The Patient's Painkiller is a...

By ChickenStripping

Peter Parker, a psychologist, insists on taking a patient everyone strongly advises against. ((Cover art used... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51

Chapter 35

1.6K 77 42
By ChickenStripping

This was a bit of an awkward situation of sorts. 

Peter was sat in the principal’s office, even though he didnt work here anymore, Debra was off to the side, even though he wasn’t out for coffee with her, and Ellie was sat next to him.

“You’re the one responsible for her now?” the large man before him asked, looking at Peter with confusion, clearly recognizing him but not knowing where from.

“Yes” Peter replied, finding the chair he sat in uncomfortable “I am Peter Parker” he introduced himself in case the man needed reminding 

“Ah! You used to work here, didnt you Mr Parker?” the principal finally remembered, smiling at him from his big plushed chair

“Yes, I used to be the counselor here before Mrs Pabby and Mrs Paige” he returned the smile 

“He is also the one who recommended Mrs Paige to us” Debra added from where she stood, flashing a quick smile to Peter at her addition

“I see, Mrs Paige has been real help as of late” the man nodded “very kind to the children-“ he stopped abruptly, clearing his throat before leaning forwards, placing his elbows on the table.

Peter recognized the stance as the beguinning of the real conversation and quickly glanced towards Ellie, who remained with a grumpy expression, arms crossed.

“Now, Mr Parker-“ the principal began 

“Please, call me Peter” Peter requested nicely, hoping the proximity created with the usage of first names would discourage the man from giving any punishment to Ellie…if thats what was happening.

“Peter” the principal corrected, smile reaching his eyes for a moment “Eleanor here has gotten into a fight with the others” he began, gesturing to the girl who blew a stray air out of her face at the mention of her.

“Is she hurt?” Peter asked, worriedly turning to Ellie. He had been picked on in his younger days and couldn’t help but imagine those scenerios happening to Ellie.

Surprised by the question, Ellie turned to look up at Peter with wide eyes before she looked away, almost in shame. While before she had been grumpily sat with arms crossed, legs spread and sliding down her seat…Now she looked down, hand on her lap as she sat hunching on herself.

“No, she is a very good fighter, so it seems” the principal said, bringing Peter’s attention back “A boy, however, had to go to the nurse thanks to a knee to his nose” he glanced Ellie’s way and Peter followed.

On Ellie’s stocking there was a bit of blood. 

“Is the boy alright?” Peter turned back to look forwards

“It was a minor nosebleed” the man waved his hand before turning serious as he looked at Peter “however we do not allow violence in this school…” he said “We have put Eleanor in detention for today but if this happens again we’ll have to kick her out” he warned.

“Alright” Peter nodded, looking at Ellie from the corner of his eye before asking “Do you know why they were fighting?” 

“Well… not exactly” the principal replied with a sigh “The young man told us what happened but Eleanor hasn’t spoken to us yet, not with Mrs Paige, me or Miss Whitman” he gestured to himself and Debra with a frown.

Peter frowned slightly before turning to look at Ellie who was already avoiding looking at him, seeming to know hed be the next to ask. Sighing, Peter smiled as he placed a hand on Ellie’s shoulder

“Ellie” he began “I know you aren’t the sort of girl to go around picking fights, so why dont you tell us what happened so we can clear this up, hm?” he said gently.

Ellie shook her head, face still down as she refused. Frowning with worry, Peter tilted his head, trying to look at her expression

“It’s stupid…” she said with a wavering voice that sounded too close to crying 

“If it upset you so much, I don’t think its stupid” Peter reassured 

“You’ll be mad” she whispered with a sniffle “and then you’ll leave me at the orphanage because I’m a bad kid”

Peter frowned, feeling his chest clench at such a claim. It wasn’t surprising though, he had the same fears when younger and Ellie had been constantly told she was a bad kid…

“Oh Ellie” Peter stood, walking in front of her so he could kneel and look at the girl properly “I wouldn’t so such thing, ever” he said, placing a comforting hand on her knee as to remind her that he was still here,

“People make mistakes, its natural…” he continued, hearing what must have been a sniffle form the principal himself “It’s only fair you make some as well, children make them all the time- I make mistakes too” he continued “I’d never leave you for something like that…so even if you think this is stupid or youre in trouble, I wouldn’t just abandon you” 

“Really?” two big shiny eyes looked up at him at last and Peter smiled

“Really” Peter assured “Who’s going to watch mermaid melody with me?” he asked, receiving the smallest smiles in return.

Coming closer, Debra handed Peter some tissues, smiling sadly at him and Ellie as he accepted them-

“Here, Miss Whitman has given you some tissues” he gave it to Ellie “so why dont you blow your nose and tell us what happened and where you learned those moves from?” he playfully winked.

“Okay” Ellie nodded, taking the offered tissues.

Blowing her nose, Peter remained close, deciding to stay by Ellie despite the girl having calmed down. He kept his hand on her shoe, offering a reminder that he was still there as well as taking the chance to tie them for her.

“He pulled my hair” Ellie began with a sniff, balling the tissues in her hand. 

Taking the dirty tissues from her, Peter threw them in the small bin close to the principal’s desk and smiled, hoping Ellie continued 

“and I told him not to touch it but he said I looked weird because my hair is always a mess” she scowled “and he kept messing my hair and I got mad so I grabbed his and pulled his face to my knee” she nodded as if there hadn’t been many other ways to have felt with the situation.

Peter blinked, everyone remaining quiet as they stared at Ellie who huffed and returned to glare at the door.

“Told you it was stupid” she mumbled and Peter felt horrible because he wanted to laugh.

“Ellie…” Peter sighed 

“I know, violence isn’t the answer-“ she rolled her eyes before looking back at Peter with a frown “but I also know that you have been learning how to style hair and that you worked really hard on my hair and that i really liked it” she said “I really liked my hair, it was pretty…and he messed it up and said I looked weird- that your hard work looked weird” she sniffled, brushing her hair with her hands sadly.

Oh… Peter hadn’t thought that Ellie had noticed it but he guessed she was to smart to have not noticed it. This wasn’t about her hair being pulled, it was about her standing up for Peter in her own way which made his heart melt at the gesture.

It was so odd to see the child he was protecting, try protect him in old ways.

Offering an understanding smile, Peter winked with his back still to the principal before he stood and placed his hands on his hips.

“I will have a proper talk to her about hitting others, Sir” he turned with a stern expression “however this would have not happened had Ellie not been bullied, I hope you have a talk with this boy” he huffed with a small nod.

“Boys will pull hair to girls they like” the principal said and Peter was already rolling his eyes 

“Its that excuse along with ‘boys will be boys’ that they always give” he said “Ellie had clearly asked him to stop but not only did this boy continue he called her names” he frowned “Ellie was defending herself and although she went too far, she got punished for it- I think its only fair the boy in the very least goes through the same” he huffed

“Well..Yes but he was bleedi-“ 

“He was and wouldn’t be if he hadn’t provoked Ellie” Peter insisted despite hating comfrotation, he knew it wouldn’t fix anything but he needed justice for Ellie.

“Sir…” Peter began with a sad tone “I’m a professional in these psychological things…if we dont teach boys that pulling girls’ hair isn’t nice then what will happen when they grow to be men?” yes, he was using this card.

“I suppose…” the man was at lost ast words, glancing at Debra for help who had her arms crossed in disapproval 

“When I was younger teachers always said to me when I was bullied” she said “They are doing that because they have a crush on you…it didnt change that it hurt” she walked closer to them with a frown “I think its only fair to at least have a talk with the boy”

“And parent” Peter added “parents need to know what their child is doing, sometimes the kid just doesnt know its wrong” he nodded sagely as if he didnt just want the kid to get into more trouble with their parents.

“Alright” the principal sighed in defeat, deflating into his chair as he massaged his temple “Alright, I will call his parents as well” he promised.

On their way back, they stopped by reception so Debra could lend Ellie her brush just so she could put tidy it into a pony tail. She offered them a car ride home, to which Peter appreciated, and despite refusing, Peter still sent some gas money for her.

“Why did you stand up for me?” Ellie asked once they were home, removing her shoes at the door as Peter hung her bag up

“Shouldn’t have I?” he asked as he remove his coat.

When Ellie looked up at him, he smiled and turned to walk in the house, listening to the little footsteps, that he was growing used to, follow behind.

“I’ll be going back to work soon” Peter said as he entered the kitchen, grabbing a few leaflets he got and placing them on the table “Was wondering if you’d like to join a club so you spent less time at home alone” he said “Do you like sport-“

Peter froze, eyes wide, as two little arms wrapped around his waist awkwardly from the side, Ellie stuffing her face in his belly with the hug 

“Thank you, Peter” her voice was muffled 

Slowly, Peter lowered his hand to pat Ellie’s head. He wasn’t certain what he was being thanked for but decided to just accept it as it was.

The two spent ordered in pizza as Ellie showed her moves that Wade had apparently taught her for self defense, pepperoni flying across the living room with each kick and “POW!”.

A gymnastics leaflet close by, chosen by Ellie after she learnt Peter had done it. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 256 43
This is a continued version of my Adopted by the Avengers x oc book. Peter will be more like the comics tho but he still Tom Holland Spiderman warni...
85.6K 1.4K 28
{peter parker} {spiderman} {tom holland} {2018-2019 era}
131K 5.1K 26
With none of his remaining family stable enough to care for him and developing superpowers, a young Peter Parker is sent to S.H.I.E.L.D., an agency a...
219K 6.7K 65
Peter was meant to text Wade after a bad beating from May to ask if he could stay round his. What he didn't know was that Wade had given him the wron...