A Royal Story

By Cephxx

Ella Diana Porter, 21 years old young woman who's born in England but her parents moved to France, is soon go... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
You guys decide :)
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
The Wedding Dress
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 55
Chapter 56

Chapter 54

168 5 6
By Cephxx

It has already been a week since granny has passed.
She was to lay in state and for four days and we honestly weren't expecting that many people to come.

We had to make some appearances and talk to the people which was normal of course, but to pretend that everything was alright was really tough.
But every person we saw had such comforting words for us and it made it all worth it and great.

Those ten days were without a doubt the most exhausting ever. And even thought they felt long and tiring it all went by quiet quickly.

The day of the funeral was the most exhausting one, and I knew how much more exhausting it was going to be for Harry and William.

Granny was finally laying with Grandpa P., and finally we were to let out a deep breath. We had been scrutinised so much by the tabloids, that I became paranoid every time I was to go out. Harry and William were as busy as ever and it was normal, but I could see how tired they were.

Charles was announced King and he had already been filmed loosing his temper a couple of times for literally nothing. Camilla looking as happy as a prison door. I get it, they were grieving too, but it seemed all too much for them.

The whole thing had taken a toll on me and even on the kids. Rose and James were exhausted, I think they could feel how tired we were, which exhausted them at some point. Kate and the kids had gone on with their lives and they were all back to school.

"Your Highness, there is mail for you." I heard Jeanette say as she entered the room and curtsied a bit, I smiled and took the letter, thanking her. The name on top of the letter was enough to have all my body tense up.

'Her Royal Highness, The Queen Consort, Camilla', well they didn't waste any time did they? As I read her letter, she was reuniting all the women of the family for the first ever tea time since Granny had passed.

Soon enough Kate was texting me saying how much she didn't want to go, she also said that she had too to try and support William since he had a whole bunch more of responsibilities, since they became Prince and Princess of Wales. Kate being the first Princess of Wales since Diana passed.

I guess she was right, we had to support our husbands the best we could and keep the family together was the most important thing at the moment, so I was to accept the tea party invitation and even thought I was already starting to feel sick to my stomach I had to do it.

Just when I was starting to cook diner that night I heard Harry enter the kitchen and felt his arms wrapping around me, he planted a kiss to my temple and I inhaled his perfume making me relax even more in his arms. He was silent, which meant he was thinking about whatever had happened today and I didn't want to disturb his thoughts so I kept on cooking.

"How is my beautiful wife today?" he finally spoke, I turned and planted a soft kiss on his lips and smiled.

"I am okay, and you how was your day?" I asked back and his brows furrowed.

"Hey what's wrong ?" he asked taking my hand and leading me to the couch in the living room, we sat down and he didn't let go of my hand.

"I received an invitation from Camilla to go to a tea party tomorrow and honestly, I am already stressing out." I tell him, and he stayed silent.

"I feel like I can't take any of her abuse anymore, and don't get me started it is abuse. She is honestly one of the worst person I have ever known and it is becoming harder and harder to be in her presence. Don't even get me started on the conversations she always has and on the fact that she is always remembering us that she is Queen, which is not technically true, she is Queen CONSORT for crying out loud. I am just so tired." I tell him a single tear sliding down.

"I know hun and I thank you so much for everything that you are doing for me and for the family. As for tomorrow, if you don't want to, don't go it's fine by me. I do not want her to have this much power over you and abuse you like that. I have already had a conversation with her and also with my dad, and since nothing is changing you don't have to endure all this anymore. You know how much I love you and how much you mean to me." he said taking me in his arms, I snuggled further in his arms and realised, yet again, how lucky I was to have such an amazing husband.

"Thank you love, but I feel like I have to and I think Kate is counting on me being here tomorrow. And anyway if it doesn't go well I will just not go anymore." I told him and he just smiled at me and softly brushed my hair with his hand. He kissed me softly and I felt like all the problems in the world were fading away.

--------------------------- the next day----------------------

The kids were at my parents house and I was finally ready for that tea party. I had put on a dark red dress with a black belt to mark my waistline, some black stilettos and took my purse and went on my way.

As soon as we arrived at Buckingham my heart sank and that's when I realised it was the first time I was going back since Granny had died. It was so strange, I had to mentally prepare myself not to see Granny and instead see Camilla, strolling the hallways as if it all belonged to her, as if she deserved all this. It was making me sick again but I took a deep breath and stepped out of the car when Terence opened my door. I smiled at him thanking him and went inside.

"If you'd follow me Ma'am." a butler said and I follow him, and realised that we normally always had tea parties inside the tea room but we were heading towards a different hallway.

"There you are Ma'am." the butler said opening the door of the room. As I stepped in I saw that we were in a room near the throne room. Normally this room is only used for coronation meetings or to be handed out a medal, to be made knight and so on. But there was a big banquet table and flowers everywhere. It didn't look anything like the room, where I had been made Lady of the Garter. I rolled my eyes and saw Kate in a corner talking to Eugenie, so I made my way towards them.

"Hello ladies." I greeted them, hugging Eugenie and then Kate as they greeted me back.

"I didn't know you were coming." said Eugenie excitedly, I smiled but frowned a bit,

"Why wouldn't I come?" I asked puzzled.

"Well Camilla had said that maybe you wouldn't be coming since you hadn't replied to her mail." she said shrugging.

"Well I didn't reply to her mail either." said Kate looking at me and I just shrugged and moved on. One more reason I was happy to be here, so I could keep her old lady trap shut.

The afternoon went on, I stayed with Kate the whole time, greeting other ladies here and there and greeting auntie Anne, who didn't look please at all to be here. Same Anne, same. Then the finger food arrived, the tea was served and scones were eaten, everything seemed good but I started to feel a little bit dizzy.

"Ella are you okay?" Kate asked me concerned, "you are very pale, do you want to go and lie down for a bit?" she asked and I couldn't find my voice so I just nodded, but as soon as I got up, everything went spinning and before I could process anything I felt myself falling as I could hear screams in the background.

"Ella!" I heard Kate's voice call me, again and again,

"Ella!"

"Ella wake up!" I heard again, but the voice was distorted.

"Ella, hunney wake up." wait, that's not Kate's voice.

"C'mon Ella, wake up love." that's... my mom's voice. I gather all my strength and open my eyes slowly, the pounding in my head being very much present still. That's when my heart sank.

"Good morning sleepy head." mom said, sitting on my bed. My bed, back at home, in France! Wait what?

"Mom what are we doing here?" I asked trying to sit up, panic rising and my temperature increasing rapidly, I could feel my cheeks get red and warm.

"What do you mean Ella? We are home, and I woke you up because a very special letter has arrived for you." she said excitedly. Panic is taking over and I can feel my eyes become wet, I have difficulties breathing, this can't be. All this happen more than 5 years ago. This can't be real.

I look over at my beside table and take my phone, which was the old version I had, I look at the date and it's 2017. I blink and blink again, this. is. not. happening.

"Ella, are you okay?" the fear in mom's eyes was way too real, I cannot have been dreaming for this long can I?

"Michael, bring Ella's inhaler right now!" I hear mom yell from my bedroom door and hear my dad coming up the stairs in a rush. He hands me the inhaler with caution and I take it, using it. I had never been an asthmatic, what is going on!

"Mom tell me this is a dream!" I say to her, tears flowing down my cheeks, her brows furrowed in confusion.

"Ella, love calm down, just take deep breaths." Dad said sitting on the bed next to me and taking my hand, as mom and dad exchange confused looks.

How can I calm down, I lost my husband, my babies, the love of my life. My whole family, my life for the past five years. What is going on?!

I feel like I am hyperventilating again and that's when I feel like my throat is closing up and I feel like darkness might take over. I have lost everything, my love, my babies, everything. I have lost the past five years of my life.

I feel numb and as darkness approaches, I decide to embrace it.

———————————————
Hi guys 🥰
Thank you so much for reading ^^

So what do you think?
Was the whole book a dream to Ella?
Or is her return home a dream?

Do not hesitate to discuss it in the comments section I'll be replying ☺️.

Stay tuned for the next chapter next week 🥰
Stay safe guys.
Lots of love
Ceph xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.9K 106 39
Do you love or hate Cinderella story? Well, try to read my story. If you hate it you might end it up loving it. Personally I don't like that Prince c...
96.4K 11.5K 33
Copyright© 2020. All rights reserved. She sat on her bed thinking how on earth is she to get married at the tender age of sixteen. Not marrying any o...
316 45 24
Amantha is not ready to be anything other than a wild, tomboy princess, but when tragedy strikes this unlikely royal is called upon to rule a kingdom...
206 10 13
A 29-year-old soon-to-be physician, Eleanor, found herself waking up in a strange world where magic and mythical creatures exist, spells are cast, an...