Forest Lake

Galing kay SophiaAria

Emma is an 18-year-old girl who lives with her mom and stepfather. She was sent to a boarding school when her... Higit pa

Introduction
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Update
Chapter 70

Chapter 13

9.6K 318 26
Galing kay SophiaAria

Mason POV

I stared at her, unable to answer her question.

She wanted to talk? Why? What could she possibly say that would make me feel better?

“Mason?” she called me when I didn’t answer.

I blinked. I don’t want to talk to her. I don’t want to know why she left me. I don’t want her excuses.

“There is nothing to talk about.” I said and turned around.

“Yes, there is.” she said as she followed behind me.

“No, there isn’t.” I said, clenching my fists and gritting my teeth. “I don’t want to hear anything that you have to say.”

“Well, I want to hear what you have to say, Mason.” she said as she struggled to keep up with me.

I slowed down my pace. I didn’t want her to be left alone in the hallway.

Why would she want to hear what I have to say? Does she really want me to tell her how much I suffered? Does she really want to know about all the nights I couldn’t sleep because I missed her like crazy? Or about those nights I cried myself to sleep? Does she really want to know how I became cold and distant because she wasn’t there with me? Does she really want to know how alone I felt after my own twin, my best friend, abandoned me?

“Mason, please.” she said after a few silent moments. “I need to know why you hate me this much.”

I stopped abruptly, making her walk straight into me.

“Shit.” I heard her mumble under her breath as she caught my waist to stabilize herself.

Is she serious right now? She doesn’t know why I hate her? Is she mocking me?

My anger rose up rapidly and I wanted to punch a wall.

I turned around and looked down at her. She was looking up at me with sadness in her eyes, and I couldn’t help but wonder why she was sad. Did she think that I wouldn’t start hating her after what she did?

“Are you kidding me right now?” I finally spoke. “You don’t know?”

She shook her head. Tears started forming in her eyes.

I bent over and got into her face. I searched for a hint of a lie, but I couldn’t find it. She really didn’t think it would hurt me when she literally decided that she didn’t want to have anything to do with me anymore?

“Mason, please, talk to me.” she said quietly as the first tear dropped on her cheek.

I chuckled darkly. “Why? So you can enjoy hearing about my pain?”

Her eyes widened in shock. More tears fell out of her eyes.

“Pain?” she mumbled quietly.

I sighed and stood back up. I looked around. There were just the two of us in the hallway, but it was only a matter of time before someone would walk past us. I didn’t want to do this in front of other people. I didn’t want to do this at all, but she insisted, and I decided to tell her. I would tell her all about my pain and, hopefully, she would feel some of it. I would hurt her, just like she hurt me.

I grabbed her hand and pulled her into the nearest classroom. I turned the light on and locked the door. I can’t have her running away now. She will hear everything I have to say.

I turned around and crossed my arms over my chest.

“You want to know why I hate you?” I asked coldly.

She nodded, fidgeting with her fingers.

“You left me.” I said. “You left your twin brother and you never looked back.”

Her eyes widened. “I had no choice, Mason. Mom took me away. I never wanted to leave you. You know that.”

“No choice?” I repeated and chuckled darkly. “You had no choice other than to abandon me completely?”

“Mason, you know I wanted to stay with you and dad.” she said quietly, wiping the tears from her cheeks. “You know I never wanted to leave with mom. But what could I have done, Mason? I was nine years old. It wasn’t my decision, and it wasn’t yours either.”

I clenched my fists and tightened my jaw. Every fucking piece of furniture in this room looked very punchable right now. I knew she had to leave. As much as it hurt me, I knew that she couldn’t stay with me and dad. But that is not what I was talking about, and she knew that.

“You could have called.” I said through my teeth. “You could have visited like we agreed to, but you never wanted to. You didn’t want to have anything to do with me, didn’t you?”

Her eyes widened. She stared at me in shock and confusion. Why is she shocked? Did she think that dad wouldn’t tell me?

“What are you talking about?” she asked me quietly.

“Oh, come on.” I sighed. “Don’t pretend like you don’t know. Dad told me everything.”

She furrowed her eyebrows. “Dad told you what?”

I sighed, running my hand through my hair.

“He told me what you said when you left.” I said, clenching my fists. “He told me that you never wanted to hear from me again. He told me that you never wanted to see me again. Did you really think I wouldn’t hate you after that? We’d promised that we would talk every day. We’d promised that we would see each other all the time. You hugged me, cried on my shoulder, and promised all those things, only to tell dad, not even 10 minutes later, that you never wanted to hear or see me again. That is why I fucking hate you, Emma!”

By the time I finished talking, I was screaming at her. I was pacing around, grabbing a fistful of my hair, and glaring at her with all the hate I could muster up.

She was staring at me wide-eyed. Tears were streaming down her cheeks in a continuous flow. She was shaking from top to bottom.

“What, you didn’t think dad would tell me?” I chuckled as I stopped pacing. “You thought that he would keep it between the two of you?”

A sob escaped her lips. She placed a hand over her mouth and closed her eyes.

A part of me wanted to hug her and take her pain away. Another part of me was happy because she finally felt the pain I felt when dad said those words to me.

She opened her eyes, moved the hand from her mouth, and took a deep breath.

“I never said that.” she said quietly, her voice trembling.

“Right.” I snorted. “Like I am going to believe you.”

She looked up at me and sobbed again. It felt like a knife went through my heart.

“I never said that, Mason.” she repeated, sobbing. “I tried calling you. I tried texting you. I even wrote you letters. The calls and messages didn’t go through. The letters came back because the recipient refused them. I still have them, Mason. I didn’t leave you, Mason. I would never do that. I could never do that. You were my best friend. I love you more than anything in the world. I could never leave you. I don’t know why dad said that, but it wasn’t true.”

My world stopped spinning.

She is lying. She has to be lying.

“I thought it was you who didn’t want to talk to me.” she continued, wrapping her arms around herself. “I begged mom to take me back so I could talk to you in person and find out what I did. She wouldn’t do that. I tried everything. I kept calling you, hoping that just one call would go through. I called dad. I called everyone I knew. When none of that worked, I started writing letters to you begging you to talk to me and tell me what I did wrong. I wrote at least a dozen letters. They all came back. I still have them. They are in my room.”

My heart was pounding like crazy.

I stared at her with my mouth wide open.

None of it made sense.

Is she lying?

Did dad lie? But why? Why would he do that? Why would he separate me from her when he knew how much I loved her?

She stepped toward me and wrapped her arms around my torso. She leaned her head on my chest and sobbed.

“I am sorry, Mason.” she managed to mumble out in between her sobs. “I am so sorry.”

I stared down at her, unable to move and unable to think clearly.

What the hell should I do?

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

271K 10.8K 29
She had always felt like an out cast, she knew her family hated her but she didn't understand why. maybe it was because they never truly wanted her...
2.6K 233 25
Some Secrets You Just Can't Keep... Dexter and Mae are twins.They had always been close, well closer than most siblings are anyways. Threw it all the...
1.3K 84 15
Sequel to falling for my new sibling (the swap fanfiction) Highest ranking #498 in mystery/thriller 1/5/17 #284 in mystery/thriller 2/14/17 Ellie an...
372 0 48
The Austins moved to Oak Creek Indiana to escape reminders of a family tragedy. To forget their past. For the first time in her sixteen years, Hailey...