[Best friends]

By Hal_21_

Lisa and Jennie have been best friends since forever. They went through it all together and doesn't matter wh... More

Prologue
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22

4

375 17 2
By Hal_21_

"So miss, care to tell us who's the boy you were talking to?"

Jisoo asked referring to the previous scene.

The girls were having lunch in holy peace, at their usual table in the cafeteria. They were all sitting down to eat, except Rosé who was already standing in line for another round of rice.

"Kai?"

Jennie asked with some food still in her mouth as she munched, making the blonde smile slightly from the other side of the table.

"Who?"

Jisoo asked, still not understanding who it was.

"Kim Jongin, Kai, the basketball team captain remember?"

"oh, that boy..."

Jisoo said not very convinced as she reconstructed the image of the boy in her head.

"Did he ask for your number?"

Lisa asked Jennie but her eyes not diverting from her food.

"Yup"

Jennie answered briefly.

"And you gave it to him?"

Jisoo joined

"Yup"

Jennie answered again

"Obviously..."

Lisa mumbled, this time failing to hide the disapproval and sorrow in her voice.
Jennie looked at her oddly not understanding the younger's "sudden" change of mood.

"Are you ok?"

She asked confused

"Huh? Yes, of course"

Lisa answered her, however, unable to paint a smile on her face, making it clear that something was visibly off.

Jennie looked at her with furrowed brows even more confused than before.

'What's wrong with her?...'

"Oh! I'm going to help Rosie-I'm coming!"

Jisoo flashed to the rescue of Chaeyoung that was hardly carrying four bowls of rice.

Lisa watched the scene as Jennie stared at her trying to figure out what was wrong with her best friend.

The blonde had that monotonous expression again, the expression Jennie knew all too well by now.

Jennie knew that when Lisa had that expression, it meant that she was thinking. A lot.

And Lisa always thinks a lot, about so many things, but sometimes something bothers her, and that expression pops up.

Jennie didn't like seeing her like that, it reminded her of the times when Lisa was still out of the reach for her and she didn't want to know anything about the brunette.

"Hey, really, what's wrong? You know you can tell me everything right?"

The brunette asked worriedly, placing her hand on top of Lisa's above the table.

Lisa quickly melted to the touch, but the memory of earlier brought her back to her senses.

"It's nothing, it's just that ..."

She froze in a moment of silence, thinking of the right words, as Jennie silently watched her waiting for an answer.

"Are you... going to do that again?..."

"What?"

"Get a random guy, have fun with him for a couple of weeks, break up and get hooked up with someone else right away?"

Lisa finally answered, the cold tone of her voice clearly audible.

"What?..."

Jennie was even more confused now.

It was rare for Lisa to comment on Jennie's love life. She refrained from making comments, and when she did, it was obvious that she didn't like what she was witnessing.

But Jennie didn't understand what her love life had to do with Lisa's sudden mood change.

"I...I don't understand ... Does it bother you?"

"See you with a different guy every month? Absolutely not, I couldn't care less."

"Of course..."

Jennie said in response, pulling her hand away from Lisa's, who didn't even deign to look at her.

A hint if bitter in Jennie's eyes that didn't talk to Lisa for the rest of the lunch.

--------------------

Classes were finally over, the girls were heading for the exit together like every day.

They had arranged to go to Chae's house to cook some cakes.

They were walking quietly when the boy from the cafeteria this morning, Jai or Kim Jonsin, Lisa could not remember the name, came dangerously close to Jennie offering her a lift and maybe even a date.

Lisa watched the scene indignantly.
The guy was visibly flirting with Jennie and didn't even have the education to greet the other three girls sideways.

Jennie sensed that kai wanted to invite her out, so she turned to the girls, eyeing them to ask permission if she could go with him.

She saw Jisoo staring at Kai. She didn't seem very happy to see him, and she seemed to be analyzing him with her almost black orbs.

Her gaze then passed to Rosé who, unlike Jisoo, wasn't even hiding the hatred in her eyes as she stared at the boy, as if trying to scare him away.

Then last she looked at Lisa, who was simply staring at the ground,with no expression on her face.

'As I thought ... She doesn't give a damn. '

Jennie thought as she looked at her best friend's disinterest in her.

'Since she doesn't care, it doesn't matter if I leave'

Jennie glared at Lisa before looking directly at Jisoo.

"You don't mind if I go, do you?"

Her tone hinted that regardless of the answer she would go in any case.

"Sure... You can go"

Jisoo told her, letting go of the poor boy who felt threatened by her disturbing gaze.

"Ok, bye bye"

She said, waving goodbye before intertwining her arm with Kai's.

Lisa was still staring at the ground, not wanting to look at Jennie because she was afraid that if she did, she would either cry, or slap her.

To avoid it, she simply ignored her.

She was still in her own world when she felt a hand on her shoulder

"And it's just us"

Jisoo said looking at the horizon. Squinting a bit her eyes while looking at the sun that illuminated her beautiful face.

"Of course... "

Rosé replied, also indignant at Jennie's behavior, even though she tried not to point it out.

"Let's go home"

Lisa said starting to walk, followed by the two girls.

They were about to leave school territory when Lisa heard someone call her name.

Or ti better say...yell.

"Lisaaaaa!"

Seulgi was running in her direction.

Surprised Lisa froze.

"What the hell? ..."

Chaeyong uttered in confusion, as she and Jisoo watched the girl run dazed.

"Seulgi?"

"Heyyy!"

The brunette greeted her with a short and friendly hug while the other two friends watched the scene in pure shock.

"H-hello?"

"I saw you in the distance and I decided to say hello, what are you doing?"

She asked her, not yet recognizing the presence of Jisoo and Rosé.

"I was going to a friend's house..."

Lisa answered her, looking at the two girls besides her.

Seulgi realized they weren't alone and immediately introduced herself, also apologizing.

"Oh! Sorry! I didn't think you were with Lisa, I'm Seulgi, nice to meet you."

The brunette introduced herself, offering her hand, which the two shaked in return.

"Hello! I'm Chaeyoung, and this is Jisoo"

Chaeyoung introduced to her with a big sweet smile on her face.

Knowing that Lisa wasn't alone when the other three weren't there made her really happy.

"We are Lalisa's longtime friends"

Jisoo said giving Seulgi a slight smile.

Jisoo is the kind of person who doesn't trust easily, and before she lets the people in her life, she analyze them thoroughly.

A habit of hers that her mother has always despised, because every time, Jisoo would make the guests in the house uncomfortable, or the other children in the classroom cry.

"Oh! Happy to meet you, I am the Lisa's seatmate in the hours of biology and maths"

Seulgi said, showing off her best smile, trying to have a good first impression in front of Lisa's closest friends.

"Thank you for keeping her company"

Rosé said, thanking her with a sincere smile, which the brunette immediately returned.

"No need to thank me, Lisa is really nice, and even if she doesn't talk much, she's very good at video games. I think she's a very good friend"

Seulgi answered her, this time, turning her eyes to Lisa.

Lisa gave her a shy smile in return, blushing slightly as Seulgi complimented her.

"Hey, so I know that you guys are supposedly going home...but how about going out with me? I wish I was closer to Lisa and you are her best friends, and my friends's friends, are my friends too, so what do you think?"

The brunette invited them with a hopeful tone in her voice.

She really wanted to go out with them.

The girls looked at each other for a few seconds, silently deciding what to do.

In the end it was their Unnie who answered.

"Sure why not?"

-------------------------

(*_*)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

266K 6.7K 57
She got that smile, and her body is to die for. Very one of a kind. Cause I, Jennie Kim, found a girl. Who's in love with a boy. She said that she...
172K 3.9K 27
When Jennie arrives at a senior party with a boyfriend seemingly out of nowhere, she leaves Lisa's heart shattered and their university in shock. Jus...
2.4K 161 6
Jennie was Lisa's childhood hero. Lisa falls in love with Jennie. But Jennie never stays. or another friends with benefits gone wrong Jenlisa AU sto...