𝒮𝓉𝓇𝒾𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒮𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓅

By she_saidit_notme17

"Wait, so you were a Confederate Soldier?" ".....Y-yes, but that's not who I am tod-" "Tell me why I shouldn'... More

A/N: Short-Brief and Timelines
💔
The Rivers
Cullen Coven, Black and Uley Pack
Amazon, Mexican, and Volturi Covens
ALTERATIONS
Sneak Peek
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12 (New/Old Ch)
13 (New/Old Ch)
14 (New/Old Ch)
15 (New/Old Ch)
16 (New/Old Ch)

8

138 2 0
By she_saidit_notme17

'Words' - Mind Link conversation
Words/Words - Shawn/Aadya conversations or POV Character's thoughts
Words - Conversations in different languages
(Words) - Words ~ on the right hand side - Author's Note

Shawn's POV

"Did.. mom... just.. apologize?!"

I asked once we reached another part of the house, after haul assing, and the laughter had died down.

"Hmph, I think she did. But to daddy. Not to us." Raven replied. "Or me." She says more bitterly.

"Ven, that was huge of her to even say that to dad. With that being said, I don't think you'll even get that apology." I said to her.

My mom never apologized so for her to do it twice in one day. HA.

"You think I don't know that! But that's the point I don't just want one, I deserve one!"

She shouted out in one of our many seating areas in the house.

An area we ran to hideout in, mind you.

(I'm keeping the tree there because it's just 😍, and yes this is inside of the house)

"You deserve one, now?" Our mother said from behind us. I forgot, she's stealthy.

"Yes. I believe I do deserve one, Mother." My sister said facing her, standing her ground, as she always does with everything she did.

"I don't think you realize the exact position you put us all in. Especially me, with Austen. You know how I was after Dam...aaf—after my little boy."

She chokes up at my nephew's name. She still can't say it without breaking down. It's been this way for months now.

"You don't know how much it takes for me to not run away with her in my arms every second I'm in this town!"

She stormed off before she could said anything else to our mother that she'd... eventually regret.

"Raven! Raven!" My mother tried to call her back, but my sister wasn't budging and fleeted to her part of the house.

"Well, Shawn?!" She accusingly called me.

"Huh?? What did I do?!" I asked confused because if anything this was her fault.

"I know you have something you wanna add, along with her demand. So, spit it out." She goes, not backing down as she always does even when she's wrong.

"You really want me too?" I said because as much as I try to be neutral whenever my family bump heads; I will call out whoever I feel is wrong.

"Yes, I do. Your sister told me how she feels about my decision. Your father already has too. I know you have something you wanna say about it. Mr. B, will soon follow, I'm sure." She says nonchalantly.

"Ok. Well, I think the decision you made was selfish and reckless, regardless of however we may feel about it. We all should have had a say in the decision, Momma. Especially if it's something, like uhhh, oh, I don't know, uh, maybe a permanent place of residency for a family of 6, that harbors an grieving mother, your daughter, and her youngest only living child now, your granddaughter. Or did you not think about that in this power play move you did today."

She grimaced at my wording. If she won't listen to Ven, I'll have to make her at-least understand where she was coming from.

Though cruel in some type of way, I wanted her to feel a little hurt from my words since she's always so nonchalant with us. Before she could say anything, I finished what I wanted to say.

"So, yes. I do agree with Ven, Ma. You should've done this the right way, the mature way. You are our mother. The decision you made today makes Ven question that...I'm starting to think she's not so wrong now. I hope you think about that."

I left her to my words as I passed my father on the way out to my own part of the house. I thought to check in on Ven and my little one, but decided against it. I also needed to cool down as well.

Sometimes I just want to be alone and not have people in my face. So I know she feels it too, especially right about now. I did send my love and support through our bond, which she returned along with her gratitude.

This move so far has caused a rift between our family before we even met this coven, same one that we didn't want to even be here. The same one that may hold my mate.

Later that night Ven did link me to come smoke with her, and to prolly gossip about other things (not our Mom). That's why I'm lounging in her living room right now.

Her area of the house was so cool to me, and I totally copied her floor plan to accommodate me for my living area as well. She literally had a home inside of the house.

With my power to manipulate atoms to whatever I want them to be, interior design has become a new favorite for us since.

As a gift for her love of interior design I gave her this power on her 19th birthday. I think she cried. She can do whatever she wants with any power I give her because I trust that she'll always do the right thing. Even if blood was shed from it, as long as she comes back home, I kinda don't care.

Back to Ven's part of the house: she has a beautiful living room, a fully equipped kitchen with a pantry room along with a wine cellar, four very spacious bedrooms with attached en-suites that all have closets to die for, a playroom for Austen (not her room), game room for herself, a chill room (for smoking), fully equipped gym room which was attached to a very huge training room along with her own weapons room that had its own training room as well, a nice sized indoor pool room, a massive spa, laundry room that was connected to all rooms (something each of us had for the rooms in our areas of the house), two more bedrooms with en-suites for guests (closets weren't that big as the others but was still very considerate sizes) and her very own six car garage entrance and exit for her whenever she chooses to use it.

"In here, Shawnie." I heard her from the kitchen.

(Imagine a double door refrigerator twice that size in width along with the barrier design to go with this slight tweak. More walk space too.)

"Ew, no. Never call me that again." I said to her, only for her to chuckle at me.

"Dad showed me what happened after I left."

She said, it was quiet for a while before I anxiously started ranting.

"I really didn't wanna go that far, but lately she has not been thinking about how certain things are suppose to go now."

Growing up our parents, along with Mr. or Uncle B, had more rein with the decision making but these past 2-3 years Mom was supposed to let up a little and let us in more. I say 2-3 years because at that point in my life my powers fully matured, and due to the bond we have, Raven's powers were more stabilized too. And we'd trained with the best growing up, so we were more than ready.

"Dad has and is willing to let us get our hands a little dirty sometimes, and we have been more included with the big missions, but that's only because Uncle B pushed for it since he knew Dad couldn't sway her enough to let us in."

"But this is something I never thought she'd do. It's like I don't even see her anymore sometimes." I sighed out. In a way I know why she's acting like that, it's the grief.

My nephew's death was something out of all of our's control. Something my mother just had to have at all times, mind you.

So can you imagine...sorry...how a control freak would react to their own grandson's untimely death. I feel for her, really I do. But that doesn't excuse her carelessness with us lately. Especially with my sister.

"So yeah, you're welcome. I really hope mom sits and thinks about what we all said. I know Uncle B chewed her ass a new one. I can sleep with that at least."

Since I finished talking I noticed she never really talked about what I had said either, but I know she seen all of it. She hasn't really come to anyone yet about his death and how it's impacted her, and we understand. Whenever she's ready we'll be there. She did listen to all I had to say with a thoughtful expression, and agreed that if Uncle B hadn't spoken up, we probably would've never experienced Mumbai.

Oh, Mumbai. Boy we had a time there is all I'll say.

She had even laughed and agreed with my last statement as well.

After the awkwardness disappeared I helped her finish making the sandwiches for us to have for our session, we weren't eating inside since she wanted to smoke in her outside seating area. Austen just got done her study session since she was homeschooled and was already fed and had played around for a bit with Ven, so I know she is knocked out right about now.

After the session, some COD, some other game she just found and a few board games, I return to my bedroom and got ready for bed.

I wanna keep my sleep schedule on track if I wanna graduate early. I'm going to take online courses to fast track my credits. My repeat of junior year doesn't officially start until another 3 days, which was next Monday, the middle of first quarter at that. So starting tomorrow I'm taking advantage of my little break by getting my feel of this town, all the known spots and hangouts, find the favored old people (believe it or not it goes a long way), and try to find decent food spots. I can't go to La Push yet because we haven't met the tribe, bummer. I wanted to see the whales. I'm definitely going to the mall, that's probably where I'll see my future classmates though.

This is gonna be great.

The sarcasm is so thick, I'm gonna choke.

The real question is is if the mall has anything nice, I'm feeling like Seattle might be more the better option, but I don't wanna do that right now.

I do hope the mall has more than 5 stores or I might cause a sinkhole.

If the mall is trash, my sister might be right. We gotta get outta here. But I'm not heading to Seattle until I'm more suited to this place, think I'll bring Ven.

'Uh..did you think about shopping with me...  just now?'

That's the weirdest thing.

I don't know how she does it every time.

__

(I'm been debating if I would show how families can argue. It isn't always sunshine and stuff. We argue, we yell, we scream, we say things we regret, sometimes we even say things we mean. And I wanna put it in here. Sometimes I feel like I will trigger a few but this writing thing has slowly been medicinal to me and something is telling to write this and put it here, so I am.)

(I will try to put warnings on the big argument chapters in the future if that's what some of you want.)

(And also is not disrespectful to disagree with something your parent has done that has hurt you, or someone you care about. Don't let them get away with it just because of their title, I'm certain if that was anyone else...Oh, ok.)

(And no, I mean it's with how you say it. You can deliver something completely horrible to someone in a nice way. Doctors do it all the time. Everyone knows how to do this, some choose not to, sadly some of these people are also parents, and you would think that their child will be spared but no, they're not. No child should be their parent's verbal punching bag because their not healed properly from their own childhood, or whatever trauma they wanna take out on their children. That's what sums it all up really.)

Hints here people 😂

(But still I wanna put out there I'm not trying to have Shawn or Raven be disrespectful to Isa but right now she's wrong and she's going to have to go through some hard truths and if a parent being checked is wrong, then hey, can't have it all I guess.)

(Shawn and Raven will always have a certain level of respect for their parents while expressing themselves. Please don't forget that.)

(Just wanted to put this out there.)

Revised, and edited on 9/17/23.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

537K 15K 52
˗ˏˋ꒰ ✨ ꒱ - ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ 𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘 ❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌ ╰┈➤ ❝ [(n.) The act of loving the one who loves you; a love returned full.] ❝If it were up to me, I'...
17K 330 15
"You don't understand how much you mean to me. You are my heart." "I've love you a thousand years, hell maybe even more." "I'll never stop loving you...
134K 2.6K 60
Lion King X Twilight Au (Weird I know. But it'll be great) Follow this lioness to find her mate. And become something new. Pre-Twilight-Breaking daw...
1.6M 52.5K 84
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐈𝐃| ❝︎Why are you so paranoid?❞︎ ❝︎Why aren't you?❞ 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐞 �...