π…π‘πŽπ™π„π 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐒, 𝐖...

By romansfilm

𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐳𝐞𝐧 𝐟π₯𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬 /ˈfrōzΙ™n - flers/ ────── ☾ .* β€’ + πŸ§ŠπŸ§šβ„οΈ .* β€’ + ☽ π—π–Ύπ—‹π–»οΌŒπ—‡π—ˆπ—Žπ—‡... More

π’οΌŽπ’Šπ’π’•π’“π’π’…π’–π’„π’•π’Šπ’π’π’”οΌ›π’„π’‰π’‚π’“π’‚π’„π’•π’†π’“π’”
π’Šπ’ŠοΌŽπ’•π’˜π’οΌ›π’π’‚π’„π’Œπ’Šπ’π’ˆ 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒍
π’Šπ’Šπ’ŠοΌŽπ’•π’‰π’“π’†π’†οΌ›οΏΌ π’Šπ’π’•π’“π’Šπ’ˆπ’–π’Šπ’π’ˆ 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔
π’Šπ’Šπ’Šπ’ŠοΌŽπ’‡π’π’–π’“οΌ›π’”π’‰π’π’˜π’•π’Šπ’Žπ’†
π’—οΌŽπ’‡π’Šπ’—π’†οΌ›π’‰π’šπ’‘π’π’π’•π’Šπ’„ π’‡π’†π’†π’π’Šπ’π’ˆ
π’—π’ŠοΌŽπ’”π’Šπ’™οΌ›π’•π’“π’Šπ’ˆπ’ˆπ’†π’“π’†π’… π’—π’Šπ’”π’Šπ’π’π’”
π’—π’Šπ’ŠοΌŽπ’”π’†π’—π’†π’οΌ›π’…π’†π’”π’•π’Šπ’π’š'𝒔 π’„π’‰π’‚π’“π’Ž
π’—π’Šπ’Šπ’ŠοΌŽπ’†π’Šπ’ˆπ’‰π’•οΌ›π’Šπ’π’‡π’π’“π’Žπ’‚π’•π’Šπ’π’ π’Šπ’ π’‘π’“π’π’ˆπ’“π’†π’”π’”

π’ŠοΌŽπ’π’π’†οΌ›π’‚ π’—π’†π’“π’š π’˜π’‚π’“π’Ž π’˜π’†π’π’„π’π’Žπ’†

3.4K 154 41
By romansfilm

-𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐳𝐞𝐧 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬;𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐱 𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐚
-𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗈𝗇𝖾:𝖺 𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒 𝗐𝖺𝗋𝗆 𝗐𝖾𝗅𝖼𝗈𝗆𝖾

LET'S HAVE A TALK, she said. Nothing is wrong, she said. Well, she flat out lied. Don't get her wrong Chione adored her mentor and leader Aurora, but telling her she was being transferred to Alfea instead of continuing her studies in the ice fortress was insane.

When Aurora called her into her office, she thought they were going to have their weekly updates on how her magic along with everybody else she was tutoring was going.

It was like clockwork every week she would be called up. They'd say their hellos and get right down to business, but this week. This week was totally different and not in a good way.

"You are my best student, and it's only right for you to see if the otherlands are habitable for us." Aurora said, as she tried to convince her pupil.

"I understand, I do, but respectfully why can't you go check it out." Chione asked, wanting to know the whole truth behind the sudden change.

Aurora shook her head with a slight smile. "You always see behind everything I tell you. But it is one of the things I cherish about you the most, though the attitude, not so much."

"However, you are right. You deserve to know the whole truth."

Agreeing, Chione nodded her head, and waited for Aurora to continue.

"You see Chione, over the decades us arctic fairies have lived and we have thrived well, but there was always one thing we've never done. And that would be leaving the ice fortress. But now I think it's time for us to consider other options, I think it's time to see if we can live and thrive in other places that aren't as cold."

During Aurora's monologue, Chione listened attentively. She knew Aurora was right and she hated it.

Her teachings were here, her friends and family were here. But she knew when it came to her people and her leader she would do anything, even if that meant hanging around other fairies in a different place she didn't know.

"So as you can see here, I just want for us to have choices on where we can possibly live if this all goes well." Aurora finished saying, then waited for Chione to say, well anything.

With a sigh, and deflated shoulders, Chione agreed.

"But if one thing goes wrong, or I don't like it I'm coming right back."

Aurora simply smiled brightly and walked around her desk to give Chione a hug.

❄︎

Turns out, Chione's family already knew what today's chat consisted of with Aurora. In fact, they had already packed her suitcases in the car that she was driving, and transported all of her room decorations to the school.

"Just because I'm leaving for a while, doesn't mean you can have my room." she said, giving a pointed look to her younger sister, Isa.

"Once you're gone you'll never know." She smirked, but then walked up to her sister to give her a big goodbye hug.

"Whatever, and please make sure Fro doesn't destroy the house while I'm gone, you know how he gets when he eats sugar." Chione reminded.

"You act like I haven't lived here all my life, I'm only one year younger than you, you know."

"I know, I know."

There was a moment of silence when only the wind was heard.

"Well, I guess this is my goodbye."

"I guess it is. See you sometime CC."

"You too, Isa." Chione said, as she waved to her family who were also outside, walking towards her car.

Getting in she turned on the engine,and  she took off towards her temporary home, Alfea.

❄︎

Going through magical portals and cutting through forest pathways was the easy part.

But having to deal with fairies who weren't like you at all, was a little tricky. So excuse Chione if she wasn't the nicest person to talk to on school grounds.

And that wasn't the only reason why she was grumpy.

Climate change was not her friend.

Chione was used to cold harsh air. So going from it being cold all day around to the humid hot sun did not sit well with her.

But she thanked her fairy godmother, because she wore the perfect outfit from this condition.

She wore a sleeveless romper with a pair of her favorite chunky heels. Her dark honey blonde hair was done up into a banana bushel braid, with added butterfly clips for more pizazz and two front pieces of her hair hanging down.

Nearing the portal barrier to the school, Chione found a parking spot to park her car.

After parking, she got all of her luggage out and made sure to lock the doors behind her.

Using the bit of magic she had already perfected, she levitated most of her suitcases with telekinesis and started walking through the portal to the front gates of the school.

❄︎

Making her famous debut towards the entrance of the school, a red haired girl decided to stop right in front of her, blocking her passageway.

"If you're going to stop in the middle of traffic to sight see, go to the right lane everyone knows that." She scuffed.

The red haired girl tried to apologize, but it was no use since Chione was already walking away.

Making her way towards the middle of the yard, Chione stopped levitating her luggage, and set it down gently.

Taking the phone out of her pocket, she saw a text message from a girl named Stella telling her to meet her at the gates of the school.

But of course, Chione was not going to listen to her. She had already memorized the school's plans before she arrived, so she didn't have to use a tour guide.

Wanting to get a head start on unpacking, she set on to her dorm room.

Though she did know she had 6 other dorm mates, she didn't have to share her own room with any of them because of her extreme living conditions.

❄︎

Entering the dorm room area, Chione went straight to her designated place.

Also noting the earth fairy, putting plant pots all around the living space. She could tell those plants would drag in humidity–it was only a matter of time.

Getting right to it, she set her room temperature below 32 degrees to feel more aquated with everything.

Then she started to set up a few picture frames, and she set things on her desk.

After a good 30 minutes of unpacking, Chione could tell she made real progress.

No the room wasn't as big as the one she had in the ice fortress, but it would do for the time being.

Double checking over everything, she found it to be alright.

Then out of the blue she heard someone making a phone call to their parents, and that voice sounded an awful lot like the girl who tried apologizing for stopping right in front of her.

She knew then it was going to be a long year in Solaria.

But the one thing she couldn't help but do was eavesdrop.

And from what she heard over the phone she could tell that the girl didn't quite have the best relationship with her parents, but who was she to judge?

Oh, who was she kidding. Chione was going to judge but she would at least keep it to herself.

Enough of that though. Walking out of her designated room, she decided to observe her roommates.

So she took the pleasure in standing by her door frame until she felt like socializing.

"But I'm sure once I do, I'll find...something to love." She heard the light fairy, named Stella say to the ginger haired fairy she now could say was Bloom.

Chione chuckled lightly to herself, she could already see that Stella was going to be...something.

"Shared space, Terra. Everyone loved The Secret Garden, because it was a secret." Stella sassed.

"Actually, that's not quite the message of The Secret Garden. If anything, it's a story about how when things are kept private their benefits aren't fully appreciated." The earth fairy corrected, with a happy smile.

Chione on the other hand did not know the meaning behind The Secret Garden so she was thankful for the girl's insight.

Stella on the other hand did not look impressed.

Looking at the one sided tension, Chione decided to speak up to save Terra's bright nature.

"I think the plant's are lovely, though I know they will bring in humidity. If they make you happy Terra, be my guest and spread your metaphorical wings."

Not noticing the other person in the room, both Stella and Terra turned their attention towards her.

"Thank you." She spoke, and Chione nodded for her response.

Terra turned to leave, whereas Stella stayed put.

Putting on a cunningly fake smile, Stella started to introduce herself. Keyword "started".

"I don't think you know who I am, but let's change that I'm–"

"I know who you are. And I'm not here to make friends, but if I was, you wouldn't be one – well at least not with that superiority rank you think you have. But do have a good rest of your day, princess." Chione digressed.

From their shared room, Musa and Terra both watched the new girl and Stella's greeting go down.

It was amusing to say the least.

Musa on one hand though only felt a rush of emotions coming from Stella, but the other girl was zen.

She found that odd, because normally everyone would have some sort of wild thought or imagination, but with her she was one of the most cool and collected people she had ever met.

And she liked it, Musa definitely had to know more about the other new mystery fairy.

In her own head, she didn't notice the honey blonde fairy had stepped into the room.

"I just went for a swim in the river, but I don't suppose this place has a pool?" Aisha asked.

Overhearing the conversation, Chione decided to walk up and join.

"I also would like to know if there were any stray ponds that aren't being used so I could figure skate on it."

"Genuine question, how are you going to figure skate on the pond? It's not even close to being December yet, there's no ice." Terra asked.

Chione chuckled softly to herself before answering the question.

"I'm an Arctic Fairy, controlling ice is kinda what I do."

"So that means you're the transfer student from the ice fortress?" Aisha questioned.

"That's me, Chione Chang. But if you don't mind, can we get back to the pool and the ponds subject."

"Sure, sure." both fairies answered at once.

"You said you've already gone swimming?" Terra recited.

Aisha hummed a yes.

"I go twice a day everyday."

"Same with me and figure skating." Chione chimed in.

"But you just got here." Terra stated.

"You do know what "everyday" means?" Aisha joked.

"Well, the only thing close is the pond where the specialist trains, but nobody swims there, at least not on purpose."

"Want to share it, promise I won't be in your way."

"I'm fine with that if you are." Aisha agreed.

❄︎

Having nothing to do in her room, since her roommates were doing their own things Chione decided to go outside of the barrier for a quick smoke break.

And no, she did not smoke cigars.

She liked the more herbal side, when it came to smoking.

Exiting the barrier she found a log on in the wilderness, and took the blunt out of her pocket alongside her lighter, and lit it up.

She was at peace for a good 5 minutes till she heard someone else trekking their way through the woods.

Letting out a puff of smoke, her parental vision caught a slightly built lanky brown haired boy dropping right beside her.

"I came out here to smoke in peace, but here you are."

"Seems like someone is in a bit of a hostel mood this morning." He said with a smirk.

Chione rolled her eyes.

"I'm Riven." He introduced.

"And I didn't ask."

"Yeah, you're definitely a fairy, but which type. Let me guess, fire fairy perhaps?" He questioned.

That estimate made Chione give Rive a "cold" glare.

"Taking the look into consideration, I'm guessing I was wrong."

"Gee, how did you get that bright idea?"

About to take another smoke from his blunt, Riven saw that his light went out.

"Shit. Do you happen to have a lighter on you by any chance?"

Chione huffed but passed him her lighter.

Grabbing the lighter from her hand, Riven felt a jolt of coldness rush through his body.

"You're freakishly cold." He stated

Chione scuffed a laugh.

"I'm an ice fairy dumbass, of course I'm cold."

"And apparently that's not the only thing." He said, trying to raise a laugh out of the girl.

"Keep talking and your swords will be shattered." She threatened.

Riven surrendered with two hands in the air, all though you could tell he was joking.

Afterwards there was a calm silence that flowed throughout the forest, until both Riven and Chione heard a rasping sound nearby.

Looking at each other, they both tried to see where the sound was coming from.

Not seeing anything they both went back to smoking, but Chione did stay on high alert.

It was now eerily quiet outside as Riven and Chione smoked.

But that all changed when they turned their heads in the same direction to see a mangled and bloody dead body.

That's when they both got the hell up out of there.

❄︎

Going to the mess hall, Chione decided to meet back up with her friends.

Seeing all of her roommates gather at a table, she decided to join them. Because socializing was part of the transfer requirements or so Aurora said.

"Who actually saw the shepherd's body?" She heard Terra ask.

"That would be me." She answered by revealing herself.

"Maybe he was just old. People get old, die. We all die."

"That man might have been old but he was definitely killed by something else." Chione disagreed and corrected, standing by Musa.

"Yeah, that old–age decapitation really sneaks up on you." Musa joked.

"Happened to my nan right in the middle of bingo. Just, thwop, theop, thwop. Down the table."

"Same thing with my gramps." Chione added on.

"Happens to the worst of us really."

Suddenly both Aisha and Chione started grabbing a million things off the table.

"No judgment to either of you, but.." Musa implied pointing to the food in their hands.

"I eat a million calories a day. If I don't swim, I'd be massive." Aisha explained.

"And I just like food, but figure skating helps with the metabolism."

"I used to dance. I get it."

"On that note, Chione, will you be joining me soon?"

"Yes, I will. Just let me change and get my ice skates."

"Alrighty."

"Second round damn, and for you, your first of the day." Musa exclaimed.

"You guys weren't kidding."

Both girls shrugged then walked off, to go do their daily practices.

LOVE SPEAKS :
Welcome to the first chapter of, Frozen Flares!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

627K 14.3K 37
βˆΎβœ§γ€‚COMPLETE MESS【BOOK ONE】 ۡ∾ ❛CALL IT A LESSON WHEN I FEEL YOU SLIDE AWAY AND I'M MISSING OUT ON HALF MY LIFE OH YOU M...
1.5K 56 21
Davina Bennett is stuck rooming with the one-years. She's going to become their mentor and their friend - well, mostly - while she tries to keep Bloo...
636K 15K 31
Undesirable- (In which Adelina falls in love with the boy she hates more than anything.) (Riven hated Adelina. He even hated the sound of her name. I...
729K 13.9K 37
βœ©πšœπš‘πšŽ πš•πš’πšŸπšŽπšœ πš’πš— πšπšŠπš’πšπš›πšŽπšŠπš–πšœ πš πš’πšπš‘ πš–πšŽβœ© Clove, a first year fairy at Alfea academy. With being a rare fairy and new dangers arising...