The Werewolf's Pet

By Sexyglamoruz

Many years ago, the vampires exposed themselves to the human civilization. They had believed they could live... More

Copyright 2016 & Author's Note
CHAPTER ONE☑
CHAPTER TWO☑
CHAPTER THREE☑
CHAPTER FOUR☑
CHAPTER FIVE ☑
CHAPTER SEVEN ☑
CHAPTER EIGHT ☑
CHAPTER NINE ☑
CHAPTER TEN ☑
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN ☑
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN ☑
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
EPILOGUE
V2: CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
V2: CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
V2: CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
V2: CHAPTER THIRTY
V2: Chapter Thirty One
V2: Chapter Thirty Two
V2: Chapter Thirty Three
V2: Chapter Thirty Four
V2: Chapter Thirty Five
V2: Chapter Thirty Six
V2: Chapter Thirty Seven
V2: Chapter Thirty-Eight
V2: Chapter Thirty-Nine
V2: Forty [Part 2 Final]

CHAPTER SIX ☑

95K 3.1K 336
By Sexyglamoruz

THE OBJECTIVE

"HELLO, KENDRA." THE man beside me smiled, a smile that seemed oddly welcoming. He looked through a couple of papers, then his eyes locked with mine. "Those eyes of yours are gorgeous. Why would you hide them behind the contacts?"

I swallowed hard and averted my eyes, not knowing if it was against the rules or not to make eye contact with one's master. "I thought it would help me to not be chosen, but clearly, it didn't." Why was I being honest? Why didn't I lie?

"When you speak, please make eye contact."

I immediately met his gaze, afraid that if I didn't, I would get terribly berated for it. "My apologies, Master."  I hated the word Master, but the papers I signed indicated that I was to address the one who chose me as such at all times.

He shook his head once again. "I'm not your master."

Eyes narrowed in confusion, I stared at him. "Then who are you?"

"Nicolas," he said simply before turning his attention to the papers. "Now that I can look into those eyes of yours without a barrier, I'm pleased that I chose you."

"You chose me, but you aren't my master? I'm sorry, but I'm confused."

When the limousine began to move, I glanced through the glass to find my family standing at the front door, clearly engulfed in an enormous pain. Lana ran toward the front yard, stopping beside the flower tree that we had planted when she was two years old. She waved goodbye to me and I returned it, then placed my opened palm against the class, feeling my heart clench with immense pain. I managed to force a smile, which she returned.

"There is no need to be disquiet about your family's wellbeing; they will be receiving a large amount of money monthly if you do everything I ask for."

I looked over my shoulder at Nicolas to meet his gaze before looking out the glass to see my home fading into the distance. The pain in my chest intensified as I leaned back against the seat, hoping that someday I would see them again.

"Luke will be informing you of everything once we arrived at Bevelon."

"But I thought I had to be dropped off in the building where you were supposed to pick me up. Why have you come personally to pick me up?"

"Because I wished to see with my own eyes if you truly did match her features as much as in that picture."

At his words, my heart skipped a beat. "Her features?"

He nodded. "Yes, the features of a girl I knew long ago. A girl that had won my son's heart."

Oh, I suddenly don't like where this is going.

"Do you believe in reincarnation, Kendra?"

I shook my head, not knowing what else to do.

"I do."

He placed the papers inside a folder before grabbing a briefcase that was beside his feet on the floor. He opened it, then placed the folder inside. He took a picture out, then handed it to me. With shuddering hands, I took it and was stunned at how much indeed the girl in the picture looked like me. She wore a beautiful golden gown, a beaming smile on her face. Beside her stood a dark-haired man with piercing blue eyes, which stood out against his sun-kissed skin. He somewhat looked like the one sitting beside me; except he appeared much, much younger.

"My similarity to her is nothing but coincidence."

He took the picture from my hands, then stared at it for a brief moment before placing it inside the briefcase. For a slight moment, the pain in his eyes tore right through me, but I remembered this was one of those creatures that I hated since I could remember.

"You humans think we are different." He turned his face to lock gazes with me. "But we are not. Just like you, we laugh, cry...we suffer for those we lose."

"Except you live in luxury while most in the sectors starve to death. Only those with enough money get the best, right?"

At that, his eyes flickered gold, and I resisted the urge to move away, to press up against the other side of the car. "Here is the deal, do as I say or I will exterminate them all: your family, friends, everyone you care for."

Eyes wide with terror, my gaze averted. "What do you want from me?"

"My son has been depressed for losing her for far too long. I want you to try to get him out of that depression."

"How am I supposed to do that?" I thought for a moment. "In my opinion, what your son needs is a therapist."

His smile grew from ear to ear. It was amazing how this man beside me appeared to be like any other human I knew, but of course, I knew better than to fall for the facade. Behind that handsome face, there was something terrifying.

He reached out toward me, but before he could touch my cheek, I flinched away. This entire ride was nothing like I had expected. He did threatened me, but through the entire time we had talked, he never once treated me like someone lower in the food chain.

"All you have to do is manage to get him to leave that damn room he has locked himself in."

His son was really deep in a depression to do something like that. If nothing had been able to force him out, why did this man believe I would?

"Your first objective is to get him out, then help him get better before he drowns in all that grief." He pulled out a small piece of paper and handed it to me.

At a loss for words, I stared at him. This couldn't be possible. The family of the person who got chosen did receive money every month, but this amount was beyond what I had believed. It would help my family—I could even help Bonnie's too. All I had to do was to make his son happy again, but how could I do that? How could I even get him out of his sanctuary?

"To everyone in the household, you will be my son's pet."

At the relief of his words, I smiled.

"That smile right there will be capable of making my son better."

Then it hit me. Did I smile in the picture? I didn't think so.

He pulled a folder out of the briefcase and handed it to me. "I have been searching for someone to help me for over one-hundred years. One of the guards in the sector noticed your similarities with Annabel. He followed you through the sector and took these."

I opened the folder to find pictures of me with my friends and family. Eyes wide, I looked through them. In most of the pictures, I was smiling. Of course, I was. I was surrounded by the people I loved, unaware there was someone taking pictures of me. I had tried so hard to not stand out on that picture to no avail.

This man already knew everything about me.

"Kendra, you are wrong about my kind."

Eyebrow raised, I stared at him with disgust. "No. I think I'm right."

He shook his head, then ran a hand through his dirty-blond hair. "Why is it that your kind believes my kind to own no heart? Didn't I show mercy when I allowed all of you to live? I could have annihilated every single one of you for killing those who I cared for, but I did not judge your entire race based on the actions of a couple."

Now, my heart began to hammer against my rib-cage. Suddenly, the air in the car didn't seem to reach my lungs as I scurried to the other end of the seat, pushing my back against the door. Shaking my head in disbelieve, I inhaled, then exhaled.

"No. No."

He massaged his temple. "Please do not freak out."

No wonder his name sounded so familiar. How didn't I recognized it and the name Luke too? Luke was the right hand of King Nicolas, the werewolf king.

"I promise you that no harm will come to you. All the humans living in Aaron's home are well. They will make you feel like at home."

I shook my head. "I want to return home, please." Remembering what Sammy had said, I accumulated enough strength to say what I wanted to say next. I was mad at Sammy, but at the moment, he was my only escape from this. "Sammuel Evans is willing to pay for my freedom."

"Is he your lover?"

At that, my cheeks flamed. "Yes. We were going to get married." Oh, my. Why did I just lie?

"He came to the registration office and offered a nice amount for your release, but no amount will convince me into releasing you from this contract."

He pulled a golden paper out and handed it to me. When he grabbed hold of my free hand, he raised it to his lips before biting the tip. Pressing my bottom lip between my teeth, I stifled the small cry from escaping. A bead of blood formed on the tip of my finger before he ran it across the bottom of the paper. I watched enthralled as the blood formed my initials. Now, I was defiantly stuck in Bevelon until I managed to do what he asked for.

For my relief, the rest of the ride was silent. It was said these cars moved to the speed of light, and to be honest, it did feel only like twenty minutes before we came to a complete stop. The windows of the car had turned completely black after we had passed the gates of the sector and crossed the bridge that had seemed endless.

I had lived all my life in Sector fifteen without knowing it was located on a small island. I had dreamt of seeing the ocean. It was as beautiful as I had dreamt it was. The smell in the air and sound of the waves was amazing.

Now, I couldn't see anything through the glass. Perhaps, the King didn't want me seeing anything beyond my sector. Or he didn't want any supernatural being to see me. Eyes filled with curiosity, I turned my face to find him searching through his phone. He tapped on the screen and a hologram of a beautiful home appeared from it.

"This will be your new home."

He tapped the phone screen and the hologram vanished. When he glanced in my direction, my eyes averted. The doors were opened, but before I had the chance to step out on my own, I was grabbed by my upper arms, then pulled into a building that seemed to reach the clouds. I had no time to admire the scenery as I was dragged into the elegant building, then the elevator.

"I can walk on my own, release me."

Neither of the guards spoke.

The elevator opened to reveal a large empty corridor. One of the guards peeked their head out, confusing me. Then, I was pulled into the corridor.

"Why are you two in such a rush?"

At the deep voice, I looked over my shoulder to find a young male standing behind us. The guards released me and pushed me behind them as if protecting me. Eyes narrowed in confusion, I took a step back, rubbing my arms where they had held me from.

"She really does look like Annabel." The male tried to step closer but was held back by Luke. For a brief moment, I was dazed at the fact that he wasn't there a second ago. The male jerked away and raised his hands in surrender. "I was just curious to see her. She is the one to save Aaron, is she not? What a pity if something was to happen to her."

An animalistic sound escaped Luke's lips before he grabbed the male by the collar of his shirt and shoved him against the wall. The male hissed after his head almost bounced off the wall at impact. "Joshua, you try anything and I will rip your heart out."

"Many are very curious to meet the human girl who looks like the best warrior to have ever existed...the woman the wolf prince loved. You should worry about them, not me." He pushed Luke back, then fixed the collar of his shirt before walking down the corridor in the opposite direction.

"Take her to the room. I'll be there in a minute."

Once again, I was grabbed by my upper arms and pulled toward the room at the end of the hallway. I was pushed inside then the door was closed before I had the opportunity to try to escape. For a couple of minutes, I banged my knuckles against the white door, ignoring the throbbing in my fist. When my knuckles began to bleed, I stopped and turned to face the room.

I sat down on the edge of the enormous bed, facing the large screen television. Then, I threw myself back, staring at the chandelier above me in wonder. I had never seen anything so beautiful. I heaved out of the bed, heading toward the large window. For some unknown reason, the window was tinted to the point that I couldn't look outside.

When the door opened, I turned, heart about to explode. Luke and Nicolas walked into the room before shutting the door behind them. Luke gave me a warm smile before heading to what I guessed was the bathroom.

Nicolas stepped closer to me then turned toward the window. "I'm sorry I had them drag you in here, but it was something that had to be done. If anyone sees you, they might try to take you."

Heart about to explode, I clasped my hands in front of me. "Why? Why did that man say that I was going to save your son? I'm nothing but a human, someone forced to leave her family and friends behind...Why did you really choose me?"

"I chose you because I like your spirit, because I know that you can bring him back."

"Bring him back?" I asked, slightly confused.

"Kendra, I know you know that I'm capable of shifting into a wolf."

I nodded.

"Well, my son has been one for about one-hundred years."

"What?" Eyes wide, I took a step back.

One thing was helping a human out of their depression, but how was I supposed to get a wolf to turn back into his human form?

I was supposed to tame one of the most dangerous creatures in the world.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

800K 26.6K 48
A werewolf. A mate. The cliche alpha rejects his mate story. But it's all too real for Charlie. Where can she even go? Her pack pretty much ignores h...
3.8M 119K 36
Everly is a werewolf living in a pack where no one wants her. Her mother and father don't treat her the same as her beautiful sister. She has learned...
1.9K 242 12
A human took everything from her. To escape the pain and heart wrenching emotions of loss, she fled into her wolf form and into the wilderness. She v...
1.1M 33.4K 28
Jade is a 15 year old girl. She is different from everyone in her pack. Because her eyes are multicolored she's bullied because no one has ever seen...