All Roads Lead to You (Trafal...

By Chaapanya

You've been with your boyfriend, Trafalgar Law, for two peaceful years. Med school is going well for him and... More

Another Year of You
Silence and Motion
The Hoodie
His First Happiness
Over the Spider Lilies
+1-518-555-0182
White Rabbit
One Man Army
Long Fall
Mugiwara
Freedom's Call
Clipping His Wings

Day Off

1K 33 49
By Chaapanya

Sunlight streamed in through the window over the kitchen sink, dappling the white tiles with gentle radiance and sweeping across the island counter in the center of the room. A petal fell from the sunflowers you'd picked from outside a few weeks ago and placed on the kitchen island as you moved about, preparing a mug of coffee. You don't normally like to take too much from your garden, but it was already October and the pretty blooms would be fading soon until the next year. You figured there would be no harm having a few in the kitchen to brighten the place up.

The house you lived in was a quaint little place, not too big, but not too small, on the distant outskirts of a large city. It was the perfect place for you to continue to pursue your dream career as an author without having to worry about too much crime or the obnoxious noise of traffic, plus it was a nice last gift to you from your late father. It needed a lot of work since it had been vacant for so long, but with your inheritance and a bit of hard work, it had paid off in the end. You had a place to call your own for the past four years, a comfortable career, and a large nest egg to cushion your expenses; you were happy.

That was not the only thing bringing joy into your life however. Your eyes flicked up from your phone as the coffee pot gurgled and the sensor screamed at you to tell you it was done. Today felt like it was promising to be a good day and you stretched before getting up to fix up a mug. A spoon of sugar and just a dash of cream; you'd gotten so good at this that you could practically make it with your eyes closed. You gave it a good stir before putting the spoon in the sink and carefully grabbing the mug of steaming hot bean juice. Next destination: the bedroom.

Your feet padded through the solid wood hall, pausing only briefly to glance at the pictures. You didn't have any pictures saved of Dad, but your memory would never forget his smile. Thankfully though, you had plenty of photos to spare of Grandad. You grinned at the picture of the ridiculously tall man with the gray afro and long thin beard. A seagull was securely standing on his head and a large grin was plastered to his face. The picture below was taken shortly after, showcasing him sharing his favorite snack of fried rice crackers with the seagull.

'I should call Grandad sometime and tell him how things are going.' You thought, continuing down the hall and hanging a right into the bedroom.

Inside, still lost in a deep sleep, was your fourth happiness. You gently placed the coffee mug on the bedside table and sat on the edge of the bed. Sometimes it still befuddled you how you'd managed to catch the attention of such a gorgeous man. Even after two years of being together, you couldn't help but just stop to admire his features. Your eyes traveled up his back from his waist, taking in his back muscles and thick lined tattoos. Messy, thick raven hair fell across the pillow and against his forehead, hiding thin brows and thick eyelashes that almost seemed wasted on a man. You crinkled your nose at him with a little jealousy. His tanned skin was flawless and yet the guy had absolutely no skin care routine, meanwhile if you didn't have the perfect pH balance, you broke out almost immediately.

Reaching forward, you brushed the strands of black hair off his forehead before moving your fingers down to trace the sharp line of his jaw down to his goatee. The touch made his murmur in his sleep and nestle deeper into the pillow, pulling a soft giggle from you. Med school must have been extra harsh on him yesterday to make him sleep in this late. He had to be the only man on earth that could make dark circles under the eyes look so good.

"Law." You cooed to him softly, running delicate fingers across his back. "It's time to get up, babes. It's almost one in the afternoon."

A shiver passed through him from the grazing of your fingers and his eyebrows twitched. He blinked open piercing steel gray eyes, focusing them on you slowly as a little smile pulled at the corners of his mouth.

"G'morning, (Y/n)-ya." His low sleepy voice grumbled. It sent your heart spinning into orbit. "You could have woken me earlier."

"I wanted to let you sleep a bit more." You said, returning his smile. "Don't you have class at three today?"

A deep sigh came from him as his body tensed with a stretch. "I have off today. Professor had an urgent meeting to attend so it's self study."

"Ah that's good. You look like you need a day off." You glance up at the clock on the nightstand. "I wanted to head into the city today to do a little shopping. Would you like to come with me?"

His arm shot out from under the pillow and wrapped around yours, pulling you into the bed with him. You squeaked in surprise as you were dragged, his muscular arms wrapping around you. You settled into his chest once your surprise passed. He was warm and smelled wonderful.

"How about you come spend the day in bed with me instead?" Law murmured. His hand slid up your thigh and gently squeezed your ass while the other entwined loving fingers through your hair.

"Your offer is super tempting." You purred, enjoying his touch.

Despite his chilly exterior, Law had a very hands on love language that had taken you by surprise when you first got together. You certainly had no objections to this, you could hardly keep your own hands off him. At least in private. In public, you kept it to simple hand holding and maybe a few kisses stolen when no one was looking.

"Tempting, but yet..." He knew you too well.

You giggled. "I'm craving some tea. You know, the kind with the little tapioca pearls in the bottom? And I really want to go to the bookstore, too."

A rumbling hum came from him and he tilted his face down to kiss your forehead. "Of course I'll go with you, little love."

"We can stop for sushi and onigiri while we're out." You offered, basking in his kisses and honeyed words.

Law's eyebrows raised and he paused mid kiss. "Oh, well why didn't you say so sooner? Let me take a shower and get dressed and we can go."

"I can't use my secret weapon too often or it won't be as effective." You laughed as Law stretched again and got up. "I made you some coffee, by the way. I'll wait for you in the kitchen so take your time."

You got up to leave and were jerked back as Law turned and grabbed your hand. In one smooth action, he spun you around and leaned down, planting a kiss on your lips. You shivered as you relaxed and leaned into it, letting him deepen the kiss. It made you vaguely light headed even after experiencing it so many times.

"Thanks for the coffee, (Y/n)-ya. I won't be long." He said as he broke off and tapped your nose with a little smirk.

You blushed and nodded, leaving the bedroom and padding back down the hallway and into the kitchen. That man was going to give you a heart attack one of these days.

~~~~~~~~~~

The car ride into the city was nice until you hit traffic. Law insisted on driving, knowing how bad your nerves were about the aggressive city traffic, holding the keys high above your head and out of reach. You had planned to pout the entire way there, but you forgot somewhere along the way and ended up chattering to him instead. He wasn't much of a small talk type, but he still loved to listen to you and all your crazy ideas you dreamt up.

Law's entertained smirk rested on his face all the way up until you hit city traffic. It didn't take long for his smirk to melt into an irritated scowl. City drivers tended to move like they were either blind or just plain invincible, resulting in Law being cut off once or twice and having to throw his arm out in front of you when he slammed on the brakes. You knew the seatbelt would stop you from smacking your head against the dashboard, but his protective action was endearing and one of your favorite things he seemed to do subconsciously so you never said a word.

"You're kidding." Law growled under his breath as a lively red headed man stole his parking spot and gave him the finger on his way past. His eyebrow twitched and you were suddenly so glad you were getting him onigiri later.

"There's a spot over there." You offered and Law shot you a grateful look.

"Where to first, then?" Law asked as he stepped long legs out of the car and locked it behind him, pocketing the keys. "Your tea?"

You stretched after the long drive and nodded eagerly. "Yes please!"

Law chuckled and rounded the car, falling into step next to you. As you walked, he reached for your hand and laced his fingers with yours, keeping them warm against the early October chill. You looked up at him. Your lover had a resting bitch face for sure, but somehow he made it work. Today he wore a plain yellow shirt along with a black overcoat, his second favorite blue jeans with the frayed knees, and a white scarf. You squinted; something seemed oddly off.

"Where's your hat?" You asked, noticing the absence of his usual black spotted, white wool skipper. "No way you lost it, you never go anywhere without it."

"Oh I just wanted to try something new today." He said to you with a smirk, tugging on the lip of the black bucket hat atop his head.

There was a subtle flicker in his eyes of hesitation that you almost missed, but it was there and gone so fast that you couldn't be sure. You decided not to press it. You'd been together for two years and he'd never lied to you during that time, you had no reason to start doubting his words now. It also seemed like such a silly thing to lie about anyway.

"One brown sugar milk tea with extra tapioca pearls!" You ordered with a charming smile. You were so excited for the tea, you could hardly sit still. It was like crack to you. "Large, please!"

"That'll be $5.84." The cashier said with a strained smile. It had clearly been a long shift for them.

You rooted through your purse for your card, plucking it out to slip into the card reader, but Law got to it first. He reached over your shoulder and popped his in, waiting for it to register.

"Aren't you saving?" You said with a mild panic. "It's fine, I could've paid."

"I've got it." He rumbled with a charming half smile. "I'll let you cover dinner."

You and the cashier both blushed. Effortless charisma and smooth movements; his bedside manner as a doctor was going to be superb, you thought.

Law took back his card and put it back in his wallet as you moved to the side to let the next customer order. The cashier continued to flick interested eyes at him, making you bristle. While you weren't very big on PDA, you were huge on protecting what was clearly yours. You didn't hesitate to reach up to his cheeks and pull him down, dropping a firm kiss on his lips as you held a malicious side eye with the cashier.

"I think you made your point very clear." Mused Law when you released him and the cashier busied themselves with everything they could possibly find to do.

"You'd think it would have been clear enough when you were practically spooning me in line." You huffed and crossed your arms. You turned a pointed stare on him. "You're too pretty."

"Me?" Law smirked and raised an elegant brow. "Little love, the only reason I was standing so close to your backside in that line was because you were being stared down by a group of men outside."

Your face flushed making Law chuckle. You didn't think all too much of yourself and most days you didn't go out of your way to look spectacular since you worked comfortably from home, but every now and then you were reminded of your voluptuous assets from your waist down.

"Oh." You answered in a tiny voice.

Law leaned down, his cologne wrapping around you. "Only I'm allowed to stare at your ass for that long." He whispered with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

The apples of your cheeks flushed a deeper red. He was pushing your buttons on purpose.

"One large brown sugar boba! Extra pearls?!"

"AHA THAT'S ME!" You exclaimed, pressing your whole palm into Law's face to push him away and turn to the person holding your drink. You needed to put a little distance quickly or the blush was going to become a permanent addition to your face.

"Umph!" Law grunted and gingerly rubbed his nose as you stabbed the straw into the top. Despite your man handling of his face, he still chuckled at your reaction. Teasing you was truly his favorite pastime.

After leaving the tea shop, you both walked to the bookstore, passing by a few windows that caught your interest. It took a lot of effort not to spend money impulsively on things you thought would look cute to wear or place around the house, but Law was always there to tug you along before you got any ideas. You definitely appreciated it, although sometimes it made you super frustrated.

"Spend your money on books." He said and shook his head. "You didn't need another hoodie. You already have twelve of them."

"You can never have enough hoodies." You argued, pushing open the door to the bookstore. You gave him your award winning pout, narrowing your eyes and puffing your cheeks. "It was so cute too. I can't believe you!"

Law hummed and reached forward, pushing his fingers into your cheeks to deflate them. "You'll just steal one of my hoodies as payment, like always. I'm not too worried."

"I'm gunna steal your favorite one then."

"Not if I wear it first."

You gave him a devious grin. "I'm gunna hide it when we get home."

"Your short legs will never make it there before mine." Law said, matching your attitude.

"I'm not short!" You frowned.

Law leaned down, really rubbing it in. "Short stack."

"Oh you!" You trembled with frustration and turned on your heel to browse the books. Behind you, you could hear Law's rumbling victorious laugh. You'd get him back later by hiding croutons in his coat pockets.

The time spent at the bookstore was short. You looked over the manga and found copies of the series you were collecting before wandering over to the fantasy section. Along with manga, these books were your favorites. Getting lost in another world was a wonderful release for you and it helped to enrich your own writing even more. You picked out a few books before going to find your lover. Law had wandered off on his own and you finally found him flipping through a book in the history section.

"Find something interesting?" You chirped, peeking over the lip of the book.

"Just something to pass the time." Replied Law and closed the book, placing it back on the shelf. He turned to you with a little smirk. "Ready to go?"

"Just need to pay for these." You beamed and he nodded, following after you to the front. While you busied yourself with paying for the piece of literature, Law turned to focus on something that caught the corner of his eye.

"(Y/n)-ya." He called over his shoulder. "Take a look."

You took your receipt with thanks and shuffled over to him. Your first book was on display along with a little backboard that contained a small synopsis of the book and details about you, the author. The sight made you smile despite the knot that formed in your stomach. You'd published a best seller, but almost immediately after, writer's block sank its fangs in your thoughts and it didn't feel like it had any intention of leaving anytime soon.

"You did well." Law said softly from his spot next to you. He looked down at you with one of his rare genuine smiles. "I'm proud of you."

You wanted to melt. A warmth spread through you all the way down to your toes as you basked in his praise. You must have given him a satisfied look because he chuckled and wrapped his arm around your shoulder, walking you out of the bookstore.

"Let's go get dinner."

~~~~~~~~~~

"You didn't try to stop them?" You asked, furrowing your brow. Law had just finished telling you about a little fight that had broken out on campus yesterday while you ate your sushi.

"And make myself more of an enemy of Eustass Kid? I don't need the hassle." Law answered, finishing his bite of onigiri. He smirked. "Besides, it was entertaining to watch. Free good entertainment is hard to come by these days."

You remembered despite the warmth he showed you every day, Law still had a love for watching violence and chaos. You weren't sure how you felt about a man studying to be a doctor enjoying the sight of people smacking the crap out of each other, but you weren't about to yuck his yum. You had little quirks you were sure he wasn't fond of that he didn't pick at; you would give him the same respect.

"So what happened? How did it end?" You questioned, picking up a spicy crab roll to pop in your mouth.

"Oh Eustass beat the shit out of the guy. Don't know what it was over, don't really care either. I left before the campus police showed up. I didn't want them getting the wrong idea that I was somehow involved." He said with a little shrug.

"Huh well maybe he's expelled now and you'll never have to see him again."

"A dream come true. Now if only I didn't have to deal with him stealing my parking spaces too."

You giggled. Although the two of you lived together, you didn't go on dates very often. Law was always busy with school and you were busy with your writing and tending to the house. Having time to just spend with one another like this was nice.

"Have you started work on your next book?" Law asked and finished his second onigiri.

The knot formed in your stomach again and you frowned. "No. I can't seem to figure out what to write. Everytime I start on something, it doesn't feel right and I end up deleting all of it."

"You bought some new books today. Don't those help you with your writing?"

"Yeah, but lately it hasn't been enough. I don't know what to do to beat this writer's block. I need inspiration from something fresh and new."

Law reached forward and took your hand across the table, giving you a sympathetic smile. "Have patience. You'll figure something out, I know it."

You returned his smile wearily. "You think?"

"Of course. And then I won't be able to get you away from your keyboard for weeks." Law chuckled and stole one of your sushi. "Come to bed, (Y/n)-ya. Oh in a minute, I just want to finish this page. Cut to three hours later..."

You pouted at his mocking. "It's not that bad."

"You would say that, you little brat." Law smirked and placed his chopsticks down. "Our love making always takes a hit when you get inspired. I'm coming to physically drag you away next time."

"Don't you dare! Put your hands on me while I'm in the zone and I'll sink my teeth into you!" You blushed when he gave you a heavy lidded look. "I- Stop!"

A playful chuckle escaped his lips and his steel eyes glittered. "You make my job too easy, (Y/n)-ya."

"And what would that be?"

"Loving you."

You froze, eyes wide and blush deepening. You wouldn't let him get away with this twice in a row. "How sweet. How about I make it even easier when we get home?" You said softly with a little mischievous grin after you recovered from your initial shock.

It was Law's turn to be taken aback. You watched a subtle sweep of color come into his cheeks, something that rarely happened. Finally he chuckled and returned your smirk. It would be a good night.

~A/N~

Hello! This is my very first fanfiction (literally ever) and I'm already really pleased with its direction. While I want to leave y/n as blank of a slate as possible for people to imprint themselves on, there's a few qualities I really wanted to push forward that I think would be to Law's personal taste and character.

As of now, I am making this the first of a series! Book 2, Sun and Moon, is complete and Book 3, Scarlet Humanity, is in progress with Book 4, Nature's Bounty, already in it's planning stages. These will all be uploaded to here, so please go give them a read as they all are connected to one another. Also feel free to leave comments as I'd love to read them and see what parts everyone enjoyed the most!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 4.8K 27
In their travel through the New World, the Heart Pirates land in an island known for being covered by a thick fog once every hundred years. However...
139K 6K 27
Donquixote Doflamingo X Florist Reader Modern AU (Y/n) (L/n) is a florist in the city of Dressrosa. There she meets Donquixote Doflamingo; what start...
98.6K 3.6K 32
Law was supposed to become the third one to sit in that heart seat. But now, it was you. You were friends with law. Doflamingo took you in just a wee...
6.3K 317 17
"Ichiji, you are absolutely insufferable!" That was putting it lightly. Ever since the prideful crimson drug lord had taken interest in you, the man...