Mad Sounds, Alex Turner

By sweetadoring

'AM' based story More

MAD SOUNDS
ONE
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
EPILOGUE
EXTRA

TWO

6.3K 151 237
By sweetadoring

Olivia had gotten an extended invite from Breana and Katie to join them (and the band) again the next night. They were going to some club, Olivia vaguely remembers them saying it was named after an animal - zebra, maybe? - and she had immediately agreed.

She was someone who enjoyed going out - the whole ritual of doing your makeup, picking out an outfit and talking to people all night without much thought about what you're saying. Though, the fact she was tipsy may have had a part to play in her accepting so quickly. They exchanged numbers at Lucy's birthday party and the next day she received a text from Breana with an address attached (as well as 'it was super nice meeting you yesterday').

She wore something a little less distracting this time ; she chose a simple black long sleeve dress with matching black knee high socks (it was January and she wasn't about to go out bare legged). Throwing on a simple black blazer coat she left the house and caught a taxi to the address.

As she arrived and exited the taxi she saw that Alex was stood outside, his leather jacket on - the collar popped up around his neck. What a poser, she thought.

Whilst she didn't agree to come to to see Alex, she really did want to see Katie and Breana again, she had hoped that he'd be there. The conversation that they had last night, and the unresolved tension between them, was playing on her mind.

She had thought, that maybe if he was here tonight, he might be in a nicer mood - or that it would at least give her the opportunity to change his opinion of her (which from her perspective wasn't good).

He was already looking at her as she sent a small smile towards him. She began to walk over but as soon as he saw her approaching he called over to her, "They're all inside already, I'll meet you in there."

She rolled her eyes but nodded anyway. She began to walk over to the doorway but as she began to enter the bouncer stopped her, sticking his arm out to block the entrance, "It's guest list only, if your not on here." He says tapping his clipboard, "your not getting in."

Alex heard this and curiously watched from his spot, leaning against the wall of the club. He knew that she'd be able to get in without being invited, she could talk her way into access - one flash of her smile and he wouldn't be able to turn her away. She was someone who didn't need to be invited, she could get in on looks alone.

However the temptation to let everyone know that she was with him was to much to resist, "She's with me." He told the bouncer and, after a quick discussion, Alex nodded his head for her to follow him.

Olivia followed him as he walked ahead of her, "You didn't have to do that." She hadn't even gotten a chance to try and get in before Alex swooped in and she didn't want him to feel like he had done her a favour - she knew that he'd constantly bring it up as 'that one time that he did something nice'. She wanted to make sure he knew that she didn't need his help.

He turned around, both of them were now stood in the entrance hallway, people were walking past them in and out, as told her, "I didn't want to be stood around all night waiting for you to get in, it was just quicker if I handled it."

Olivia rolled her eyes at his attitude, "You could just admit that you were doing something nice, you know?" She teased with a smug smile.

He scoffed, "It's wasn't nice, it was convenient."

She shrugged and smiled at him, "Well, thank you anyway." She knew that if she had gotten annoyed at him, which she was, that it would just give him a reason to hate her. By being nice it would either make him feel guilty or give him no option but to at least be civil with she. Kill them with kindness, as they say.

"Whatever, let's go. They've all fucked off anyway." He muttered as he lead her inside, Olivia following as she tried not to get caught by the people surrounding them.

It was extremely crowded, the dark venue and flashing lights not making it any easier for her to stay close to Alex, as she tried her best to follow him. Alex seemed to already know where they were sat, she assumed that he had entered with them before leaving for a smoke, so he navigated his way through the crowd easily and effortlessly.

"Slow down." Olivia shouted over his shoulder as she struggled to keep up whilst trying not to bump into the dancing crowd they were walking through.

"Or you should just hurry up." He shouted back though, as he glanced over his shoulder at her, he saw that she was getting knocked into. He rolled his eyes before pushing her infront of him, guiding her by wrapping his hand around her waist. "Just can't make anything simple, can ya?" He muttered, though, Olivia still heard him due to the fact they were now side by side and she laughed at how annoyed he was.

"You're so dramatic." She said to him and he just shook his head at her in response - though she swore she saw a slight smirk on his face.

The band, as well as Katie and Breana, were all the way in the far corner where it was quieter and the could actually talk instead of having to shout over the obnoxious dance music. She was immediately greeted with hugs and 'hello's. Katie and Breana quickly made her sit next to them as they began to talk about how great Olivia looked.

Alex had already left.

Olivia assumed that he had either left or went back outside for a another cigarette - she was surprised when he returned, placing a drink in front of her without a word. She wasn't sure how he even knew what she wanted but as she took a sip she was greeted by the usual vodka coke that she always ordered - it had become her go-to order since she was 16 and sneaking alcohol from her parents.

She tried to thank him but he didn't even look at her as he sat down in the seat furthest away from her, next to Jamie.

Katie then began to talk about what tv shows they were all watching at the moment and Olivia looked away from Alex as she began to say she didn't really watch T.V - she had always been way more into movies. Katie and Breana looked shocked and Olivia laughed as she began to explain. "I'll watch tv when I visit my parents but I'd much rather sit and watch a movie, TV shows just feel like they last forever and get worse with time."

"Fair enough, but I'll always have a guilty pleasure for reality tv." Katie said causing Olivia to laughed.

They eventually went on to cover their jobs, hobbies and fashion trend that they hated (with a strong disliking towards UGG boots which seemed the be the current craze).

They were now on the topic of relationships. Katie and Breana talked about their few past relationships as well as their current ones with Matt and Jamie and then it was Olivia's turn. "I guess I've never really been in a relationship before."

"What! You've got to be joking!" Katie squealed a hand coming to clasp over her mouth as Breana looked at her with a similar shocked face.

Katie's outburst seemed to attract the attention of the rest of the group as Matt asked, "What's so shocking that you had to scream?"

"Nothing just girl talk." Breana told him.

"Oh come on! You've got to tell us now." He said with pleading eyes.

Breana looked at Olivia for permission and Olivia just shrugged her shoulders - it wasn't a secret and she didn't know why it was such shocking news. She wasn't bothered by any of the others knowing so she silently gave Breana permission. "Olivia has never had a boyfriend before!" She said to him, like it was scandalous.

"Seriously, never?" Jamie asked looking just as shocked as his girlfriend.

Olivia just shrugged not looking embarrassed at all, more just confused, "No, guess it just isn't for me." She then looked over at Alex who was looking at her curiously before she turned back to Jamie, "I guess I did technically date this kid named Frank in like primary school for a week . . . but I'm not sure if that counts."

Alex hated to admit how much this information intrigued him and when she looked over at him it was almost as if she was challenging him - teasing him.

It was confusing as to how someone, not only as beautiful, but as alluring and captivating as Olivia hadn't had a boyfriend before. She must just turn down everyone who asked because it would be unbelievable to him to accept that she had never been asked and the fact she was so unattainable just made him want her more.

Eventually the conversation had moved on but Alex was still caught up on it. Looking over at Olivia for most of the night, even when she was deep into conversation with Katie and Breana and even when Matt, Jamie and Nick were talking to him.

He was struggling to chose between his head and his heart.

His head was telling him that Olivia would break his heart and he couldn't go through that again. However, his heart was filled with a desire to be with Olivia or to at least try.

He had only known her a day but knowing that he swore of dating only made him want her more. It was terrible timing. Maybe if he had met her later down the line they would have had more of a chance. Though, even he had to admit there was no reason for him to be quite so harsh to her when it clearly wasn't going to get her to disappear - it didn't seem to affect her at all and as long as Katie and Breana wanted her around she was staying.

It was now 3 in the morning and everyone was getting tired. Matt, Breana and Nick had already left. Olivia was still talking to Katie when Jamie came over, "Can I borrow this lovely, lovely lady for a dance?" He slurred and it was clear that he was drunk, he had a lopsided grin on as he held out his hand out for Katie.

"Of course you can." Olivia said with a smile at the couple.

It was moments like these (especially with just being reminded of how she has never had a relationship) where she was slightly envious of people in love. Jamie pulled Katie up and they rushed off to the dance floor - most people had left but it still had enough people bunched together for the two to get lost in the crowd.

Olivia looked around and this was when she realised that everyone else had gone home and it was only her and Alex remaining. He looked conflicted, his eyebrows furrowed as he looked down at the drink in his hand - deep in thought. She went over and sat down next to him.

"Are you gonna leave soon?" She asked, not even as an attempt to make small talk or as a part of a her plan to get him to stop being a dick to her but because she was actually curious.

"Yeah, probably." He said then he looked at her and asked, "Where abouts do ya' live?" Olivia noticed that he was a lot nicer when he was drunk and tired - or maybe he had just had a change of heart in the past hour.

"Newton street." She told him and he nodded.

"It's far, isn't it?" He asked.

Olivia shook her head, "Not really, only about . . ." She quickly calculated it in her head before answering in slight uncertainty, "A 20 minute walk? Even quicker if I get a taxi." It didn't go unnoticed to her that this wasn't only the longest but also the most civilised conversation that they had ever had.

Alex tapped his finger on the table, looking deep in thought, before he downed the last of his drink. "I'll walk with you if ya want?" He said and Olivia had to force herself not to drop her mouth open in shock.

"Your choosing to spend time with me. Are you sure you're feeling alright? I mean, how much have you had to drink?" She joked with a laugh and to her surprise he also smiled - she could get used to this change.

He chuckled, "Piss off al'right. I just saw how useless you were trying to get into this place, I don't wanna be responsible for whatever happens to you on the way back."

"I can't believe that you just made a joke, who knew that you had a sense of humour." She teased with a shocked gasp.

He stood up and grabbed her coat handing it over to her as he said, "Come on, put your coat on and we'll go, Katie and Jamie are probably off in some corner snogging."

The streets were mostly empty, apart from the few stragglers of the night as well as some people who had their hands against buildings as they threw up. Olivia walked next to Alex with her hands deep in her coat pockets whilst his were shoved into his leather jacket.

They walked in silence, which surprisingly wasn't uncomfortable, before Olivia asked, "So you're from Sheffield right?"

Alex nodded, "Yeah and I'm guessing you're from London."

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"Yer posh as fuck."

Olivia laughed throwing her head back a little. Alex looked over at her with a small smile at making her laugh that much. Once she had finished she said, "Well at least I have manners, why do you hate me so much anyway?"

Alex shrugged with a small grin, "I never said that I hated you."

Olivia had to resist rolling her eyes, if he didn't hate her then he had a weird way of showing it. "Why do you act like you hate me then?" She corrected.

He shrugged again, "Guess I just don't like talking to new people is'all."

"Well, I'm so sorry for making your life such a misery, I mean talking to someone, I couldn't imagine the turmoil that would cause." She mocked.

He laughed and Olivia grinned, she much preferred this version of Alex. "Fuck off, I just wasn't in the mood to get to know ya."

"Yeah I guessed that much. You seem in a better mood now, does that mean you might actually stop being a prick?"

"Never."

Olivia dropped her head, looking down at the grey pavement which was still shiny with rain and had wet fallen autumn leaves smushed against the edges, she shook her head with a laugh.

They turned the corner and she pointed at the apartment building once they had gotten to the doorway. "Well this is me, Goodnight." He nodded at her already turning to leave and make his way to his house.

She put her key into the red door, opening it slightly before she turned around, "Oh, Alex!" She called and he turned around, "You look like a twat wearing sunglasses at night." She then slipped inside looking through the peep hole once the door shut to see Alex laughing before he shook his head and turned away again. She smiled to herself before turning around and taking her coat off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 105 29
"ᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴜᴘ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ." ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚★⋆。˚ ⋆ ┊ ┊ ┊ ⋆ ┊ ┊ ★⋆ ┊...
7.3K 60 20
Please remember to comment and vote. Please read 'Info' before reading the rest. 29823 words😋
142K 3.1K 38
"I want to change your mind." "Alex... You're drunk." "But my thoughts are sober." You just broke up with your ex boyfriend, and Alex is there to com...
7.6K 201 13
Sheffield, 2005 6 months in the family of a future rockstar - dream or nightmare?