Delilah's Diary (2)

By NBokhari

Continued... Watching her second year. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 4

406 9 1
By NBokhari

I do not own Harry Potter or the Vampire Diaries

"How could you guys have not seen something clearly wrong with your father there?" Damon asked incredulously as they all ended up on a field of grass with a house in front of them that looked like it was seconds away from toppling over.

"I-I don't know really, I mean...I guess we didn't want to see that and acknowledge it because he used to be so different with us but we did know that mom and dad always treated Lilah differently, like on Christmas, not giving her presents but giving us in front of her, as we ate the Christmas dinner mom made, dad used to make her shovel the snow outside, when we had family nights, dad used to send her to her room..." Elena was about to carry on but Delilah cut her off.

"Ok Elena, I think they get it." Delilah snapped slightly annoyed as she watched the brother's eyes turn blood red, shit, she quickly got out some of her blood pops and popped them in their mouths causing them to instantly relax and their faces to return back to normal.

"Sorry, I guess I got a bit carried away remembering all those horrible moments, I just wish I could have done more, defended you more often like Jeremy used to. Even though I was older than him, I never really said anything in front of mom and dad when they used to treat you like that, too much of a coward to go against them even though I knew they were wrong. Talking to you in private is different, I should have been more vocal in my defense of you, it was wrong of me to be quiet and I just want you to know how sorry I am for that." Elena said tears filling her eyes as she looked at her elder sister regretfully.

"I have to admit Lena, that used to hurt me a lot before but it's fine now, it doesn't really matter anymore and besides I forgave you a long time ago, there's no need to apologize, I understand that you were only a kid at the time," Delilah said with a forgiving smile on her face and tears of relief came to Elena's eyes flowing down her cheeks, Delilah rolled her eyes at that before she pulled her younger sister into a hug. "I said I forgave you, now stop crying, you're making me depressed."

"I'm sorry, I'm just happy that you forgave me," Elena said in her sister's embrace.

"Always Lena. There's nothing you could do that could ever make me stay mad at you." Delilah said as she pulled away from wiping the tears from her eyes before kissing her forehead. She ruffled her brown and golden hair from the new look she had given her, smiling down at her amused as Elena batted her hands away trying to set her hair back again. 

"Lilah, seriously?" Elena whined but she still had a smile on her face as she did so.

Delilah laughed at her before she said after calming down, "I love you Lena, don't ever think otherwise."

"I love you too Lilah," Elena said as she hugged her again before going back to her spot next to Stefan with a smile on her face.

"Where's my hug? I want a Lilah cuddle." Jeremy whined to his sister. He had completely forgotten the brothers were here until he realized what he just said, blushing a deep shade of red, he coughed as he said, "You guys didn't hear anything."

"Sure," Stefan said smiling in amusement.

"Whatever you say Little Gilbert," Damon said mockingly with a smirk on his face.

"Oh shut it, you know what, I'm not even going to be embarrassed to admit it, Lilah's cuddles are the best, they honestly make you truly forget everything in life and just relax and I'm going to stop right there before this gets weird." Jeremy shut up quickly and Delilah just laughed at him before pulling him into a hug, her right arm around his shoulders as her other wrapped around his waist, he relaxed in her comforting hold as he held her tighter to him kissing the side of her head affectionately. 

"Can I have her back now?" Damon whined after a moment, after her just recently accepting him back, he wanted to have her close to him for as long as possible and he was also curious to know what these Lilah cuddles felt like, God he couldn't believe himself, she literally had him whipped, not that he'd ever admit it, but he found that he wouldn't have it any other way.

Delilah laughed pulling away from Jeremy who groaned annoyed refusing to let go, he was particularly comfortable where he was. "Jer I think you kinda need to let go before Damie has a mental breakdown after being away from little old me for so long," Delilah said dramatically sending a teasing look to an unimpressed-looking Damon as the others laughed at him. Jeremy pulled away from her still laughing as he kissed her forehead, she ruffled his hair in return before walking back to Damon who immediately pulled her in his arms as the memory played around them.

They all watched how the family treated her, they were very kind, the mother was admittedly a bit overbearing but it was sweet how she looked after Lilah. They were angry though about the fact that she didn't acknowledge what the twins and Ron had revealed, that she had been starved, probably thinking it wasn't true but still, it was just like teachers turning a blind eye to abused children despite the visible bruises, except none of them could see the scars that had been littering her frame because of the baggy clothes she was wearing and that's when it clicked for the siblings.

"That's why you wear baggy clothes, you hide your..." Jeremy trailed off not being able to say it as he looked at her understandingly with sadness and anger in his eyes.

"Yes I wore them all the time to hide my scars, not because I was ashamed of them or anything but because I didn't want you guys to find out, Greyson had already told me the consequences of that and I couldn't afford to lose you guys," Delilah said and Damon hugged her tighter at this from behind breathing in her scent to calm his vampire down.

"I'm sorry Lilah," Stefan said sadly as he held Elena in comfort, he could see how much it hurt to see her sister like this and he understood, seeing her mention her scars so casually when her brother couldn't even get the words out just put to perspective how used to having them she was. How long did she go through what those bastards had put her through, how many scars did she get from someone who was supposed to love her like his own, how many did she get from the monster who had raped a young teenage girl as sweet as Lilah God knows how many times? How many times was she hurt for doing nothing than just being herself?

"It's fine Steffie, I don't want you to misunderstand though, my scars are a part of me, it's been really hard to come to terms with that but my friends really helped. The ones from Greyson and Fenrir I will always loathe though but not the other ones." Delilah said trying to make them understand that.

"How can you not hate all of them?" Elena asked as she wiped her teary eyes.

"I can't hate some of them because I'm proud of them, I got them when I was fighting to protect myself or someone else but the ones from Greyson and Greyback just remind me of a time when I was helpless, when I could literally do nothing to escape. It reminds me of the times when I lost my innocence to two men just for the sake of doing so. Greyson in the sense that he took away my childhood, and Greyback, well you understand what he took from me, so yeah, that's why I hate them, they belong to memories I'd rather not remember." Delilah said as she rubbed the scar on her cheek with a forlorn expression on her face. 

Damon didn't like that look on her face so he kissed her exactly where her scar started at her temple and then trailed them down her scar before kissing the corner of her mouth from the side, she smiled at that before she was twisted around and her lips were captured by his, as he poured out all his love, his sadness, his anger, everything he was feeling to her, she had never felt his emotions this strong before. When they finally pulled away from each other leaning their foreheads against the other's, they stared into each other's eyes for a moment just basking in the comfort as the connection died down between them. Delilah felt the strong emotions calm down after breaking the kiss, it was still there but it could only be truly felt if she concentrated. Damon on the other hand could feel nothing from her now but when they had kissed he had felt such an intense surge of so many emotions that it had caused him to pause for a second before he got used to it and carried on kissing her like there was no tomorrow.

Delilah smiled up at him before pecking his lips softly with an affectionate smile on her face, as he looked down at her in adoration, the others had turned away ages ago not being able to handle their cuteness.

"OK we get it, you love each other, now can you please stop being so nauseatingly cute, have some mercy on my single self," Jeremy said without thinking and his eyes widened as he realized what he just said, Stefan and Elena glared at him, Damon looked between him and Lilah in disbelief, shock and...hope whilst Delilah had ripped herself away from Damon and was staring at her brother in, well, he didn't really know what to make of that look.

"Wh-what did you just say?" Delilah said stuttering in surprise at her brother's outburst.

"Uh...nothing, never mind, forget I said anything." Jeremy nervously laughed scratching the back of his head not meeting her eyes.

"You...I...um... I don't...ugh what the hell Jer! Why do you have to go and make things even more f£$%&! complicated, I may have loved before but I can't...I don't...I don't think I can ever love someone again." Delilah blurted out in her panic at his use of the L-word and she winced though when she saw Damon's face drop and the others looking at each other awkwardly. "Damon I...I just...I'm sorry...this is why I didn't want to get back together before...I'm a little too messed up right now and you don't deserve that, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, it was never my intention...I just..." Delilah was about to carry on but she was pulled into a kiss she had certainly expected.

Damon pulled away a minute later resting his forehead on hers and said breathing heavily as he did, "It's okay angel, I understand. Take as much time as you need, I'll wait for you, I'll always wait for you baby. Time is nothing when you've lived for so long you know. I waited for Katherine for 145 years, and the love I felt for her doesn't even come close to how I feel about you so I'm pretty sure you're not getting rid of me anytime soon because I'll wait for you forever if necessary." He kissed her nose then her forehead before pulling her into a hug resting his chin on her head as he tightened his hold on her and said, "Don't even think about breaking up with me again, especially over this, I love you angel and like hell I'm letting you go now."

"I won't Damie but if you want to leave then that's fine, I don't want you to waste your life on someone like me, I'm too messed up for someone as good and loving as you. Your so strong, despite what happened with Katherine, you still manage to open your heart to me and I'm so sorry that I can't do the same, that I can't say those words back to you now, you deserve someone better Damie." Delilah said with tears in her eyes before she was abruptly pulled away from his embrace, her chin captured in gentle hands urging her to look up at those beautiful blue eyes she always managed to get lost in but now they looked like a storm, full of emotions raging through the vast ocean of love she could see shining in his eyes as he gazed down at her.

"Don't say that, don't you ever say that. I love you, I love you just the way you are so don't give me that bullshit of me deserving someone better because there is nothing better than you, your it for me princess." Damon said firmly before kissing her once again, when he pulled away he wiped her teary eyes cupping her face in his hands softly and said, "And you're not messed up, you're just grieving, it doesn't make me love you any less baby, you understand?"

Delilah responded by letting out a sob and hugging him wrapping her arms around his neck as he wrapped his arms around her tightly.

After a moment they pulled away from each other with smiles on their faces, Damon kissed her forehead before turning towards the others.

"Sorry guys we keep on doing this." Delilah said apologetically from where she was once again encased within Damon's comforting arms.

"It's completely fine." Stefan said shaking his head at her.

"Yeah, besides, I'm the one who, you know..." Jeremy trailed off sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"It's fine Jer." Delilah said smiling at him. 

"Though do show a little restraint next time would you Little Gilbert." Damon said rolling his eyes.

"Right, sorry." Jeremy said before Delilah played the memory as their father came home, he was the epitome of the ideal father, laidback, kind, and caring, he was a very nice man, and its clear how much he cares for his children. They couldn't help but snort when the father was eager to know about what happened when they drove the car to save Lilah, only to shut up at his wife's stern reprimand, it was sweet and funny, clearly, the twins thought so too considering their snickers as they nudged each other.

Before long the Hogwarts letter had finally arrived and they had to go to Diagon Alley, this caused excited smiles to make its way onto their faces.

"We're going to see Diagon Alley." Elena squealed happily.

"Yup. I can't wait to see your faces, the first time is always magical," Delilah said smiling nostalgically as she remembered her first time, the absolute awe she had been in, the good times, when everything was so much easier.

They then watch as Mrs. Weasley picks up a pot off the mantel and says, "You first, Lilah dear." She offers her the pot where the onlookers could see a layer of very soft dust at the bottom causing them to frown in confusion.

"Uh...what is that?" Jeremy asked confused.

"It's floo powder. It lets you travel from one place to another through a fireplace." Deliah answered them causing them to look at her wide-eyed.

"Is there a limit to how far you can go?" Stefan asked curiously.

"No, if you want to travel from a house in England to a house in France, you can go just like that, though I prefer apparating. Traveling by Floo and side-along apparition do not agree with me." Delilah said to them seriously.

"Apparating? What's that?" Damon asked confused planting a kiss on her neck as he did so, Delilah smiled at that, he was being really affectionate ever since they got back together, and she found she rather liked it.

"It's a method of travel, you have to get a license first though. you just turn on the spot, think of a destination and then you're there." Delilah explained.

"Have you got a license?" Elena questioned.

"Yup, you get it when you're seventeen after a test, it's basically like a driving test, I used it to come home actually. There are dangers to it though, like you could get splinched." Delilah said as she remembered what had happened to Ron when they fled from the Ministry.

"Splinched? What's that?" Stefan asked concerned, it didn't exactly sound very nice after all.

"It's when you apparate from one place to another but accidentally leave a part of yourself behind either because you're not concentrating enough, you're injured or you don't know the place you're apparating to that well. I apparated here injured and that just ripped my wound open more but it could be worse, some have lost an entire limb through apparition." Delilah explained before taking notice of their horrified expressions.

"What?" Damon asked faintly.

"Uh...it's completely safe when you get the hang of it though." Delilah said to them but it didn't change their looks and she sighed before she had an idea, "Here let me show you."

"No way in hell," Damon said tightening his grip on her when she tried to leave.

"Damie it's fine, I've done it loads of times whilst on the run." Delilah tried to reassure him but he refused to budge so she smirked as she twisted herself out of his grip and when he was about to grab a hold of her again, she apparated right behind Stefan and whispered in his ear, "Boo."

"Oh my God! Lilah! Seriously?" Stefan said shocked.

"Sorry, couldn't help it," Delilah said giggling at his reaction before she took notice of all their open-mouthed expressions.

"That was so cool," Jeremy said in shock.

"And you are never doing that again," Damon said pulling her to him and holding her protectively as he looked down at her sternly. 

"Relax Damie I'm fine, I've been doing it for months, there's no need to worry," Delilah said reassuringly.

"You just said you gurt yourself not that long ago," Damon said concerned.

"That's only because I was injured." Delilah countered.

"Still," Damon said stubbornly.

"Look, it's either this or using floo powder which is never going to happen and now you'll see exactly why," Delilah said as she played the memory.

"But Lilah's never traveled by Floo powder before, Mum," Ron said as Mrs Weasley held the flower pot out to her bewildered face.

"Floo Powder?" Delilah questioned clearly confused.

"Oh, well, you go first, Ron. So that Lilah can see how it's done. Yes. In you go. That's it." Mrs Weasley encouraged. Ron grabbed a handful of powder stepped into the huge fireplace and shouted out, "Diagon Alley!" They all jumped at the green flames that surrounded him.

"OK never mind, apparate all you want," Damon said looking at the fireplace in horrified fascination.

"Relax guys the fire doesn't hurt," Delilah said snorting at their faces as they saw Ron engulfed by the green flames before disappearing.

"You see? It's quite easy, dear. Don't be afraid. Come on. Come on. In you go. That's it. Mind your head. That's right. Now, take your Floo powder. That's it, very good. Now, don't forget to speak very, very clearly." Mrs. Weasley instructed.

"Why do I have the feeling that something's going to go very wrong?" Damon said as he felt a feeling of slight dread rise up within him.

"Uh...hehehe," Delilah nervously laughed at that causing him to groan into her neck.

"Diagonally." Delilah's younger self said fumbling the words as she threw the powder into the fireplace and the flames engulfed her form.

"You didn't say it right, did you?" Stefan asked in exasperation, how does the girl have such bad luck?

"Nope, but in my defense, it was my first time," Delilah said sheepishly as the scene shifted around them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

ꜱɴᴏᴡ By qx

Fanfiction

18.8K 816 8
ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴋᴀᴍᴀʀɪ ᴀʀɪᴇɴ ꜱɴᴏᴡ ʜᴀᴅ ᴍᴏᴠᴇᴅ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴏᴡɴ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏꜱᴛɪᴄ ꜰᴀʟʟꜱ ᴏʀ ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ꜱᴛʀᴜᴄᴋ ʙʏ ʜᴇʀ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴᴀʟɪᴛʏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ʜᴇʀ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛʏ !DIS...
101K 1.4K 23
Part one of Rose and Dimitri is finished... starting to write part two
33.9K 831 17
This is the second season of my first story "Our High School Life [Melizabeth]" If you haven't read my first story, read that first before this. So t...
51K 1.3K 19
Sequel to Emma Gilbert.