Melody's Crush

Galing kay AloraDillon

Aren't one sided crushes fun? NOT! 18 year old Melody Jenkins has spent the last 3 years of high school crush... Higit pa

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Final Chapter

Chapter 26

2.7K 110 10
Galing kay AloraDillon

Knuckles rapped on my door as I was packing up my notebooks into my bag.

"Come in," I yelled not wanting to waste a trip to the door.

The door handle turned and in stepped Max with a football in his hand. Blinking in surprise, I stood still waiting for him to speak. His eyes trailed around the room as if seeing it for the first time. His lips curled a little in disgust before his eyes settled back on me.

"You coming?" he asked.

"Uh... going where?" I asked shaking my head in confusion.

"Football."

For an academy boy, he didn't use a lot of words.

I shrugged my shoulders. Why the heck not. It was better than staying cooped up for the next couple hours twiddling my thumbs. Besides, I needed the exercise.

"Let me change," I said and flicked my hand gesturing him to step out. "Shoo."

His eyebrow lifted as he cocked a mischievous half grin that looked so much like Kyle's I had to steal a double take.

What was that kid up to?

I changed into a pair of sweatpants that I normally wore to bed and a plain white t-shirt that hugged my rib cage and abdomen. Reaching for my shoes, I slipped into the sneakers, tied them before tucking the laces down the sides of my feet to prevent me from tripping while playing.

Opening the door, Max whirled around and stopped as he stared at my apparel. For some reason, he swallowed hard causing me to furrow my eyebrows.

"What, my clothes don't meet with your approval either?" I asked sourly.

He blinked a few times. "No. Just you," he said bluntly while turning, leading me down the hall.

My hand came up for an air slap across the back of his head but quickly sliced to slide across my hair as I puckered up to whistle when he caught me doing so over his shoulder.

I smiled innocently at him before he turned to look forward again while my lips rippled with silent obscenities.

We met up with Kyle on a well-manicured lawn surrounded by exquisite landscaping that had Jake's mother's garden paling in comparison. The sun was setting low in the sky throwing the background into shadows.

It was obvious now more than ever that baby brother Maxi had something up his sleeve when I saw Kyle's eyebrows pull together in question as to why I was there. Narrowing my eyes at Max, I snarled as he mischievously smiled.

"Alright." Max slapped the ball in his hands causing Kyle's jaw to tense. "This is how we play." He pointed a finger while still palming the football gesturing between him and his brother. "One of us throws the ball," he motioned a fake throw over his shoulder as he raised an eyebrow. "You with me so far?"

I popped my hip out and crossed my arms glaring at him. He suppressed a smile while continuing. "Then you... catch it," he said as if explaining the game to a five year old. His arms dramatically wrapped around the ball at his abdomen before popping out into a Heisman pose. "Then you run, run, run toward the in zone before one of us can tackle you."

"No tackling," Kyle warned his brother.

"Okay, fine. I'll rephrase," he said disappointed. "While one of us pushes you to the ground." He grinned.

My eyes narrowed. He just wanted to cause me bodily harm while using the excuse it was all in the name of fun.

Ho ho ho. Little boy blue eyes had no clue who he was dealing with.

"Tackling is fine," I said nonchalantly. "Two-handed tag is for pansies."

Max's eyebrows rose before his lips broke out into a heartthrob smile. "Yeah," he laughed with approval as he slapped the ball.

Kyle's eyes were furious. He started moving toward me so I picked up my feet and jogged to the other side of the lawn which was every bit half the length of a football field, turned and waited for the ball to be thrown.

Max popped his brother on the shoulder signaling him to step back and ready himself.

Max threw the ball up high on purpose so he could take off running. The ball bounced a few feet in front of me causing me to scramble to pick it up. Finally, I was able to hook the ball into the crook of my elbow against the side of my abdomen. Looking up, Max was almost on me as Kyle was running after him. My eyes widened as it was clear Max was ready to pile drive me. Half spinning on my heel, I extended my arm so my hand could clip and push at his shoulder as he dove causing him to trip and stumble to the ground face first. Completing the three sixty turn, I took off down the lawn passing a stunned Kyle and didn't stop until reaching the designated landmarks indicating the in zone.

"Woah!" I yelled before slamming the ball on the ground while doing the victorious knee dance.

Holy crap that felt good!

Placing my hands on my knees, I started laughing before collapsing to the ground rolling over on my back while kicking and shaking my fists in excitement.

After a few seconds, I dropped my limbs like heavy boulders to the ground as I sprawled them out as if I were about to make an angel in the grass.

My breathing was somewhat back to normal when Kyle towered over me, an amused expression tainting his face as he smiled. Unable to hold back my pleasure, I smiled back at him while giggling. Surprising, he extended his hand toward me. I hooked my thumb around his as he gently pulled me up to stand. His hand went to smack at my back, butt and thighs as he knocked the grass off me surprising me yet again. Grabbing my shoulders, he turned me around as he started picking at the stragglers that were in my hair. I whirled around slapping at his hands in protest just as Max walked up.

"You okay, Maxi?" I asked his brother. "You took a serious nose dive back there." My chin nodded in the direction behind him as my hands came to my hips.

He ignored me and bumped his upper arm against my shoulder deliberately as he passed to bend down for the ball.

I pushed the tip of my tongue just behind my teeth as I tried to suppress a grin.

Palming the ball, Max moved to stand in front of his brother as he shoved it into Kyle's abdomen with a little extra force. "My turn," he stated through clenched teeth.

Kyle and I waited until Max had jogged to the other side of the lawn.

"I'll tackle him. You just run toward him like you're going to," Kyle gave a quarterback command.

I nodded as I shook out my hands while bending my knees preparing myself to sprint. He nodded back at me while throwing me a wink.

Blink. Blink. Did Kyle just wink at me?

"Come on," Max cupped his hands around his lips yelling impatiently.

Kyle let out a long breath. I watched in awe as his torso twisted to the side, his elbow coming back over his shoulder. The muscles of his forearm along with his bicep flexed causing my mouth to drool as he released the ball high up into the air.

Kyle took off toward Max who was still waiting for the ball to come down. Taking that as my cue, I took off running about ten yards behind him.

Damn he was fast!

Max caught the ball just as Kyle was about to flatten him. However, he jigged left, then right before rolling on the ground and popping up like a weasel before taking off down the sideline toward the in zone.

I shifted my direction and headed toward him. Something spurred my feet to move like a lion chasing a gazelle. Leaping as hard as I could, I dove, my arms reaching out to latch around his chest as my shoulder drove into his side. We both flew through the air to land in a thud on the ground just a hair short from the in zone.

Dazed, we both laid there trying to catch our breath. I could feel the hard rise and fall of his chest as my arms were still latched tight around him.

Finally, I released my deathlike grip allowing us both to roll apart to lie on our backs, the ball wobbling out of his hand.

"Score," he said breathlessly.

"No you didn't!" I tried to snap through my labored breathing. "I took your ass down!" That last push of air caused me to start coughing.

Something started to rumble in his chest and I soon realize he was bubbling with laughter. I felt my chest jerking too as I started laughing as we both continued until Kyle came over to stare down at us as if we had lost our minds.

"Are you alright?" Kyle asked.

Max replied, "I'm fi..."

"Not you," he interrupted tartly. "Melody."

I rolled my head over to look at Max who turned to look at me smiling.

"I'm good," I said as if tackling a six foot two giant was something I did every day. "You?"

He shook his head. "Yeah, I'm good."

And the bond was created.

For the rest of the night, Max wouldn't let me leave his side which seemed to really irritate the crap out of Kyle. He invited me into his room and allowed me to sit in one of his comfy leather bean bag chairs that looked to cost a small fortune and even felt like a million bucks. On one of his walls, he had a huge screen TV that was hooked up to a lot of different gaming consoles.

I had never played any video games even though I knew about them. It was something I just never found interest in... until now.

How had I gone most of my preadolescent years without ever playing one of these? I found myself becoming addicted. My thumbs were getting sore along with the muscles in my forearms from the constant button pushing.

Max and I both screamed at each other as we battled one another on screen in an animated dueling game with characters that could do kicks, punches and special power moves if you pressed the buttons and levers in the right order. By the twentieth duel, I was finally getting the moves down and was able to give as good as I got.

Max shot up as his thumbs and fingers moved at lightning speeds across the controller yelling at his own character on the screen trying to encourage it to do better.

I shot up doing the same thing, my shoulder jabbing into his upper arm trying to throw him off.

Finally, I won a match. I jumped up and down screaming in delight. His hand went up and I slapped it in a high five.

"Holy crap, that was awesome!" I shrieked in excitement as I started shaking out my hands. They were killing me.

Max's eyes raked across my features as his eyes twinkled with amusement. "You have to come visit me from now on when I get vacation time from school."

"Okay," I said, my voice sounding all silly as I lifted a pinky. At first, Max stared at it like he had never seen a pinky before. I reached down for his wrist and lifted his hand to mine. Hooking my pinky around his, I said, "I promise."

He smiled while tightening his pinky around mine shaking it. "Cool," he said with a halfcocked grin.

Two hands landed on my shoulders from behind. My body was being pushed toward Max's bedroom door forcing our pinkies to unhook as I waved bye-bye. Tilting my head back, Kyle's head was upside down.

"I don't want to go," I protested halfheartedly with a smile.

"Bed," he commanded. "It's nearly midnight."

Straightening up, I let him deposit me into the hall and push me toward my door. He reached for the knob as I smacked at his hand even though it killed the tightened muscles in my forearm. "I got it from here," I said cutting my eyes at him.

Yeah, last time you were in my room...

A flush of heat swept over my cheeks causing me to swallow hard.

"Night, Mel," Max called out from his room. I peeked around Kyle. Max was waving at me.

Offering a mischievous smile, I replied, "Night, Maxi," before doing a one slice wave. His eyes narrowed at me, but only for a few seconds as he couldn't help but smile.

Opening the bedroom door, I stepped in and turned to close it. Shocked, I took a step back due to Kyle standing so close. Closing the door behind him, he turned to look at me causing my nerves to vibrate.

"Wha... what are you doing?" I backed away.

"Are you always so friendly with guys?" he asked, his tone a little harsh reminding me a little of how Jake would scold me.

"I was just... trying to be nice to your brother," I defended as I lifted a hand toward an imaginary Max.

"You practically have my brother drooling," his voice raised a little causing my eyes to widen.

"Wha... we were just," I shook my head in confusion, "playing a game."

"Yeah, well lucky for him you leave tomorrow."

That stung.

My eyes cut down to stare at his feet. The grinding of my teeth sounded like dynamite going off in my ears.

Letting out a breath, I looked up at Kyle and squinted an eye.

"Trust me. The only one happier than you about me leaving is me!"

"That's not what I meant."

"Yeah, well that's how it sounded."

He let out a defeated breath. I guess we were both coming to grips with our lives going back to the way they were.

Only I was going home to a snuffed out crush that Kyle was responsible for. At least he still had... Lia.

A thumping sounded on the door causing me to jerk.

Kyle dipped his chin down in annoyance as he reached for the door swinging it open quickly.

"What?" he barked.

Max was standing on the other side, an eyebrow rising as he looked to me, to his brother, then back to me again. Keeping his eyes locked with mine he said out loud while lifting his cellphone toward Kyle, "It's your girlfriend. She said you're not picking up your phone."

My eyes blinked while dropping my gaze to the floor so I didn't have to stare into Max's probing eyes any longer.

Kyle must have taken the call because the door closed and I was left alone in the room.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

45.9K 1.6K 34
In an all boys boarding school surrounded by football players 18 year olds Alex, Sam, Jason and Parker have two years left in school. Two years, to f...
6.9K 867 16
First love is hard enough. It's new and exciting and absolutely terrifying and maybe even unrequited. When it's difficult for Skyler to move on from...
4.9K 173 22
Guy looked at me with a serious expression on his face, "You know James, it seems to me like you might have a crush on me." I immediately got defensi...
193K 6K 39
"When I first met you, you were a complete stranger. But through time, I thought I really started to get to know you. To know the way you react to th...