𝑩𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒐

By AuteureAngel

~Camila~ "𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒏'𝒕 𝒂𝒏 π’‚π’π’ˆπ’†π’ π‘ͺπ’‚π’Žπ’Šπ’π’‚, π’šπ’π’–'𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒓 π’‡π’“π’π’Ž 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕" Camila was... More

Characters and aesthetic
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five
Thirty-six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-eight
Thirty-nine
Forty
Forty-one
Forty-Two
Forty-three
Forty-four
Forty-five
Forty-six
Forty-seven
Forty-eight
Forty-nine
Fifty
Fifty-one
Fifty-two
Fifty-three
Fifty-four
Fifty-five
Fifty-six
Fifty-seven
Fifty-eight
Fifty-nine
Epilogue
-----
New book
Coming soon!!

Seven

23.9K 595 121
By AuteureAngel

Mild violence ⚠️‼️

"I won't be able to help your company," he said, dropping the bombshell, causing all our eyes to widen in shock.

"Mr. Dela Lucchese!" Mr. Paisley quickly rose to his feet, his eyes wide with surprise. I stared at the man who stood proudly in front of us, anger swirling in his eyes.

"The next time I'm invited to such a worthless meeting, be assured that this company will crumble right under your nose," he glared at Mr. Paisley, adjusting his blazer before storming out.

"Mr. Dela Lucchese, give us a reason at least!" Mrs. Paisley cried out, following him out.

I stood there, still in shock at the insult we had faced moments before. I didn't have time to process what had happened when a hand gripped my arm, and I turned to see Aubrey's angry eyes beside me.

"This is all your fault, Camila. The company wouldn't have to face this if you didn't show up late and give a bad presentation, aside that, I'm pretty sure you messed up at his office like you always do. I guess you only went there to seduce him and get—" My palm collided with her face, not letting her finish her words.

"That's enough, Aubrey!" I yelled in frustration and pent-up anger. "I've had enough of you. Instead of blaming me and accusing me of something you do, why don't you try using your empty brain to think of the reason why he refused to help us and help provide a solution, since you claim to be so wise?"

My outburst left everyone awestruck. I went after Mr. Dela Lucchese, but he was busy talking to Mrs. Paisley, and he looked so mad.

I really wonder what made him so angry, because yesterday he told me that he liked my ideas and he was going to consider them, so what changed his mind? He finished speaking with Mrs. Paisley, and I wanted to go and have a word with him, but I was stopped by Mr. Paisley.

I turned around to find him glaring at me.

"What do you think you want to do, Camila? You've already made him angry by being late and giving a horrible presentation, and I really wonder what you did yesterday. I'm sure you tried getting into his pants," he insulted me.

I got angry about to stop him but his palm collided with my face.

"Henry!" Mrs. Paisley shrieked and slapped him, causing all of the colours to drain from his face, but he can't do anything to her because, regardless of their marital status, she is still his boss.

"Why would you hit a woman?" She yelled. Without much deliberation, I lifted my hand and hit him hard. I heard everyone's gasps and I saw Mrs. Paisley's shock out of the corner of my eye.

Mr Paisley seemed astounded, presumably not expecting me to ever stand up for myself.

"I've had enough of you, Henry. I can take whatever garbage you hurl at me, but hit me? I'd cut off your balls if I have to. Being silent does not imply that I am stupid."

"Camilla..... I brushed Mrs Paisley's fingers away from my shoulders.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Paisley, that you didn't get the contract with Mr. Dela Lucchesse, and I apologise for disrespecting you in front of everyone, but my self-worth is more important to me than the relationship we have as employee and employer. Your husband has treated me disrespectfully throughout the last few years, and I will not tolerate it anymore. You've finally gotten what you want, Henry; I'm leaving Paisley Fashion House for good, and you can put the company down your filthy throat." I angrily yelled and stormed away, going for my office.

I secured the door and took my seat. I placed my elbow on my desk and buried my fingers in my hair, tears silently streaming down.

Just in the blink of an eye, I lost my job.

After gathering myself, I packed my belongings with agony tugging at my chest.

"Cammie-- Paula voice called out, and she and Mrs. Paisley approached me as soon as I got out of my office.

"Camila-- I looked up and saw Mrs Paisley's sad eyes.

"Mrs. Paisley, I'm sorry for the deal you lost. I know this meant a lot to you, Mrs. Paisley, and I fouled it up for you. I'm-- she shut me down and drew me into an embrace.

"It is not your fault, Camila; I should be apologising for what Henry did to you," she cried, and I unconsciously shook my head.

"I have to go now" I whispered and walked past them but Paula held my wrist to stop me and I looked back to meet a sad look on her face.

"Camila, where are you going to work now?" she asked concerned. I smiled sadly and shook my head.

"You don't have to worry about me Paula, I can handle myself" I pulled my hands away and left before Aubrey came to visit me, because I am afraid that if I confronted her, I will end up in jail.

I used the back entrance to get to the garage so Mr Paul wouldn't question me and become worried about me.

~~~~~

I arrived home and on my way to my apartment I bumped into Ricky.

"Camila" he called. His voice braided with concern. I pulled a smile to hide my tears but the look on his face told me he wasn't falling for my fake smile.

"What's wrong Camila?" I shook my head to indicate that nothing was wrong with me. "You know that I won't believe that Camila, the look in your eyes says otherwise". I sighed and pulled my arms out of his hold.

"You're right Ricky, I'm not fine, so what's next, you are going to ask me what happened that made me this way? Look Ricky you're really a good person and I appreciate your concern but I don't wish to share my problem, if you'll excuse me".

I pushed past him and into my flat, and the tears I had been holding rolled down.

"Finally you're back; go get ready for the.... Her voice died off as she locked eyes with mine.

"Cammie," she called quietly with concern attached to her voice as she ran up to me. When she was close enough, I flung my arms over her shoulder, sobbing hard.

She drew me to the sofa and brought me a glass of water. I gulped it down quickly, and she looked at me silently with concern as she waited for me to calm down.

~~~~

"He slapped you? C'mon cammie we're going to the police to report this how dare he?" She yelled angrily and stood up ready to actually do what she said but I held her wrist stopping her.

"Leave it Ava, there's no point escalating this, I already thought him a lesson"

''But cammie what he did was w.....

"I know but I really don't want this to escalate and get to my family because I don't want them to worry".

She sighed and the angry look on face morphed into a sad one.

"Alright I'll let it go but you have to do something for me, we have to go to the club this night" I sighed and I stood up.

"Really Ava? I don't have the energy and....

"If you don't do as I say I'll use the time we're supposed to be in the club and go to the police." She threatened, and I knew she could do it, so I sighed in defeat, realising there was no way out.

"O...okay let me go change" she clapped her hands excitingly.

"That's the spirit Cammie, you really thought I would let you sulk? Besides you really need to relax, you'll get a better job where you'll be loved and treated nicely" she kissed my cheek and I smiled in satisfaction knowing that i have her in my life.

My phone rang as I exited the bathroom , wrapped in a towel. When I saw the name that flashed on the screen, a smile came across my lips.

"Mom"

"I'm so mad at you, Cammie, for two days you haven't called." I could envision her pouting face as she scolded me over the phone.

"Mom, I'm sorry, I've just been really busy," I explained.

"It's fine, honey, how're you doing, baby? I missed you so much," she gushed.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head in disbelief. "Mom, it has only been two days since I left," I reminded her.

"It doesn't matter," she sighed.

After chatting with my mother and my younger sister, Kira, for a while longer, I hung up and got dressed.

~~~~~

"Fuck me!" Ava exclaimed as I descended down the stairs.

Her mouth hung open in awe as I made my entrance. "You look delicious, bestie. Who are you trying to kill? You make me wish I was gay. I swear, I would love to have you as my woman."

I chuckled and slapped her arm playfully. "You like to joke around. Come on, let's go, or we'll be late. And you look stunning too, Ava."

I admired the gray handless satin gown she wore, which ended just above her thighs.

She spun dramatically with a wide grin. "Thank you. Now let's go."

Ava pulled me by the wrist, and we headed out together.

As I stepped through the threshold of the dimly lit club, I was enveloped in an intoxicating blend of alcohol and lingering perfumes. The air crackled with energy as pulsating music reverberated through the space.

Blue, red, and green LED lights cast an ethereal glow upon the scene, illuminating the dance floor that was already teeming with bodies. People swayed and grinded in a hypnotic rhythm, lost in the moment.

Ava guided me through the throng to a secluded booth tucked away in a corner. As we approached, I noticed two other girls perched on the plush cushions. Their faces were flushed, their eyes sparkling with excitement.

"Ava," said the pink-haired girl, standing up and greeting Ava with an air kiss. Her friend, with cream-colored hair in a high ponytail, wore a white off-shoulder top and biker shorts and smiled in our direction.

"Hello, Jenny," Ava said with a smile.

"I was worried you might miss this party." She commented with a sly smile, making Ava chuckle.

"Do I ever miss a party, especially one at this amazing club?" Jenny laughed, noticing me for the first time.

"And who's the damsel?"

"Everyone, this is my best friend Camila," Ava introduced. "Camila, meet my friends from Singapore, Jenny and Daisy."

I whispered a soft "hi" without making eye contact, feeling a bit self-conscious.

"You're beautiful, Camila," Daisy complimented, and I smiled, thanking them for their kind words.

"Let's enjoy the night!" Ava said, gesturing for me to take a seat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 35.2K 59
"Oh God!" I moaned pretty loud believing neighbors could hear that. "That's right Bella, I'm your God." He said in his silky but yet dominant voice...
249K 5.3K 72
Arranged marriage turned out to be all they could ever dream of and more: love, wildly burning passion that knows no bounds, beautiful children, drea...
143K 3.2K 26
A chance encounter 10 years previous has come back into Mia's life but he's not just anyone, he is the Tsar of Russian Mafia. Mia is a good girl. A g...
6.4M 264K 80
'Sometimes the DARKNESS you fear IS the LIGHT you seek' //MATURE CONTENT// A MAFIA ROMANCE Ranked: #1 bwwm #1 polyamory #1 bisexual #1 wmbw #1 blac...