Must get a Date!

By danglingaway

An annual family gathering has Eliza wishing for a date. She wants her family’s trust and approval, but her l... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four

Chapter Five

137 8 11
By danglingaway

A/N: The current book cover is what I made. I think it's quite cool. :p It's my new hobby to make covers. So if anybody is interested to get a new cover, gimme a call! Lol. You can inbox me or something. I will gladly do it for you!

This chapter, I am dedictaing to a friend I personally know for supporting me through all times. Thank you for been there! <3

Chapter Five

*Ryder POV*

I was entangled in Eliza's embrace. My body was frozen by then. It was like the day the Earth stood still. I didn't know what to do. The only thought running through my mind was three loud words: WHAT…THE…HELL?

'Calm down, Ryder. Don't do anything stupid. She’s starting to trust you. Think before you start acting.' My heart rate started decreasing.

I remembered the bike ride from the previous day. Eliza got emotional suddenly and she hugged my back then. I was shocked. I was terrified, actually. It's not that easy to act casually around people with unpredictable mood.

A few seconds passed by and I finally decided to respond to her friendly, yet alien, gesture. I stroked her back to calm her down. She let out a deep sigh and pulled away. We stood like that for a few seconds, staring into each other’s eyes until I decided to break the awkward silence.

"We should get going," I said cracking a smile and breaking our gaze.

Without uttering a single word, I drove us back on my bike. Meanwhile, a thousand thoughts invaded my mind, all about the moment when Eliza hugged me. I wondered what she was thinking when she did that.

As I entered the campus through the front gate, I dropped off Eliza and maneuvered on my bike to find a spot in the campus parking. There was a sign painted on the concrete that spelled PARK HERE. Suddenly, the letter ‘P’ caught my attention and I got an idea. A ‘P’ for Plan crossed my mind. I had to convince Elisa to be my girlfriend. Then I just had to impress her father and see if it would work out!

But what if what I planned didn't work out? I became doubtful thinking about the consequences.

"Hey buddy!" Tyler slapped my back playfully, startling me with his sudden appearance.

"What the hell?" I scowled, frustrated.

"What? I am just greeting you this beautiful morning, man." he retorted, a little annoyed with my attitude.

Tyler knew how short-tempered I was. If you annoyed me, you were looking for trouble. Tyler was somewhat used to my anger issues. But it still pissed him off.

"I was thinking about something and the you.....drop it mate. It's the psychology of the human brain. It will go bouncing from your head if I explain you." I joked.

"Ouch!" he feigned hurt, giving me a puppy face and pouting like a girl.

“Ah! You got cooties. Stay away from me!" I shooed him away jokingly.

"Whatever. So I was expecting you and Eliza to make a grand entrance. Where is she?" he looked at me expectedly.

"Well, I just dropped her at the gate. She must be somewhere in campus," I answered him casually. We entered our first lecture, one about the history of Roman architecture. The beautiful architecture of St. Peter's basilica.

Tyler and I were pursuing Architect as career. The buildings are so intriguing. We are surrounded by buildings. Each has their own theme and origin. I find the topic of architecture fascinating, but sometimes the old ones are too odd and modern ones are quite unimpressive. You have to be very innovative to shine among the best architects.

"You researched on St. Peter's, right?" Tyler suddenly asked, resting his hands on the desk and his face on his palm.

"What?" I gave him a blank look.

"Professor Brian gave us a simple homework on Monday Rydie!" Tyler replied in shock. He sometimes acted like a lady. He furrowed his brow while looking at the door and realization set on his features to then turn into a smile. He waved at someone at the door.

Before I could turn and look at the person, he waved and called, "Hey Eliza!"

I looked at a confused Eliza coming towards us. I was surprised to see her. How did she know I was in this class?

"Hey, Liza. Miss me already?" I asked her obnoxiously.

"Am I so predictable?" she replied, looking like a lost puppy. I examined her expression and saw a hint of confusion on her face. Of course, she forgot about our fake date!

Someone nudged me on the side and I realized I hadn't introduced my cocky friend to her.

"Come here, sweetie. Meet my awesomest buddy so far, Ta-da Tyler!" I hugged Tyler to show my affection for him. Of course it was to irritate him. He just looked at me with disgust. What? Can't two buddies share a bear hug nowadays?

"Ryder, stay away from me," Tyler shoved my hand off. And I pouted to annoy him more. Elisa chuckled at my childish behaviour.

"You disgust me, Rydie!" Tyler shook his head.

"Hi, Tyler! Nice to meet you!" she interrupted, giving my buddy her friendliest smile.

"Ryder's girlfriend! It's nice to see you," he shot back the same big smile she gave him.

"You can call me Eliza." She said in a warning tone.

Eliza turned to me.

"Can we hangout afterschool?" she asked.

"Of course, Liza. Your wish is my command," I smirked.

"Okay, I am free after 4. You can call me whenever you have the time. I have something I want to talk to you about," and with that, she waved and ran off.

As soon as she left, Tyler faced me and started teasing me.

"Grow up man!" I punched him playfully and he just chuckled.

"What do you think? What does she want to talk about?" Tyler frowned thoughtfully.

He is more worried about the plan working out than me. I am his one and only true friend. In his high school, he was every girl’s dream. And all the jocks would treat him like a King. He enjoyed the attention but knew they were nothing but fakers. People like them are so unoriginal. They will follow you like a swarm of flies just to get attention. But they miss out with all those foolish attempts their true selves. They don't have true friends in the end. Tyler never seeks attention. I can tell it’s his nature. Two months after all is not the short period of time that it sounds like. I had spent 1,440 hours (not literally)  with that asshole. Of course I could judge him.

I finally let out a sigh and replied.

"I don't know, man. I just hope it's not about my secret," I finger crossed secretly. I don't believe in that, but you never know.

"Don't worry, Williams. It's confidential. Nobody will dare spit it out without your permission," he stated matter-of-factly.

Before I could think about what Tyler said, Mr. Brian entered the classroom and the lecture started.

<------------------------------------->

I am free now. Where are you? >Ryder< I texted Eliza nervously. My mobile beeped just a few seconds later.

Just dragging my right foot to the gate ): >Eliza 0:)<

I looked at the entrance of the campus and was befuddled as she literally dragged her right foot, limping on her left one in the process, to walk. I immediately stormed towards her and placed her arm around my shoulder.

"What happened, apple pie?"

Okay, I was hungry and that just came out as I was concerned at the moment. And I wanted to be sweet to hide my nervousness. After all, I still didn't know what she wanted to talk about. Only God and Liza knew.

"A guy was carrying these humongous books!" she showed me the density of the book with her hands, "And before I even notice him, the books slipped from his hand and with a thud all landed on my right foot. It hurts so much!" She blinked as a tear began to kiss her lashes.

I just chuckled at her cuteness. Who cries at this age about physical pain? Eliza. One more new thing about her: weakness. Wow, God knows how she handles emotional pain.

"Hey, don't laugh. I'm sure it was intentional. He wanted to humiliate me. Can't he understand we’re not in high school anymore?" And then she groaned in pain.

I carried her bridal style to ease her pain. And to top it off, she was wearing a very tight, not to mention hot, outfit. Stupid her.

"I can walk Ryder!" she complained pouting her lips, her cheeks showing a tint of pink. Her eyes sparkled with tears threatening to escape.

"So can I!" I just shrugged it and started walking towards my bike. Poor her. I should have let her bring her car.

"We are going to your house," I told her casually as I put her down on the back of my bike’s seat.

"No! To the beach!" she protests like always.

"Shut up!" I was getting annoyed with her behaviour. I liked it when she put up a moderate attitude with me, but not when she was childish like in that moment.

I started the bike and like that morning’s ride, we were silent. I thanked god for it mentally. I was currently having a temper. I was too scared to think about anything. This suggested that Eliza wanted to talk about my secret. But her behaviour told another story. I relaxed a bit and focused on road.

<--------------------------------------------->

Dear lolly readers! What do you think Eliza wants to talk about? Is Ryder Williams secret on verge of revealing? Please leave a comment of what you think?

And guys I love to write. But sometimes I feel dull when I don't get response from the readers. And to those who do, I am really truely thankful to them for supporting my work.

So a request worth a sterling silvers, Please leave your precious comments and give your pearly votes! I adore them both! =)

Ah that was rhyming!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...