The Queen Bee

drDevil tarafından

Chloe accomplished what she came here to do. She took away the vampires' blood thirst. With dire consequences... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1: Aftermath
Chapter 2: The Great Escape

Chapter 3: Cold water

223 7 4
drDevil tarafından

Chloe’s POV

The sense of cold water slowly filling up my boots pulled me back to reality. I looked around me and groaned. We were in the murky water of the pond where I first met Noah.

The sun stood low in the sky, creating a beautiful glow over the snow tops of the pine trees surrounding the pond.

That man is a serious threat to my sanity. I had planned a jump to the Vampire Dimension Desert.

"Where the fuck are we?" Helena asked while pulling up her high-heeled boots, trying to avoid the cold water pouring in, but miserably failing.

I turned and dragged myself towards the south bank.Behind me, Gran sighed and followed me towards the water’s edge. I climbed up the bank and helped her out of the water. More splashing indicated that Helena was coming too.

Wringing out her wet clothes and shivering uncontrollably, Gran readjusted her bun and looked at me with a frown on her face.

“Something screwed up your concentration, dear?” she asked me while pulling one of her painted-on eyebrows up sky high.

"Yeah. Noah. The first time that I had my run in with our local vampire king was at this bloody cold pond. I have no idea why we ended up here now. I was thinking about some completely different location. Not the pond."

Gran sighed and rubbed her temples. "Well apparently you did. Unaware. So much talent, so little control; have you been doing your concentration exercises? The yoga? "

"Gran, please. This isn't the moment to complain about my poor concentration.”

"Well, it never is, honey. It never is! You should start taking your gifts more seriously, instead of fooling around with vampires. Stop dwelling in the past. Start focusing on the present."

I snapped and a bony knife protruded from my finger as I pointed to my metal fangs.

"It is a little bit late for that, Gran!"

"I told you not to mess with Dravec. Look at what games with Komar resulted in."

Gran gestured towards Helena with a disgusted look on her face.

I shook my head.

"I'm not responsible for the faults of our ancestors. Actually, I cleaned up their fucking mess. The poor lost souls no longer suffer from the hunger that we accidently created at their birth. It is gone. Isn’t that right, Helena?"

Helena looked up surprised "Yeah. It is gone. Completely. But..."

"See...!"

Helena shifted her weight on her other leg and crossed her arms.

"Chloe...hang on. There's more." she continued.

"More? What do you mean more?"

"We can't turn new vampires."

"What? Oh. Oh crap." I replied aghast. I hadn’t seen that one coming. I should have.

"Yeah…thanks to your wonderful intervention, we poor souls are now a dying species."

I was lost for words. After a lengthy painful pause in the conversation, Gran put a hand on my shoulder and asked, "Honey, what are we going to do now?"

"Reverse this shit!" Helena happily answered the question.

"Helena, I have no clue how." I responded with a frown on my face.

She stepped up to me and poked with one of her fingers in my shoulder.

“Noah isn’t letting this go this easily. He can’t now that he is vampire king. Darien and I are not the only vampires asking him to put consequences to your action. He will track you down.”

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Well, he is either going to kill you or make your reverse whatever it was what you did.”

That ticked me off. Who the fuck do these people think they are?

“Him and what army?” I growled grabbing her finger and making Helena step back in fright.

“He will find a way, one way and another. Noah Turner has been trained for this since his turning.He always find a way to get what he want.“ Helena stated with absolute admiration in her eyes.

Oh for fuck sake. I took the guy out with one blow to the head.

“The core, that is Komar, is female and thus physically inferior to Dravec. This means I’m stronger, meaner and faster. Noah Turner is not a problem now that Dravec turned me permanently. Ever.” I hissed to the puny little vampire in front of me.

Helena’s eyes widened in fright and she tried to pull herself loose.

Gran intervened before I could more damage.

"Calm down. I have a plan. We need to know more about the spirits. How they connect to our bodies. Exactly how they change the fundament of your being. Find out whether its reversible…" Gran started.

“Are you suggesting what I think you are?” I said with a smile on my face. That would solve my little problem of being permanently into this beast as well.

Helena threw her hands in the air. "Hell no! Just get the spirit Komar back into Noah. Problem solved."

"Hell no! You really want to get back to the bloodthirst?" I asked her incredulously.

I have been fighting it since the moment that I picked up Gran’s scent in the air.

Helena crossed her arms again and continued with a serious look on her face.

"Chloe, your spell gave us the death blow. Our feuds with the other clans in the Vampire Dimension cost us hundreds of undead daily. When they hear of our misfortune they will start a war to get the throne. Without turning newlings, our numbers will dwindle and we eventually lose. No matter how you look at this, it is going to end bad."

"My...look who has been paying attention in class for once." I said with a grin.

Helena shook her head, "Whatever. When it concerns me I'll be damn sure to pay attention."

I sighed. "Look. I'm not turning you lot back into predators. Whatever your problems in the Vampire Dimension are. Your species have killed too many."

"Making them human would maybe make the other clans lose interest. They would just be more food." Gran offered.

"Pfff...right. We made ourselves very popular over the centuries. Of course they would give us the same fighting chance as other food." Helena said sarcastically.

"Helena. No way in hell that I'm putting the spirit back in Noah." I snapped.

Helena shook her head and stared at the dirt on her boots. “Than we are screwed. Big time.”

"Speaking about Komar and Dravec...how did Noah know about them? How did he know that the core was Komar?" I asked her

“We found it in some ancient texts in the library.”

“What library? I digged hard to get any information on these spirits.It took me years. And you three found out in two days? How is that possible?”

“We have a library at the vampire university. Noah seems to know his way around there.”

I looked incredulously at Helena.

“Well. And we don’t sleep. So actually it’s four days. And who knows how much time Noah spent in there before.”

“Vampire library. I didn’t take your kind for the reading type.” Gran mumbled.

“We aren’t. It is fairly small.” Helena responded with a smile.

“Okay we are going there. I can use any more information on these two spirits before I attempt something rash.” I stated before stomping off in the direction of the only road leading away from the small pond.

“We are not going by foot are we?” Helena yelled.

“Did you take a car? I didn’t!” I yelled back.

“What about your Gran?” Helena yelled back again.

“I can walk just fine. Look!” Gran lifted the hem of her dress to reveal of pair of sturdy walking boots.

“Fine.You are, but I’m wearing heals. I’m stealing the first car in sight.” Helena stated before following us in the direction of the gate. 500 kms away...

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

40.7M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...