe. So you can stop looking.'

'Look, if I could just have the chance to talk to her....'

'You want to destroy Belle, like you destroy everything else. Well, I won't let that happen.' Moe stated.

'What have you done with her?' Gold shouted.

'There was only one way to get her away from you.'

'What have you done?'

'I have to let her forget you..no matter the cost. Even if it means she forgets me, to.'

'He's sending her across the town line.'

At this David shoved Moe out the door and down the road, until he was pressed against the side door of his delivery truck.

'Where are you sending Belle across?' David questioned. 'You know we have patrols on the Storybrooke line making sure nobody crosses the town line accidentally. So how are you planning to get her out?'

Suddenly Moe was ripped from David's hands by Gold and shoved against the trucks door. Gold then began to choke him with his cane. 

'Where? Where  are you sending her across? Tell me where!' 

'Stop it! You're going to kill him!' David yelled, ripping the cane from Gold's hands. David then paused, looking down at Moe's hand. 'You've been down in the mines. The tunnels. They lead out of town. He then piled into the back seat with Moe and Gold, signalling at Ruby to drive.

'That is..oh wow.' Ruby murmured, watching as Gold pulled the mine cart that held Belle in it back towards the small group.

'Huh. I could do that, easy.' Beetle mumbled, not impressed by Ruby's reverent awe.

Belle's shackles then clicked off her hands, and with her permission, David lifted her out of the mine cart and placing her next to Gold.

'Belle, are you all right?' Gold questioned, nervously. 

'Yeah, I think so.'

'You remember who I am?'

'I do.' Belle said, nodding. 'Rumplestiltskin, I remember.'

Then, without a moments notice, he pulled her into a hug. Unexpectedly the hug didn't last long, as she pushed him away from her and stepped back, closer to David.

'Belle, what's wrong?'

'Thank you for what you just did. But that doesn't change that you're to cowardly to be honest with me.'

'Wel, Belle, it's just..'

'I tried to tell him that, but he wouldn't listen.' Moe attempts to interject. 'Come with me, Darling.'

'After what you just tried to do with me? You're no better, Father. You don't get to decide who I am or what I feel. I do!' Belle stated, pushing past Gold on her way out of the mines. 'If either of you cared about me you would have listened. I don't want to see either of you again. Ever.'

'So!' Beetle said, spreading their arms wide. 'Here we are then!'

'Oh. You don't live together, all these are clearly Ruby's clothes. I just thought, what with you two being a couple and all...'

'What?' Beetle and Ruby exclaimed in unison.

'Oh, I'm sorry..' Belle mumbled, sheepishly looking at her shoes. 'I, uh, I didn't mean to..'

'That's quite all right,' Ruby replied, cutting her off mid-sentence.

'And no, no, we don't.' Beetle said, answering Belle's question from before. 'I think our organisation systems would clash to much for that, it's not even a possibility.'

Belle surveyed the racks of clothes, before her eyes landed on a sleevless checked red dress.

'I like this one.'

'Great! I think that one will suit you perfectly.' Ruby complimented.

'This one's a classic.' Ruby said, sliding Belle a plate with a pancake, some bacon and a lemon topped with a strawberry next to a scrambled egg. 'The syrup goes on the pancakes, those are the round things. But I kind of like it when it gets on everything.'

'You're adorable. You do know that, right?'

'You know, uh, thank you both.' Belle said, smiling. 'Not, uh, not just for this but for everything.'

'No worries, and you can stay here until you're on your feet. Granny will be fine with it.' Ruby replied. 'Oh! And I almost forgot, someone dropped this off for you at the front desk.'

Ruby handed her a box, which Belle opened. Inside was the key to the library.

'You need me to go with you again?' Beetle asked, looking at the key as Belle held it up.

'No, but thank you. I think this time I'll be all right.'

[ Author's Note ]

The gays are here!!!!!!!

[ Written: 30th September 2022 - 23rd November 2022 / Published: 18th of January 2023 ]

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

944K 21.6K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
63.5K 1.3K 47
*Completed* "Fake it till you make it?" A messy relationship with a heartbroken singer in the midst of a world tour sounds like the last thing Lando...
304K 9.1K 100
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
231K 10.7K 32
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...