The Patient's Painkiller is a...

By ChickenStripping

Peter Parker, a psychologist, insists on taking a patient everyone strongly advises against. ((Cover art used... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51

Chapter 38

1.7K 86 30
By ChickenStripping

Peter had filled Wade in on his past week with Ellie and Wade had done the same, giving his little diary to Peter to read.

The white walls of this place seemed colorful with Peter present, his own heart even did a little happy dance at the sight of the man, happy he looked healthy-

And Peter did look healthy. His skin was glowing and his eye bags seemed less defined than before, cheeks that had once been pale were more rosy and his smile a little more realistic.

The brunette filled him in on how Ellie had kneed someone in the face and Wade felt both pride and perhaps a bit regret with how Peter crossed his arms in disapproval, telling him how the action could’ve damaged someone’s neck with the action (that was part of the whole self defense thing though…so Wade already knew).

Peter also stated how Ellie’s favorite toy was one of his own stuffed animals (Which cute??? Petey has stuffed toys???!!!?!!) that he had given her, telling him how Ellie had compared it to Wade before describing the toy in great detail- in short, lucha libre Hello Kitty.

Adorably enough, Peter still seemed a bit grumpy at having missed a whole week of work- especially during the first days Ellie had been in so it wasn’t like he was able to tell Wade but Wade had told him it was for the best as he wouldn’t have wanted his baby all alone in a new house.

How he wishes he could see her but knows it was a bit of a stretch especially since it was barely a month or so ago when people thought he was still some rabid dog who needed to be put down (he heard the rumours)- there wasn’t any way he could get visitors yet…

But that was ok, for now, he told himself. Petey would keep him updated on his girl and he would help Wade improve just as before, encouraging him to be better… because Wade would be better, he had to if he ever wanted to be with his daughter again and maybe hang out with Peter-

“What?” he blinked in surprise

“Is something the matter?” Peter tilted his head curiously, sat in front of him with his full chess pieces that kept eating away Wade’s

Shaking the thoughts and Peter’s question away, Wade returned to pay attention in the game, wanting to impress Peter with at least one win.

“Checkmate” Peter said when it was his turn and Wade deflated, laying his head on the table in defeat. His disappointment was more of drama though, as he loved to hear Peter’s amused giggle every time he dramatically sighed and laid on the table.

“Perhaps we should try play something else” Peter offered, covering his mouth as he usually did when he laughed “do you have anything in mind?”

Wade shook his head but sat up once again, happy to see warmth in Peter’s brown eyes.

They were in the game room, Peter with a small cup of coffee by his side that was the color of his hair and eyes and, ddly enough, the scent made Wade relax

“Because it smells like Petey” Yellow said dreamingly

“Yeah it does” Wade sighed in reply, resting his hands on his cheeks as he watched Peter tilt his head yet again.

“Dumbass, you said that out loud” White informed and Wade became painfully aware of Peter’s keen eyes, watching and pulling theories already.

Standing up all of the sudden, because he needed to distract Peter before he noticed just how crazy he was, Wade rushed towards the shelf full of games and hurriedly tried to pick something else to play, something else to fill Peter’s mind.

A minute after, Peter sat next to him, the chess box tidy and ready to be put back in place. He didn't speak nor point out Wade’s slip up, but, as much Wade felt thankful, Wade knew Peter was just filing it away for another day as usual…always seeming to drag information out of Wade with those sun-like eyes.

“Try video games” Yellow gasped “maybe he sucks at those”

Happy with any chance to jump into a distraction, Wade gently tugged on Peter’s sleeve and pointed towards the tv used for games, giving Peter a challenging look that he wasn’t sure was being conveyed through the mask.

“Oh!” Peter blinked in surprise “sure, you can play that” he smiled, standing up to sit on one of the cushions set before the tv.

“He said you…either he doesnt want to play with you or he’s avoiding it” White hummed and Wade grinned from beneath his mask.

Sitting besides Peter, Wade took both controllers in hand and handed one to Peter, shoving it onto his lap so he wouldn’t have a chance to refuse.

“Oh! I couldn’t-“ Peter had tried to say so Wade did his best impression of being disappointed, lowering his head and frowning as he slowly reached to take the controller back.

“No! I can play” Peter quickly said, wide eyes filled with guilt “I just thought…you’d like to play alone is all” he lied, because Wade knew it was a lie.

Sure, he could feel bad for pulling on Peter’s poor people pleasing mind but he couldn’t bring himself to feel bad as they began to play games and Peter was absolutely awful at it.

Wade glanced besides him, snickering at Peter’s furrowed brows as he fumbled with the buttons of the controller. He kept his head forward so Peter didn't know he was being watched but he couldn’t help laughing at Peter’s pouty face from having heard Wade snicker at him.

“He sucks so bad, it's adorable” Yellow sighed and Wade nodded, turning to get a proper look of Peter’s concentrated expression- he was turning with the controller just to make his own car in the game turn and Wade had to cover his mouth because that was the most adorable-pathetic thing he had ever seen.

“Yes, yes, laugh all you want” Peter sighed, dropping his controller eventually. Despite his pain filled voice, his lips tugged into an amused smile as he watched Wade win against him at last.

With a loud whoop, Wade lifted his arms in victory and turned to grin at Peter who laughed in turn.

“Amazing” Peter rolled his eyes playfully “A true game master, how will I ever become as great?” his voice was filled with sarcasm and Wade slowly lowered his arms with wide eyes because Peter wasn’t being professional- he wasn’t being his usual control of every blink and breath guy that he usually was… Peter was relaxed and his barriers were down.

Wade watched with fascination as Peter turned to him again, eyebrow raised in question, seeming not to realize his own slip up-

“Dont let him notice it!” Yellow shouted and Wade quickly booped Peter in his little button nose because that’s definitely the only way he could have stopped him from noticing

“there are so many other ways” White said

“No other way” Yellow whispered seriously and Wade mentally agreed.

Peter’s eyes went cross-eyed as he attempted to look at Wade’s finger before his nose scrunched up and he shook his head- Wade could hear Yellow squeal in his head and even White let out a small coo.

Smiling with both amusement and confusion, Peter finally stood up, checking his watch in the process.

“It is best we return now” he says and offers his hand to help Wade up

“Dont do it” White warns

“Do it! Do it!” Yellow chanted

Slowly, Wade reached up and took Peter’s hand, his own hand sliding up so he held his wrist instead. Grabbing the thin wrist filled Wade with the desire to fill the man with his own dishes, fatten him up because there's no way this man eats enough…

Wade also realized that he could most likely hold two of those wrists in a single hand and the thought made his stomach do some parkour in his belly.

Peter’s eyes, which had been soft and welcoming, slowly shifted into surprise as he realized what Wade was about to do- it was funny, really.
Finally, with a yank, Wade pulled Peter onto him, who yelped in surprise, instead of using his hand to help him up. The smaller man, collapsed onto him hitting his face on Wade’s chest and landing on his knees, a hand set on each of Wade’s side.

“Wade” Peter huffed, nose red from where it had hit Wade’s chest and a pout on his face which was growing increasingly red as well in embarrassment.

Snickering, Wade stood up, looking down at Peter who remained on his hands and knees-

“I know other ways he can be on his kne—“

“Shut up” White interrupted

Wade crouched down with amusement, offering both his hand for Peter to take, his own chest joining in on the backflips his stomach seemed to do when Peter's smaller and thin hands connected with his, his own smile soft as he shook his head with a chuckle.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 122 1
Even when the universe wins, Peter Parker loses. (Contrary to the summary, this is in fact an Endgame fix-it fic)
Stronger By Ava

Fanfiction

28K 901 18
Peter Parker had a perfect life. When he was born, maybe. But not now. Never in a million years could this be a perfect life. Extended summary inside...
14.2K 229 23
Oneshots I wrote for Spideypool. Cover art by me
181K 5.6K 16
(WARNING: SELF HARM) Spiderman (Peter Parker) has an addiction....with cutting himself. It all started when his Aunt May was diagnosed with Cancer...