All Roads Lead to You (Trafal...

By Chaapanya

You've been with your boyfriend, Trafalgar Law, for two peaceful years. Med school is going well for him and... More

Day Off
Another Year of You
Silence and Motion
The Hoodie
His First Happiness
Over the Spider Lilies
White Rabbit
One Man Army
Long Fall
Mugiwara
Freedom's Call
Clipping His Wings

+1-518-555-0182

329 21 12
By Chaapanya

Law's POV

It had been a couple days since returning home from Sengoku's and Law had returned to his usual classes. Thanksgiving break would be arriving soon and Law had the urge to take (Y/n) somewhere. He'd been saving up quite a bit from tutoring and could afford a small trip now. This was good; he got the fleeting suspicion that every time they traveled, it threw off any potential risks. It never lasted long, but it was better than nothing.

Law entered the house after arriving back from school and went to call that he was home, but stopped. Had the door been locked? He knew he'd locked the door before heading to class early this morning; he'd checked it twice. If (Y/n) had gone out, she would have locked it behind her. She hadn't texted him all day either, something she promised she'd do if she went out again. No, something was off.

Someone was in the house.

Narrowing his eyes, Law stepped into the house with silent footsteps and slid the door shut behind him with a soft click. He left his bag in the walkway after pulling something from it and slipping it into his hoodie pocket. The bag would trip whoever ran this way haphazardly; escape was not going to be simple for whoever it was. The only sound that came from him was the gentle snap of his pocket knife flipping open. The house was very quiet, as if all the foundation itself held its breath for what was anticipated to come.

Steel gray eyes had turned a sharp gleaming silver, calculating and almost predatorial. Controlled, hushed breathing and careful steps as he advanced down the hall. Old habits die hard and although it'd been years since the last time, his body moved in a way that it had grown up learning. He knew this house. Two years was plenty of time for him to learn where every creak in the floorboards was, every blind spot, every hiding place. Whoever had broken in just essentially walked into a house of glass against Law.

He paused next to the first door in the hallway, eyes flicking down. The doorknob had a very slight coat of dust on it. Not here, he wouldn't bother. The next further down had been left ajar; there were smudged fingerprints on the golden handle. He stopped and listened. Nothing, just the sound of dust moving through the air. Down the hall he continued, slow moving like the shadows with the evening sun. He couldn't rush this.

The kitchen and living room were both clear. He paused very briefly when he noticed a white card on the floor of the kitchen, behind the island. It would have to wait. He carried on, knife drawn and ready. The only two places left to check were the bedroom and basement. Silver eyes glinted; for their sake, he hoped it wasn't the basement. (Y/n) was still missing and if any harm had come to her...

Law stopped in front of the bedroom. The door was half open and a light spilled out. Carefully, he listened. The sound of faint shuffling could be heard along with soft breathing. Closer, listen closer. He closed his eyes and concentrated. The breathing had a slight off murmur to it and the movements were just a touch erratic. Not (Y/n). He knew the pattern of her breathing too well, knew how she moved. Whoever this was, was about to desperately wish they'd never broken in.

The sound of movement was coming from the walk in closet. Law pushed the bedroom door open, stopping just before the point where it creaked. A woman with a slender build and wild green hair was rooting through the closet. Law's eyes narrowed and he set his jaw; she was vaguely familiar. Moving silently across the carpet was much easier and soon he was standing right behind her. If she'd turned around and seen him looming there with the expression he had now, she would have fainted from fright. She might faint anyway.

A sudden shriek erupted from the woman as Law grabbed her, but it was cut off when he covered her mouth and dug the tip of his knife into her neck.

"If you struggle or try to elbow me, you will die. My knife is poised directly over your artery, if I flick my wrist slightly you will bleed out within about three minutes. We both know help won't arrive for you fast enough and I'd rather not stain the carpet." Law growled. His eyes were as cold as chips of ice and he moved his hand off her mouth. "I suggest you start talking."

The woman's golden eyes were wide, but she still managed to find a smirk. "You handle your women awfully rough, don't you?"

Law dug the knife in a touch harder causing a small bead of blood to roll down her collar. She winced but didn't dare try to escape. "Name. Now."

"Monet."

"What are you doing in my house?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?"

"Would you prefer I snap your neck in two parts or three?"

Monte swallowed. She had been warned that Law almost had a split personality he could switch between; warm and inviting and then ice cold and malicious. "I'm searching for something."

"What would that be?"

"Proof you live here. I guess you brought it for me."

Law's eyes narrowed. "Where is (Y/n)?"

"I don't know who that is."

Law was not willing to play mind games when it came to (Y/n). He pulled a syringe from his pocket quickly and pressed the needle into Monet's neck. "I'm going to explain how this is going to work just once. You're going to tell me everything you know covering the past 24 hours up to this exact moment."

"And if I don't?"

"I'm injecting this syringe of cyanide into your system and leaving your body to the cleaners. You're probably unaware, but death from this chemical is one of the most painful ways to go. It can take up to thirty minutes through injection as it robs you of oxygen flow."

"She'll be dead by then."

"Where. Is. She?" Law hissed.

Monet shivered, knife on one side, syringe on the other. Too many ways to die made her heart pound in fear. "Vergo has her. I'm sure you know where. The place hasn't changed from when you last experienced it."

Law grit his teeth and a knot formed in his stomach. "When?! When did he take her?!"

The knife pressed in a little further and Monet flinched. "An hour ago. Maybe two. I lost track of time, truly. How else do you think you caught me so unprepared?"

"Is that all?"

"What else could I possibly know? Doflamingo is searching for you and he'll use (Y/n) to find you. Whether Vergo tortures the information out of her or you show up on your own, he'll find you."

"And when he does, I'll kill him myself." Law snapped and suddenly elbowed her in the back of the head.

Monet gasped and then fell to the floor, unmoving. Law wasted no time. He immediately pulled his phone out and swiped to call one of his contacts as he stepped into the walk in closet. He felt around on the ceiling for the hatch as the other end picked up.

"Trafalgar. For what do I owe the pleasure?"

"They have her."

Isha's voice went from butter smooth to a tense exclamation. "When?! Who?!"

"Vergo got her about an hour or two ago. I just caught Monet in the house and pulled the information from her." Law spoke quickly and concisely. He pulled down the hatch and ladder and climbed up inside, waving the dust out of his face. He hadn't been up here in two years.

"Fuck! Is Monet dead?"

"No, I left her alive. Scared the shit out of her with a syringe filled with water."

"Good. That's an executive, if you killed her the bird was gunna pop his cap."

Law walked to the back of the small space and glared down at the object he'd wanted to put away for good. A long nodachi with a black scabbard and fur lined tsuba. "I don't care. I'm going after her."

A slight tinge of panic entered Isha's voice. "Law, you're walking into a death trap. They want you to go after her. Let me talk to the Boss, we might be able to negot-"

"I'm not waiting." Law snapped and took hold of the sword. He checked the blade. Still razor sharp. Its edge gleamed back at him; it had missed its master's hand. He couldn't waste any more time, leaving and closing the hatch behind him. "Vergo will not go easy on her. He wasn't willing to go easy on a nine year old, he'll have no sympathy for her."

"Law! This is rash! If you charge in, you're going to die!"

"I'm not gunna lose her like I did Cora-san!" Law shouted back. He stopped in the kitchen to catch his breath and resettle his thoughts. "If I abandon her, I'll never..." He trailed off, noticing the card on the floor. Stooping down to pick it up, he flipped it over. It had the phone number of the emergency contact on it. She must have called it...

"Hello?" Isha sounded nervous. "Law?"

"Change of plans." Law said, his voice returning to its usual calm and collected tone. "I need someone to come take care of Monet. Get rid of her, I don't care how, she just can't stay in the house. I'll leave her outside and then I'm packing a few things and leaving. If you don't hear from me in two days, I'm dead. Otherwise, just wait and I'll explain later."

"You're still going after her?"

"No, someone else is already on that. I'd trust them with my life, they won't fail her."

~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/n)'s POV

You'd been tied down to this chair and blindfolded for a while now. The ropes had already rubbed your wrists and ankles raw and were starting to hurt to a point that you couldn't ignore. The blindfold had cut off one of your most depended on senses which only emboldened your hearing and touch. You couldn't see, but the air around you felt closed off and kind of small. You could smell the metallic scent of blood and it made you shiver. Maybe it was shock or maybe it was the adrenaline still pumping through your body from the last 'session', as he'd called it. Regardless, you were hyper alert and strangely calm. You'd gone full circle in your fear.

It had been a peaceful, average day like any of the others. Law had gone off to class and left you with a kiss and you stayed home to try and write again. Of course you procrastinated and did laundry first. And then you made lunch and watched a little TV. It was close to 2PM when you finally sat down to write. You'd been in the middle of typing out a rough skeleton for a potential story when you heard the front door unlock. A surge of joy rushed through you as you thought Law had come home early to surprise you, but no. The shadow in front of the door was unrecognizable and too bulky to be Law.

In your panic, the only smart thing you'd managed to do was call the number Law had given you while you hid behind the kitchen island. Just as you thought you'd heard someone pick up, you had to hide your phone and screamed. It was the same man that had come to ask you about the pictures, now standing in your kitchen and grabbing you. He'd knocked you out shortly after and by the time you woke up, you were already tied up. You weren't sure where your phone was now, but that was the least of your concerns. Why didn't you text Law?! Why didn't you hide in the closet or the basement?!

'He would have found me anyway.' You thought, recalling the questions the man had asked you the first time. Your legs still hurt from it. This man was a different kind of persistent.

Your body quivered as you heard footsteps approaching. They stopped in front of the door and swung it open, striding inside with confidence. The door closed and after a moment, your vision was finally returned to you. The photo guy stood in front of you, a piece of lettuce stuck to the side of his face. It would have been rather funny had you not known the cruelty he was capable of.

"I think it's time you and I get on a little better terms." The man said and clasped his hands behind his back. "My name is Vergo. You will refer to me as Vergo-san or Sir."

You didn't say anything. If you didn't say anything, he wouldn't have reason to get more aggressive, right? Oh how you prayed you were right.

"You're here now because I have some new questions for you. You refused to answer them last time, so I thought now that we've given you a little time to settle, you could try again." Vergo cleared his throat and stared down his nose at you, still unaware of the piece of lettuce. "Where is Shachi and Penguin?"

You narrowed your eyes. "I told you, I don't know who that is."

Vergo watched you carefully. There was the tiniest flicker at the corners of his mouth. "Very well. Then I'll ask my next question. Where is Law?"

Your stomach twisted. He was probably just getting home now or at least driving home. But you weren't about to say that. Your love for Law eclipsed your current terror. You didn't know what they wanted from him, but you weren't about to sell him out to these monsters.

"You will want to answer me. You won't like the consequences otherwise." Warned Vergo.

"I don't know."

There was a rumbling hum that came out of him and then he suddenly reached back and hit you. His punch connected with your ribs and you swear you felt something break. You coughed and wheezed, desperately trying to suck back in the air that was knocked out of you.

"That's Vergo-san or Sir. Remember next time." Vergo said, holding your head to stare at him by your hair. "Where is Law?"

"What do you want with him?" You gasped.

"That's not your greatest concern right now."

"Then I'm not telling you."

Vergo turned and curled his fingers around one of the sharp, shiny blades on the table. Your breath caught in your throat at the sight of it and you couldn't stop shaking. "Again. Where is Law?"

All you could muster was a tiny whimper. It did nothing to ease the suffering you were about to endure.

Vergo slashed the knife over your legs, leaving a moderately deep cut. You screamed, your body quaking from pain and terror.

"Where is Law?!"

"I don't know!"

He hit you again. Tears spilled from your eyes.

"Where?!"

"I don't know!"

Another slash, this time at your arms. Blood dripped to the floor and you sobbed. You could stop this at any time. Just tell him Law is home and it would all be over. But your brain couldn't seem to switch off the defiant attitude. Even if you were in agony and scared out of your mind, you were too stubborn. It was something you'd gotten from your father, your need to be stubborn in the face of danger. And even if you did tell him, there was no guarantee he wouldn't kill you after.

Vergo hovered the knife over your chest. "If I stab you here, it won't kill you. But it will hurt. A lot. Tell me where that miserable runt is hiding."

You trembled. Tears rolled down your cheeks and the world teetered. You were nearing your breaking point. You noticed movement behind Vergo as the door opened. A man had creeped in that looked awfully familiar. A puffy dark blue orca hat sat atop a head of red hair and a pair of sunglasses concealed his eyes. Vergo hadn't seemed to notice, but something told you that if he did, your chance of survival would plummet.

"I told you." You wheezed and managed to pull all of your courage together to glare at the vicious monster before you. "I don't know, Vergo."

The scowl that appeared on his face was enough to nearly make your heart stop. You could feel the rage radiating off him. He tossed the knife aside and reached back, getting ready to punch you with his full strength. You could only flinch away and whimper in terror.

"A goodnight kiss for the posh prince!" The redhead suddenly spoke and jabbed a syringe into Vergo's neck.

"You!" Vergo grunted and turned his full attention on the shorter man.

The redhead nimbly dodged the retaliation, watching the drug take effect right away and throw Vergo off balance. He twirled a short steel pipe in his hand and a twisted smile pulled at the corners of his mouth as he drew it back.

"Sorry man, but we fight dirty in the slums." The sunglasses slipped down his nose, adding wide fiery amber eyes to his deranged smile. "Give my regards to the devil." He giggled and then swung.

The sound that resonated from that point will linger with you forever. The steel pipe connected with Vergo's head and made a clanging sound, followed by a squishy sound as the flesh and bone gave way to steel. Blood spurted outward, several drops of it landing on the redhead's face which only added to the terrifying smile he held. You couldn't help but yelp in fear as Vergo's still body dropped to the floor. Your heart raced out of control as the redhead now turned to you, pulling a knife from his belt.

"Sorry it took so long, Miss!" He said cheerfully and quickly cut your ropes. The sound of gunfire opened up behind him and he glanced back. "Looks like no time for introductions! You'll be coming with me now!"

The redhead picked you up and tossed you over his shoulder, running back out the door and through what looked like an old factory. The gunfire was loud here; it echoed around the inside of the building and was seasoned with the sounds of shouts. The man didn't stop for a second, your weight only slowing him down a touch. He skidded into the alleyway through a side door and sprinted to the car that had just pulled up, pulling the door open and tossing you inside before diving in himself.

"Go, go, go!" The redhead exclaimed at the driver in excitement.

In the front sat another man, seemingly taller than the redhead. He wore the same black boiler suit as his companion and a black and white trapper hat that read 'Penguin' on the front. His hair and eyes were covered by his hat, hiding a vast majority of his expression, but he gave off an air of intimidation. Now that you had a half second to look at the two, you noticed they both had the same tribal tattoos on their arms that Law did.

"I'm going! Quit pestering!" The penguin cap said and hit the gas. The car took off, tires screeching, just as another car showed up from behind.

"We got trouble, man!" The redhead said, looking out the back window.

"Because you alerted the whole place, you idiot!" Snapped the penguin cap.

"It was an acci- Get down!" The redhead gasped and grabbed you, pulling you down as the back window shattered from whizzing bullets. "Holy shit! That was close!"

"SHACHI!" The penguin cap roared as he drove. "Shoot the damn tires or toss yourself at them! I don't care which, just get them OFF US!"

The redhead, Shachi, gave you a wild grin. "Pardon me, Miss."

He giggled and then reached around you, grabbing a handgun from the floor of the car. He sat back up and took aim, firing off a few rounds. You didn't dare look up in fear of getting hit by a stray bullet, but the sound of screeching tires and then a loud crash went off behind you. The only sound that remained was of the engine as the penguin cap continued to speed down the road.

Shachi sighed and slumped down in his seat. "Man, that was close. Nice driving, Peng!" The penguin cap grunted his response leaving the redhead to turn back to you. "Glad I got to you when I did. That last hit would have definitely knocked something loose. It's a pleasure to finally meet you though, Miss! My name's Shachi and the bashful guy in front is Penguin!"

"Shachi! Mind your tongue, would you? She's probably badly shaken up. She could've..." Penguin trailed off. You could see a deep frown on his face through the rear view mirror.

"Nah she's totally fine! You shoulda heard how she provoked Vergo! Super helpful, that was, though you definitely could've died!"

The world suddenly spun around you faster at his words. Now that the adrenaline was wearing off, the pain from your still bleeding wounds and your terror was coming down on you with a crushing force. The redhead continued to smile at you with a wild and twisted expression, crimson red sprayed across the surface of his pale skin. He terrified the living daylights out of you. You blinked at him, brows knitting together in an overwhelming expression, and then collapsed.

"M-Miss?! Shit! Peng, I think she fainted!"

"I told you to be gentle!"

"I was trying! What do we do?!"

"We?! You try to stop her bleeding. I'm driving us back. Be careful with her. If anything more happens to her, Law is gunna have us gutted for sure!"

~A/N~

While I don't normally like to break too far away from character personalities, for Shachi and Penguin I really want to try something a little more serious for them. They are often portrayed as goofy and clumsy in other stories and art, but for this tale, I love the idea of them being just as skilled and competent, if not just a touch less, than Law himself.

Disclaimer: The phone number listed for this chapter is, obviously, fake.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70K 1.8K 36
(Y/N) happens to come across a little blonde-haired boy. She adopts the little boy, who calls himself Cora-san. After treating Luffy's wounds from th...
3.5K 113 15
π‘‡π˜©π‘’ π‘π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘›π‘π‘’π‘ π‘  π‘œπ‘“ π‘‡π‘Žπ‘›π‘Žπ‘‘π‘Ž π‘‡π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘“π‘Žπ‘™π‘”π‘Žπ‘Ÿ 𝐷. π‘Šπ‘Žπ‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ πΏπ‘Žπ‘€ ✘ ♀ π‘…π‘’π‘Žπ‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ Description (Spoiler ahead!): You are a young wom...
1.3K 26 17
You're the daughter of Don Quixote Doflamingo, who grew up with the pirate known as Trafalgar Law. You two were great childhood friends, and you help...
3.9K 67 13
The photo goes to all the rightful owners! -You lost your crew but Law was there to save you and helped you recover. You finally met Law once again...