I Transmigrated As A Villain'...

Oleh GirlUnderSun

Song Ci transmigrated into a book as a cannon fodder supporting female character with a burden, also known as... Lebih Banyak

Details
1-10
11-20
21-30
31-40
41-50
51-60
61-70
71-80
81-90
91-100
101-110
111-120
121-130
141-150
151-160
161-170
171-180
181-190
191-200
201-210
211-220
221-230
231-240
241-250
251-260
261-270
271-280
281-290
291-300
301-310

131-140

2.6K 63 3
Oleh GirlUnderSun

Chapter 131: Will Not Have Biological Children

Once Song He had finished teaching Song Peihan a lesson, he anxiously called Song Ci and asked her to console Lu Gan.

Song Ci asked, "Really? She was joking? Then why didn't she say so?"

Song He quickly answered, "She was definitely joking. Besides, you're my biological daughter. I love you the most. There's no way I'll abandon you..."

Song Ci sneered but pretended to sound upset, "I need to calm down. Dad, please don't call me for the next few days."

After saying that, she hung up the phone.

Song He was furious and he threw his phone again. Then, he cursed at Song Peihan loudly.

"I really want to keep beating her!"

Pang Xiaohui comforted Song He for a long time before he finally went to rest.

Subsequently, she went to comfort her precious daughter.

Song Peihan was throwing a tantrum in her room. Upon seeing her mother, she instantly shed tears of grievance.

"How could my father do such a thing? He picked Song Ci over me! Mom, that b*tch was the one who bullied me!"

Pang Xiaohui sighed.

"Silly child, you still don't get it? You have to endure Song Ci's treatment for now. Your father isn't siding with Song Ci. In fact, he's trying to help you! Why did you provoke her? We needed to secure our future by building a good relationship with Lu Gan."

Song Peihan was puzzled.

"But Lu Gan had already left the Lu Corporation. What else does he have? Why do we have to be so humble?"

"Are you really that stupid? Even I feel like scolding you now! Lu Hongyong only had two sons, Lu Gan and Lu Heng. The latter is dead. Who do you think is going to inherit Lu Hongyong's assets? Sooner or later, Lu Gan will take over the Lu Corporation. That's why you shouldn't provoke Song Ci! She has Lu Gan's favor!

Pang Xiaohui said with a disapproving expression.

Those words infuriated Song Peihan even more.

"I didn't let her marry Lu Gan so she could step on my head!"

"My beloved daughter, just bear with it for now! Stop being so stupid! The money your father gets from the Lu family will be yours in the future! Moreover, he had already invested 100 million into this matter. We can't let it go to waste!"

Song Peihan was still unhappy. Her parents' plan may change the Song family forever, but she would never bow down to Song Ci.

Before Song Ci married Lu Gan, she was not even allowed to step foot into the Song family. Now, she was regarded as an important guest? There was no way Song Peihan would tolerate it!

"Song Ci was and always will be below me! If I knew this would happen, I'd never have let her marry Lu Gan!"

"What's the point of saying all this now? You're the one who was unwilling at first! Anyway, don't think too much about it. As the Song family's daughter, your future is bright. Song Ci may act high and mighty earlier, but she's definitely suffering behind closed doors. No matter what, her husband is still a cripple. Things won't be easy. Moreover, she had to look after two children. There's no way she would have time for anything. She can't go shopping or get beauty treatments. She's nothing compared to you. In the end, you're the one who will benefit the most from Lu Gan and Song Ci's relationship. There's no reason for you to be angry."

Those words finally cheered up Song Peihan! She totally forgot that Lu Gan was looking after a child. Song Ci also had a little brother. Taking care of two children was a waste of youth. If Song Ci ever wanted her own kids in the future, it would most likely be impossible due to Lu Gan's condition!

Additionally, Song Peihan had seen Song Ci's past interactions with Song Yujin. Song Ci obviously hated him. Song Peihan could only imagine her sister's agony. How wonderful!

Chapter 132: The Debt Should Be Paid

Song Yujin and Lu Suo were taking a bath in the bathtub. Tonight, they were going to sleep with Song Ci and Lu Gan again.

Lu Suo blew a small bubble at Song Yujin and it landed on the latter's face.

'This is fun.'

Lu Suo smiled and continued to blow bubbles at Song Yujin. It was his first time taking a bath with another person, so he could not help but goof off.

Song Yujin felt helpless and also a little displeased. Lu Suo was being really childish!Regardless, he did not stop him.

Lu Suo noticed the displeasure in Song Yujin's eyes. Instead of stopping, he kept blowing more bubbles! Why did Song Yujin have to be such a party pooper?

Song Yujin calmly rinsed off the bubbles with water. Just as he was about to use some shower gel, Song Ci entered the bathroom. She helped Lu Suo scrub his body and was about to do the same for Song Yujin. However, when she saw Song Yujin using the shower gel by himself, she smiled and said, "You can shower by yourself, right?"

Song Yujin nodded.

"Yes."

Lu Suo did not want to be outdone.

"I can shower by myself too!"

"Oh."

Lu Suo was unhappy with Song Yujin's apathetic response. He raised his eyebrows and asked, "You don't believe me?"

Song Yujin replied calmly, "I do. This matter isn't difficult and you're not an idiot."

Lu Suo did not feel like talking to him anymore. Song Yujin really knew how to push his buttons! He wanted to splash water on him!

Song Ci dried Lu Suo before carrying him out. She did the same for Song Yujin.

Lu Suo changed into his pajamas. When he saw Song Yujin coming over, he could not help but snort angrily.

"Yujin, put on your pajamas by yourself. I'll go and inform your brother-in-law that we'll be sleeping together tonight."

Song Ci said as she patted Song Yujin's head.

Lu Gan tried not to move too much around the children. He did not want them to see the condition of his legs either.

Song Ci noticed this, so she would always ensure he had time to set up and prepare.

It was a happy night for the family of four.

The subsequent days passed peacefully.

Finally, it was almost time for Song Ci to start filming.

Yang Haoran sent Song Ci the hotel's address. Then, he arranged for someone to pick her up.

[ Yang Haoran: By the way, how are things coming along? ]

[ Song Ci: I've finished reading the script. ]

[ Yang Haoran: That's good. Once you've met the production crew, they'll hand you the rest of it. For now, just try to familiarize yourself with the plot. It's best if you can memorize the lines. ]

[ Song Ci: I've already memorized them. ]

Yang Haoran was shocked to read that message! This woman was really different from David's description!

[ Yang Haoran: You did well! ]

[ Song Ci: Thank you. There's nothing to worry about. I'm prepared. ]

Song Ci was more sensible than he had imagined!

[ Yang Haoran: Alright. See you tomorrow. ]

Song Ci put down her phone. There was still another unresolved matter. Lu Gan owed her something. After taking a shower, she purposely asked him to help with drying her hair.

Lu Gan did not refuse and was very compliant.

Song Ci gave him a sweet and warm smile.

However, Lu Gan could sense that something was off.

"Why are you looking at me like that? Is there something wrong?"

Song Ci said innocently, "I just want to collect my debt!"

She placed her hands on Lu Gan's shoulder and teased, "You know what I mean, right?"

Lu Gan was puzzled.

"Huh? Since when did I owe you anything?"

"How could you forget? It's such an important matter... I'm not letting you off! It's time to pay up!"

Song Ci looked at Lu Gan and blinked.

At last, Lu Gan understood the definition of Song Ci's "debt". He coughed awkwardly.

"It's getting late. Stop messing around. You can't show up on set tomorrow with dark circles!"

Chapter 133: I'll Miss You

Song Ci said confidently, "It'll be fine. I don't get tired easily. By the way, I don't have much experience but I'm still an actress. I'll make sure you're satisfied!"

Lu Gan said helplessly, "We can do it next time!"

Song Ci was displeased.

"Next time? When?"

"When the time is right."

"When is that?"

Song Ci was like a diligent elementary school student, determined to get an answer.

Lu Gan fell silent. Would this matter ever be resolved?

Song Ci crossed her hands. Her eyelashes fluttered, making his heart restless.

"Don't worry. I'll only be using my hands, just like you did. Holding back for so long is not a good thing. Your body needs to vent! There's nothing to be shy about. It's normal."

Lu Gan remained silent.

Song Ci got onto the bed and laid beside her husband. Their faces almost touched.

Lu Gan quickly turned around and tried to restrain himself.

"Just wait a little longer. Next time..."

Lu Gan's previous efforts were about to be in vain. After all, he was still a man! He was definitely excited to have a beautiful woman in his arms every day. He wanted Song Ci, but the timing was simply not right. Things would be unfair for Song Ci.

With that thought in mind, Lu Gan quickly raised his hand and turned off the lights. The room became pitch black. He heaved a sigh of relief. As long as they did not make eye contact, Lu Gan would not be bewitched by his wife.

Song Ci did not know whether to laugh or cry. Was he actually scared of her? If it was not for the medical record, she would believe there was something wrong with his manly part.

"Think about it. I'm going to join the production crew tomorrow. I'll be busy with work. By then, it'll be impossible for me to help you."

Lu Gan put his arm around her waist and said gently, "I'll come and visit you."

Song Ci felt a little excited.

"Really? When will you come?"

Lu Gan replied softly, "Whenever I have time. Anyway, you don't have to worry. I'll take care of everything."

Song Ci's heart softened when she heard Lu Gan's words.

They were so close that she could feel his breath.

Since it was so dark, no one knew who made the first move. The couple's lips were slowly pressed together.

Lu Gan kissed Song Ci passionately.

In the beginning, Song Ci could keep up with him. However, the kiss soon overwhelmed her. It felt like her body had turned into a puddle of water. She also lost track of time.

Song Ci's breathing became unsteady. She leaned into Lu Gan's embrace.

"I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too."

Song Ci whispered, "Then you must visit me as soon as possible."

Lu Gan kissed Song Ci's forehead and hugged her.

"I will."

Song Ci did not want to make things difficult for Lu Gan.

'I'll just wait and do it another time when he's willing. We still have plenty of time together in the future...'

With that thought in mind, she fell asleep in his embrace.

The next morning, Song Ci sent Song Yujin and Lu Suo to school as usual. On the way, she explained, "Starting tomorrow, I won't be able to send the two of you to school. It'll be for roughly more than a month."

Lu Suo was puzzled.

"Why?"

"Mommy is going to start working!"

Lu Suo was even more puzzled.

"Why can't you do it before going to work?"

Song Ci smiled helplessly.

"If I do that, I'll be late for work."

Chapter 134: Working With a Team

Lu Suo had a regretful expression on his face. He knew it was important for adults to work.

"Mom, don't worry. I can go to school by myself! I'm very independent."

Song Ci patted his little head.

"Little Suo is such a good boy!"

Then, Song Ci turned to look at Song Yujin.

"Why is my Yujin still so cold and aloof? I won't be able to send you to school for a while. You might not even see me for a few days! Yet, you have no reaction. Hmph! Can you bear to part with me?"

Song Yujin felt that Song Ci was being clingy again. They might not be able to see each other during the day but she would return at night, right? There was basically no different from their usual routine. However, he would argue with Song Ci over such trivial matters. So, he looked at her and said calmly, "I understand the situation."

Song Ci ruffled Song Yujin's hair.

"Remember to miss your big sister."

Song Yujin nodded.

"Okay."

"We can talk through video calls if you really want to see me. You have mom's phone, right? Use it!

After saying that, Song Ci took out her phone. She was about to give Song Yujin a demonstration.

"I know how to do it."

"Then remember to call me!"

Song Yujin thought to himself, 'She's even more clingy than Lu Suo and he's a kid! It's not as if we are going to fully separate for two months. She's just going to work. Aren't video calls too excessive?'

Of course, Song Yujin did not say his thoughts out loud. It would hurt Song Ci. Instead, he said, "Work hard!"

Song Ci was amused.

"What if I don't?"

Song Yujin stared at Song Ci. He almost said, "How can you utter such words?"

Song Ci could tell that her little brother was distressed. She deliberately kept pushing.

"If I don't work hard, what will you do? Will you support me?"

Song Yujin answered realistically, "I can't earn money yet."

Song Ci nodded.

"Looks like I have no choice but to work hard! I can only stop once you've earned a lot of money."

Song Yujin tilted his head and looked at Song Ci.

'Is working difficult? Do you not like it?"

"I do."

Song Yujin was even more puzzled.

"Then why are you refusing to work hard?"

Song Ci deliberately teased, "You're still a child. You don't understand! Adults want to earn money without working!"

Song Yujin nodded.

He had thought about this matter before. If he gave Song Ci all the pocket money he had received so far, would it be enough for her to stop working? Probably not. After all, Song Ci was the one who gave him the money.

Song Yujin was curious about working. When would he be able to join the workforce? If he earned enough money, he could take care of Song Ci. Unfortunately, he was still young. It would be a long time until he could get a job. The little boy could not help but sigh deeply. Time passed too slowly!

Once Song Ci had sent the two children to school, she returned home. Yang Haoran was already there to pick her up.

Song Ci had already packed her luggage. She said goodbye to Lu Gan and got onto the van.

Lu Gan watched as Song Ci left before returning to the villa reluctantly. If his leg were not injured, he could personally send her to the venue. He could even visit her every day. Sadly, that was not the reality. The living room felt empty and quiet. It was really lonely.

Song Ci was unaware of Lu Gan's feelings. In fact, she was excited! At long last, she could start building her career.

Yang Haoran noticed that Song Ci was in high spirits.

Before they arrived at the hotel, he informed her about the male and female leads' basic personalities. If Song Ci got to know them better, less conflict would arise. To dispel her bad reputation, she had to be humble on set.

Chapter 135: The First Day After Song Ci’s Departure

“The male lead’s name is Lu Jingming. He can be a little bit frivolous. Nonetheless, he’s a rising star. Try not to have any conflicts with him. As for the female lead, her name is Lin Ting. She’s quite a nice person and has been acting for years. She also has a large fanbase. Lastly, the actor who plays the male lead’s father is Fu Wenze. He’s an old senior so you must respect him.”

“I understand.”

Actually, Song Ci had done her homework and already knew all this. Regardless, as a responsible manager, Yang Haoran took the initiative to remind her. Hence, she was very pleased with him.

Two hours later, they finally arrived at the hotel.

Song Ci, Yang Haoran, and Sun Qin got off the van.

Sun Qin handled the check-in process.

On the first night of filming, a welcoming party would usually be held. That way, the crew members could get to know each other.

Song Ci entered her room and read the script once more. At the moment, she could recite the first half by heart.

Subsequently, she prepared herself for the party.

Meanwhile, Lu Suo and Song Yujin had returned home from school.

As usual, Song Yujin went back to his room and did his homework.

By the time Lu Suo knocked on his door to inform him about dinner, Song Yujin was already reading an extracurricular book.

Song Yujin closed the book and went to the dining room. Song Ci was nowhere to be seen and Lu Gan was pushing his wheelchair by himself. Why was Song Ci not back yet?

Anyway, he walked toward Lu Gan and placed his hands on the wheelchair’s handles. Just like Song Ci, he helped Lu Gan move around.

Lu Gan was caught off guard and tried to stop his wheelchair from moving.

Song Yujin was puzzled.

“What’s wrong?”

Lu Gan turned around to look at Song Yujin. However, he could only see his pitch-black hair. The little boy was not even as tall as the wheelchair.

Lu Gan asked in a gentle tone, “Are you trying to help me?”

Song Yujin nodded.

Lu Gan reached out and patted his head.

“Don’t worry, I can move around by myself. You’re still young, so helping me will take a lot of effort. You might even hurt yourself. Why don’t you help me once you’ve grown up?”

Upon hearing that, Lu Suo quickly added, “It’s okay, little uncle. My dad is right. I tried helping him before, but he told me the same thing. We’re still too short and will cause him to bump into things.”

Since their words were reasonable, Song Yujin did not insist further.

“Okay.”

The three of them sat down around the dining table. Mary had already prepared and brought out the dishes.

Lu Gan picked up and placed a piece of meat onto Song Yujin’s plate. Then, he said, “Let’s eat.”

Song Yujin looked at the seat where Song Ci usually sat. He asked in a puzzled tone, “My sister is not back yet. Shouldn’t we wait for her?”

Lu Gan did not expect Song Yujin to ask this question. The latter was really pure and innocent. He did not even touch the dishes or his chopsticks.

Lu Gan said gently, “Your sister won’t be coming back tonight. She’s still working. You know this, right?”

Obviously, Song Yujin knew! Song Ci had already told him. However, he thought she would be home by dinner time. His mother used to work late but no matter what, she would always return.

“Is my sister going to be very late?”

“Indeed. She might even be half a month late. So, the three of us should just eat first.”

Song Yujin looked surprised. It was a rare expression for him. Why would Song Ci be away for such a long time?

“Why isn’t my sister coming back?”

Lu Gan was really taken aback by Song Yujin’s behavior.

Did Song Ci leave out some details? She was a meticulous person, so what happened?

“Your sister told you that she was going to work, right?”

Chapter 136: Missing Song Ci on the First Day

Song Yujin recalled that Song Ci did tell him about being away for a while because she had to work. At first, Song Yujin thought she had a regular schedule and would return at night. So, he did not care! His mother was like this too. Unexpectedly, things were different this time.

“Are you saying that I won’t be able to see my sister for half a month?

Song Yujin asked while looking at Lu Gan.

“At least…”

Song Yujin was puzzled.

“At least?”

Lu Gan noticed Song Yujin’s serious expression. The former could only reply honestly, “It might even be 3-5 months…”

Song Yujin could not believe what he was hearing! Three to five months? Even the summer holidays were not that long! No wonder Song Ci was hesitant to work!

Lu Suo was equally shocked.

“That long? My mother was only gone for a month at most!”

Originally, Lu Suo was calm. His mother used to be a dancer and would often go abroad to perform. Hence, he was used to this concept. When Lu Gan said Song Ci would be gone for half a month, Lu Suo had no problems accepting it. On the other hand, three to five months was too much! He began to worry. Not for himself, but for his uncle!

When Lu Suo’s mother was away, his father missed her every day. He would hug Lu Suo while wondering about her return!

If Song Ci were to be away for so long, what would happen to his uncle? Could he bear it?

“Why does she have to work for more than 3 months? Can’t it be 3 days?”

Lu Gan thought for a moment and explained, “It’s just the nature of her job. Song Ci is an actress. She plays a role in the series you’ve watched on TV. Filming takes a long time because they must be meticulous about every scene before airing it. You’ll understand the details when you grow up.”

Lu Suo asked, “Then if I turn the TV on now, can I see my mother?”

Lu Gan was amused by Lu Suo’s words.

“Of course not. Her show is not aired yet! We can only see it after she’s done filming.”

Lu Suo asked again in a concerned tone, “Three months is such a long time. What if she finds new children to play with…?”

Lu Gan could tell that his nephew was having a crisis.

“You’ll simply have to believe in your mom that you’re her favorite.”

“Are you her favorite adult? She might find new friends…”

Lu Gan chuckled.

“I’m definitely her favorite adult!”

Lu Suo also laughed.

“Then I’m undeniably her favorite child!”

Song Yujin blinked. He finally understood the nature of Song Ci’s job and stopped asking questions. After all, if Lu Suo fully grasped the concept, he might have to coax him again.

Lu Gan was worried that Song Yujin would feel uncomfortable without Song Ci around. Thus, he took the initiative and asked, “Yujin, would you like to sleep with us tonight?”

Song Yujin was a little surprised.

“Huh?”

Lu Suo immediately interjected excitedly,

“Let’s sleep together!”

Lu Gan smiled.

“As long as your little uncle is willing.”

Lu Suo could not think of a reason why Song Yujin would be unwilling.

“How about it, little uncle?”

To be honest, Song Yujin was a little reluctant. He was not used to having intimate contact with others. His sister and Lu Suo were the only exceptions. Song Ci liked to kiss and hug while Lu Suo often acted coquettishly. In other words, they were clingy. Song Yujin slowly got used to it, though not by choice.

Chapter 137: Big Babies

Song Ci and Lu Gan held different positions in Song Yujin’s heart.

While Song Yujin respected Lu Gan, Song Ci was the bond between them. Without her, it felt like there was a strange distance.

Suddenly, Song Yujin remembered Song Ci’s words that Lu Gan liked him very much. Hence, he did not reject his proposal and nodded.

Lu Gan patted Song Yujin’s head and smiled.

Since Song Ci was not around, Song Yujin and Lu Suo had to shower by themselves. Nonetheless, Mary watched from the side. The children were still too young and needed supervision.

After they were done, Mary said in a patient tone, “The both of you did great! Now, let’s go and find the Master.”

Lu Gan was already lying on his bed.

Lu Suo ran over and Song Yujin carefully climbed onto the bed.

Lu Gan said to Song Yujin, “Let’s call your sister and ask her what she’s doing.”

Song Yujin did not think he would be able to see Song Ci. He replied in a soft voice, “Okay.”

Lu Gan was a little puzzled. During dinner, it was as if Song Yujin could not accept the fact that Song Ci would not be returning. So, why was he not excited at all? Did the child just adjust himself? Lu Gan could not help but sigh. Song Yujin was simply too mature for his age!

Anyway, Lu Gan began setting up a video call. Lu Suo came over and directly leaned in Lu Gan’s embrace. Song Yujin moved closer as well.

Even though Song Yujin looked calm, he was eager to see Song Ci. His body language gave it away.

Song Ci was about to leave for the welcoming party when she received a video call from Lu Gan. Since she still had a few minutes to spare, she answered the call. Two familiar faces almost filled up her entire screen. Of course, they were none other than Lu Gan and Lu Suo. At the corner, Song Yujin’s face could be seen.

Lu Gan noticed that Song Yujin was a little far away, so he hugged him using his arms. Now, Song Ci could see all of them equally.

“How was your first day on set? Were you busy? What are you going to do later? Have you had dinner? I know that you have to take care of your figure, but remember to eat well.”

Lu Gan immediately bombarded Song Ci with questions.

Song Ci smiled helplessly.

“I know! Don’t worry. There’s a welcoming party before the filming starts. I was just about to head over… By the way, you’re video calling me already? Do you guys miss me that much?”

Lu Gan nodded.

“The kids missed you!”

Lu Suo also nodded frantically.

“Mom, are you really going to be away for three months? We won’t be able to see each other?”

Song Ci thought for a moment before saying, “The timing is uncertain. I’m not too far away, so I can visit during downtime.”

Lu Suo quickly asked, “When will you be free?”

“It depends on the production team.”

Lu Suo asked again, “Mommy, will you be playing with other children? Are we still your favorite?”

Song Ci laughed.

“No worries! There are no children here! You two will always be my favorite.”

Lu Suo struck while the iron was hot.

“What about new adult friends?”

Song Ci smiled meaningfully.

“Adult friends? Who are you referring to?”

Lu Suo smiled and kept quiet. His plot was quite obvious.

Song Ci was amused. She looked at Lu Gan.

“Did he ask this question because of you?”

Lu Gan shrugged.

“It wasn’t me! Little Suo is just concerned about you.”

Song Ci smiled.

“Really?”

“Of course! Besides, it’s not like you’re going to have new adult friends!”

Song Ci raised her eyebrows.

“Are you that confident?”

“Yes! Keep in mind, your favorite children are in my hands!”

As Lu Gan spoke, he pulled Song Yujin and Lu Suo into his arms again.

Lu Suo immediately burst into laughter while Song Yujin remained expressionless.

Chapter 138: Mommy and Daddy’s Little Helper

Song Ci could not help but laugh. Then, she looked at Song Yujin.

“Why isn’t my little darling saying anything? Hmph! How cruel. Don’t you miss me?”

Song Yujin was speechless. Originally, he wanted to ask Song Ci why she did not tell him the full details. He was upset. Most of all, he was angry with himself for not caring about her departure. The little boy really thought she would only be gone for a short while.

Hence, Song Yujin did not know how to confront Song Ci.

As for Song Ci, she thought her younger brother was simply being his cold and aloof self.

“Yujin, if you need anything, just tell your brother-in-law. I’ll come back whenever I have time.”

Song Yujin nodded.

“Okay.”

Song Ci reminded him again, “You have to miss me!”

Song Yujin nodded again.

“Okay.”

Song Ci was about to say something else, but Yang Haoran knocked on her door.

“I have to go now. All of you should go to bed. Goodnight!”

They bid farewell to each other before Song Ci left with Yang Haoran.

Song Yujin watched as Song Ci disappeared before his eyes. He became even angrier at himself. Throughout their conversation, all he said was “okay”! In reality, he had many questions for her. Unlike him, Lu Suo spoke to Song Ci a lot.

‘If I knew she was going to be gone for a long time, then I…’

Song Yujin continued to be angry with himself, which was rare.

Since Song Ci was clingy and childish, was it hard for her to leave them?

Song Yujin felt that he had let Song Ci down before they parted.

Anyway, Lu Suo said to Lu Gan, “Daddy, you can be rest assured now. Mommy won’t have any new adult friends. She’ll also try to come home early.”

Lu Gan did not know whether to laugh or cry.

“Am I supposed to thank you?”

Lu Suo replied proudly, “No need to thank me!”

He felt really great. Lu Gan and Song Ci may not be his biological parents, but they were still his guardians. Thus, he had to maintain their relationship!

Song Yujin was still preoccupied with his thoughts.

‘Maybe I should get her a gift. She’ll definitely be sad because she couldn’t see me for a long time. This is simply a fact.’

With that notion in mind, Song Yujin’s mood brightened. He had finally found a way to remedy the situation.

Meanwhile, Song Ci had just greeted the director and crew. A number of managers and assistants were also present.

Yang Haoran sat in a corner and observed the main cast quietly. Then, he whispered to Song Ci, “Fu Wenze is only slightly famous, but he’s not present.”

Song Ci replied, “Uncle Fu is good at acting, so he doesn’t need to meddle as much. Besides, he’s old and probably needs to rest.”

Suddenly, Director Zhao announced, “Almost everyone is here. Let’s familiarize ourselves with each other and rehearse a few scenes. Why don’t we begin with where the plot conflicts? Jingming, you’re the male lead so we’ll start with you.”

There was a minor change in Lu Jingming’s expression. He thought they would start from the first act, so he only memorized that section. Unexpectedly, Director Zhao chose to rehearse the middle part. Lu Jingming felt a little helpless and could only flip through the script.

Of course, without proper preparation, Lu Jingming was unable to deliver the lines convincingly. In fact, he sounded quite robotic.

Director Zhao tried to comfort him by saying, “Jingming, relax. Don’t be so nervous.”

Lu Jingming nodded.

Unfortunately, his performance did not improve.

Chapter 139: Show Your Skills

Director Zhao tried to encourage Lu Jingming again, but the latter just became more impatient.

It was not only Lu Jingming. Some actors were having trouble too. For instance, one could not cry on cue and needed eye drops.

Director Zhao was already used to such situations. Since he was not a famous director, he had to find solutions without offending anyone. If conflicts were to arise before filming, it would only be hard for everyone.

Lin Ting was up next. Her voice was relatively sweet and soft. However, it was not clear enough.

Director Zhao had no choice but to reprimand her a few times.

Lin Ting nodded repeatedly and tried her best to improve.

On the side, Song Ci took note of Director Zhao’s advice.

Finally, it was Song Ci’s turn. She was the third female lead named He Lian Er.

“Sorry, I’m here to look for my sister.”

Director Zhao raised his head and looked at Song Ci. She was confident and her lines were delivered superbly. He was a little surprised, but said nothing and just continued to observe.

The female lead played by Lin Ting was called He Ying Er. She said in a surprised tone, “Lian Er? Why are you here?”

“It’s late and you’re still not home. You didn’t even answer my calls! Obviously, I’m worried. It looks like I came at the right time!”

Lin Ting put on a helpless expression.

“Little sister, wait for me downstairs…”

Lu Jingming interrupted, “Why are you wasting my time? Return Mei Yuling’s things immediately and leave!”

“He Ying Er” replied, “I really didn’t take it!”

“What things?” asked “He Lian Er”.

Mei Yuling was the second female lead played by Qi Yuanyuan.

“A safety buckle. It’s not very valuable, but I inherited it from my mother!”

“He Lian Er” laughed.

“You’ve already said it’s not valuable. Why would my sister take it?”

Lu Jingming’s character was named Tiger. He said, “You’ll have to ask your sister that question.”

“He Ying Er” was angry and exasperated. She could not defend herself. When “He Lian Er” saw this, she stood in front of her sister and tried to convince “Tiger”.

This scene was supposedly the climax.

Director Zhao noticed the difference between Lu Jingming and Song Ci.

Lu Jingming was basically only reading his lines. It became obvious the more he spoke. The delivery was not smooth and there were no emotions.

On the other hand, Song Ci was the complete opposite. Her performance was good enough to be in the final cut.

Director Zhao was really taken aback by Song Ci. Back then, he did not attend her audition. It was left to the casting executives. He thought to himself, ‘It’s such a waste for Song Ci to be a supporting character. She’s brilliant.’

Song Ci was beautiful and had a refined temperament. Even Lu Jingming and Lin Ting were unable to overshadow her. Moreover, her voice sounded pure and lively. How was she not famous?

Shortly after, Director Zhao told everyone to take a five minutes break. Then, they continued with the next act.

It was a group scene involving more people.

Song Ci’s lines were only at the later stages. After all, she was the third female lead and did not have much screen time. Her character and the female lead were sisters who relied on each other for survival. Even though He Lian Er was younger, she was more mature. In the end, she died. He Lian Er was more of a stepping stone for He Ying Er to become stronger.

Song Ci listened to everyone’s lines quietly. Finally, it was her turn.

“Why do you keep involving yourself with my sister? You like her, don’t you?”

“Tiger” retorted, “Nonsense!”

“Then don’t stop my sister from seeing Brother Qian! He’s planning a surprise for her and I can’t wait!”

Chapter 140: A Request for Lu Gan

Yang Haoran watched from the side, amazed. Song Ci was a solid actress. The other cast members were nothing compared to her. He thought to himself, ‘What if I use Song Ci’s audition tape for marketing? The difference in her performance is huge. People will definitely be interested.’

As for Director Zhao, he was more impressed than before. Song Ci delivered all her lines consistently. She was not a fluke. Moreover, she had memorized everything. Her work ethic was unmatched.

By the end of the session, Director Zhao gave everyone some advice.

On the other hand, Song Ci received a compliment.

“You speak very well and even memorized all your lines! I like your work ethic.”

Song Ci quickly replied, “I just happened to have some extra time recently.”

She tried to be modest since the male and female lead were present.

Director Zhao immediately understood her concerns and said nothing more. He turned around and began talking with other people.

Subsequently, everyone returned to their rooms.

Lin Ting left relatively late. She was waiting for Song Ci. With a polite smile on her face, she said, “You did well. Is there any chance we can practice together?”

Song Ci replied courteously, “I’m just alright. If you have time, sure.”

The two ladies exchanged their contact information.

Meanwhile, Yang Haoran was still pondering about Song Ci. David said she would cause a lot of trouble. So, he did not have high hopes and just wanted her to be satisfied. After all, Song Ci’s status was different now.

Unexpectedly, Song Ci kept surprising him. Moreover, she was really talented. Why did David insist that she was bad? Did he do it on purpose so she would not stand out? There was seriously something wrong with David!

Out of nowhere, David sneezed! Was someone talking behind his back? Even his ears felt hot! Anyway, he did not really care and was just happy to be rid of Song Ci.

By the time Song Ci returned to her room, it was almost midnight. Her babies at home were most likely asleep by now. Hence, she also went to bed.

Lu Gan was actually counting stars with his eyes closed. Since Song Ci was not around, his insomnia returned!

The next day, Lu Gan sent the two children to school. Normally, he would not do this since it was difficult for him to move around. However, Song Ci had just left. Lu Gan was worried that Song Yujin would feel lonely. He wanted the little boy to feel more comfortable.

When Lu Suo found out that his father was going to accompany them to school, he hurriedly said, “We can go to school by ourselves. Dad, go back and rest!”

Song Yujin added, “He’s right!”

Of course, Lu Gan did not listen to them. Besides, he was already in the car.

“Get on! Otherwise, both of you will be late!”

Lu Suo and Song Yujin had no choice but to comply.

“Dad, why are you suddenly sending us to school?”

Lu Gan patted Lu Suo’s head.

“I have nothing to do today, so why not?”

Lu Suo hugged his arm excitedly.

“Really?”

Lu Gan smiled. Then, he also hugged Song Yujin. The latter thought to himself, ‘They’re really husband and wife. Both are equally clingy…’

Regardless, Song Yujin did not refuse the intimacy and kept thinking about his sister.

Lu Suo was dropped off first.

When they almost arrived at Song Yujin’s school, the little boy looked at Lu Gan and asked hesitantly, “Brother-in-law, are you busy this weekend?”

Lu Gan replied instantly, “I’m free!”

Even if he was busy, he would make time! Song Yujin rarely asked such questions. Something was definitely on his mind.

“Can you take me somewhere?”

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

787K 39.9K 35
1ST BOOK OF BRIDE SERIES✨✨ Don't do this, leave my parents, don't ruin my life, I will die. She was begging infront of him joining her both hands. Th...
335K 10.8K 35
The Sokolov brothers are everything most girls want. Intimidating, tall, broody, they are everything to lust after. Not that they... particularly car...
157K 3.5K 24
"I only fuck girls who want to be fucked, flipped over and banged, Sunshine and..." "And that's what I want, daddy. Exactly what I want from you." * ...
1M 56K 58
π’πœπžπ§π­ 𝐨𝐟 π‹π¨π―πžγ€’ππ² π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐞𝐬 γ€ˆπ›π¨π¨π€ 1〉 π‘Άπ’‘π’‘π’π’”π’Šπ’•π’†π’” 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ✰|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...