Koruna

By Rygles

An Orphan has had to survive through petty crime and her wit to survive on the streets all her life, fortunat... More

The Meeting 1
The Meeting 2
Coming Home
Hazing
Getting Even
Getting Even 2
Catching up with the Past
Compromise
A Mess
Caught between both worlds
Heart Attack
Meeting Oni
Making new friends
Going Under
Lesson in history
Invisible
Baring it all
Opposites attract
Fairness in all play
Glam or Scam
Glam or Scam 2
Ghosts from the past
Blast from the past
Buzz
Negotiation
Aftermath
Undercover
Undercover 2
Confronting Demons
The elephant in the room
Not Again
Fighting Battles
The Rescue 1
The Rescue 2
Not over
Grief
One grin
New Again
Both Worlds
Playing with Fire
Playing with fire 2
Making plans 1
Making plans 2
The Compromise
Rivals
Complications
School Again
Into Two
As One
First Phase 1
First Phase 2
Faceless
Dancing with the stars
Falling Lines
Crazy Day
A stitch in time
Together
Working Hard
Paradox
Boot Camp 1
Bootcamp 2
Catching up to the past again
Blames and Shades
Choosing Battles
Friends and Enemies
Friends and Enemies 2
Outside World 1
Outside World 2
DEPRAVITY
The Urge
Making new friends
The Escape 1
The Escape 2
Daddy's girl
The Silence
Getting it Out
Home
Thoughts and Groans
Doubts and Decisions
A Start
Confronting Pasts
Standing Strong
Fighting Back
Payback is Simi
Another One
Not yet over
A spark
Hook, Line, Sinker
Full Circle
There's always another Villain
Mask Off
Mask Off 2
Another One Down
Another One Down 2
Union
Negotiation
HELL
Cutting Corners
The beginning of the end
DINNER

Psychopathic Fucker!!!

107 15 0
By Rygles

Chapter 59
Psychopathic Fucker!!!

The atmosphere was somewhere between solemn and peaceful, Bernie had an old Celine Dion song playing while Kelvin cooked with the assistance of the servants. They had invited Shola and his daughter to the house. It wasn’t a planned activity but it felt like an after party for Betsy, it was what she would have wanted, Shola thought as he watched everyone.

Mariam and Margaret seemed to be talking about something serious, Koruna was seated close to the window with a glass of wine. Shola recognized the, it was the unfinished bottle she and Betsy shared before she passed. He had thought about what he could do without Betsy, for more than half of his life he had served her and he was a bit lost without her. He sighed deeply as he swallowed the drink in his hand, his daughter shook her head and grabbed the rest of the bottle from him.

Lola and Telih were dancing slowly to the rhythm of the music, Flora and Bernie exchanged knowing looks, if one were to describe the mood of the gathering, the word would be comfortable. Shola knew that come morning everything could change when he read Betsy’s will but for the better or worse, he did not know. That was the thing about life, only the results can tell if Betsy’s decision was right or not.

“Stop looking like it’s the end of the world.” Adaora his daughter admonished. She had made it a point to avoid the Ballans, she was intimidated by them but she also didn’t want to be disrespected and so she thought that the scarcer she was, the better the relationship. They had always treated her father with respect but that can’t be said for other people. She had witnessed Annie break someone down with her mouth alone, she had seen what Bernie could do when people offended him, and Margaret was like Betsy cold. Kelvin was too mysterious and while he was the Ballan that intrigued her the most, he was also the one that scared her. Koruna was the person she had not known but her presence there made them more approachable. Like tonight, they almost look human.

She didn’t think that it could get any odder but when she saw people from the Flames mixing with the others, it was almost like a bizzare dream. She knew how they carried themselves, what could have changed them so much in four months? People only drastically change when they are about to die, is this a bad omen? She wondered. When she was younger, she couldn’t understand why her father was so loyal to Betsy. He spent almost all his time with her, she could not see the dignity in his labour. Her father could do anything he wanted, why her? She shook her head when she saw the implication of what she just thought, she giggled at that… “do her” She murmured and giggled again.

“I think you have had enough to drink.” Kelvin took the cup from her and led her to a chair.

“No…. I want more.” Adaora moaned.

Kelvin froze and looked at the girl he was holding, she looked so fragile and cute. He had never had the chance to look at her for long, she didn’t look like Shola and so he guessed she must look like her mother. When she pouted her lips, he had the need to tease her, so he picked a spoon and put the other end of it in her mouth. He chuckled at the picture, he felt someone looking at him. He turned his head in that direction to see Koruna and Flank smirking at him.

Kelvin blushed and left Adaora alone who pretended to be drunk, she was disappointed at the loss of contact but she felt good at the fact that Kelvin teased her. She removed the spoon and snuggled into the couch. Soon after, the food was served and they all ate without much discussion or quarreling. All in all, the night soothed everyone one way or another, Betsy must be satisfied Shola thought.

After the lawyer read the will to the children, there was a general pause. The person who seemed to be more shocked was Annie, “What did she mean by that?” She asked aloud.

Bernie patted her shoulders, “It’s not so bad, all you have to do is go to a business school while you take acting class before you come into your inheritance.”

“When would that happen?” I can barely make it out the school we are in, I thought I would be done once and for all with school. Does she delight in torturing me?” Annie lamented.

“Heyyyy… at least you are not in competition with an overachiever.” Margaret sighed.

“Did you just call me an Overachiever?” Koruna widened her eyes.

“Yes… You.”

“Wow.”

“Have you ever done anything half-assed before?”

“You are half-assed.” Koruna murmured. She was still in a daze from the entire reveal, Betsy had set her up again, this time she is being used as a blade to sharpen Margaret and at the same time being paid for it. She couldn’t believe that Betsy set up a fund for her, she couldn’t get angry and at the same time she couldn’t be happy at the same time.

“That bitch…” Koruna whispered.

“Did you just refer to me as a bitch?” Margaret fumed.

“No, it wasn’t you and why do you have a rod in between your ass?” Koruna frowned.

“What does that mean?”

“Why are you so angry? I didn’t make the rules, Betsy did.”

“You think this will be a walk in the park, don’t you?” Margaret smirked at Koruna.

“I honestly don’t think anything at all.” She scoffed.

“I will win, I promise you. I will win this waver and run the company with Kelvin at my side.” Margaret fumed and dragged Kelvin along with her.

“I can't be the only person here who can see what Betsy was trying to do here, am I?” Koruna asked aloud.

“Don’t we have to draw up a plan to win, my future is placed in your hands.” Bernie groaned.

“Seriously, am I?” She asked again.

“This is not happening.” Annie grunted and walked out.

“For the love of God, am I the only one who can see?” Koruna asked baffled.

“What are you talking about?” Bernie asked.

“Betsy knows I have no interests in the family business, so she’s using me to keep Margaret on her toes and that way Margaret and Kelvin gets to trust and rely on each other along the way, and Annie gets to have a second option if being a celebrity doesn’t work. You get to have the freedom to live your life by being attached to me yet with enough funds that you don’t have to suffer your entire life. Shola gets to supervise all of us as we work according to her wish, even in the grave she is still pressing all our buttons.”

“You think too much of her.” Bernie muttered and also left her in the room.

“What happened to being together?!” Koruna shouted to the air, just yesterday they were all mourning the loss and now everyone is mad at someone.

Shola came into view and sipped his coffee with a smirk, Koruna glowered at him, “What are you smiling at?”

“You, knowing everything and them knowing nothing. It’s interesting to watch.”

“I’m glad to one of us is amused. Now that we are alone, I want you to enroll me in Simi’s boot camp, we have the perfect cover. You could easily say that it was part of Betsy’s last wish to whip me into becoming an Elite because I am so rebellious. If they had anything to do with her death, they would find no reason to deny me entrance.” Koruna smiled proudly.

“No.”

“No?”

“No.”

“Why?”

“It’s dangerous, anything can happen. You would be on your own on an island and without a way to help yourself.” Shola dropped his cup and turned to get away.

“I can handle myself.”

“Like you did before when Jason kidnapped you?”

“Yes, like that. I am alive… am I not?” Koruna grinned shamelessly.

“This is not a joke Koruna, I will not put your life at risk.”

“It’s not about me and we could come up with a way that is safer. I don’t think they would kill me the moment they have me, if there is a chance for them to turn me. I think they would and if we are right, we could find all the missing puzzles. It is driving me crazy that I don’t know who did this to me, to Betsy. I know you want to know as well.”

“We will find another way. Not one that jeopardizes your safety.”

“I will find a way with or without you, is it not better if you have some measure of control?”

“Don’t try to play me Koruna.”

“I am not. I just want to know, what if they come for me again and this time you get caught in the crossfire, or Margaret, or Annie. Are we supposed to sit and watch that happen? This is the quickest and fastest way to find a direction.” Koruna groaned, she could not understand why he was so hard headed about it, she was sure that he of all people would understand.

“There are other ways Koruna.” A deep voice sounded behind her, she was chilled at the sound of the voice.

“Heyyyyyyyy, you are here; how are you here?” She grinned widely at R’ao and Oni who had been at the entrance and caught the gist of what Koruna was asking of Shola.

“Talk some sense into her, she has that look in her eyes.” Shola remarked and left hurriedly.

R’ao glared at Koruna, he could not put a name to what he was feeling at that very moment. The fact that Koruna would jump into fire despite all that had happened made his temper rise. Has she learnt nothing?! Oni had seen his glare, he did not know whether to remain there or not, he made a turn to leave when Koruna called out his name desperately.

“Oni, don’t go. Comeeee … what’s the rush? Let’s all calm down.” Koruna’s heart pounded at the way R’ao stared at her, she felt like she was caught in a wild animal’s trap and she was meat. If Oni went, she had no idea what R’ao would do, wait… R’ao wouldn’t hurt her, there was no way she thought. He cared about her deeply, he would not have it in him to cause her any kind of pain. She smiled a little in relief when she remembered that.

“Did you just smile?” R’ao growled.

Koruna straightened her face, “No, I wouldn’t dare.”

“Go.” R’ao said one word and Oni turned and left Koruna alone to face him.

“Come here.” R’ao said to her.

“No, thank you. I am fine just where I am.”

“Are you? I thought you wanted to go to an island.” R’ao’s voice dipped lower.

“Pffffffftttttttttt, that was just nonsense talk.”

“Was it?” R’ao drew closer to her and she moved backwards.

“Ye…es” She tried to run but R’ao caught her and carried her to her room. He sat and bent her over the knee, Koruna struggled and wanted to stand when she felt a loud smack on her buttocks.
She was too stunned to talk, she had never been spanked her entire life. It wasn’t something she ever thought she would experience, while she was reeling from the first hit another one came and she winced.

“Did… Are… what is happening?” Koruna let out a loud breath.

R’ao spanked her again with his palm and she gasped out loud, “Wait … a sec…”
He massaged her bum and Koruna shuddered at the friction, “Please wait, let’s talk about…” Koruna said and R’ao spanked her again.

She cussed out loud, “You psychopathic fucker!”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

268 0 123
Whats a girl to do when the world is against her. She keeps her damn head high and takes life as it comes. Her dad kicks her out because of her siste...
1.1K 202 27
**Summary:** The story follows a spoiled teenage boy named Kai who attends a prestigious high school. he's used to getting everything he wants and is...
6.9K 108 12
**READ PLEASE**A teenage all round beautiful female has trouble trying to adapt to her boyfriends family.. which she thought was perfect. However as...
244K 4K 36
{completed} They say opposites attract, the good girl + the bad boy. The grumpy + sunshine. She's intrigued by his eyes, maybe it's because they sha...